Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:04:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Goat [IGoat][HerdNodes][DPoS]  (Read 26483 times)
watsdadeal

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 07:56:13 PM

I'm using VPS , unable to open port for running masternode. Any alternative?

Which VPS provider you are using. If it is amazon, you will have to create security profile to allow incoming connection to 27879. Digital ocean and vultr are allowing all incoming connections by default.

I'm using Google cloud platform.

I am sorry, I have never used them. Do they have firewall configuration somewhere?. Is it a windows VPS?. If yes, check the windows firewall configuration. After starting the client, you can use ping.eu to check whether the port is open.

Its windows VPS. I did find firewall and advanced firewall settings.. but do not know how to go from there.

Right click on the network icon on the task bar>Open network and sharing center>Click Windows Firewall>Turn windows firewall on or off>select "Turn off Windows Firewall" for Public network

Sorry it did not work out. thanks. I will google and find some solution.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
shkbits

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 08:03:08 PM

Which VPS provider you are using. If it is amazon, you will have to create security profile to allow incoming connection to 27879. Digital ocean and vultr are allowing all incoming connections by default.

I am sorry, I have never used them. Do they have firewall configuration somewhere?. Is it a windows VPS?. If yes, check the windows firewall configuration. After starting the client, you can use ping.eu to check whether the port is open.

Its windows VPS. I did find firewall and advanced firewall settings.. but do not know how to go from there.

Right click on the network icon on the task bar>Open network and sharing center>Click Windows Firewall>Turn windows firewall on or off>select "Turn off Windows Firewall" for Public network

Ok, got it. First enable the firewall as before to be more secure.

Right click on the network icon on the task bar>Open network and sharing center>Click Windows Firewall>Allow an app or feature through windows firewall>click allow another app>browse for the goatd-qt and add it and then click OK

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
     ▄█▀ ▄▄█████████████▄▄ ▀█▄

█▀ ▄███████▀   ▀███████▄ ▀█
   █ ▄████████▀     ▀████████▄ █
  █ ▄████████▀       ▀████████▄ █

█ ▄████████▀    █    ▀████████▄ █
▄▀▄█████        ▄█▄        █████▄▀▄
█ ██████▀▀▀     ███     ▀▀▀██████ █

█ ██████▄▄     ▄███▄     ▄▄██████ █
█ ███████▀     ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀███████ █
▀▄▀█████▀                 ▀█████▀▄▀

█ ▀███▀      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▀███▀ █
  █ ▀██      █████████      ██▀ █
   █ ▀██▄  ▄███████████▄  ▄██▀ █

█▄ ▀███████████████████▀ ▄█
     ▀█▄ ▀▀█████████████▀▀ ▄█▀

▀▀█▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
AppCoins

[.
WHITEPAPER
][.
CROWDSALE
]
watsdadeal

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 08:07:16 PM

Right click on the network icon on the task bar>Open network and sharing center>Click Windows Firewall>Allow an app or feature through windows firewall>click allow another app>browse for the goatd-qt and add it and then click OK

I tried that already, but did not work out. Smiley
shkbits

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 08:11:50 PM

Hmm, then google cloud service might be blocking incoming connections. There should be some option to change this settings on the VPS management interface.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄

▀▀█▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
AppCoins

[.
WHITEPAPER
][.
CROWDSALE
]
watsdadeal

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 09:17:01 PM

Hmm, then google cloud service might be blocking incoming connections. There should be some option to change this settings on the VPS management interface.

Dev was online most of the time when we were discussing. He didn't give a damn.
jadaking

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 09:46:01 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2015, 10:25:41 PM by jadaking

this coin 'll never be listed on ttrex,if it's the dev plan he can think to another one  
i'm wondering if dev is not a clown? Grin
wasref

Activity: 555
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 09:56:43 PM

shame this was a good coin moving on
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1826

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 12:14:13 AM

I have no idea why people want a roadmap so bad. From my brief experience with crypto, most "roadmaps" never come to fruition anyway. I came into altcoins just before XPY came out. XPY had a great roadmap, and we all know where that has gone.
Also, I don't see why it is required for a dev to be an absolute volunteer to some members of the community. Naturally, this dev wants the coin to be listed on bittrex before sinking an exorbitant amount of time and energy developing and executing a roadmap. The dev is trying to make a profit, and there is nothing wrong with that. Why spend more time than you need to if the coin goes nowhere? It appears the dev is also asking for community support. If someone cannot go to twitter and type a few lines, then GTFO now. You deserve to be rekt if you are that lazy.
stackoverflow

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 02:07:12 AM

I have no idea why people want a roadmap so bad. From my brief experience with crypto, most "roadmaps" never come to fruition anyway. I came into altcoins just before XPY came out. XPY had a great roadmap, and we all know where that has gone.
Also, I don't see why it is required for a dev to be an absolute volunteer to some members of the community. Naturally, this dev wants the coin to be listed on bittrex before sinking an exorbitant amount of time and energy developing and executing a roadmap. The dev is trying to make a profit, and there is nothing wrong with that. Why spend more time than you need to if the coin goes nowhere? It appears the dev is also asking for community support. If someone cannot go to twitter and type a few lines, then GTFO now. You deserve to be rekt if you are that lazy.

some wise words here, lately i see less community support for coins, and more roadmaps that stay on paper  Grin
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Kaspa

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 02:13:46 AM

show'n prove or flatline, fancy pics will only get a coin so far

#Expanse $EXP 500 transactions 4 .1 EXP 1st Clone of ETH 
WAVES
bones261
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 03:06:27 AM

Crap, I'm a total noob. I just realized I've been giving everyone my real name and picture on twitter. Which given the rarity of my last name, is not a good idea. Changed it. Cheesy
bones261
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 06:07:11 AM

163228.1892 coin dump. WTF Huh
watsdadeal

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 06:15:02 AM

Looks like a bag holder lost interest.

We all should tweet to Cryptsy too. The coin stakes fine.
bones261
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 06:26:02 AM

Looks like a bag holder lost interest.

We all should tweet to Cryptsy too. The coin stakes fine.

OK, I won't panic sell. My HerdNode is working good. I only have to compete with 15 others ATM.
shkbits

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 06:27:03 AM

Be greedy when there is fear Smiley.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄

▀▀█▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
AppCoins

[.
WHITEPAPER
][.
CROWDSALE
]
bones261
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 07:05:33 AM

Is it worth it to get a VPS? I'm not certain what to do with all of these extra goats I'm getting from my Herdnode. Is it possible to setup another wallet on the same computer? Is it possible to set up another Herdnode? It's such a waste, having all these goats not being put to good use. I realize I could just dump them, but that is hurting the market price... Huh
shkbits

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 07:29:32 AM

Is it worth it to get a VPS? I'm not certain what to do with all of these extra goats I'm getting from my Herdnode. Is it possible to setup another wallet on the same computer? Is it possible to set up another Herdnode? It's such a waste, having all these goats not being put to good use. I realize I could just dump them, but that is hurting the market price... Huh
You can buy a VPS on vultr for $5/month billed on hourly basis. Once you load you account with $5 (bitcoin is also accepted Smiley ) for the first time they will give you $5 as promotional offer. You can setup many VPS with $10. If you find it profitable, you can load your account with more money. If not you can just delete the instances and keep the remaining balance. Maximum risk is only $5.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄

▀▀█▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
AppCoins

[.
WHITEPAPER
][.
CROWDSALE
]
CraveIt

Activity: 269

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 09:30:42 AM

windows vps is to expensive just for herdnode, so I want to get cheap Linux vps but I cannot find a goat Linux wallet, can someone point me in the direction of one please Smiley
qinyasu

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 11:44:35 AM

every POS blocks  i think  5coin   Grin Grin Grin
Olegcho

Activity: 459

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 04:45:00 PM

Dev, Is the only plan for this coin to be listed in bittrex?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: