Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:14:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SCAM IPO [Bakewell] - Finally, a 'transparent' investment that will 'grow'!  (Read 47726 times)
Monster Tent

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2012, 05:24:39 AM

The shares are equitable and owned by me.
They are considered considered active for growth and maintenance with the dividends received on them contracted to the expansion of the BAKEWELL company after covering BAKEWELL expenses.

Quoted for blatant scamming.

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
usagi
VIP

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 29, 2012, 01:36:19 PM

The shares are equitable and owned by me.
They are considered considered active for growth and maintenance with the dividends received on them contracted to the expansion of the BAKEWELL company after covering BAKEWELL expenses.

Quoted for blatant scamming.

Just open a scam accusation forum thread against him. I have one up here, which deals with a separate issue against him. You should pursue your grievances there IMO. I think by now it's pretty obvious he scammed his investors in multiple ways. A good scam accusation thread will clearly lay out the evidence and suggest a remedy by which Ian can perform some action to avoid a scammer tag.

I don't think he deserves a scammer tag "no matter what", I think there is still time for him to fix this. But I am not responsible for making that decision.. just weighing in.
Evolvex

Activity: 179

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 03:36:40 PM

Dividend has been paid.

I am having some issues with the 50btc pool last night and this morning, getting huge amounts of rejects, etc... It cost us some loot Sad
So I switched over to BTC Guild for the time being, back up and running well Smiley And to make up for the downtime I threw in a bit from my pocket.

Then I figured what the hell... I'll double it up to BTC3.2 - 'tis the season you know

2012-12-24 10:59   ฿ 3.2   5700   0.00056140

1500 * 0.00056140 = BTC0.8421 received on growth and maintenance

Ian, just catching up a little - I haven't received any dividend, where was this sent?
Deprived

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 03:40:19 PM

Dividend has been paid.

I am having some issues with the 50btc pool last night and this morning, getting huge amounts of rejects, etc... It cost us some loot Sad
So I switched over to BTC Guild for the time being, back up and running well Smiley And to make up for the downtime I threw in a bit from my pocket.

Then I figured what the hell... I'll double it up to BTC3.2 - 'tis the season you know

Ian, just catching up a little - I haven't received any dividend, where was this sent?

On BTC.CO.

Most likely the email to you from them ended in your spam folder.

There'll be an email detailing an account created for you on BTC.CO - if you log into it you'll find your shares (and dividend payment).  You can then either continue using that account or make a new one and transfer the shares/BTC to it.
usagi
VIP

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 05:39:47 PM

Yes, please look in your email / spam folder for an email from btct.co (the addy you used with the glbse) with login info for a throwaway account that was created for you.
This account should hold your shares and any received dividends. Please PM me if you are having difficulty and I will sort you out Smiley

Well, you pretty much knew who we were on your asset list, since we were one of your largest shareholders with a well-known number of shares. You're probably going to continue to deny we were on your list and there's no way for me to prove we were. In fact you now must, for if you go back on what you gave burnside it will be an instant case of fraud and there would be no way for you to avoid a scammer tag over it.

That's very unfortunate for BMF shareholders. You will be the sole case out of 20, the only one who is denying our claim. Actually not sure about Diablo either, he hasn't responded to me on the status of our claim yet. We'll see what happens when he lists on bitfunder. But you... sheesh Ian, I supported you, and what you did to me in turn was extremely dirty. In fact I think you pushed a little too hard, almost to the point where it becomes a wonder why you turned against me so hard. It was you, remember, who broke the contract and threatened to lie about me if I did not follow your demands... I guess this is my punishment?
Deprived

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 06:49:45 PM

Yes, please look in your email / spam folder for an email from btct.co (the addy you used with the glbse) with login info for a throwaway account that was created for you.
This account should hold your shares and any received dividends. Please PM me if you are having difficulty and I will sort you out Smiley

Well, you pretty much knew who we were on your asset list, since we were one of your largest shareholders with a well-known number of shares. You're probably going to continue to deny we were on your list and there's no way for me to prove we were. In fact you now must, for if you go back on what you gave burnside it will be an instant case of fraud and there would be no way for you to avoid a scammer tag over it.

Have you tried emailing nefario?  That would be the obvious place to start.  It's a shame nefario is too incompetent to send lists of what they held to investors - as it would clear up a lot of issues for a lot of people (right now, plenty of people still don't have a clue what shares they hold in what) as well as providing some initial evidence if an asset issuer tries to scam.

Also - were your shares on sale (and, if so,  have you checked the last GLBSE transacations to see if there were total Bakewell sales late in GLBSE's life large enough to have been yours)?

Barring a cockup by nefario or the shares having been sold one of the two of you is pretty clearly scamming.  No way for me to know which (as there's no public records of what assets BMF had shortly before GLBSE went down and afaik you made no statement about them afterwards) but I'd definitely like to know which - as obviously if Ian then I need to value his shares down from where they presently are (about half IPO price as he's said he intends to steal 30% of assets if the company closes and vote with shares he doesn't own) and make sure anyone he deals with (here, on Second Life etc) knows that not only does he SAY he'll steal, but actually HAS stolen.

As it stands, there's no way for anyone other than you two to make a convincing accusation against the other one on this issue - whichever of you is wronged is probably going to need nefario's cooperation (and then one or more exchange operators' cooperation) to make a convincing case.

Diablo's list of shareholders for DMC should be imported in next few days - so you'll find out then if he's allocating you shares.
usagi
VIP

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 08:33:44 PM

That's very unfortunate for BMF shareholders. You will be the sole case out of 20, the only one who is denying our claim. Actually not sure about Diablo either, he hasn't responded to me on the status of our claim yet. We'll see what happens when he lists on bitfunder. But you... sheesh Ian, I supported you, and what you did to me in turn was extremely dirty. In fact I think you pushed a little too hard, almost to the point where it becomes a wonder why you turned against me so hard. It was you, remember, who broke the contract and threatened to lie about me if I did not follow your demands... I guess this is my punishment?

You have made a scam accusation and I have responded here. Please continue this discussion in that thread.

You mean like how you stuck to the scam accusation forums all those times you took potshots against me in the securities forum? Not only did you defraud CPA and it's investors by backing out of a contract with a no cancellation clause, and threatening to lie about me in PM if I didn't give you the money (in opposition to the contract, which said give it to your shareholders) I really believe you are now trying to rip off BMF shareholders as well. You knew we were the only person on the list with ~430 shares. It was a well known fact, since we published the number and you mentioned it yourself -- we were the only shareholder who voted against the motion to cancel the CPA contract. So you knew.

When you gave burnside the lists, did you forward the message from Nefario or did you just attach a .yml file? Burnside said I was not on the list. The question now is if you fraudulently edited the list or if you gave burnside a proper list. Sure, I will post this on the scam accusation forum but.. how you say... "7: you are a dirtbag piece of shit and I happily tell others my opinion of you Smiley" -Ian Bakewell

Nice going, ripping off your shareholders on the CPA contract, ripping off shareholder votes in the recent motions, ripping off CPA lying about your financial position, ripping me off by trying to blackmail me in PM, and now ripping off BMF.
Evolvex

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 10:00:00 PM

Dividend has been paid.

On BTC.CO.

There'll be an email detailing an account created for you on BTC.CO - if you log into it you'll find your shares (and dividend payment).  You can then either continue using that account or make a new one and transfer the shares/BTC to it.

Thanks, I cant find anything, shall PM you Ian.
Evolvex

View Profile
January 01, 2013, 10:11:10 PM

Dividend has been paid.

On BTC.CO.

Thanks, I cant find anything, shall PM you Ian.

So people know - this is resolved now, dividends and shares are now allocated on btc-tc. Cheers Ian.
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2013, 09:34:50 PM

Umm...I'm a little slow, does this mean that Ian Bakewell just got 500 MORE votes? ...or 700 more votes?

One could make the case that you're intentionally tanking this security to buy cheaper shares.

Deprived

View Profile
January 02, 2013, 10:06:43 PM

Umm...I'm a little slow, does this mean that Ian Bakewell just got 500 MORE votes? ...or 700 more votes?

One could make the case that you're intentionally tanking this security to buy cheaper shares.

What he did was that with some of the money that had been raised by selling shares he bought some back - then the difference between .15 and what he paid for them he added to G&M.

It PROBABLY increases the value of the remaining shares - no way to tell without a valuation of the hardware's current value (as G&M/private shares werent taken for the 200 bought back there's been no undue dilution).  It represents a change in his policy of when he allocates G&M/personal shares - but that was never in the contract anyway and I don't see it as unreasonable.

It didn't buy them himself - so it's only helped him if he intends the company to keep running (if he were trying to collapse it then last thing he'd do is buy any back which raises price and reduces cash on hand).

Obviously claiming the G&M shares belong to him rather than the company is still as delusional as ever: but I'm fairly optimstic he'll see sense on that as the buying back would make no sense otherwise.
bitcoinbear

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 03, 2013, 06:15:16 AM

BAKEWELL took advantage of the current market and bought back 200 on the market shares today.

200 * .15 = 30 , however we were able to purchase them back for 22.23
The remaining BTC7.77 was sent to our growth and maintenance fund

BAKEWELL then balanced in Ian and Growth & Maintenance against the 500 sold shares in the tranche.
300 additional shares are considered active for Growth & Maintenance (now totalling 1800) and 200 were sent to Ian's personal portfolio.

This tranche will be labelled the "transitional tranche" and is now closed.
BAKEWELL now has 6000 Shares outstanding.

Share sales are suspended until a new system for raising capital and balancing in is determined and put in place.

I might be confused here, but if the number of outstanding shares goes down (because the company bought them back), then shouldn't the number of founders' shares also go down, not up ?!?!?

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
Deprived

View Profile
January 03, 2013, 06:28:08 AM

BAKEWELL took advantage of the current market and bought back 200 on the market shares today.

200 * .15 = 30 , however we were able to purchase them back for 22.23
The remaining BTC7.77 was sent to our growth and maintenance fund

BAKEWELL then balanced in Ian and Growth & Maintenance against the 500 sold shares in the tranche.
300 additional shares are considered active for Growth & Maintenance (now totalling 1800) and 200 were sent to Ian's personal portfolio.

This tranche will be labelled the "transitional tranche" and is now closed.
BAKEWELL now has 6000 Shares outstanding.

Share sales are suspended until a new system for raising capital and balancing in is determined and put in place.

I might be confused here, but if the number of outstanding shares goes down (because the company bought them back), then shouldn't the number of founders' shares also go down, not up ?!?!?

No. On that he's correct.  He'd only previously allocated shares for the first 2500 sold (1000 founder, 1500 growth).  Until now he'd only be doing it after 2500 were sold.  What he did here was buy back 200 then allocate based on the remaining 500 (previously 700) sold.  The contract never obliged him to allocate shares so far in arrears - so there's nothing wrong with that.  And it does make sense given that there'll likely be no new sales for a fair while.
burnside
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2013, 01:03:32 AM
Last edit: January 04, 2013, 01:20:48 AM by burnside

Trading of BAKEWELL on btct.co has been halted.

BAKEWELL is in the process of moving to BitFunder.com. Please prepare to claim your shares on that platform.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

We are thankful for btct.co extending help to us during the glbse fiasco, they have a great team and make a wonderful platform.

Best of luck on the new exchange.  I'm a little bummed to see you go, but mostly just wish you'd given some warning so anyone that didn't want to move over could sell their shares first.   Undecided

Cheers.
usagi
VIP

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 01:13:58 AM

Trading of BAKEWELL on btct.co has been halted.

BAKEWELL is in the process of moving to BitFunder.com. Please prepare to claim your shares on that platform.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

We are thankful for btct.co extending help to us during the glbse fiasco, they have a great team and make a wonderful platform.

Please reconsider what is going on here. This is a new situation -- an experiment. No policy which has been tested is in place on what to do in this situation.

1. I propose that there be a 90 day (THREE MONTH) period where any asset which drops below five votes can still trade and operate before halting.
2. Remedy for scams: if it drops below zero then it should be halted/frozen.
burnside
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2013, 01:27:08 AM

Please reconsider what is going on here. This is a new situation -- an experiment. No policy which has been tested is in place on what to do in this situation.

1. I propose that there be a 90 day (THREE MONTH) period where any asset which drops below five votes can still trade and operate before halting.
2. Remedy for scams: if it drops below zero then it should be halted/frozen.

As Ian mentioned.  The asset was locked by Ian, not by the exchange.  Negative ratings do not (directly) result in de-listing.

Cheers.
Charles Bass

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

Owner of Empire Hotels

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 08:37:05 AM

Holy shit, you doing everything alone without any announcement!
Thats horrible, and the Fucking WeeX didnt work, so i cant pay in or out..

One of the worst companies on the market with communication Sad
Deprived

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 08:49:09 AM

To clarify: BAKEWELL was not kicked off btct.co (although at this time we do have a negative peer approval)

Moving to BitFunder was a decision made by myself and I have been working with Ukyo on it for sometime Smiley

I like btct.co and will use it as a trader. I think they are a great platform, and the relationships they hold in the altcoin community could prove invaluable for some assets.
Looking into the future with BAKEWELL however, and considering the exchange integration BitFunder has with weex (and taking a gamble on where I see them positioning themselves in the market long term), it seems like a better fit for us.

Glad to hear there's solid reasons for the move - otherwise people may have suspected it was just to avoid having negative remarks showing up on the asset.

Could you expand a bit on how integration with weex is a benefit?  I trade on both Bitfunder and BTC.CO - and always viewed weex as just being an annoying extra step I had to go through whenever I want to deposit/withdraw funds.
JordanL
Donator

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 09:10:23 AM

Simple transfer of my shares over to bitfunder, and so far I've done two BTC transfers through wex to buy more shares. So far so good.

I like both bitfunder and btc-tc. Both great platforms with huge potential, I hope they succeed and grow.
Charles Bass

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

Owner of Empire Hotels

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 09:46:53 AM

Simple transfer of my shares over to bitfunder, and so far I've done two BTC transfers through wex to buy more shares. So far so good.

I like both bitfunder and btc-tc. Both great platforms with huge potential, I hope they succeed and grow.

Always if i try to Login on weex i get the Error: Could not connect to 2nd stage server...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: