Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 04:48:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gaming on the Blockchain  (Read 8455 times)
neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 10:32:52 PM

I would like to see a way ot mine Bitcoins in Minecraft, like actual mining of the blockchain but throught ingame blocks, that would be pretty cool considering how many players are destroying blocks on a daily.
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 09:57:42 AM

I would like to see a way ot mine Bitcoins in Minecraft, like actual mining of the blockchain but throught ingame blocks, that would be pretty cool considering how many players are destroying blocks on a daily.
I'm wondering what would happen to the Minecraft world if everyone keep doing a mining.
Or maybe the overworld will being reset every day/week???

faucet used to be profitable
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 12:09:24 PM

the eraning would be low, they will probably use the power of each computer that is playing that moment, to estract bitcoin, and unless 1T computer are hashing there i doubt you can earn a good reward
The Bitcoin Co-op (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2015, 12:30:40 PM

the eraning would be low, they will probably use the power of each computer that is playing that moment, to estract bitcoin, and unless 1T computer are hashing there i doubt you can earn a good reward
It's conceivable if you don't rely on proof-of-work. Instead, it's a form of proof-of-play: players mine the Minecraft world in search of a specific block, and the first person to find it is the miner of the "MinecraftCoin" block who decides what transactions are included. This has the same decentralizing effect as proof-of-work or proof-of-stake if we can eliminate bots. If more people are mining, the block they need to find in the game world becomes more rare, or less rare if people quit. Thus, an average block time would be achieved.

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS
The Bitcoin Co-op (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2015, 04:21:06 AM

I'm still waiting on a test kit and other information to do a detailed review of Huntercoin, which I'm really excited for. If it does what I'm told it does, it will be a revolutionary advancement in the blockchain-based gaming sector.

For now, I've decided to do Gaming on the Blockchain's first preview, an in-depth look at the upcoming Spells of Genesis. I've been playing the test version as it evolves, and now you can, too, via a webpage linked to in my article! I honestly believe this might be a game changer (pun intended) for the entire video game industry in general... read here to learn why: http://www.newsbtc.com/2015/07/31/blockchain-gaming-sog-preview/

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 09:12:10 AM

it would be nice if there would be a list of blockchain-based games on the first page. it is hard to real all post in oder to find the posted games.
The Bitcoin Co-op (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2015, 09:40:14 AM

it would be nice if there would be a list of blockchain-based games on the first page. it is hard to real all post in oder to find the posted games.
Great idea. I'm going to do that now, thanks.

barsbars

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 05:19:28 PM

is there a stock simulator game? just like all the forex chart and candles and etc.. it would be awesome  Grin learning by playing  Wink
BTCat
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 05:26:08 PM

is there a stock simulator game? just like all the forex chart and candles and etc.. it would be awesome  Grin learning by playing  Wink

Soon (5 aug) the old SLCapex will be active again here onlinecapex.com
But it's not blockchain or crypto. The companies are real, they mostly came out of second life.
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 06:28:27 PM

Im guessing all of this will end up being processed throught off-chain services like the Lightning Network. Honestly last thing I want is the blockchain being flooded with millions of microtransactions per seconds from people gaming all over the world. The volume wouldn't be realistic to process in-blockchain in my opinion. The market for this is huge and the volume will be too much.
The Bitcoin Co-op (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2015, 12:24:04 AM

Im guessing all of this will end up being processed throught off-chain services like the Lightning Network. Honestly last thing I want is the blockchain being flooded with millions of microtransactions per seconds from people gaming all over the world. The volume wouldn't be realistic to process in-blockchain in my opinion. The market for this is huge and the volume will be too much.
Possibly, but I'm not sure if the Lightning Network can handle smart property and contracts? Those are required for the games under development, such as the recently-reviewed Spells of Genesis.

Many games will have specific block time and block size requirements, and so will use their own blockchains. Huntercoin is a great example. What's probably going to happen is that they'll use Factom to hash their blockchains into the Bitcoin blockchain for security.

The Bitcoin Co-op (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2016, 03:47:10 PM

It's been a busy last few months, but I finally found the time to publish another installment of this series about crypto video games. This one is about Huntercoin, and is my favorite one, yet, for reasons made clear in the introduction:

"The Gaming on the Blockchain series has covered nearly every major development in its namesake niche, and many people have caught onto the opportunity cryptography represents for the gaming industry. The Munne Project appears to have been a cheap way to capitalize on this, while other titles like Spells of Genesis use it only partially for things like in-game smart property.

The Huntercoin team, however, had one dream: to build a game that is fully and completely decentralized. Like most dreams, it wasn’t easy to accomplish; they encountered ample drama along the way, and dealt with the financial constraints typical of underground projects. Now, however, all of that hard work is finally beginning to pay off.
"

READ MORE

elizabethqueen

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 09:05:10 AM

Director Andrew Wagner has been running a series of reviews of cryptocurrency, blockchain, and decentralization-based video games. It's called Gaming on the Blockchain; the first review is of Moonga, which is putting its online trading cards on the Bitcoin blockchain as smart property. The long-term goal is to provide comprehensive coverage of this nascent industry, which includes all of the following installments:

soundinteresting,what genre is that game?i think they should have better promotions to make more popular this game,waiting for RPG game with bitcoin awards,it will be amazing and cool Cheesy

The Bitcoin Co-op (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 10:33:12 AM

soundinteresting,what genre is that game?i think they should have better promotions to make more popular this game,waiting for RPG game with bitcoin awards,it will be amazing and cool Cheesy
Moonga is a pure trading card game, played similar to others like Magic the Gathering. Or did you mean Huntercoin? It's a pretty simple MMO... newly-minted huntercoins appear in the game world, and you must fight over them strategically using your insta-kill ability.

Everything is effectively turn based because the game can only go as fast as the block time, since all data is on the blockchain. Hopefully in the future we get very fast block times! They are talking about doing an MMORPG in the future, but the only rewards could be newly-minted coins.

sirdevil

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 10:44:30 AM

That's a very interesting industry and could bump the game industry even further (and help to bump blockchain technology as well!)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 11:42:20 AM

it's seems that wargames is moving to bitcoin, i hope that blizzard and other giant will follow

i believe that bitcoin and gaming is a very good duo, that can farther increase the awareness of bitcoin, maybe even among female
The Bitcoin Co-op (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 08:26:28 PM

it's seems that wargames is moving to bitcoin, i hope that blizzard and other giant will follow

i believe that bitcoin and gaming is a very good duo, that can farther increase the awareness of bitcoin, maybe even among female
Heard about that--it's great news! Hopefully, bigger players im MMO gaming will follow suit. We need more direct use of the blockchain, though, not just accepting coins for payment.

The Bitcoin Co-op (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2016, 04:31:41 PM

Haven't had time to update this series in a while--still developing the related website--but I noticed something: pretty much all the video game-related cryptocurrencies have skyrocketed. HUC has grown a lot, BCY dropped today but is up overall, and GAME has completely skyrocketed. HUC and GAME are literally dominating the charts on Poloniex right now, #1 and #2, respectively.

There are a lot of possible explanations for this. One of them is Pokemon Go, which is currently dominating the public consciousness as well as stock markets via Nintendo. Another is that the blockchain gaming industry has been doing well in general, and that successes in the various projects therein have been feeding off each other to build a general momentum. In general, I think people are realizing that video games will be one of the first sectors to be revolutionized by blockchain technology in practice, as their software-based nature precludes the necessity of real-world enforcement.

bravehearth0319

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 05:15:49 AM

I don't have any idea that blockchain has a game, well if that is true and already implementing I am gladly enjoy to play there too.
Just teach how? I can't imagine playing games while earnings bitcoins that's really awesome actually. Wink
The Bitcoin Co-op (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2016, 05:27:30 AM

I don't have any idea that blockchain has a game, well if that is true and already implementing I am gladly enjoy to play there too.
Just teach how? I can't imagine playing games while earnings bitcoins that's really awesome actually. Wink

Well, the Bitcoin blockchain doesn't have a game, yet. Although soon, Spells of Genesis will be out, which will have trading cards for playing on the Bitcoin blockchain via Counterparty. If you Google it, I think you'll find a demo, but you can't earn any bitcoins by playing.

GameCredits is developing quickly it looks like... last I heard, you could play TurboCharged, and they had a contest with a prize of GAME (their token). I dunno when the next one is. There's also GamerholicCoin, which has game tournaments for their GHC tokens. They can also be used to play the Grabbit agme.

Huntercoin is a great one you can earn HUC coins by playing. It uses human mining... new coins are dropped in the game world for players to fight over, and the whole MMO is on the Huntercoin blockchain with no central server. You can play right now on MithrilMan's client (http://www.mithrilman.com/Huntercoin) or wait a couple weeks for the upgraded version with blockchain pruning.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: