Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:45:30 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Nxt holding tightly.  (Read 1708 times)
Sonny91BE (OP)

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 07:41:06 AM

Alright. I spot coins everyday like many other people on this forum. One of the things I notice is that Nxt is among the few coins that holds on tight in the list. Many came and even more have gone but yuet again Nxt keeps in there slowly growing. The transaction on the network keep increasing, however the general market cap is not inreasing ( many know, this is not the right indicator to base on ). I personally invested some of my crypto portfolio in Nxt as I believe it will do very well. Considering all the tech developments they are putting out and the fact that the coin hasn't marketed properly YET. If they do, I think the potential will become clear and the confusion will disapear and Nxt can have a good crypto future ahead. It's a new world which is vastly growing as we all know, even for Bitcoin it's hard to get in, so a lot can happen ! But I got a good bet set on Nxt.

Anyone else here that has noticed the same trend as I did ? If you go to nxtblocks.info it shows clearly on there in the 'chart's section.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1426

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 07:45:02 AM

Hi.  This is off topic but bear with me.  How much total funding did NXT get from the IPO?  I'm trying to compile a list here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1045967.0

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Tash

Activity: 1190
Merit: 305

Pro financial, medical liberty

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 08:06:24 AM

Hi.  This is off topic but bear with me.  How much total funding did NXT get from the IPO?  I'm trying to compile a list here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1045967.0
21btc $5040 in todays money

jertsy

Activity: 341
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 10:55:19 AM

Hi.  This is off topic but bear with me.  How much total funding did NXT get from the IPO?  I'm trying to compile a list here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1045967.0

The IPO announcement thread is here.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303898.0

This is the IPO Bitcoin address from it.

https://blockchain.info/address/1BCN1ugdKdWd9pQ8Am9hMhtHZfmbXzxE8a

It says Total Received   22.01422203 BTC, but a few people sent money to it after the IPO was over. In fact the last deposit was last September.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 12:04:02 PM

Anyone else here that has noticed the same trend as I did ? If you go to nxtblocks.info it shows clearly on there in the 'chart's section.

Yes, a lot people here noticed the same trend. IMO the reasons behind this relative steady growth are the following few things:
- developers are actually developing new stuff
- technologically nxt is one of the most advanced coins
- the nxt community is strong and enthusiastic
- the nxt whales have enough funds and determination to break any P&D attempts
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 6550

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 02:06:58 PM

I think a important factor is that Nxt is actually being used, above all as a platform for assets.

On the other hand, the "weakness" of Nxt is its relative small acceptance by merchants in electronic commerce. But this should improve once the client is more "stable" (regarding that there should be less mandatory upgrades per year).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 02:31:24 PM

I think a important factor is that Nxt is actually being used, above all as a platform for assets.

On the other hand, the "weakness" of Nxt is its relative small acceptance by merchants in electronic commerce. But this should improve once the client is more "stable" (regarding that there should be less mandatory upgrades per year).

Services like shapeshift.io API allow businesses to take any crypto, if they accept BTC. Though I don't think merchant commerce will be the first growth spurt for crypto.

The updates will continue I'm afraid. Nxt is pumping out new tech at a rate that most people can't keep up. These are the planned features:

I haven't counted but I don't think we are even a third of the way through the planned features yet. See: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=831202.0 for development updates
d5000
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 05:31:26 PM

Yes, I know that there are many planned features still. That's a virtue and also a problem for the Nxt ecosystem.

Perhaps there is a possibility to realize some of these technologies in the form of plugins? Or even to divide the code into a "NXT Core" with only basic functionality (those needed for the protocol to work and to create a basic wallet) and realize all advanced functions as plugins or in form of an "advanced" client?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 05:35:27 PM

Yes, I know that there are many planned features still. That's a virtue and also a problem for the Nxt ecosystem.

Perhaps there is a possibility to realize some of these technologies in the form of plugins? Or even to divide the code into a "NXT Core" with only basic functionality (those needed for the protocol to work and to create a basic wallet) and realize all advanced functions as plugins or in form of an "advanced" client?

In a way that's kind of what SuperNET is doing.

Also, there is the Jay framework: http://jnxt.org/jay/
d5000
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 07:12:14 PM

Thanks, I didn't know Jay. If it is safe/stable enough for merchants, it can be a good solution for them.

SuperNET is a bit off my radar and it surprises me that you mention it, as I thought it was a pretty heavy solution. Must take a read about it.

Anyway, I would really like to see a minimalistic Nxt command line client with only the core features Wink

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 10:33:25 PM

Anyway, I would really like to see a minimalistic Nxt command line client with only the core features Wink

I vaguely recall this being discussed. I think there wil be a 'simple' and 'advanced' view in v1.5.0. I'll try and find something more concrete. Not quite command line but you could make ur own wallet with Jay if you wanted  Grin
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 01:03:24 AM

Hi.  This is off topic but bear with me.  How much total funding did NXT get from the IPO?  I'm trying to compile a list here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1045967.0

The IPO announcement thread is here.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303898.0

Ya man, the Nxt ANN thread should be required reading for any crypto speculator.

It has all the ingredients for spotting a long shot winner:

(a)  an original design with useful features

(b)  an elite Dev who thinks outside the box

(c)  totally off the radar and ignored by Twitter Pimps

(d)  well known Hero Members that drop by and are impressed

(e)  the usual pipsqueaks shouting "scam"

In the case of NXT it paid off about 2000:1 within 6 months...
And I'm sure there are quality long shot projects out there today.
box0214

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 01:18:28 AM

thoughts on how ethereum might be able to take it out with its marketing budget?
TruthBear

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 03:46:12 AM

NXT has one of the biggest alternate trading markets outside of BTC. The NXT AE is growing exponentially and the volume continues to increase. No other altcoin has such a high volume market like NXT.

there is also mynxt.info which is a block explorer and online wallet (with plugins).
box0214

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 03:51:06 AM

NXT has one of the biggest alternate trading markets outside of BTC. The NXT AE is growing exponentially and the volume continues to increase. No other altcoin has such a high volume market like NXT.

there is also mynxt.info which is a block explorer and online wallet (with plugins).

how can one verify such a claim of the NXT AE growing "exponentially"? is there a chart somewhere?
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 10:11:24 AM

Thanks, I didn't know Jay. If it is safe/stable enough for merchants, it can be a good solution for them.

SuperNET is a bit off my radar and it surprises me that you mention it, as I thought it was a pretty heavy solution. Must take a read about it.

I meant more like SuperNET is the advanced client with all the plugins, not as a lightweight client. Although Jay is part of SuperNET, and there are two different presentations of the SuperNET: a standard easy to use mode, and an advanced mode with access to everything. I wouldn't call the SuperNET client itself lightweight though as it is built on top of NXT NRS.
barbierir

Activity: 515
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 10:31:08 AM

how can one verify such a claim of the NXT AE growing "exponentially"? is there a chart somewhere?

http://nxtreporting.com/stats.php

I would not call it exponential but the growth is steady

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AN ECOSYSTEM FOR NATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Decentralized Crowdfunding | Decentralized Exchange | Bitcoin Security | Zero-Knowledge Proofs | Blockchain Interoperability | Scalable Infrastructure
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 10:47:12 PM

Plug-ins are coming.....:
https://nxtforum.org/nxt-plugins/

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
Saltzman Alaric

Activity: 29

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 06:57:14 AM

Alright. I spot coins everyday like many other people on this forum. One of the things I notice is that Nxt is among the few coins that holds on tight in the list. Many came and even more have gone but yuet again Nxt keeps in there slowly growing. The transaction on the network keep increasing, however the general market cap is not inreasing ( many know, this is not the right indicator to base on ). I personally invested some of my crypto portfolio in Nxt as I believe it will do very well. Considering all the tech developments they are putting out and the fact that the coin hasn't marketed properly YET. If they do, I think the potential will become clear and the confusion will disapear and Nxt can have a good crypto future ahead. It's a new world which is vastly growing as we all know, even for Bitcoin it's hard to get in, so a lot can happen ! But I got a good bet set on Nxt.

NXT is a good coin but from 90 million USD marketcap to 9 million USD isn't holding on tightly, that is just plain sinking, and it continues to go down.

That isn't exactly NXT's fault.  All of altcoins have taken a hit.

But if BTC every booms again, NXT will probably go back up, so maybe a good time to buy.

Go here and look at NXT price is USD.  You can see at its peak it was around 0.10 USD and now is 0.01 USD.  http://nxtreporting.com/stats.php?l=detail (click on "NXT price is USD")
Saltzman Alaric

Activity: 29

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 07:02:10 AM

I would stay away from Supernet.  It has like 25 parts and 20 of them are vaporware, and of the 5 that do work, none particularly work well. 

But there is solid development going on within the NXT core. 
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: