Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:47:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think is too much? Pre-Owned ROLEX for sale  (Read 1984 times)
graysrolex (OP)

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 10:52:54 PM

ok please be aware. i am 99% sure this watch is a fake.

why?

well from the first picture itself. see the SECOND pointer is not directly on the pointer but most likely 1/4 after it. well rolex is a precision watch. i have 3 real and 2 high copy fakes (china) [[can show pictures if you want]]

i have checked all the watches just few minutes back. the fakes does not stick directly on , but most likely 1/4 off and the other one 1/2 off.

i am not discouraging anyone to buy, just make sure you get the original rolex payment slip (not another one for this model) they need to be 1:1 to the manually written model code inside the watch.

Escrow for this deal is very much compulsory.

I respect your caution, but I have no doubt that Gray and Sons sells only authentic watches.  

I'd be very interested to see the issue you mention in any pictures you have.  I used to collect watches, so its more of a personal curiosity to see what you're looking at.  

Maybe the OP can comment on this?

If I understand you correctly you are concerned because the Seconds hand is not lined up directly with the hashmark on the dial. You have to remember that Rolex watches do not "Tick" from one second to the next. They sweep smoothly around the dial. So when you pull out the crown to stop the watch the Seconds hand will stop where ever it is currently at in its motion.

Just to answer a few other questions: The watch is from 2005 and in excellent condition inside and out. Just serviced by our Swiss-trained watchmakers.

It does not have the original box or warranty papers because the original owner did not hold on to them (for many collectors this is a cardinal sin - but for many people holding on to the original box and papers is not so important especially if they don't plan on re-selling it in the future). To put our clients at ease we guarantee the authenticity and provide a written appraisal with the model #, serial # and retail value. The watch has a two year warranty.

We feel that the price is a fair price for this particular model of Rolex - we are open to reasonable offers though. . .

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cyclops
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 10:41:06 AM

What is that green sticker in the back of the watch?

Most if not all Rolex have a green sticker on the back which has the Model number.  Some people may remove theirs once they start wearing it.

I've handled a bunch of them (even new) and no one had that Sticker... Although I doubt anyone would like to keep it there on the back.
cyclops
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 10:43:01 AM

nice watch.

Probably never will spend that much on a watch.

But then again some people pay millions for custom made 24k gold watches.

Who knows!

5.7 million dollars. Not even custom made, vintage Patek Philippe
bithalo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1017

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 01:14:22 PM

Most if not all Rolex have a green sticker on the back which has the Model number.  Some people may remove theirs once they start wearing it.

I've handled a bunch of them (even new) and no one had that Sticker... Although I doubt anyone would like to keep it there on the back.

I've kept the green sticker on my watch (Men's Yachtmaster 18K/SS, MoP dial) just to keep it as authentic as possible.  After years of off-and-on use, the sticker is still there and looks decent.

Co-author to the Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins.  More details can be found at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2767515.0
cyclops
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 02:40:35 PM

I've kept the green sticker on my watch (Men's Yachtmaster 18K/SS, MoP dial) just to keep it as authentic as possible.  After years of off-and-on use, the sticker is still there and looks decent.

I would never judge the authenticity of a watch by a sticker on it... There are a million things I would check fist, and if in doubt just open it and see the movement.
bithalo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1017

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 03:04:53 PM

I would never judge the authenticity of a watch by a sticker on it... There are a million things I would check fist, and if in doubt just open it and see the movement.

Agreed.  A sticker alone doesn't guarantee authenticity.  Its just one of many things one can verify.  For me, it came on my watch as new, so I'm leaving it on.

Co-author to the Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins.  More details can be found at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2767515.0
michietn94
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 04:13:07 PM

Hi Everyone,
We want to offer you another watch for sale. It is a Pre-Owned Rolex Explorer 2 16570
http://www.grayandsons.com/product/28053/8
Retail Price: $8,100, Gray & Sons Price: $5,880 its around (26.17 BTC!!)

Is there any certificate for this watch. The price is quite reasonable but is there any discount  Cheesy ?

nice watch.

Who knows!

Is that made by gold or real some animal fur ?

FANSUNITE

█ █
███
███
███
 ▄
 ▀
███
███
███
███
█ █

█ █
███
███
███
 ▄
 ▀
███
███
███
███
█ █
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 05:36:06 PM

id like some inside pictures with the cap off and see if has markings on for genuine Rolex and other documents. little out my price range for a watch but others maybe interested however me no thx. Ill take a fake Rolex for $10

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 08:26:18 PM

Guys.. This dude is legit.. I already bought 1 Rolex from them, just check my twitter feed.
Bobsurplus
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 08:28:22 PM

You dont know shit dude!
cyclops
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 08:43:08 PM

You dont know shit dude!

Yeah sure, unless the sticker thing is a new trend I've never seen it before in Europe.
cyclops
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 08:43:45 PM

Hi Everyone,
We want to offer you another watch for sale. It is a Pre-Owned Rolex Explorer 2 16570
http://www.grayandsons.com/product/28053/8
Retail Price: $8,100, Gray & Sons Price: $5,880 its around (26.17 BTC!!)

Is there any certificate for this watch. The price is quite reasonable but is there any discount  Cheesy ?

nice watch.

Who knows!

Is that made by gold or real some animal fur ?

Gold/Fur is unimportant (Yes it is made of that) the value is in the complexity and beauty of the watch movement.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 08:50:42 PM

You dont know shit dude!

I do not think you have any reason to speak to him like that.   I just looked at the rolex my in-laws gave me (never wear it), and it does not have this sticker either.   Since it was bought at a rolex store, i doubt it is fake.   No sticker.   Instructions for me to come into the store to get an extra link (if needed) but no green sticker.
Perhaps you are wrong.

Bobsurplus
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 08:57:42 PM

You dont know shit dude!

I do not think you have any reason to speak to him like that.   I just looked at the rolex my in-laws gave me (never wear it), and it does not have this sticker either.   Since it was bought at a rolex store, i doubt it is fake.   No sticker.   Instructions for me to come into the store to get an extra link (if needed) but no green sticker.
Perhaps you are wrong.

Listen, I have never seen a new Rolex without either the green sticker or the clear sticker with the red line.. Either way, that guy claims to know about Rolex yet is completely unaware of the second most recognized part of a Rolex.. First being the Rolex logo, the second is the green sticker!
Bobsurplus
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 08:59:57 PM

You dont know shit dude!

Yeah sure, unless the sticker thing is a new trend I've never seen it before in Europe.

Oh man... this is not a new trend.. Just go to any Rolex AD and ask to look at a few models and then ask how long Rolex has been using green stickers.. Anyway.. Im just saying that these guys are not a fly by night operation and buying a watch from them is safe.

cyclops
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 10:22:46 PM

You dont know shit dude!

Oh man... this is not a new trend.. Just go to any Rolex AD and ask to look at a few models and then ask how long Rolex has been using green stickers.. Anyway.. Im just saying that these guys are not a fly by night operation and buying a watch from them is safe.

Nerver seen one with the sticker nor in the dealer, neither in hands of anyone. That is really strange or maybe they just peel it of once they are in the shop...
Bobsurplus
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 10:24:34 PM

You dont know shit dude!

Nerver seen one with the sticker nor in the dealer, neither in hands of anyone. That is really strange or maybe they just peel it of once they are in the shop...

Nahh man...Not normally.. if its used then maybe its off but thinking hard I dont think I ever seen a new Rolex minus the green sticker.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: