Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:43:30 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 [280] 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming)  (Read 790359 times)
andrew24p

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 04:46:44 AM

Are service nodes released yet, or only on the testnet and we have to wait for the block explorer to be released?
When the original developer (Mr. Spread) left (suddenly dissappeared), they were in the middle of being tested.
This was many years ago, and you can find the thread on spreadcointalk if you want, it's pretty easy to find. Smiley

Do you know if there are plans to ever continue the work on them ?

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                                                                                                                         █
█                                                                                                                         █
█          ██     ██       ▄█▄        ██        ██     ▄██████▄    ██████████    ████████    ██████▄                      █
█          ██     ██       ███        ██        ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██      ██ ██       ███      ███     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██     ▄██ ██▄      ████    ████     ██              ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          █████████     ██   ██      ██ ██  ██ ██      ▀█████▄        ██        ███████     ██   ▄█▀                     █
█          ██     ██     ██   ██      ██  █▄▄█  ██            ██       ██        ██          █████                        █
█          ██     ██    ▄███████▄     ██  ████  ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██   ██                      █
█          ██     ██    ██     ██     ██   ██   ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██    ██     ██     ██   ██   ██     ▀██████▀        ██        ████████    ██     ██                    █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
M   A   R   K   E   T   P   L  A   C   E  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

The first token offering total buyback
─────❯❯❯ICO Starts : 28th of November 2017❮❮❮─────

❖TWITTER
❖TELEGRAM
❖WHITEPAPER
❖FACEBOOK
❖ANN THREAD
SLACK
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2017, 08:37:06 AM

Are service nodes released yet, or only on the testnet and we have to wait for the block explorer to be released?
When the original developer (Mr. Spread) left (suddenly dissappeared), they were in the middle of being tested.
This was many years ago, and you can find the thread on spreadcointalk if you want, it's pretty easy to find. Smiley

Do you know if there are plans to ever continue the work on them ?
I'm not sure, but Georgem can probably answer that. Smiley
micdvd85

Activity: 312

BAM

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 07:37:03 AM

Now not to sound mean here or anything but as a potential investor (as in supporting the dev directly) and a long time holder and miner of SPR I have come across something weird when I was researching everything that I could so that I could make a sound investment. I find it extremely strange that Georgem has sent over 110,000 SPR to Bittrex over the last month or so. It is no secret that ShutUpHxbuLdy22g9NE4afviUr2Cnqd68H is one of Georgem's addresses as it's at the bottom of every post he makes. I find it very strange that once the price of SPR started to increase on March 2nd, all of the sudden on March 3rd large amounts started to leave that address for Bittrex. From my couple seconds of following the coins I came to a total around 90,000 SPR going to Bittrex in the month of March. Now the part about this that confuses me the most is, if a Dev knows that he is about to release something amazing, which would make the price go up even more, then why would he sell all of his coins before he releases anything? If I know that I was about to release some amazing things in less than a month, I would be holding all of my coins until the price increased from whatever I am about to release. He sent over 30,000 SPR on March 27th alone which at the price of that day is roughly $3,500. I'm normally not one to judge or anything but again, if I was going to release something big and drive the price up further, I wouldn't be selling everything before that. Just my thoughts....
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 01:01:09 PM

Now not to sound mean here or anything but as a potential investor (as in supporting the dev directly) and a long time holder and miner of SPR I have come across something weird when I was researching everything that I could so that I could make a sound investment. I find it extremely strange that Georgem has sent over 110,000 SPR to Bittrex over the last month or so. It is no secret that ShutUpHxbuLdy22g9NE4afviUr2Cnqd68H is one of Georgem's addresses as it's at the bottom of every post he makes. I find it very strange that once the price of SPR started to increase on March 2nd, all of the sudden on March 3rd large amounts started to leave that address for Bittrex. From my couple seconds of following the coins I came to a total around 90,000 SPR going to Bittrex in the month of March. Now the part about this that confuses me the most is, if a Dev knows that he is about to release something amazing, which would make the price go up even more, then why would he sell all of his coins before he releases anything? If I know that I was about to release some amazing things in less than a month, I would be holding all of my coins until the price increased from whatever I am about to release. He sent over 30,000 SPR on March 27th alone which at the price of that day is roughly $3,500. I'm normally not one to judge or anything but again, if I was going to release something big and drive the price up further, I wouldn't be selling everything before that. Just my thoughts....

The recent price activity has been due to a scramble to buy SPR in order to take advantage of the planned swap for HLM in a few months.

Even then, if I were holding 100k SPR, I'd be foolish to cash out now given the potential for HLM to succeed.
restless
Legendary

Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 01:16:16 PM

Brain fart...
IMO pool mining in fact adds to decentralization rather than centralization. The real problem comes with ASICS or any device where the supply can be limited by the the producer like with what we are seeing with bitcoin. Miners have the power they do because they have in person connections with asic manufacturers. The lack of pools will eventually create the outcome where a few people are running huge GPU mining operations because they know they eventually are going to find a block as opposed to someone who is just going to go to a coin that can be mined in a pool and have their work paid more reliably.
Can you offer anything else except profanity?
micdvd85

BAM

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 02:24:32 PM

The recent price activity has been due to a scramble to buy SPR in order to take advantage of the planned swap for HLM in a few months.

Even then, if I were holding 100k SPR, I'd be foolish to cash out now given the potential for HLM to succeed.

That is why I am confused that he has sold soo much in the past month. I wouldn't be selling anything at all until after the HLM blockchain snapshot. Just very very odd to me...
jjjordan

Activity: 271
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 03:54:05 PM

Brain fart...
IMO pool mining in fact adds to decentralization rather than centralization. The real problem comes with ASICS or any device where the supply can be limited by the the producer like with what we are seeing with bitcoin. Miners have the power they do because they have in person connections with asic manufacturers. The lack of pools will eventually create the outcome where a few people are running huge GPU mining operations because they know they eventually are going to find a block as opposed to someone who is just going to go to a coin that can be mined in a pool and have their work paid more reliably.
Can you offer anything else except profanity?

restless, it is so obvious that I don't need to.
But If you want me to spell it out - here it is:
For a POW network the miners are what matters - no miners equals no network.
This is valid for both local (GPU farm or single wallet) and pool mining.
Pool mining is for insecure and/or greedy and/or impatient miners.
By insecure I mean not sure about the success of their mining endeavour.
Quick search for decentralization definition returns meriam-webster result: the dispersion or distribution of functions and powers.
Which is the opposite of pools.
Pros of pools:
Steady payments, less depending on mining luck for the same time frame.
Cons:
Trusting the pool operators they are not skimming more than advertised.
Centralization - if the pool goes down (network issue, government intervention, pool operator reasons etc  ) the network would be "hurt" more compared to a single miner.
51% attack - Other people that are more knowledgeable could chip in if and how much this is a threat.

All that being said - I also mine to a pool but will be glad to solo mine SPR when mining is viable for me.

But the bottom line is yes - it is a brain fart (which is arguably far from profanity)  that pools are contributing to decentralization.
I hope this satisfy you, restless.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 04:02:53 PM

That is why I am confused that he has sold soo much in the past month. I wouldn't be selling anything at all until after the HLM blockchain snapshot. Just very very odd to me...

he said that he need money to espanding future support for spread/helium, adding nodes etc... don't panic for this
MrZillion

Activity: 174
Merit: 10

Mundus Ex Plurimum

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2017, 03:13:07 AM

I wouldn't be selling anything at all until after the HLM blockchain snapshot. Just very very odd to me...
Instead of speculating please follow SPR developments here:
http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762.msg4296#msg4292

==============================================================================================================
Creators of the ZillionGRID 3.0 **** Mundus Ex Plurimum: World of Plenty **** www.ZillionCoin.com ****  TELEGRAM **** TWITTER **** Crex24 Exchange
==============================================================================================================
micdvd85

BAM

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 06:57:06 AM

Whats with the newbies trying to impersonate devs account name? Hilarious  Cheesy

Still developing this coin? Btw how is it still unique with pools present?

This is an EXTREMELY old question/argument that is answered in this thread many, many times.  Ocminer has a way through a private miner to allow you to mine on his pool however it is a trust/trust relationship.  Mine at your own risk.  With that said, I like Suprnova pools very much and have never had any problems mining his/her pools.

Cool, I guess it should be added to OP then.
I like suprnova pools as well, but this kind of shows there is a way around the main principle.
On the other hand no hash reported at the pool anyway.

Yeah I've stopped the pool as there were no miners interested in mining for quite some time. I can reopen it of course if needed

So I have tried to contact ocminer through PM and directly through his suprnova.cc website and for whatever reason I'm not important enough to get a response from him.

I am asking if anyone knows where to get the suprnova spreadminer so that people can mine on the suprnova pool for spreadcoin. I used to have the special miner needed to mine on the pool but that was a while back and I no longer have the suprnova spreadminer on my computer. A link to the special miner used be be posted on the getting started page but it is no longer there.
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2017, 07:23:03 AM

Whats with the newbies trying to impersonate devs account name? Hilarious  Cheesy

This is an EXTREMELY old question/argument that is answered in this thread many, many times.  Ocminer has a way through a private miner to allow you to mine on his pool however it is a trust/trust relationship.  Mine at your own risk.  With that said, I like Suprnova pools very much and have never had any problems mining his/her pools.

I like suprnova pools as well, but this kind of shows there is a way around the main principle.

Yeah I've stopped the pool as there were no miners interested in mining for quite some time. I can reopen it of course if needed

So I have tried to contact ocminer through PM and directly through his suprnova.cc website and for whatever reason I'm not important enough to get a response from him.

I am asking if anyone knows where to get the suprnova spreadminer so that people can mine on the suprnova pool for spreadcoin. I used to have the special miner needed to mine on the pool but that was a while back and I no longer have the suprnova spreadminer on my computer. A link to the special miner used be be posted on the getting started page but it is no longer there.

I saw your PM but couldn't reply yet, sorry, the old github account with the spread stuff got deleted and I don't have
the sources of the miner anymore, I need to look through my backups and find it, I wasn't expecting anyone wanting
to mine this coin again after all these years. However nethash is very low, you can just solo-mine and you'll be fine.

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
micdvd85

BAM

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 07:26:54 AM

I saw your PM but couldn't reply yet, sorry, the old github account with the spread stuff got deleted and I don't have
the sources of the miner anymore, I need to look through my backups and find it, I wasn't expecting anyone wanting
to mine this coin again after all these years. However nethash is very low, you can just solo-mine and you'll be fine.

Oh, ok. If you are able to find those backups that would be awesome. I did find a link to the sources in this very ANN because I went through every page trying to find a link to the actual miner, I'll will go back through and link all the sources that you linked back in the day.
ocminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2017, 07:28:16 AM

Oh, ok. If you are able to find those backups that would be awesome. I did find a link to the sources in this very ANN because I went through every page trying to find a link to the actual miner, I'll will go back through and link all the sources that you linked back in the day.

Those are very likely the old, unoptimized versions then.. In the meanwhile the miners (sp-mod) are much, much (30-40% faster)

micdvd85

BAM

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 07:29:24 AM

Those are very likely the old, unoptimized versions then.. In the meanwhile the miners (sp-mod) are much, much (30-40% faster)

yeah, these are all from 2 years ago...

The sourcecode is available for everyone here:
https://github.com/ocminer/ccminer-spreadcoin-pool-public
ocminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2017, 07:38:14 AM

Yeah, thats the ultra-old version. It works but it's super-slow, I'll try to find the newer versions when I have some time, in the meanwhile I'd recommend going solo - nethash is still very low, you'll find blocks solo too.

micdvd85

BAM

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 07:43:54 AM

Yeah, thats the ultra-old version. It works but it's super-slow, I'll try to find the newer versions when I have some time, in the meanwhile I'd recommend going solo - nethash is still very low, you'll find blocks solo too.

Yeah I went solo earlier today, but with the recent price increase the nethash is up to 2GH and my 2 GTX 980s only put out 11MH (5.5MH each)... I found 2 blocks in 10 hours, wayyy less than I used to find back in the day when SPR was only $.02.... Now that it is at $.16 everyone and their mom is mining it...

But no worries if you can't find it, I don't want you to waist too much of your time.
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 07:26:02 AM

I wouldn't be selling anything at all until after the HLM blockchain snapshot. Just very very odd to me...
Instead of speculating please follow SPR developments here:
http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762.msg4296#msg4292

Interesting.  So Georgem has purchased $1500 worth of raspberry Pis to test his network on. That's a lot more expensive than using VPS.  Its also a shame because a close test on his LAN means that nobody can observe testing progress.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 12:29:04 AM

Like I said, not rushing into anything.

So I've thought about this for a while now and I think its worth giving it a go.

I have spent quite a lot of the past two years actively trying to pursue some ideas around Service Nodes and I think some of those ideas are probably not that aligned with where Spreadcoin is heading.

Two years is a long time.

Which is why I don't want to start again from scratch or do an ICO.  The stuff I've been doing around here for a while is still valid, it's just not where the Spreadcoin Core is going - hence a fork of sorts.

There is an existing white paper branded for the benefit of SPR which is still in draft. I'll probably tidy that up a little and make use of it elsewhere.

There is a new white paper which hasn't been made public yet. I need to change some things on that and then it will get released.

There is a third white paper due, but it is likely to be put on the back burner until a patent is written and submitted.

These things are about the direction I'm really keen to follow. That direction is more focused around service nodes that pay a coupon; give people a way to earn a living from providing services through the second layer; and ultimately about potential ways to generate dividends. I come from that type of mindset that dividends can be productive to society if done ethically, such as providing incomes for pensions.

So the concept of an economic fork is where I think things will go.

People will get to claim whatever stake they have in Spreadcoin in a new coin called HLM (full name to be released in due course after setting up github and a website).

Everyone will be given plenty of notice about being able to claim their new coins and we won't be short changing anyone. So if you claim your HLM's you'll have Spreadcoin's and HLM coins in equal measure.

It won't be some five minute process either. People that pop in once a year will still find they can redeem their HLM's.

HLM is going to be a DASH fork. So it's easier to use an escrow to redeem coins than try to create some fancy automated process. Only you and the escrow will know your coin holdings - so please take into account an escrow fee. We will need to cover off people that fancy chancing their luck and claiming and claiming and claiming using the same set of coins.

I look forward to keeping my Spreadcoins and seeing them grow in value over the years to come. The Spreadcoin project is in great hands. I've always supported Georgem and given the amount of time he has spent gaining knowledge about the Bitcoin codebase this project will continue to do well over the long-term.  

But I think my priorities are in areas of development that probably don't fit very well with where I thought SPR might have been going.

So, it's not good bye but simply see ya around.

GO SPREADCOIN!

Hopefully this helps to explain the current proposals on the economic fork.

Details and alternative options still being reviewed.

bump for some of the new faces I've noticed investing in Spreadcoin because they want to also get into Helium
KarmaShark

Activity: 615
Merit: 554

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 07:36:04 PM
Last edit: April 13, 2017, 03:32:57 AM by KarmaShark

To dovetail this alert to Spreadcoin holders who are interested in Helium, please see the below update so that this thread remains exclusive to discussion on Spreadcoin matters in the future:

--------------------------------------

Helium will have its first AMA - Ask Me Anything - in the Helium Slack channel this Saturday, April 15th at 12 p.m. (noon) Eastern Standard Time (EST) / 5 p.m. GMT.  Join us and discover one of the best kept secrets in the world of blockchain and cryptocurrency:

Helium Slack channel:  https://heliumslack.herokuapp.com/

Helium BitcoinTalk thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1809278.0
Reaus

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 04:07:30 PM

we are proud to announce..

We are trading this coin in our portfolio.

To the moon SPR !!!
Pages: « 1 ... 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 [280] 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 »
  Print  

Jump to: