Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:37:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 [295] 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming)  (Read 790356 times)
MrJaekin

Activity: 275
Merit: 258

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 04:15:29 PM

So with 48MHS... what is it.. a few days to find a block?  Smiley

Is there a command to see if everything is mining correctly on my 2 rigs? When I run the "getmininginfo" in the debug window, I get the following.

{
"blocks" : 1596502,
"currentblocksize" : 1000,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 433.95049274,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : false,
"genproclimit" : -1,
"hashespersec" : 0,
"networkhashps" : 31401851155,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"testnet" : false
}

I have 2 GPU rigs connected to the wallet.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 3499

born once atheist

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 12:01:36 AM

So with 48MHS... what is it.. a few days to find a block?  Smiley

Is there a command to see if everything is mining correctly on my 2 rigs? When I run the "getmininginfo" in the debug window, I get the following.

{
"blocks" : 1596502,
"currentblocksize" : 1000,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 433.95049274,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : false,
"genproclimit" : -1,
"hashespersec" : 0,
"networkhashps" : 31401851155,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"testnet" : false
}

I have 2 GPU rigs connected to the wallet.

at 30 GH/S net hash , your 48 MHS should hit, on average, 2.3 blocks a day.
So weird to think I was mining this puppy all of 2016 when net hash was around
500mh and my 2.8 mhash (a couple of 750ti's) were hitting around 5-8 blocks a day (5+ coins per block)
my record high was 13 blocks in one day I believe.
Too bad I didn't hodel.... phuuuuuuuuck!!!

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
moonstruck

Activity: 125
Merit: 35

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 11:45:12 PM

I can only mine to my wallet with 3 machines, when i start another it'll only start if I shut another one down.

I'm using windows 8.1 on all machines. Is it some limitation by the wallet?
Bigbobbasher

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

Crypto connoisseur.

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 11:34:38 PM

i hope to see this coin continue to do good stuff...i love the wallet, anonymity, fast. I hope this doesnt just get dumped to 30 cents after helium drop....
Luk0r

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 11:58:49 AM

i read the last pages but couldn't find this information: if i sell my spr after the snapshot (but before helium is distributed), will i still receive helium? i am currently keeping spr on bittrex.
Bigbobbasher

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

Crypto connoisseur.

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 01:27:52 PM

i read the last pages but couldn't find this information: if i sell my spr after the snapshot (but before helium is distributed), will i still receive helium? i am currently keeping spr on bittrex.
Snapshot is all you have to wait for, Im sure. thats what it means...thats only time they check your spread balance!
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 01:54:36 PM

i hope to see this coin continue to do good stuff...i love the wallet, anonymity, fast. I hope this doesnt just get dumped to 30 cents after helium drop....

Spreadcoin doesnt have anonymous features.
jjjordan

Activity: 271
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 02:20:09 PM

Hey georgem,

I am not a coder, but what happens when network hashrate drops from 36GH/s to 500MH/s?
Will it take days/weeks etc for the difficulty to go back to normal? Assuming that was the normal network hashrate before helium was announced?

Just curious...
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2017, 03:46:09 PM

While your SPR are on Bittrex, as far as the blockchain is concerned, they belong to Bittrex. “Depositing” coins on Bittrex === sending them to a Bittrex-controlled address.

It's one of the basics: no ticket, no ride, i.e. no privkey, no coins.

Bittrex have the privkey of your Bittrex address, so they will get the amount of Helium issued against that privkey and its UTXO balance and they will pass them on to you. That's the general idea - so that people who have significant amounts of SPR parked on Bittrex won't miss out on the Helium distro. But it doesn't change the fact that while your coins are on Bittrex, they are owned^Wcontrolled by Bittrex and if Bittrex ultimately decline to be involved in the distro, they have no obligation to do anything with the privkeys they hold to SPR addresses.

If you want the Helium to arrive under your control, withdraw your SPR from Bittrex to your own wallet and when the tx is adequately confirmed for your peace of mind, simply shut down your SPR wallet. Y'see it's not so much that transactions are recorded on the blockchain, they are implemented on the blockchain. As long as you have your privkey safely written down somewhere, you don't even need a computer to store your coins. They'll be waiting for you on the blockchain, whenever you're ready.

It's worth doing, as a safety drill. I'm not sure if there's a Spreadcoin testnet or not but if there is, use that for preference. Or run the drill on the testnet of another altcoin, it's a standard safety drill.

1. Start your client and use the console to dumpprivkey <address> for each of your addresses with a non-zero balance (or consolidate them into one address, according to your infosec preferences). Copy the privkeys somewhere safe, (actually, while you're at it, write down each privkey).
2. Shut down the client.
3. Navigate to wherever you have configured the datadir data directory to be --- or to the platform-specific default, e.g. as detailed in GetDefaultDataDir: https://github.com/spreadcoin/spreadcoin/blob/master/src/util.cpp#L1031
4. MOVE wallet.dat file somewhere else on your computer, just for convenience. (If you're feeling super-confident, you could just delete it but why not try that next time through?).
4a. See other OPTIONS (below) at this point, assuming that you have written down your privkey(s)
5. Start the client.
6. Note the 0 balance. Don't despair.
7. Using the console, enter importprivkey <privkey>, feeding it your privkeys as you go.
8. Check the overview tab, as you import each privkey, the address appears in the wallet and all the tx show up in the tx history.
9. Shut down the client, navigate to datadir and DELETE wallet.dat. MOVE the original wallet.dat file back into datadir. (This step is basically theatre, if you've successfully imported all your privkeys, you could just use the new wallet and discard the old one)
10. Start the client, check the tx history and balance, all should be exactly as before.

OPTIONS: Book a hermit's holiday - 6 months on top of a convenient mountain-top. Before you depart, put your computer in a blender, client, wallet and all (but NOT the paper on which you have written the privkeys), switch it on. Dispose of the trash responsibly. Enjoy your holiday. On your return, buy a replacement computer, d/l a copy of the client, start it up, import your privkeys and you should be back where you started, looking at your original balance and tx history.

(Next in this series, how to do the Jason Bourne thing and have a privkey laser projector embedded in your flesh.)

CLAMs were distributed by snapshot (of three blockchains, BTC, LTC and DOGE). If you had an address or addresses with non-dust amounts on any of the three chains, you got 4-and-a-bit CLAMs for each addy. I had a couple of DOGE addresses and Ngaio had one, so we got 12-and-a-bit CLAMs in total. Collecting them was interesting. You moved your DOGE wallet aside, started the client to create a new empty DOGE wallet, made a note of the new address, shut down the client, move the new wallet to one side, bringing back the old wallet. Start the client again, send all your DOGE to the new address, wait for confirmation. After confirmation, move the old wallet (with old addrs now with 0 balance) somewhere handy and move the new wallet back into place as the DOGE wallet (one new addy, with all yr DOGE). You were now done with that stage.

Next stage, start CLAMs client, click Import->Wallet, select old (empty) DOGE wallet and as if by magic (but actually by privkey), there's a 4-and-a-bit CLAMs balance for every (qualifying, i.e. non-dust) was-DOGE-now-CLAMs address. Delete old empty DOGE wallet.

CLAMs is doing okay at just short of $8 a pop. It's a PoS coin and the 12-and-a-bit CLAMs we started with has grown to 100+. All because I knew: no ticket, no ride.

HTH

Cheers

Graham
vankinhluan

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 03:53:06 PM

Something wrong Grin Grin Grin

Blockchain for Apps | Blockchain for Business | Blockchain for Future
victordave

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 03:07:12 AM

While your SPR are on Bittrex, as far as the blockchain is concerned, they belong to Bittrex. “Depositing” coins on Bittrex === sending them to a Bittrex-controlled address.

It's one of the basics: no ticket, no ride, i.e. no privkey, no coins.

Bittrex have the privkey of your Bittrex address, so they will get the amount of Helium issued against that privkey and its UTXO balance and they will pass them on to you. That's the general idea - so that people who have significant amounts of SPR parked on Bittrex won't miss out on the Helium distro. But it doesn't change the fact that while your coins are on Bittrex, they are owned^Wcontrolled by Bittrex and if Bittrex ultimately decline to be involved in the distro, they have no obligation to do anything with the privkeys they hold to SPR addresses.

If you want the Helium to arrive under your control, withdraw your SPR from Bittrex to your own wallet and when the tx is adequately confirmed for your peace of mind, simply shut down your SPR wallet. Y'see it's not so much that transactions are recorded on the blockchain, they are implemented on the blockchain. As long as you have your privkey safely written down somewhere, you don't even need a computer to store your coins. They'll be waiting for you on the blockchain, whenever you're ready.

It's worth doing, as a safety drill. I'm not sure if there's a Spreadcoin testnet or not but if there is, use that for preference. Or run the drill on the testnet of another altcoin, it's a standard safety drill.

1. Start your client and use the console to dumpprivkey <address> for each of your addresses with a non-zero balance (or consolidate them into one address, according to your infosec preferences). Copy the privkeys somewhere safe, (actually, while you're at it, write down each privkey).
2. Shut down the client.
3. Navigate to wherever you have configured the datadir data directory to be --- or to the platform-specific default, e.g. as detailed in GetDefaultDataDir: https://github.com/spreadcoin/spreadcoin/blob/master/src/util.cpp#L1031
4. MOVE wallet.dat file somewhere else on your computer, just for convenience. (If you're feeling super-confident, you could just delete it but why not try that next time through?).
4a. See other OPTIONS (below) at this point, assuming that you have written down your privkey(s)
5. Start the client.
6. Note the 0 balance. Don't despair.
7. Using the console, enter importprivkey <privkey>, feeding it your privkeys as you go.
8. Check the overview tab, as you import each privkey, the address appears in the wallet and all the tx show up in the tx history.
9. Shut down the client, navigate to datadir and DELETE wallet.dat. MOVE the original wallet.dat file back into datadir. (This step is basically theatre, if you've successfully imported all your privkeys, you could just use the new wallet and discard the old one)
10. Start the client, check the tx history and balance, all should be exactly as before.

OPTIONS: Book a hermit's holiday - 6 months on top of a convenient mountain-top. Before you depart, put your computer in a blender, client, wallet and all (but NOT the paper on which you have written the privkeys), switch it on. Dispose of the trash responsibly. Enjoy your holiday. On your return, buy a replacement computer, d/l a copy of the client, start it up, import your privkeys and you should be back where you started, looking at your original balance and tx history.

(Next in this series, how to do the Jason Bourne thing and have a privkey laser projector embedded in your flesh.)

CLAMs were distributed by snapshot (of three blockchains, BTC, LTC and DOGE). If you had an address or addresses with non-dust amounts on any of the three chains, you got 4-and-a-bit CLAMs for each addy. I had a couple of DOGE addresses and Ngaio had one, so we got 12-and-a-bit CLAMs in total. Collecting them was interesting. You moved your DOGE wallet aside, started the client to create a new empty DOGE wallet, made a note of the new address, shut down the client, move the new wallet to one side, bringing back the old wallet. Start the client again, send all your DOGE to the new address, wait for confirmation. After confirmation, move the old wallet (with old addrs now with 0 balance) somewhere handy and move the new wallet back into place as the DOGE wallet (one new addy, with all yr DOGE). You were now done with that stage.

Next stage, start CLAMs client, click Import->Wallet, select old (empty) DOGE wallet and as if by magic (but actually by privkey), there's a 4-and-a-bit CLAMs balance for every (qualifying, i.e. non-dust) was-DOGE-now-CLAMs address. Delete old empty DOGE wallet.

CLAMs is doing okay at just short of $8 a pop. It's a PoS coin and the 12-and-a-bit CLAMs we started with has grown to 100+. All because I knew: no ticket, no ride.

HTH

Cheers

Graham

Thanks so much. One answer very good
andrew24p

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 12:51:54 PM

Snapshot date, information on exchanges and how to claim your helium with the amount of spreadcoin you have is coming this sunday at some point. For those of you waiting check out the helium thread and slack, not the spreadcoin thread. I have seen quite a few people asking, just a reminder this place is not the place to look for updates.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                                                                                                                         █
█                                                                                                                         █
█          ██     ██       ▄█▄        ██        ██     ▄██████▄    ██████████    ████████    ██████▄                      █
█          ██     ██       ███        ██        ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██      ██ ██       ███      ███     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██     ▄██ ██▄      ████    ████     ██              ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          █████████     ██   ██      ██ ██  ██ ██      ▀█████▄        ██        ███████     ██   ▄█▀                     █
█          ██     ██     ██   ██      ██  █▄▄█  ██            ██       ██        ██          █████                        █
█          ██     ██    ▄███████▄     ██  ████  ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██   ██                      █
█          ██     ██    ██     ██     ██   ██   ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██    ██     ██     ██   ██   ██     ▀██████▀        ██        ████████    ██     ██                    █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
M   A   R   K   E   T   P   L  A   C   E  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

The first token offering total buyback
─────❯❯❯ICO Starts : 28th of November 2017❮❮❮─────

❖TWITTER
❖TELEGRAM
❖WHITEPAPER
❖FACEBOOK
❖ANN THREAD
SLACK
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 3499

born once atheist

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 12:37:49 PM

Price spike incoming!
Best buy now before fire sale ends.
Just call me Nostradamus  Grin

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
georgem (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2017, 05:09:43 PM

Hey georgem,

I am not a coder, but what happens when network hashrate drops from 36GH/s to 500MH/s?
Will it take days/weeks etc for the difficulty to go back to normal? Assuming that was the normal network hashrate before helium was announced?

Just curious...

It depends how quickly this happens.
If the hashrate drop happens from one second to the other, than indeed we will see a blocktime length increase that is similar in percentage as the drop factor expressed in Hash/s.
If the drop happens smoothly during 24-48 hours or so, then the difficulty will adjust pretty much on-the-fly.

Assuming an immediate drop as you describe, which is a drop to ca 2% of hashrate, this would mean that blocks will initially take 50 times longer, so we would see 1 hour blocks for a while.
The good thing is that spreadcoin adjusts difficulty with every new block, so difficulty readjustment starts immediately, but it will take a few hundred blocks for the average difficulty to normalize back to 1 min blocks.

So we might see a week or so of slower blocks that take a long time to mine, but that's the worst case.

I expect the drop in hashrate to happen in stages. Fast stages, but stages nonetheless.

Smiley

georgem (OP)
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2017, 06:19:59 PM

I have seen quite a few people asking, just a reminder this place is not the place to look for updates.

Indeed.

HLM and SPR are separate projects.
For further information people interested in HLM should visit their thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1809278.0

georgem (OP)
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2017, 06:25:29 PM

cool to see spreadcoin still alive and well.  Grin

Wow, haven't seen you in a while, how's it going?
Yes, as long as I am alive, spreadcoin will be alive, you can count on that.

Smiley

zijieli

Activity: 91

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 01:04:14 AM

cool to see spreadcoin still alive and well.  Grin

Wow, haven't seen you in a while, how's it going?
Yes, as long as I am alive, spreadcoin will be alive, you can count on that.

Smiley

How can i connect to more nodes, I now have only 8 connections. But my friend's wallet has 13 connections?
georgem (OP)
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2017, 01:49:49 PM

How can i connect to more nodes, I now have only 8 connections. But my friend's wallet has 13 connections?

Nice friends you got there that leave you in the dark like that.

Forward port 41678 on your router to the local IP where your spreadcoin wallet is running. This will give you more connections over time.

If you've never done that before, your router has a menu (accessible through the browser) where you can log in and adjust all kinds of things.
Look for "Port forwarding", or "Open ports" or something like that.
It depends on what model you have.

zijieli

Activity: 91

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 02:44:21 PM

Nice friends you got there that leave you in the dark like that.

Forward port 41678 on your router to the local IP where your spreadcoin wallet is running. This will give you more connections over time.

If you've never done that before, your router has a menu (accessible through the browser) where you can log in and adjust all kinds of things.
Look for "Port forwarding", or "Open ports" or something like that.
It depends on what model you have.
I have two routers. Do both need to be set up?
Psipherious

Activity: 40

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 05:22:18 AM

Is there any method/commands to be able to send payments from Spreadcoin wallet purely using command line?

I run a daemon of the wallet/node and wish to send payments using a script.

Anyone able assist with this?
Pages: « 1 ... 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 [295] 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 »
  Print  

Jump to: