Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 04:33:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you think BFL's new ASIC is a lie?
Yes - 88 (23.8%)
NO - 119 (32.2%)
NO, but they are lying about performance, delivery dates etc. - 162 (43.9%)
Total Voters: 369

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW info. Everyone is lying about ther ASIC project  (Read 26577 times)
IMakeComps

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 10:12:54 AM

I really hope they deliver as promised. I pre-ordered 5 Single SC's from them.
AndrewBUD

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 02:34:02 PM

I ordered nothing, I'll order a bASIC if the time comes Cheesy

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
king_pin (OP)

Activity: 416
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 02:41:52 PM

• Very limited information (actually there is no information on the ASICs).
see above

<SARCASM>yes because you can obviously reverse engineer an ASIC from a photo of its box.</SARCASM>

But I am that GOOD - why the Sarcasm Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Дo кoйтo paзбиpa тoвa, c двe дyми БФЛ ce ocpaxa, oт дocтa ичзтoчници чyвaм, чe вce щe нищe нe ca paзpaбoтили, a ca cтapтиpaли пpoeктa eдвa cлeд oкoлo мceц oт oбявaтa, кoгaтo ca cъбpaли дocтaтъчнo пapи. Cpeднo зa тaкъв пpoeкт oтнeмa нaй-мaлкo 6-8 мeceцa, кoeтo ce дoближaвa дo мoятa пpoгнoзa зa кpaя нa Янyapи. Smiley
Mнoгo пoздpaви нa тъпaцитe oт HWBG, кoитo мe бaннaxa и нa мaлкoтo пeдaлчe bombera!

Help to save a persons life with BITCOIN - http://www.bitcoinsaves.org/en/
Pochi

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 02:46:15 PM

I dont know, I ordered a Jalepeno a week or 2 ago just to test its profit potential if any since its hard to predict the difficulty of mining when they come out. My electricity is expensive so i hope they made it efficient with power. $0.22 / kWh here. Sad
benco

Activity: 29

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 07:14:09 PM

My only question about BFLabs is:

Why would they sell a ACSI equipment for $30,000 that can mine 1,000G/Hash (roughly 4,500 dollars in BTC per day) and you can recover the investment in about 8 days, when they can easily build it for themselves and mine the shit out of it and become millionaires by running 10-20 of those themselves?

Because they can make more on devices than on BTCs. And they are right Smiley
solareclipse64236

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 09:24:36 PM

BFL is just supporting the industry, I'm sure that they have a working business scale already in place.

SLok

Activity: 568
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 10:34:02 PM

They can make like 500 units per day, these will run a 24-hour burn-in test, so they will be constantly mining with 500 pcs of jalapenos/40Ghs/1TH machines. At 400X3.5G+80X40G+20X1TH.....
1400k+3200k+20000k=24600k Mh/s=$106,863.96 a day?? Huh

Check my calculation please, someone?

WARNING! Don't trade BTC with Bruno Kucinskas aka Gleb Gamow, Phinnaeus Gage, etc Laundering BTC from anonymous sellers, avoid!https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649176.msg7279994#msg7279994 #TELLFBI #TELLKSAG #TELLIRS WARNING! Darin M. Bicknell, a proclaimed atheist, teaching at the Jakarta CanadianMontessori School. Drop your kids there at your own risk! WARNING! Christian Otzipka - Hildesheim is a known group-buy scammer, avoid! WARNING! Frizz Supertramp, faker with dozens of accounts here! WARNING! Christian "2 coins to see SLOk's" Antkow, still playing his little microphone...WARNING! Slobodan "Stolen Valor" Bogovac, faking being a ProfessorWARNING!Marion Sydney Lynn, google him, errr her, errr.. and lol
dooferorg

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 10:44:31 PM

They can make like 500 units per day, these will run a 24-hour burn-in test, so they will be constantly mining with 500 pcs of jalapenos/40Ghs/1TH machines. At 400X3.5G+80X40G+20X1TH.....

Factor in block reward drop, difficulty increase and other ASICs (that they or others ship) and I think it looks differently

BTC: 1dooferoD3vnwgez3Jo1E4bFfgMf81LR2
ZEC: t1gnToN2HZW4GD52kofEVdijhRijWjCNfYi
live627

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 11:08:08 PM

A) Have one successful build.
B) Have one that is able to work with the bitcoin network
C) They require water cooling so they do not catch fire.
D) Have one that does not catch fire after running for 12h.
Proof?
Aahzman

Activity: 602

Your *what* is itchy?

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 11:10:08 PM

What if they made their original product at a (slight) loss to build a good reputation for themselves so people believe them enough to please a large preorder for the suppossed ASIC?

Whoa. What if they were the ones who started bitcoin in the first place, to create a community and economy, with the sole intent of FUCKING US ALL 4 YEARS LATER!?!?  *MIND BLOWN* Talk about a long con game.

/sarcasm off

Aahzman

Your *what* is itchy?

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 11:12:11 PM

Yes, I'm sorry if I confused anyone, but we are only shipping the FPGA products at the moment.  The comment above was with regards to the FPGA Singles - our helper monkeys (They are on subcontracted out from EMC) are busily creating more singles as we speak for shipping either later this week or early next week. 

We also have more than 300 boards on their way after that to satisfy current and future orders prior to the ASICs.  It will sure be nice when we have the pick and place ready to go and we don't have rely on a third party to place the components on our boards.

Whoa! I may have to cancel my pre-order. Nobody said anything about EMC being involved. I work for HP, I can't be seen buying anything that's had EMC hands in it.... SO TORN NOW

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 11:27:27 PM

I'd drop that figure to about 1/5.  No way they're building 20 minirigs a day.

But even assuming they are, compare the price of those (assumed) hardware pieces compared to the mining revenue.

400 x $150 + 80 x $1300 + 20 x $30000 = $764,000 selling price.

So, even if they make $107k/day mining, it still wouldn't make up a substantial portion of their revenues.  And that $107k wouldn't last long either - as more of the units are released into the wild, that revenue would drop to maybe $10k/day, if that.

I'm not particularly happy that BFL is choosing to mine on the main net, but I'm not going to cancel my order over it either.
SLok

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 11:49:57 PM

I'd drop that figure to about 1/5.  No way they're building 20 minirigs a day.

But even assuming they are, compare the price of those (assumed) hardware pieces compared to the mining revenue.

400 x $150 + 80 x $1300 + 20 x $30000 = $764,000 selling price.

So, even if they make $107k/day mining, it still wouldn't make up a substantial portion of their revenues.  And that $107k wouldn't last long either - as more of the units are released into the wild, that revenue would drop to maybe $10k/day, if that.

I'm not particularly happy that BFL is choosing to mine on the main net, but I'm not going to cancel my order over it either.
Neither am I. But it will take maybe a month at full production to catch up all pre-orders (as they said they want to send out an as big as possible first batch), plus the ones coming in once people see they really deliver. In the video shot at the conference bfl guy said they wanted to build a 6000pcs stock, and produce to the point where they can take next-day-delivery orders. I also wish they just use a testnet.

WARNING! Don't trade BTC with Bruno Kucinskas aka Gleb Gamow, Phinnaeus Gage, etc Laundering BTC from anonymous sellers, avoid!https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649176.msg7279994#msg7279994 #TELLFBI #TELLKSAG #TELLIRS WARNING! Darin M. Bicknell, a proclaimed atheist, teaching at the Jakarta CanadianMontessori School. Drop your kids there at your own risk! WARNING! Christian Otzipka - Hildesheim is a known group-buy scammer, avoid! WARNING! Frizz Supertramp, faker with dozens of accounts here! WARNING! Christian "2 coins to see SLOk's" Antkow, still playing his little microphone...WARNING! Slobodan "Stolen Valor" Bogovac, faking being a ProfessorWARNING!Marion Sydney Lynn, google him, errr her, errr.. and lol
king_pin (OP)

Activity: 416

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2012, 11:57:52 PM

...so they will be constantly mining with 500 pcs of jalapenos/40Ghs/1TH machines.

I think that they are building 0 ASIC mining rigs a day.....  Smiley

Help to save a persons life with BITCOIN - http://www.bitcoinsaves.org/en/
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 12:12:17 AM

Yes, I'm sorry if I confused anyone, but we are only shipping the FPGA products at the moment.  The comment above was with regards to the FPGA Singles - our helper monkeys (They are on subcontracted out from EMC) are busily creating more singles as we speak for shipping either later this week or early next week. 

We also have more than 300 boards on their way after that to satisfy current and future orders prior to the ASICs.  It will sure be nice when we have the pick and place ready to go and we don't have rely on a third party to place the components on our boards.

Whoa! I may have to cancel my pre-order. Nobody said anything about EMC being involved. I work for HP, I can't be seen buying anything that's had EMC hands in it.... SO TORN NOW

In my server room I have HP Proliants and EMC NAS cohabitating. Tell you what? They're both great  Wink
SLok

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 12:13:22 AM

...so they will be constantly mining with 500 pcs of jalapenos/40Ghs/1TH machines.

I think that they are building 0 ASIC mining rigs a day.....  Smiley
Soon king_pin, soon. Production starts next week.  Grin

Aahzman

Your *what* is itchy?

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 12:28:32 AM

In my server room I have HP Proliants and EMC NAS cohabitating. Tell you what? They're both great  Wink

Yah, I was being semi-kidding about the EMC angle. Although as an HP employee I am officially required to hate them. ;-)

poon-TANG

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 03:52:45 AM

So if BFL is mining on the "24 hr burn-in" ASIC units....who's to say that AMD isn't doing the same
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 10:58:00 AM

what?
RoboCoder

Activity: 388

Save A Life, Adopt a Pet Today!

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2012, 03:40:29 PM

Well if they truly interested in not upsetting the balance of hash power as they state, they would do their burn in test without actually submitting any shares - i know cgminer/bfgminer have a "benchmark" mode so that do not involve actual mining..

Anyway odds are if the did do a huge burn in initially - we would probably know because a burnin on 300 units would show pretty significantly (see the charts on blockchain.com)..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: