Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:37:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gaming on the Blockchain  (Read 8456 times)
hasmukhh

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 01:09:22 PM

its a good thinking.on the contrary, people might confuse the gaming with gambling.earning bitcoins with gaming is good but gambling for bitcoins is not a great deal. and would we lose the bitcoins if we lose th game , as in a bet ?
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 03:07:23 PM
Last edit: May 20, 2015, 06:17:43 PM by Amph

its a good thinking.on the contrary, people might confuse the gaming with gambling.earning bitcoins with gaming is good but gambling for bitcoins is not a great deal. and would we lose the bitcoins if we lose th game , as in a bet ?

the gain must be set in relationship with the skill, in the sense that it should not be too easy to earn some coins, otherwise it would lead to easy dumping, so if you remove the lose of your coins in-game, then you need to make the earning harder

look at hyper, you need 200 kills for just 1 mere hyper, which has a value of 10k satoshi
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 06:03:00 PM

the gain must be set in relationship with the skill, in the sense that it should not be too easy to earn some coins, otherwise it would lead to easy dumping, so you if remove the lose of your coins in-game, then you need to make the earning harder

look at hyper, you need 200 kills for just 1 mere hyper, which has a value of 10k satoshi

But with that low of payout I dont think it worth to play this game and wasting your time and its hard to do, some people will prefer to do faucets with clicking captcha, its easier to do especially with using bot or imacros that make them easier and fast to earn bitcoin
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 06:14:30 PM

the gain must be set in relationship with the skill, in the sense that it should not be too easy to earn some coins, otherwise it would lead to easy dumping, so you if remove the lose of your coins in-game, then you need to make the earning harder

But with that low of payout I dont think it worth to play this game and wasting your time and its hard to do, some people will prefer to do faucets with clicking captcha, its easier to do especially with using bot or imacros that make them easier and fast to earn bitcoin

Is it wasting your time, if you enjoy the game and were going to play a game anyway?

How is getting a faucet bot made or doing captchas, while dealing with popups/ads galore (worrying about getting a virus) easier to do than playing a game?

I think it people are interested in this, they should check out HYPER... since there are fun games to play that let you get Hyper (and a few other cryptos with the DragonKnight game) just for playing. Plus you can stake the HYPER you get for more. Unlike faucets, that require you to come back every few minutes or hours to get more. You can play a game, get some HYPER, hold it in your wallet, and not do anything for a few weeks, and have more than you started with. (IMHO, that's much better than faucets)

Dragon Knight 2, I got a few dollars worth of HYPER so far, while doing non-stop faucets in the same time period would probably get me 1 cent worth of Bitcoin.
BTCat
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 06:37:19 PM

Here's an article on some game-cryptocurrencies. There's a difference in gaming for crypto within the game directly (proof-of-play) or getting rewarded by staff indirectly, through tournaments etc.

Cryptocurrencies in Video Games: Preview Roundup - Published on November 21, 2014

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/18306/cryptocurrencies-in-video-games-preview-roundup/
The Bitcoin Co-op (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 09:49:22 PM

Here's an article on some game-cryptocurrencies. There's a difference in gaming for crypto within the game directly (proof-of-play) or getting rewarded by staff indirectly, through tournaments etc.

Cryptocurrencies in Video Games: Preview Roundup - Published on November 21, 2014

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/18306/cryptocurrencies-in-video-games-preview-roundup/
I wrote that one, too!  Grin  Bitcoin Magazine no longer accepts editorial pieces (booooo!), so now we have Gaming on the Blockchain as a NewsBTC-based series.

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 11:48:29 PM

Imagine the world that everyone playing a game to earn Bitcoin Shocked It would be a great time, I would support this project Grin

faucet used to be profitable
nvaler

Activity: 68

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 12:14:23 AM

this is interesting, is there a demo site we could play with?

do we get some free coins to play with?
nvaler

Activity: 68

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 12:33:18 AM

after reading all the pages, this is a good idea guys!
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 07:43:14 AM

Imagine the world that everyone playing a game to earn Bitcoin Shocked It would be a great time, I would support this project Grin

yeah but not simply games, we need something big, like blizzard/valve games or general good fps game

card games are an okish start but i want more complex game

this is interesting, is there a demo site we could play with?

do we get some free coins to play with?

i think you should get something to begin with, if they want to encourage adoption rate for this project

BTCevo
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 03:19:42 PM

Is it wasting your time, if you enjoy the game and were going to play a game anyway?

How is getting a faucet bot made or doing captchas, while dealing with popups/ads galore (worrying about getting a virus) easier to do than playing a game?

I think it people are interested in this, they should check out HYPER... since there are fun games to play that let you get Hyper (and a few other cryptos with the DragonKnight game) just for playing. Plus you can stake the HYPER you get for more. Unlike faucets, that require you to come back every few minutes or hours to get more. You can play a game, get some HYPER, hold it in your wallet, and not do anything for a few weeks, and have more than you started with. (IMHO, that's much better than faucets)

Dragon Knight 2, I got a few dollars worth of HYPER so far, while doing non-stop faucets in the same time period would probably get me 1 cent worth of Bitcoin.

Altough if Im enjoying the game but the time is not worth to waste because the payout is only 10k sat but with faucet it will earn more than 10k sat and I think the time we used is faster than 200 kills. So we spend a little time but get much sat so I think its worth enough. I didnt say that the game is boring or hard to achieved but this is just about the payment
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 03:30:19 PM

Altough if Im enjoying the game but the time is not worth to waste because the payout is only 10k sat but with faucet it will earn more than 10k sat and I think the time we used is faster than 200 kills. So we spend a little time but get much sat so I think its worth enough. I didnt say that the game is boring or hard to achieved but this is just about the payment

That's why I suggested Dragon Knight 2, because I literally got way more money (In Hyper) by playing a game than I would have gotten doing faucets the whole time (In Bitcoin). Plus Hyper stakes while you keep it in  your wallet. So it's growing even when I'm doing nothing.
BTCevo
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 04:41:47 PM

That's why I suggested Dragon Knight 2, because I literally got way more money (In Hyper) by playing a game than I would have gotten doing faucets the whole time (In Bitcoin). Plus Hyper stakes while you keep it in  your wallet. So it's growing even when I'm doing nothing.

Ok if you say that game can earn you some and more than any faucets. Where is the proof? And can you post some link to the game so everyone can see it and try to play it so that will make the game legit to be played
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 07:23:24 PM

Ok if you say that game can earn you some and more than any faucets. Where is the proof? And can you post some link to the game so everyone can see it and try to play it so that will make the game legit to be played

Sure, I can get you proof.

Here's the Hyper address I used with Dragon Knight2: HGxGCDz31mdwVHmoUQRLTrARqhyPGkznV4

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/hyper/address.dws?HGxGCDz31mdwVHmoUQRLTrARqhyPGkznV4.htm

I only used this address with Hyper Wars, another free to play web-based game, I only got 4 hyper from that so far, because I prefer the Dragon Knight game personally.

If you log into Dragon Knight, anyone can view my profile and see how much I've withdrawn, but you need to be logged in to see it, so here's a pic:

Hyper's been fluctuating between 0.00011 and .000125 recently. But figuring it out at .00011 from those 2 games (check the Total Received for the address), I've gotten 0.008682685 Btc worth of HYPER, which is about $2.05. But I actually could have gotten more, I wanted to get some GoldPieces (as shown in the pic), that GP could have been 0.0022825 btc worth of HYPER, (because GoldPieces conversion rate was double what Hyper was, so I divided GP by half, and figured out the btc worth with .00011 rate, which equals about 50 cents)

In total that's about $2.55 worth of Hyper.

Note: If you look up the rates of Hyper and GoldPieces now to DragonPoints it was recently changed this week, to be less, due to CryptoDatabase making it easier to get DragonPoints, the higher level you are. I seem to be getting about double the points (which equals about the same amount of Hyper), but I haven't had that much time to play this week to check it out. The change wasn't to give less money, it was to make it more profitable in the future for those who work at it and get stronger and can kill stronger monsters.

But, like I said, that Hyper I do have, is sitting in my wallet, and will give me more by staking it. Cheesy

And it's free to play.

For more information Dragon Knight 2 and Hyper wars, you can see here: http://makingmoneyhoney.com/games4cryptos.htm
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 07:31:40 PM

Sure, I can get you proof.

Here's the Hyper address I used with Dragon Knight2: HGxGCDz31mdwVHmoUQRLTrARqhyPGkznV4

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/hyper/address.dws?HGxGCDz31mdwVHmoUQRLTrARqhyPGkznV4.htm

I only used this address with Hyper Wars, another free to play web-based game, I only got 4 hyper from that so far, because I prefer the Dragon Knight game personally.

If you log into Dragon Knight, anyone can view my profile and see how much I've withdrawn, but you need to be logged in to see it, so here's a pic:

Hyper's been fluctuating between 0.00011 and .000125 recently. But figuring it out at .00011 from those 2 games, I've gotten 0.008682685 Btc worth of HYPER, which is about $2.05. But I actually could have gotten more, I wanted to get some GoldPieces (as shown in the pic), that GP could have been 0.0022825 btc worth of HYPER, (because GoldPieces conversion rate was double what Hyper was, so I divided GP by half, and figured out the btc worth with .00011 rate, which equals about 50 cents)

In total that's about $2.55 worth of Hyper.

Note: If you look up the rates of Hyper and GoldPieces now to DragonPoints it was recently changed this week, to be less, due to CryptoDatabase making it easier to get DragonPoints, the higher level you are. I seem to be getting about double the points (which equals about the same amount of Hyper), but I haven't had that much time to play this week to check it out. The change wasn't to give less money, it was to make it more profitable in the future for those who work at it and get stronger and can kill stronger monsters.

But, like I said, that Hyper I do have, is sitting in my wallet, and will give me more by staking it. Cheesy

And it's free to play.

For more information Dragon Knight 2 and Hyper wars, you can see here: http://makingmoneyhoney.com/games4cryptos.htm

in how much time you got that amount? because with cs go you can get easily 50 coins in 4 hours or so, i didn't tried recently, but with the old update it was even more easy
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 07:43:57 PM

in how much time you got that amount? because with cs go you can get easily 50 coins in 4 hours or so, i didn't tried recently, but with the old update it was even more easy

I've been a member on Dragon Knight 2 for 52 days. But, obviously, not playing the game, all day everyday, lol. I only play when I have free time, which isn't that often. The CS GO sounds great, but as far as I know, you have to pay to play it, since you need to buy the game first. I believe you need to have CS GO already bought, then log in for free on the Hyper server, and play. It's also not the kind of game I'm personally into, so I didn't look into it too much.

But playing games for crypto, is once again shown to be way more profitable than faucets. Wink
BTCat
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 07:46:55 PM

Motocoin was on track very well to become such a game that is fun to play and you can earn coins directly in the game.
Unfortunately there are bots that ruined the chance to win so you can only get very little even if you get some skill.
Perhaps it does better than faucets though since they pay so little. Trade price of MOTO is very low now too so maybe a good strategy could be to play and hold earnings longterm. Still a recommendation to try, it's free (in-wallet) and fun.
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 08:34:15 PM

Director Andrew Wagner has just begun a series of reviews of cryptocurrency, blockchain, and decentralization-based video games. It's called Gaming on the Blockchain; the first review is of Moonga, which is putting its online trading cards on the Bitcoin blockchain as smart property.

Check it out: http://www.newsbtc.com/2015/04/26/blockchain-gaming-moonga/
Has he heard of Motocoin?
The whole currency is run by a small moto simulation game. In this case, the blockchain is a game.
Too bad the dev left and the website expired.  Embarrassed
The Bitcoin Co-op (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2015, 01:17:36 AM

Guys, it doesn't matter if playing a video game is less profitable than faucets or day trading. Consider the value of your free time and consumer satisfaction: you don't have to click through endless captchas or stay up all night on caffeine (or worse). You just get to play some video games.

Bitcoin Magazine is currently not accepting editorials/features, so the Cryptocurrencies in Video Games series I was writing there came to a halt. Gaming on the Blockchain continues on NewsBTC, however. Bitcoin Magazine may accept editorials again in the future.

The decentralized proof of play-style games like Motocoin and Huntercoin encountered problems in the form of bots and players with savant-like abilities. Huntercoin was overtaken by a player they called the Dominator--it's kind of like the WoW episode of South Park.  Grin

The Huntercoin developer is going to make a comeback, however, and he has way more ideas. He will be featured on Gaming on the Blockchain in the future, perhaps soon. We were given a demo  Wink

For now, we're still covering EverdreamSoft's Moonga/Spells of Genesis plans: no proof of play, but in-game assets will be on the blockchain via Counterparty. Hope you'll tune into the Hangout broadcast from Decentral Vancouver (https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/c6vdhtji70uil6picm5vtqmb0e8) with the CEO of EDS and Koji of Indie Square. The crowd is getting free smart property  Cool

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS
hnin

Activity: 754
Merit: 510

EverdreamSoft Team

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2015, 09:22:15 AM

EverdreamSoft just launched a website for their in-game currency BitCrystals which will be used in Spells of Genesis and Moonga - http://www.bitcrystals.com, check it out!

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: