Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:32:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SCAM IPO [Bakewell] - Finally, a 'transparent' investment that will 'grow'!  (Read 47726 times)
Carnth

Activity: 634
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 12:56:55 AM

The market has not picked a replacement for an exchange & the glbse has sent nothing out.  Undecided so sitting in limbo

Thanks for keeping us updated.

As far as a replacement exchange, Burnside has something that looks very promising.

Once Nefario reseales the list of asset owners to the respective issuiers, moving to a new exchange (like Burnside's) would be practically painless for everybody.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 08:45:19 PM

Based on the GLBSE trade history available in
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=117491.0

we can see that there were a total of 52 trades of BAKEWELL, for the total of 610 shares worth 91.03 coins. Note that trade history file does not include private transfers. Out of these 610 shares, only 54 were traded below BTC0.15, for the total value of BTC7.63.  I'd say even if we don't get info from GLBSE, it won't be hard to figure out ownership based on what everyone claims. Many people, I am sure, will have some kind of personal ledger they've kept, and the rest can be calculated, as it all needs to add up.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
johnjay3000

Activity: 87
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2012, 11:21:53 AM

My private list should be pretty much bang on in terms of who has what.
 Unseen advantage in making contact with people and doing the private sales

I am missing a couple handfulls of shares that were sold on the open market out of the ipo allotment, and anything that was done p2p between holders privately.

I am/was holding 65 shares that I brought open market... not sure how I can prove it now though...
niko

View Profile
November 02, 2012, 02:27:42 PM

My private list should be pretty much bang on in terms of who has what.
 Unseen advantage in making contact with people and doing the private sales

I am missing a couple handfulls of shares that were sold on the open market out of the ipo allotment, and anything that was done p2p between holders privately.

I am/was holding 65 shares that I brought open market... not sure how I can prove it now though...
Do you know the date and time of the purchase? Even approximate time might help. You can look up trades in the file linked here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=117491.0
If you have problems converting from Unix time to UTC, let me know and I'll provide a converted version.

Evolvex

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2012, 05:49:14 PM

Thanks for the updates Ian, sounds like everythings going well.

Do you hold how many shares I've got or should I be looking to provide some proof etc?
johnjay3000

View Profile
November 03, 2012, 08:17:27 AM

Do you know the date and time of the purchase? Even approximate time might help. You can look up trades in the file linked here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=117491.0
If you have problems converting from Unix time to UTC, let me know and I'll provide a converted version.

Yeah I saved all that incase this kind of thing happened.
Code:
Type	Timestamp	btc_amount	# of Shares
buy 13/09/2012 09:17 -฿6.00000000 40
buy 14/09/2012 07:52 -฿0.45000000 3
buy 15/09/2012 23:11 -฿0.30000000 2
sell 17/09/2012 08:31 ฿0.14987654 -1
buy 20/09/2012 10:17 -฿1.65000000 11
buy 20/09/2012 10:17 -฿0.74999950 5
buy 26/09/2012 06:43 -฿0.14899899 1
buy 26/09/2012 06:43 -฿0.59599600 4
niko

View Profile
November 15, 2012, 03:31:43 PM

How are the rigs doing? 

niko

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 06:11:39 AM

Going strong pushing 650mhash per card (they are running at 1100) with zero downtime.

I was hoping to overvolt the cards a bit and push them up to 1200ish, but I don't want them to go down while I am out during the day should the ambient temp rise.

Yep, back in my mining days I came to conclusion that stability is more profitable than those elusive extra 50 MH/s per card. Keep on hashing!

johnjay3000

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 09:45:17 AM

So whats the deal with divs? I havent been paying much attention lately so I am a bit out of the loop.

Also, if I was interested in selling, would Bakewell buy them back or would I have to find a seller, and how do we handle them wthout an exchange?
Carnth

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 04:30:02 PM

Also, if I was interested in selling, would Bakewell buy them back or would I have to find a seller, and how do we handle them wthout an exchange?
I am just as confused about how to move forward as everyone else is.

Sure, Ian may know who purchased shares using his "special deal." But who's to say that nobody sold those shares on the open market?
In my opinion, until Nefario decides to do something, there is not much that any asset manager can do.
And everyone will just have to wait (essentially all assets frozen) until that time.
niko

View Profile
November 17, 2012, 06:34:40 PM

Sure, Ian may know who purchased shares using his "special deal." But who's to say that nobody sold those shares on the open market?
In my opinion, until Nefario decides to do something, there is not much that any asset manager can do.
And everyone will just have to wait (essentially all assets frozen) until that time.

It's not that big of a problem, as only 54 shares were sold in the open market. Even if someone lies to not have sold them, they are risking their reputation for ~$80, and we can easily absorb that loss.

Based on the GLBSE trade history available in
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=117491.0

we can see that there were a total of 52 trades of BAKEWELL, for the total of 610 shares worth 91.03 coins. Note that trade history file does not include private transfers. Out of these 610 shares, only 54 were traded below BTC0.15, for the total value of BTC7.63.  I'd say even if we don't get info from GLBSE, it won't be hard to figure out ownership based on what everyone claims. Many people, I am sure, will have some kind of personal ledger they've kept, and the rest can be calculated, as it all needs to add up.

niko

View Profile
November 17, 2012, 11:07:28 PM

Would it hurt to start asking shareholders to submit their claims to you now?  Perhaps it would turn out that no p2p trades are claimed. Even if they are claimed, both seller and buyer would need to claim their part, and it would all need to add up in your book.

Carnth

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 02:57:50 AM

If you plan on continuing operations with a new exchange, I would highly recommend https://btct.co/
burnside has spent a lot of time on the Litecoin version of his exchange (where I manage an asset), and has now just released the BTC side.
Burnside got a lawyer, and registered it in Belize.
As a standard feature, you will be emailed all shareholder information on a routine basis--just in case. And, it's not slow!
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2012, 12:20:44 PM

If you plan on continuing operations with a new exchange, I would highly recommend https://btct.co/
burnside has spent a lot of time on the Litecoin version of his exchange (where I manage an asset), and has now just released the BTC side.
As a standard feature, you will be emailed all shareholder information on a routine basis--just in case. And, it's not slow!

+10

matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2012, 07:58:11 PM

+10

+1

niko

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 04:58:33 AM

Would it hurt to start asking shareholders to submit their claims to you now?  Perhaps it would turn out that no p2p trades are claimed. Even if they are claimed, both seller and buyer would need to claim their part, and it would all need to add up in your book.

Let's give it a try

Shareholders:
If you held BAKEWELL shares at the time the glbse went down, please PM me any information you have regarding your holdings.

Have you received the claims from everyone? Anyone missing?

niko

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 09:46:07 PM

Have you received the claims from everyone? Anyone missing?

A little less than half the shares in the wild have been claimed.
Most people seem honest, some seem like total bullshit...
 and a good portion know they liked me, think they might have bought me, but do not really know what they held.

I have not received anything from the GLBSE yet.
It's been 12 days now since you started collecting claims. Would it be wise to set a deadline, so we can move forward?

Carnth

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 10:58:01 PM

A few options exist to relist, still not sure what the best option would be, and everywhere has really low volume - I guess investing in bitcoin land is killed now?

I would be very happy to see BAKEWELL continue on https://btct.co/

We would need to win some sort of popularity contest or somesuch to get onto btct.co but I'll look into it more, it seems to be the most recommended around the forum and easiest to get involved with.

On the upside, should we take a new listing somewhere, it gives us the opportunity to address some of the problems we had on the GLBSE (thinking back to the ceiling problem and lots of shares on the market)

I know how btct.co works, because I manage an asset on burnside's Litecoin Global's exchange (and btct.co is just a copy-n-paste of that).

It's true the when a new asset is listed on btct.co, your asset is approved by umm.. lets call them "asset moderators" (full disclosure: I am one).
Here's how it works:
  • You sign up, list your asset.
  • The moderators take a look at your asset contract, your history (from forums, irc, whatever) and then give a YES or NO vote.
  • Once you get 5 YES votes, your asset is approved and trading can begin.
Burnside did this so that assets approvals are not in his hands (although I'm sure he is a moderator as well).

Other benefits of btct.co:
  • Speed. Burside developed the exchange with speed in mind and continues in that direction.
  • Community Involvement. Burnside is actively involved with the community. He listens to all suggestions and implements the best ones
  • Registered as an actual company in Beleize
  • As a asset issuer/manager, you will be emailed all shareholder info (as of right now) at least twice a day. This email includes the email address of all shareholders and how many shares they own--just in case.
  • I heard burnside is "going easy" on previous GLBSE asset issuers and might reduce or even refund the asset creation fee.
burnside
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2012, 11:38:44 PM

That is correct.  GLBSE assets will get the 5 BTC refunded to their account once we have verified that they existed on GLBSE before the shutdown.

We also have an import script that will import Nefario's list, create accounts, transfer the shares to the new accounts, and email the users their new account info,

Cheers.
LoweryCBS

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

firstbits 1LoCBS

View Profile
November 30, 2012, 12:37:19 AM

Anyone have opinions on cryptostocks, therocktrading, havelockinvestments, mpex, or anywhere else they would like to mention?

Just want to make sure we take a look at everything and have hear everyone out.

I am quite impressed by BTC-TradingCo.  Bakewell will thrive there.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: