Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:22:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 [238] 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 ... 328 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming)  (Read 790356 times)
AnotherNode

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

Nodes That Serve

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 10:46:00 AM

* DSDN is a way to enable ServiceNodes (you knew that was coming) to run bankchains, without caring what bankchains are doing (also why we encrypt bankchains). This is what Georgem's new Spreadwallet enables. He doesn't care what blockchain you run, just as long as there are enough people running a particular blockchain.

Intriguing. I don't think anyone has really done node to node encryption between several different parties. This could be something significant if you can avoid man in the middle attacks during the procedure to create secure channels. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 06:43:24 PM

* DSDN is a way to enable ServiceNodes (you knew that was coming) to run bankchains, without caring what bankchains are doing (also why we encrypt bankchains). This is what Georgem's new Spreadwallet enables. He doesn't care what blockchain you run, just as long as there are enough people running a particular blockchain.

Intriguing. I don't think anyone has really done node to node encryption between several different parties. This could be something significant if you can avoid man in the middle attacks during the procedure to create secure channels.  

Bastards at Visa trying to muscle in on my idea already:

Visa Introduces International B2B Payment Solution Built on Chain’s Blockchain Technology

Predictable and transparent: Banks and their corporate clients receive near real-time notification and finality of payment
Secure: Signed and cryptographically linked transactions are designed to ensure an immutable system of record
Trusted: All parties in the network are known participants on a permissioned private blockchain architecture that is operated by Visa

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20161021005212/en/Visa-Introduces-International-B2B-Payment-Solution-Built
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 01:32:06 AM

Looks like people were shutting down the US internet because of fears over WikiLeaks founder being arrested or closing links to his website?

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/789574436219449345

How many miners were affected?
sugarfly

Activity: 135

Zettel-Dolphin

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 05:50:21 PM

Looks like people were shutting down the US internet because of fears over WikiLeaks founder being arrested or closing links to his website?

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/789574436219449345

How many miners were affected?

That tweet sounded very weird.
Like out of character for wikileaks.

It was obviously not written by Assange himself.
Is he still in control of his twitter account?

"Taking down the internet"?
What does that even mean?

-sf-
sugarfly

Zettel-Dolphin

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 06:00:19 PM

- multihost capabilities that allow you to run multiple nodes in your local network, remote controlling them with your spreadwallet.
- easy setup and control through SSH of all the raspberry pis in your local network.

I am gonna post this here so that I remember to ask again in the future when Georgem is less busy developing than he is now. But will these features eventually be extendable to remote servers? That would be awesome.

I asked myself the same thing.

Raspberry Pi's are supposed to be run at home.
In your local network.
Local networks are usually well secured against outside influences.
They are sitting behind a router.

If you let the Spreadwallet manage remote servers you would have way more security concerns.
But people are already managing their servers/nodes from afar,
so… sure, why not?

Wink

-sf-
crysx

Activity: 364
Merit: 260

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2016, 02:27:16 AM

- multihost capabilities that allow you to run multiple nodes in your local network, remote controlling them with your spreadwallet.
- easy setup and control through SSH of all the raspberry pis in your local network.

I am gonna post this here so that I remember to ask again in the future when Georgem is less busy developing than he is now. But will these features eventually be extendable to remote servers? That would be awesome.

In your local network.

If you let the Spreadwallet manage remote servers you would have way more security concerns.
so… sure, why not?

Wink

-sf-

agreed ...

as long as there is a fully functional api - a port / link - and full accessibility to the api ... then there should be no reason why remote accessibility could not be available ...

there will always be security concerns - as with any form of remote accessibility ... but that is par for the course ...

that will be a georgem 'thing' to build if it is to be implemented ...

#crysx

ChainWorks Industries . grn - Ga2TFVPW3y2vd9vMdqLWfid9hf8RPSQV19 . exchange - https://bleutrade.com/exchange/GRN/BTC/ . email - crysx@gnxs.com .
AnotherNode

Nodes That Serve

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 10:18:47 AM

Looking forwards to those videos. We're bleeding a bit and we need our gang of core supporters to have something to be able to create a buzz about the project. There are lots of people in the media waiting to see this project succeed because it can make a big difference to all projects.
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 3499

born once atheist

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 02:18:17 PM

looks like that bleeding stopped..thanx buyer, you will be rewarded......

GO SPREADCOIN!

(my humble apologies for that being the extent of the buzz i can generate besides supporting network
with 2 crazy-mega-huge 1.4mh miners and the occassional buy
when my meager budget allows... which is next to never)

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 10:07:01 PM

DSDN Whitepaper going reasonably well.

I might PM a few people to get their views before release.

rhinomonkey

Activity: 646
Merit: 501

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 04:13:50 AM

In your local network.

so… sure, why not?

Wink

-sf-

agreed ...

as long as there is a fully functional api - a port / link - and full accessibility to the api ... then there should be no reason why remote accessibility could not be available ...

there will always be security concerns - as with any form of remote accessibility ... but that is par for the course ...

that will be a georgem 'thing' to build if it is to be implemented ...

#crysx

That's good to hear. It will make running the Service Nodes far easier if we can control them through the Spreadwallet - especially when there are updates. What security issues exist with operating remotely?

I'm assuming we would eventually be able to have our collateral stored in Trezor wallets which would greatly reduce any possibility of coin theft if that is a large risk with remote operation.

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 11:12:51 AM
Last edit: October 24, 2016, 12:32:28 PM by coins101

... reasonably well.

Georgem

If a Bitcoin node broadcasts a message to the Bitcoin Blockchain, is it reasonable to expect that the average confirmation time for all transactions within a given fee range is how long that individual broadcast message should take, give or take say +12hrs?

Why I ask - say we want to give a node a score, against one of several different scoring cards.  ServiceNodes will do the scoring on this particular activity. We ask ServiceNodes to each sign a message and the combination of those messages produces a hash.

One of the ServiecNodes, elected to sign part of the hashed message, is chosen to randomly pick 1 of [Coin supply / 2880] ServiceNode to confirm it is holding a real Bitcoin node by broadcasting the part of the message it generated into the hash:

Hey, I was part of this gang of ServiceNodes, but I was chosen to drop out and pick another (err, you) at random to make the group quorate again. When I joined the gang, we each generated a random message and grouped them, then signed them. The grouped messages went into a hash. Here is my part of the message. When you send this message to the Bitcoin network and use my public key, the other members of the gang will pick it up and be able to generate the same hashed message, but this time my part of the message will not come from me, it will come from you. You've only got so long to get this done. Have a nice day."

This 1 of [Coin supply / 2880] ServiceNode is then required to send that message to the Bitcoin network.

The ServiceNodes doing the scoring will have to wait for that message to appear in the Bitcoin network, as only they combined, less the one chosen to relay part of the message to the 1 of [Coin supply / 2880] ServiceNode, can validate the initial hash. If the message does not appear, the remaining group of ServiceNodes cannot close their required validation check, the ServiceNode chosen to validate if it holds a Bitcoin node fails and is scored down (three strikes and your out?).

The question is what is a reasonable time to wait?

We don't want to score down ServiceNodes because of problems outside of their control.

One way is to average up the wait time for transactions, which is dependent on the fees, but also general congestion, ddos attacks, etc. If the average wait time is 3 hours, then leaving the scoring open for +24hrs seems too much. Perhaps average wait time plus 12hrs or average wait time plus x% (say 100%) for margin of error?

It could be that we partly solve our Sybil problem by giving nodes an incentive to select higher than average fees to broadcast their messages, so they don't get a scoring penalty and also helping them to push up their rankings.

Need to have something reasonable figured out for the whitepaper.

Cheers,

And, Stay Tuned

And, GO SPREADCOIN

restless
Legendary

Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 11:31:19 AM

Can someone say what ports should be opened in order for wallet to work behind a firewall?
crysx

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2016, 01:30:41 PM

Can someone say what ports should be opened in order for wallet to work behind a firewall?

in the op mate Smiley ...

Code:
Hash algorithm: SpreadX11
Total supply: 20 million
Block time: 1 minute
Block halving: smoothly halved every 4 years
Initial block reward: 6.66 SPR
Port: 41678
RPC-Port: 41677

forward / allow rpcport above ...

#crysx

ChainWorks Industries . grn - Ga2TFVPW3y2vd9vMdqLWfid9hf8RPSQV19 . exchange - https://bleutrade.com/exchange/GRN/BTC/ . email - crysx@gnxs.com .
sugarfly

Zettel-Dolphin

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 03:54:51 PM

Code:

#crysx

Don't let the rpcport through the firewall,
only the normal port (41678)

rpcport should only be accessed through localhost or local network.

-sf-
crysx

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2016, 11:14:21 PM

Code:

#crysx

Don't let the rpcport through the firewall,
only the normal port (41678)

rpcport should only be accessed through localhost or local network.

-sf-

why not? ...

if you have a solid rpcpassword=xxx - there is no need to be worried ... the daemon produces one for you if you havent got a conconf ( or credentials in the con ) - and they are very solid passwords ...

even brute force would take way too long to crack ...

besides - without the rpcport - you cant access the api - as far i know ...

i havent tested though ...

#crysx

AnotherNode

Nodes That Serve

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 11:14:42 PM

Hey, I was part of this gang of ServiceNodes, but I was chosen to drop out and pick another (err, you) at random to make the group quorate again. When I joined the gang, we each generated a random message and grouped them, then signed them. The grouped messages went into a hash. Here is my part of the message. When you send this message to the Bitcoin network and use my public key, the other members of the gang will pick it up and be able to generate the same hashed message, but this time my part of the message will not come from me, it will come from you. You've only got so long to get this done. Have a nice day."

This looks pretty close to solving the Byzantine Generals problem.

A message is contained within a cryptex (the hash in your example), where 5 soldiers know part of the puzzle. If all 5 soldiers do their part then the lock gets opened and the general knows he can trust the messengers. If one of them fails. You put a black mark against each one. Repeat the process. Pretty soon you would weed out those you can't trust.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 03:06:28 PM
Last edit: October 25, 2016, 03:37:32 PM by coins101

This looks pretty close to solving the Byzantine Generals problem.

A message is contained within a cryptex (the hash in your example), where 5 soldiers know part of the puzzle. If all 5 soldiers do their part then the lock gets opened and the general knows he can trust the messengers. If one of them fails. You put a black mark against kill each one. Repeat the process. Pretty soon you would weed out those you can't trust.

Potentially, you would knock them off the payments list and put a temporary ban on the IP.

One of the issues to be resolved is the numbers game. You could put up a fake node and let it get paid knowing that at some point you will be found out and you will get bumped off the payments list.

The risk reward issue is important here. If the Proof of Bitcoin node validation checking takes 30 days, you'd run the risk of being bumped off as your odds are 1 in 30 days. You'd get bumped, but then you could set-up another fake within a few hours.

If all nodes could be verified within 24hrs, you wouldn't bother. So somewhere closer to checking every 24hrs is necessary. Is that 48hrs, 5 days, 7 days? Not sure.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 10:47:17 PM

Nice tool for checking code for bugs
https://scan.coverity.com/
rhinomonkey

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 02:31:12 PM
Last edit: October 27, 2016, 03:24:08 PM by rhinomonkey

https://m.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/59kflj/its_becoming_clear_to_me_that_a_lot_of_people/?st=iusd5zia&sh=fd0a60f0&utm_source=mweb_redirect&compact=true

There are no economic incentives to run bitcoin nodes, you make those nodes too big and too easy to control, bitcoin becomes worthless. Bitcoin dies. If we want bitcoin to really be anti-fragile it needs to be built to be anti-fragile

rhinomonkey

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 06:51:29 PM

Can we expect this when SPR hits Poloniex and we have Service Nodes?  Grin

Pages: « 1 ... 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 [238] 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 ... 328 »
  Print  

Jump to: