Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:42:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ATTN: BitcoinMAX lenders who wish to give information to pirate  (Read 4168 times)
ErebusBat (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 04:05:18 PM

I'd like to make a suggestion.  Have paybtc gpg sign the completed list.  Then pirate knows that info is verified.  Everything else is under paybtc's purview.
If he would do this I would love it.  Even if he would just take the user names, confirm them with withdrawal addreses and then export out of his system that would be great.

I would prefer that payb.tc do it, but he is busy and indicated he will not.

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 04:56:34 PM

It will be interesting to see what % of Bitcoin Max's 373 users & what % of the total BTC held via him add their info here - if that approx can be made public, if it looks like being more than 50% of either or if pirate requests then I would hope that paybtc would agree to follow the wishes of his clients and to verify the list against his records, I can't see any harm in providing this info to pirate & personally would rather he was given it direct from paybtc but if not then I hope he will at least confirm the info for those that would like it passed on.

Btw - typo on the form: 'balance'

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
ErebusBat (OP)

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 05:16:03 PM

It will be interesting to see what % of Bitcoin Max's 373 users & what % of the total BTC held via him add their info here - if that approx can be made public, if it looks like being more than 50% of either or if pirate requests then I would hope that paybtc would agree to follow the wishes of his clients and to verify the list against his records, I can't see any harm in providing this info to pirate & personally would rather he was given it direct from paybtc but if not then I hope he will at least confirm the info for those that would like it passed on.

I can say that right now very few people have filled out the form, but it is still new.

I would also wish that payb.tc would just add a check to our account and we could go in and opt-in to this.  However given that he is on vacation until sunday and pirates deadline is tomorrow, I am attempting to do something.

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
ErebusBat (OP)

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 05:18:46 PM

IMPORTANT NOTICE

After talking with people here I changed the OP so that I can share the details with pirate OR payb.tc.  If you have already entered your details and do NOT agree to this change then post here or PM me and I will remove them.  (Although I doubt anyone will have a problem, just doing my due diligence.)

BinaryMage

Ad astra.

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 05:29:53 PM

Thanks ErebusBat. Who knows if anything will come of this, but I suppose it's worth a try.

-- BinaryMage -- | OTC | PGP
ErebusBat (OP)

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 05:34:45 PM

Thanks ErebusBat. Who knows if anything will come of this, but I suppose it's worth a try.
Exactly.... I don't know either.  But at least it is something.

DutchBrat

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 06:24:50 PM

Submitted +1
ErebusBat (OP)

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 07:15:06 PM

Submitted +1
Received thanks!

bitsire

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 08:38:02 PM

Submitted. Thanks for doing this ErebusBat - I know most likely nothing will come of it but as you said, it is better to at least try.
ErebusBat (OP)

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 08:46:03 PM

Submitted. Thanks for doing this ErebusBat - I know most likely nothing will come of it but as you said, it is better to at least try.
No problem... thanks for the support. 

repentance

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 09:17:45 PM

Loosely quoted (as PIRATE has since deleted all traces of it....)
...if you borrow or invest other user's money into my program, I DO NOT WANT TO KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT, OR YOU WILL LOSE YOUR ACCOUNT...I ONLY DEAL WITH DIRECT ACCOUNT HOLDERS !

Withholding such information at this point CLEARLY suits the rules and regulations Trendon initially set our accounts up with and the forum administration could very well reach back into page revisions and pull THAT statement out of this were to ever become a legal issue, or his so-called 'grounds' for REFUSING TO RE-PAY LENDERS.

In light of that information, his request for information about the lenders now makes sense.  He has no plausible deniability with respect to the pass-throughs because their existence was posted about all over the board and he acknowledged their existence in IRC.  He can't maintain any fiction that he didn't know the people operating the pass-throughs were investing other people's money - he knows very well that the funds aren't owed to the pass-through operators but to their clients and there's plenty of evidence to establish that.

Pass-through operators should obviously consult their own lawyers about this, but I would expect that pirate's lawyers will continue advising him to pay no-one but the actual lenders.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Minor

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 02:40:14 AM

My entry for the quote of the year contest: (my bolding)

That being said I think most people are honest and it will not be a problem.

ErebusBat (OP)

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 02:57:03 AM

My entry for the quote of the year contest: (my bolding)

That being said I think most people are honest and it will not be a problem.

I stand behind that quote.  I think most people are, given normal circumstances (not in a prison for example).

Phraust

Activity: 206

Mostly Harmless...

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2012, 10:16:12 PM

So how did the list turn out?
ErebusBat (OP)

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
September 01, 2012, 11:04:11 PM

Helpful

DutchBrat

View Profile
September 01, 2012, 11:36:44 PM

Helpful

Now you sound like pirate: you write something, but it isn't at all clear lol

Care to elaborate Huh
mrSprinkles

Activity: 265

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 01:45:10 AM

Helpful

Is there any point adding my details now that it is past Friday, or no?
ErebusBat (OP)

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 01:56:29 AM

Helpful

Is there any point adding my details now that it is past Friday, or no?
I can't say for sure, but I don't think it would hurt.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: