Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:33:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: pirate payments list -- accounts paid: 23/459  (Read 62158 times)
Nubarius

Activity: 310
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 10:38:14 AM

The ZeekRewards theory looks very plausible. Everything, like the dates and the percentages, seems to add up. If it turns out to be the right explanation, this is very good news for Bitcoin. I just couldn't stomach the fact that a criminal like Pirate would possibly be the richest man in Bitcoinland by running away with 500K BTC form the people he scammed. It serves him well if he's lost the money. The funny thing is, he was probably so stupid as to think his scheme could work.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DutchBrat

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 10:53:03 AM

The ZeekRewards theory looks very plausible. Everything, like the dates and the percentages, seems to add up. If it turns out to be the right explanation, this is very good news for Bitcoin. I just couldn't stomach the fact that a criminal like Pirate would possibly be the richest man in Bitcoinland by running away with 500K BTC form the people he scammed. It serves him well if he's lost the money. The funny thing is, he was probably so stupid as to think his scheme could work.

If this Zeek theory is true, then Pirate may have been smart enough to take his part of the daily returns out

With 500K BTC even converted at $5 on avg, his daily 0.5% take comes down to 0.5% X $ 2.5 mln = $ 12.500

According to the SEC $ 160 mln was paid out of ZEEK in July, so it's entirely possible he could take such amounts out of it

A risk free pass through because it is with other peoples money netting $ 12.500 a day

He is laughing all the way to the bank, don't feel sorry for him
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2012, 11:05:28 AM

If this Zeek theory is true, then Pirate may have been smart enough to take his part of the daily returns out

With 500K BTC even converted at $5 on avg, his daily 0.5% take comes down to 0.5% X $ 2.5 mln = $ 12.500

According to the SEC $ 160 mln was paid out of ZEEK in July, so it's entirely possible he could take such amounts out of it

A risk free pass through because it is with other peoples money netting $ 12.500 a day

I hope he was dumb enough to keep his money there compounding  Smiley

sadpandatech

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 11:42:26 AM

I wonder, if he was investing into Zeek. Would he have been doing so through a bank account?

Not made a bank records request on him yet....

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
DutchBrat

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 12:11:40 PM

I wonder, if he was investing into Zeek. Would he have been doing so through a bank account?

The (not so) funny thing is that if he invested in Zeek, there's nothing anyone can do to get the money back from him

He didn't steal your money....  he's willing to give it back but not able as it is in receivership and the gains he made off of running his pass through are probably his to keep

Even the guy running the Zeek Ponzi got away with paying a $ 4 mln fine and giving up his interest in the company

Pirate always said it was high risk....
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2012, 12:47:09 PM

The (not so) funny thing is that if he invested in Zeek, there's nothing anyone can do to get the money back from him

He didn't steal your money....  he's willing to give it back but not able as it is in receivership and the gains he made off of running his pass through are probably his to keep

Even the guy running the Zeek Ponzi got away with paying a $ 4 mln fine and giving up his interest in the company

Yes it would....

Problem is now the cat is out of the bag, if pirate makes this statement and the community accepts it there is no knowing if he did sack the coins or or not.
DutchBrat

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 01:05:58 PM

Yes it would....

Problem is now the cat is out of the bag, if pirate makes this statement and the community accepts it there is no knowing if he did sack the coins or or not.

Well a valid claim for around 500K BTC worth in fiat with the receiver of ZEEK would do wonders... if he can't give people that... he did sack them
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I heart thebaron

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 01:09:15 PM

This is a complete shit-show. All this speculation is now making a joke of the situation.
I am sure there are 1001 reasons and coincidences......NONE of which have anything to do with the other.

Keep this in mind:
Trendon had said his Clients wanted all dealings to become revealed once money was paid back and business was closed.
Anyone care to make any connections with that info ? speculate a bit more ?......GIVE IT A REST.

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2012, 01:14:53 PM

Still holding up hope eh?

This is a complete shit-show. All this speculation is now making a joke of the situation.

I'm glad you finally get it.  Grin
DutchBrat

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 01:17:46 PM

I am sure there are 1001 reasons and coincidences......NONE of which have anything to do with the other.

Keep this in mind:
Trendon had said his Clients wanted all dealings to become revealed once money was paid back and business was closed.
Anyone care to make any connections with that info ? speculate a bit more ?......GIVE IT A REST.

You truly believe there are any Clients Huh Like they would want whatever they were doing be made public.... If they exist at all
makomk

Activity: 686
Merit: 564

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 01:40:22 PM

Why would anyone run a secret pass through to a ponzi when they could just run a ponzi themselves?
Ponzis are apparently delicate things, especially in the early days - one big investor pulling out early on can spell doom for them. I'd be more inclined to believe he was just a pass-through if it wasn't for the fact that Maged and co. investigated his finances through the blockchain and seemed to reckon they were consistent with a highly profitable standalone ponzi scheme.

Quad XC6SLX150 Board: 860 MHash/s or so.
SIGS ABOUT BUTTERFLY LABS ARE PAID ADS
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 06:05:07 PM

Um because Pirate said 10.65% instead of 10.50% that means what exactly?

You already have the interest rate wrong
Maybe Pirate had the interest rate wrong, or maybe he padded it to make his margin look more impressive, or maybe he simply lied so much for so long he started getting the lies and reality mixed up.  

I don't really know what the quote of a lying two-bit criminal and scumbag is really "proof" of.
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 06:06:52 PM

why in the heck does pirateat40 not have a scammer tag yet?

pirateat40
 Avast Ye!
 VIP

Mods.. what crack are you smoking? Too lazy to mark him as a scammer for a measily rip like he did?

Yet jump on others for such trivial things. Pfft.

bigasic

Activity: 924

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 06:32:55 PM

Now it all makes sense.. With the info that is available, it makes sense that Pirate was running a pass thru to Zeek. The reason he announced that he was going to lower the interest rate was due to the bitcoin climbing. IF my theory is correct, the coin had to stay close to 5 for him to keep things in equilibrium. But, when it shot to over 10 is when the bitcoin income probably slowed down and he had to purchase them. Hence the lower interest rate announcement. Then Zeek gets shut down so the whole thing comes to an end..

Well, if the above is what happened, at least im fairly confident no one person has 500k coins at their disposal...

Now, let me grab that almost empty popcorn bag....
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 06:36:25 PM

Has anybody asked him about this in IRC?

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
burnside
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1006

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2012, 06:37:10 PM

And the winding down announcement... think he had someone at Zeek telling him he'd get paid out?

If he was tied to Zeek, he should have just came out and said it as soon as he realized it was game over.
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 08:01:06 PM

Here is hes Zeek account number: 26467-786536-29-87428377

Call Zeeks secret investors hotline, press 2, wait for the beep and key in: 26467-786536-29-87428377
I know it's long but Zeek people care more about security than bitcoin exchanges and web-wallets do.

Tongue

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
hannesnaude

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

Firstbits : 1Hannes

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 08:11:56 PM

This is an very interesting hypothesis. I've been wondering why pirate didn't attempt to hide his RL identity if he was intentionally running a massive ponzi. Surely he didn't expect that he would be able to just walk away with the cash and there would be no RL repercussions. But if he was operating a Zeek passthrough, then he may well not have realized that it (Zeek) was a ponzi, assuming he's bad at math. But if there's one thing we've learnt from this fiasco it's that a lot of seemingly intelligent  people are really bad at math.

It also explains why he tried to keep the BTC price down, which does not fit with the default straight-up ponzi theory.

The only gotcha I see is that under this theory it makes less sense for him to restrict or decline deposits, as he apparently did at times. Does anyone know whether Zeek restricted deposits early on?

I agree with Brunic that we need to look closely at Zeek's history for further confirmation or contradiction.

P.S. Perhaps a mod can split this conversation off into a new topic?
evolve

Activity: 700

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 08:32:28 PM

Surely he didn't expect that he would be able to just walk away with the cash and there would be no RL repercussions.

I think that's exactly what he expected. In the past there have been no repercussions for bitcoin theft, no reason to expect some now.
hannesnaude

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

Firstbits : 1Hannes

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 08:39:31 PM

Surely he didn't expect that he would be able to just walk away with the cash and there would be no RL repercussions.

I think that's exactly what he expected. In the past there have been no repercussions for bitcoin theft, no reason to expect some now.

Maybe. Personally I wouldn't gamble with the safety of my family like that for all the money in the world.

Deranged people are not in short supply in this community.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: