Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:19:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you think BFL's new ASIC is a lie?
Yes - 88 (23.8%)
NO - 119 (32.2%)
NO, but they are lying about performance, delivery dates etc. - 162 (43.9%)
Total Voters: 369

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW info. Everyone is lying about ther ASIC project  (Read 26571 times)
AndrewBUD

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2012, 06:14:39 PM

^ will probably end up being true.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
king_pin (OP)

Activity: 416
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2012, 04:52:00 PM

It is the 2nd of November - Any ASICs BFL?Huh

Help to save a persons life with BITCOIN - http://www.bitcoinsaves.org/en/
2GOOD

Activity: 547
Merit: 531

First bits: 12good

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2012, 12:44:27 AM

I just LOVED this!

Day 0 is expected roughly around November 30th, plus or minus a week:

Day T-10: Four of the five ASIC manufacturers claim to be finalizing the design / optimizing / trying to resolve some nagging power issue / whatever, yet not a single person that pre-paid for an ASIC has one in-hand.
Day T-8: Difficulty of 3.5 million and exchange rate of $15 mean profitability is still acceptable for GPU miners paying average electric rates or less.
Day T-5: A lot more "N Ghash/s for sale" listings will start to appear [Edit: as-in total liquidation of N GHash/s of capacity]
Day T-4: Difficulty for Litecoin rises as miners experiment, causing there to be no chance of profit from Litecoin mining either.
Day T-3: Block 209,664 -- last difficulty adjustment before the block subsidy reward drops (fact, not a prediction)
Day T-1: Last day that anywhere near 7,200 BTC is produced (fact, not a prediction)
Day 0: Block 210,000 hits and only about 3,600 are produced (fact, not a prediction)
Day 1: Blocks slow to about 11 minutes as some GPU miners realize basic math and power down.
Day 2: Exchange rate volatile, both up and down, but returns to previous levels -- about $15.
Day 3: Anger and vitriol from GPU miners who are still "underwater" on their GPUs purchased in 2012.
Day 4: Anger and vitriol from FPGA miners who somehow didn't realize that "much more efficient" doesn't protect against a revenue drop of 50%
Day 5: Blocks slow to about 12 minutes as more GPU miners realize the payouts are dismal and begin to proceed past "denial", the first step in the grieving process,
Day 6: ASIC hardware developers see an even greater number of prepayments for hardware. Much gnashing of teeth on the forums.
Day 7: Hashing on CoinLab's GPU network grows tremendously as miners cash in their built-up loyalty credits.
Day 8: Nearly all NVidia GPUs that were used for mining are now either computing with CoinLab or have been decommissioned.
Day 9: Gamers elated over some really good AMD and NVidia graphics cards available "really, really cheap" on eBay.
Day 10: Blocks slow to about 13 minutes, as not only did the block reward subsidy drop but so did the frequency of blocks -- making mining bring in even less revenue each day.
Day 11: Speculators hoping for the "doubling" of the exchange rate realize it didn't happen (or perhaps already happened, from $5-ish, over the summer), and sell off a little Exchange rate drops to $12-ish.
Day 12: ASIC manfuacturers claim to be finalizing the design / optimizing / trying to resolve some nagging power issue / whatever, yet not a single person that pre-paid for an ASIC has one in-hand.
Day 13: Block 211,680 - difficulty adjusts. Drops 15%. Back to one block every ten minutes.
Day 14: Mining operators are still seeing electric bills from the previous month's consumption. Even more anger, vitriol and gnashing of teeth.
Day 15: Christmas-related activities overtake bitcoin as being the event more important to many mining operators.
Day 25: The daily "average price" remains in a range between $12 and $15.
Day 26: Many "slightly used" GPU cards land in wrapped boxes under trees. Others, particularly those who had a larger investment in their GPU rigs, are using the phrase "bah, humbug" more than they had in any prior holiday season.
Day 27: Difficult adjusts, dropping another 5%. Yawn.
Day 30: ASIC manufacturers claim to be finalizing the design / optimizing / trying to resolve some nagging power issue / whatever, yet not a single person that pre-paid for an ASIC has one in-hand.

This is getting closer to true with the latest BFL November/December shipping announcement.

Day 26 is my favorite line  Grin Grin Grin Grin

abracadabra

Activity: 956
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 12:58:44 AM

just wait, just 2 more months

It's 2 months and 1 week.  What are we waiting for?
king_pin (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2012, 02:38:39 AM

What happened to BFL_Josh? Is he alive? Smiley

firefop

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 03:26:16 AM

What happened to BFL_Josh? Is he alive? Smiley

That's for offical BFL stuff... he still posts here on his personal account (Inaba).

But he's quite active on BFL offical forums.

king_pin (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2012, 10:42:16 PM

And I bet his most commonly used words are:
Tomorrow, Soon, Next Week, Next month ...

king_pin (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2012, 02:23:11 AM

I received my BFL ASIC today it is made out of NOTHINGRoll Eyes

strideynet

Activity: 412

View Profile
November 15, 2012, 06:44:53 AM

2 community members are visiting at end of this month. I think it's yochdog. And someone.
Chloride

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2012, 07:01:42 AM

Well, that's capitalism. Take chances, win big or lose your money.

If BFL does have ASICs, then the people who put their money on the line in pre-orders are going to have a heyday when it first gets released and the difficulty hasn't increased yet. The people who decided to wait will still have a chance to mine, but not until after the difficulty has ramped up.

If BFL doesn't have the ASICs... well. That's highly unfortunate, but hey; you're working with experimental technology that works with a relatively experimental e-currency, you have to expect that things might not turn out according to plan. Invest at your own risk.

I haven't pre-ordered (Although I gave the Jalapeno some serious thought with the low starting price), so I think I'll see how it works when the first people begin to get theirs and think about it.
king_pin (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2012, 04:58:07 PM
Last edit: November 28, 2012, 08:14:51 PM by king_pin

EDITED:
Here is a quote from BFL's admin:
While I can't give a hard date and say "absolutely" this is the date, it looks like the week of the 11th,
source: https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/437-asic-update-26-november-2012-a.html

Interestingly, since the first per-orders the price of BTC went almost double. So will BFL return full refunds or "full refunds" Wink

I am expecting some comment from all who opposed me, blamed that im working for someone, and were defending BFL.

AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 05:03:42 PM

So did I or did I not say January!
I really can't express the depth of how incredibly pissed off I am about this project (as I am sure you are as well). After hours of meetings and discussions today with my engineering team I don't see any possible way we will be able to release the bASIC before mid January.
source: https://www.btcfpga.com/forum/index.php?topic=125.0

Um, thats not BFL, thats BitcoinASIC/BTCFPGA/Tom/Cablepair talking about his product called bASIC.

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
bitcoinvideos

Activity: 251

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 05:04:22 PM

That is a rough place to be for sure.  I remember when I opened my first business and the delays etc almost made me lose it.  I certainly hope they turn out some products for the future or it will disenfranchise the entire BTC community.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 05:17:57 PM

So did I or did I not say January!
I really can't express the depth of how incredibly pissed off I am about this project (as I am sure you are as well). After hours of meetings and discussions today with my engineering team I don't see any possible way we will be able to release the bASIC before mid January.
source: https://www.btcfpga.com/forum/index.php?topic=125.0

Um you do know you look stupid right?  

The bolded portions are hints.
king_pin (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2012, 05:25:40 PM

Yes, yes I was stupid I quoted the wrong thing!
It's a bit late here sorry.

This is what I wanted you to read:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=105120.0;topicseen

Aahzman

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Your *what* is itchy?

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 05:38:37 PM

So, you're posting a link to the topic we're already reading, which has no new info? 

squeept

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 05:42:32 PM

We're supposed to listen to the judgement of someone that hasn't even mastered "copy and paste"?

I'm just going to keep repeating "it's an Altera HardCopy" because I haven't the slightest clue what I'm talking about.
Aahzman

Activity: 602

Your *what* is itchy?

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 05:43:36 PM

We're supposed to listen to the judgement of someone that hasn't even mastered "copy and paste"?

Seems legit.

king_pin (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2012, 06:10:30 PM

Yes, because he told you so, and was right! Tongue

SLok

Activity: 568

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 07:33:52 PM

Yes, because he told you so, and was right! Tongue
Huh???

Quote: In my personal opinion there is something very stinky about BFL:

No certain delivery dates.     ----------- no asic vendor gave, besides this was known when you posted, so a useless comment
    No pictures or schemes or anything.  ---------  fail point, pictures shown, if you expect to get schematics, dream on!
    Very limited information (actually there is no information on the ASICs).  ------------ Too basic complaint. What do you want to know?
    No one answers their phone.  ------------ How many times have you called? I bet never.
    They answer your e-mail within 2-3 weeks. ------------ utter lie, I had email exchanges with answers between 2 minutes to 2 days at the august peak periods
    All their answers are with a maybe or possibly. ---------- again, what are you asking?
    I never got it why are BITCOIN payments preferred. ---------- They  are not, but considering it's all about bitcoins, I wouldn't mind if they were
    The broke the law of e-bay - 2 months to appeal and ask for a refund with their 2 to 4 to 6 months delivery - maybe. --------- fail, bfl does not sell on ebay, some bloke sells his places in line
    They are a business registered in Massachusetts on the name of some Mexican woman. ------------- fail, fud from months back.
    They are playing with millions yet their website is made with WordPress. --------------  So?
    Up to today no one has either seen, touched or heard their ASICs. (even remotely) ---------- Not heard of their asics? Are you deaf? Do you read magazines, follow more vendors?

In short, utter fail attempt to score with nothing. Again.

WARNING! Don't trade BTC with Bruno Kucinskas aka Gleb Gamow, Phinnaeus Gage, etc Laundering BTC from anonymous sellers, avoid!https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649176.msg7279994#msg7279994 #TELLFBI #TELLKSAG #TELLIRS WARNING! Darin M. Bicknell, a proclaimed atheist, teaching at the Jakarta CanadianMontessori School. Drop your kids there at your own risk! WARNING! Christian Otzipka - Hildesheim is a known group-buy scammer, avoid! WARNING! Frizz Supertramp, faker with dozens of accounts here! WARNING! Christian "2 coins to see SLOk's" Antkow, still playing his little microphone...WARNING! Slobodan "Stolen Valor" Bogovac, faking being a ProfessorWARNING!Marion Sydney Lynn, google him, errr her, errr.. and lol
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: