Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:47:45 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you think BFL's new ASIC is a lie?
Yes - 88 (23.8%)
NO - 119 (32.2%)
NO, but they are lying about performance, delivery dates etc. - 162 (43.9%)
Total Voters: 369

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW info. Everyone is lying about ther ASIC project  (Read 26574 times)
judas3000

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 08:23:37 AM

btw, jalapeno

Hardware break even: 11 days
Net profit first time frame: 287.44 USD

i will have a lot of fun watching this thing!

Ya.. I wish. LOL. Just remember the difficulty is GOING TO SKYROCKET. THat means if it's up by 10x then our little doodads (I ordered a Jalepeno for poo and giggles) will only make 28.74 USD in that timeframe for the same amount of hashing work done.
I'd only look at the network Hashrate and compare it to the number of btc that are produced (number of bitcoins created and difficulty are strongly correlated) . Other factors should not be relevant, it will be easier to get bitcoins, but only for those with the hardware, I think the transation will be smooth.

Let's take a look at the numbers
we have a speed of 21293.57 Gigahashes/s which produces 7950 btc a day
7950/(21293.57) = 0.3733521433935221
each Gigahash produces more than 0.37 btc a day

if we add the 300 mining SC from butterflylabs with 40 GHashes/s (somewhere I read that they had 300 in the first batch)
7950/(21293.57 + 40*300) = 0.23878484644332224
each GHash now produces less than 0.23 btc a day

which is a drop of 37% in revenue for classic miners when the first batch of 300 SCs are deployed.

timmah

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 09:28:49 AM

Well, I've placed about 5k worth of my BTC in their miners so I hope that they deliver!

CJGoodings

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 03:43:58 PM

There has been 0 proof from any of these so called ASIC developers. Each time the community shouts at one to show their hand, they bitch on how the other groups havent shown theirs. So we end up starting back at square one, with these groups charging an arm and leg for their units which don't technically exists yet except in concept.

And yet, people all over these forums are throwing tens of thousands of their hard earned dollars into a product nobody is willing to demonstrate.
Monkey1

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 08:05:36 PM

You are also ignoring the price of BTC.  The increasing difficulty and halving of the reward may make the value increase.  Alternatively it could make no difference at all!  At this stage it is pure speculation.  You pays your money and you takes your chance!

▄▄█████▄▄
         ▄▄███████████▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
   ▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▀██▀       ▀▀████████
███████  ▄████  ███████▄  ███████
███████ █████  ██████████ ███████
███████ ██████████  █████ ███████
███████  ▀███████  ███▀   ███████
████████▄▄        ██   ▄▄████████
 ▀█████████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▀▀

.THRIVING CRYPTOCURRENCY..
.MARKET WITH CRYPTOBONDS..

▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

INITIAL COIN OFFERING
SEPTEMBER 30

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
██████
         ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀███████▄
  █████ ███████ █▄▀███████
 ██████ ███████ ███▄▀██████
▐██████ ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
 ██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████
  █████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ████
   ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀

...READ THE....
.WHITEPAPER.

▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  █████
 ████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
 ████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
MEDIUM
REDDIT
GITHUB
SLACK
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 08:30:07 PM

There has been 0 proof from any of these so called ASIC developers. Each time the community shouts at one to show their hand, they bitch on how the other groups havent shown theirs. So we end up starting back at square one, with these groups charging an arm and leg for their units which don't technically exists yet except in concept.

And yet, people all over these forums are throwing tens of thousands of their hard earned dollars into a product nobody is willing to demonstrate.
Why do you even care what people choose to throw their hard earned dollars at?
RATM69

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 09:15:05 PM

What bugs me is the Hash power that they are introducing. 3 gh/s & 40 GH/s (no problem) but why is the next step a 1TH/s. Shouldn't or wouldn't make sense to come out with like an upgradable 250GH/s unit?

You would think they would start a little smaller (250GH/s upgradeable) and sell a bunch of those then move up in size a little bit (Just like with the rest of the computer industry)Then maybe two-three years down the road move up to the 1TH/s. There's no acceleration here, it's either stopped or WFO.

Seems like to me introducing this much speed will pretty much eliminate ALL the small guy's. By small I mean anything under 100Gh/s. I would think this will basically shoot them in the foot and they will realize what i'm talking about once everything is on the market and people are plugged in. Start small and work your way there. Don't go from ground floor to the 13th floor all at once. That's my 2 bits thanks for letting me vent.
firefop

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 09:17:45 PM

Indeed, the bottom line is we are working to improve customer service and our shipping times.  We just shipped orders from the first of August, so we are getting caught up there.  I have been working hard on the customer service issue as well as the shipping issues.  We are also working very hard on getting the ASICs out the door on time.  We are really beefing up our production capacity and moving everything we can in house.  We've purchased a pick and place machine, an oven, stenciler and other equipment to manufacture all the boards in house.  This means we can produce as many boards as we need without being at the mercy of board manufacturers and their timing/runs. 

Our ASIC chip is 100% original IP and we will have as many chips as we need, when we need them.  We are standardizing a lot of our equipment, so we can keep massive quantities of inventory on hand (at least 6 months of production work is the goal), allowing us to crank out units - literally - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week if need be.  We've hired more personnel and will be hiring yet more people as we gear up.   

The ASIC generation is going to be much less complex, as well, so there will be less steps to creating a fully functional end unit, and we will also be able to assemble/produce the much faster.  Everything you know about BFL is changing now and will continue to change.  The only thing I can do is assure you we understand the concerns and we are doing everything we can to address the past mistakes. 

As a note (from a customer with undelivered singles on order, and asic upgrade on pre-order) This is exactly the sort of communication that your customers love to see. Maybe something as simple as mailing out a newsletter at regular intervals. It would only need 3 sections, since last time - currently - looking forward. That in and of itself would go a long way on the customer service side of things.

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 09:20:13 PM

What bugs me is the Hash power that they are introducing. 3 gh/s & 40 GH/s (no problem) but why is the next step a 1TH/s. Shouldn't or wouldn't make sense to come out with like an upgradable 250GH/s unit?

You would think they would start a little smaller (250GH/s upgradeable) and sell a bunch of those then move up in size a little bit (Just like with the rest of the computer industry)Then maybe two-three years down the road move up to the 1TH/s. There's no acceleration here, it's either stopped or WFO.

Seems like to me introducing this much speed will pretty much eliminate ALL the small guy's. By small I mean anything under 100Gh/s. I would think this will basically shoot them in the foot and they will realize what i'm talking about once everything is on the market and people are plugged in. Start small and work your way there. Don't go from ground floor to the 13th floor all at once. That's my 2 bits thanks for letting me vent.
If they offered a 250GH/s unit for $7,500 instead of a 1TH/s unit for $30,000, why couldn't those who ordered a single mini-rig instead just order four 250GH/s units?

In other words, it would make very little difference in overall network hashrate if they had chosen 250GH/s as their largest hasher instead of 1TH/s.
AndrewBUD

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2012, 09:22:40 PM

They did buy up ALL the ad space on this site.... I think something is up and they will be very far behind schedule... I think maybe 1 of each units will be shipped out per week for the next 15 years Smiley

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
RATM69

Activity: 302

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 09:33:01 PM

If they offered a 250GH/s unit for $7,500 instead of a 1TH/s unit for $30,000, why couldn't those who ordered a single mini-rig instead just order four 250GH/s units?

In other words, it would make very little difference in overall network hashrate if they had chosen 250GH/s as their largest hasher instead of 1TH/s.

I was just thinking more from a business stand point seems like it would make more sense to slowly increase the power. Hell they probably could have gotten $5K for a 40GH/s and $25K for a 250GH/s. I'm quite sure people would gobble them up even at $5k and $25K Then later on offer upgrades or whatever. That's basically all i meant. Just a thought.
Zack

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 10:21:31 PM

I have a strong feeling they will deliver, but not on time. I've never ordered from BFL before except to pre-order my jalapeno but by reading these forums I'm nearly sure the ETA for delivery will be pushed back quite a bit.
firefop

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 10:32:10 PM

I have a strong feeling they will deliver, but not on time. I've never ordered from BFL before except to pre-order my jalapeno but by reading these forums I'm nearly sure the ETA for delivery will be pushed back quite a bit.

If only - I'd absolutely love it if they'd take untill june 2013 to actually release. But then I got a late start, I'm hitting hardware costs this month.

king_pin (OP)

Activity: 416

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2012, 10:47:51 PM

They did buy up ALL the ad space on this site.... I think something is up and they will be very far behind schedule... I think maybe 1 of each units will be shipped out per week for the next 15 years Smiley
hahaha, I love that quote!
Someone sad that buying back their old SC is a trust policy! Well why spend tens of thousands of dollars to buy back instead spend 1/2 that for better customer service.

Sometimes I'm thinking that this is BFL:
Big Fat Liar

Help to save a persons life with BITCOIN - http://www.bitcoinsaves.org/en/
king_pin (OP)

Activity: 416

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2012, 10:58:53 AM

An interesting hit on BFL's reputation:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=109515.0

In short words i it possible that BFL's boss, has been sewed for large-scale fraud!
Weather truth or false is being disused!

Help to save a persons life with BITCOIN - http://www.bitcoinsaves.org/en/
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 11:10:49 AM

Well, October is near. Either they start delivering some ASIC or then i'll add them to my scam list

Remember that delivering FPGA is much much much easier than ASIC  Wink

greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 11:20:27 AM

Well, October is near. Either they start delivering some ASIC or then i'll add them to my scam list

Remember that delivering FPGA is much much much easier than ASIC  Wink

But but but look at how they bought each and every adspace on the forums and then some. There's no way they would try to grab as much as they can in a last ditch effort before deploying their ASICS....

.... running shoes
SLok

Activity: 568
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 12:17:10 PM

Seems like all these so-called asics producers want your money before they even have produced a single asic-miner at all? And if you do not get involved now, either way you never get one that will pay itself back in a reasonable time, or will have to pay almost double the pre-order price when waiting.

WARNING! Don't trade BTC with Bruno Kucinskas aka Gleb Gamow, Phinnaeus Gage, etc Laundering BTC from anonymous sellers, avoid!https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649176.msg7279994#msg7279994 #TELLFBI #TELLKSAG #TELLIRS WARNING! Darin M. Bicknell, a proclaimed atheist, teaching at the Jakarta CanadianMontessori School. Drop your kids there at your own risk! WARNING! Christian Otzipka - Hildesheim is a known group-buy scammer, avoid! WARNING! Frizz Supertramp, faker with dozens of accounts here! WARNING! Christian "2 coins to see SLOk's" Antkow, still playing his little microphone...WARNING! Slobodan "Stolen Valor" Bogovac, faking being a ProfessorWARNING!Marion Sydney Lynn, google him, errr her, errr.. and lol
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 12:18:19 PM

Seems like all these so-called asics producers want your money before they even have produced a single asic-miner at all? And if you do not get involved now, either way you never get one that will pay itself back in a reasonable time, or will have to pay almost double the pre-order price when waiting.

it was the same with their fpga's and they did deliever.
i am not afraid Wink
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 12:28:39 PM

i am not afraid Wink
As i said

Remember that delivering FPGA is much much much easier than ASIC

greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 12:36:55 PM

i am not afraid Wink

Google Hustling, Three card Monte or shell game
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: