Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:56:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you think BFL's new ASIC is a lie?
Yes - 88 (23.8%)
NO - 119 (32.2%)
NO, but they are lying about performance, delivery dates etc. - 162 (43.9%)
Total Voters: 369

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW info. Everyone is lying about ther ASIC project  (Read 26571 times)
SLok

Activity: 568
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 07:39:00 PM

Here is a quote from BFL's admin:
While I can't give a hard date and say "absolutely" this is the date, it looks like the week of the 11th,
source: https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/437-asic-update-26-november-2012-a.html

Interestingly, since the first per-orders the price of BTC went almost double. So will BFL return full refunds or "full refunds" Wink

I am expecting some comment from all who opposed me, blamed that im working for someone, and were defending BFL.
The btc payed were the equivalent of the price of the units in $. Refunds are payed at wish in $ or btc, at an equivalent of the actual exchange rate. Jeezzzz, a 5 year old would understand that. So, fail again?

WARNING! Don't trade BTC with Bruno Kucinskas aka Gleb Gamow, Phinnaeus Gage, etc Laundering BTC from anonymous sellers, avoid!https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649176.msg7279994#msg7279994 #TELLFBI #TELLKSAG #TELLIRS WARNING! Darin M. Bicknell, a proclaimed atheist, teaching at the Jakarta CanadianMontessori School. Drop your kids there at your own risk! WARNING! Christian Otzipka - Hildesheim is a known group-buy scammer, avoid! WARNING! Frizz Supertramp, faker with dozens of accounts here! WARNING! Christian "2 coins to see SLOk's" Antkow, still playing his little microphone...WARNING! Slobodan "Stolen Valor" Bogovac, faking being a ProfessorWARNING!Marion Sydney Lynn, google him, errr her, errr.. and lol
king_pin (OP)

Activity: 416
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2012, 08:22:23 PM

Well I am not 5y old so I think they can play it in two ways.

Return the exact amount of $ to the people who payed in $ and return the exact amount BTC to the people who payed in BTC, which would be fair.
-or-
Return the exact amount of $ to the people who payed in $ end return the the amount in BTC to people who payed in BTC but according to today prices not the number of bitcoins they payed. Example:
Back then the price was around 8$ per BTC. I payed 100BTC x 8$ =800$ so I gave them 800$, and now they return to me my 800$ / 12$ = 66.6BTC and they give me only 66.6BTC.

Don't you people know how scams work?  Grin

Help to save a persons life with BITCOIN - http://www.bitcoinsaves.org/en/
kjj
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1025

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 09:14:05 PM

Return the exact amount of $ to the people who payed in $ and return the exact amount BTC to the people who payed in BTC, which would be fair.
-or-
Return the exact amount of $ to the people who payed in $ end return the the amount in BTC to people who payed in BTC but according to today prices not the number of bitcoins they payed. Example:
Back then the price was around 8$ per BTC. I payed 100BTC x 8$ =800$ so I gave them 800$, and now they return to me my 800$ / 12$ = 66.6BTC and they give me only 66.6BTC.

Don't you people know how scams work?  Grin

Except that no one paid BFL using BTC, assuming that I remember this correctly.  They used a payment service to convert BTC into USD, which was then paid to BFL.

At any rate, because USD has legal tender status in the US, a refund can always be issued in dollars based on the dollar value at the time of payment.  If you try to take it to court, the judge will be quite unhappy with you for wasting his time.

17Np17BSrpnHCZ2pgtiMNnhjnsWJ2TMqq8
I routinely ignore posters with paid advertising in their sigs.  You should too.
SLok

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 01:01:11 AM

-or-

Don't you people know how scams work?  Grin
Man are you that stupid or do you just play it? SC prices are set in $, not btc!
If you want a Single you pay $1387 (incl. internat. ship) or the equivalent of that amount in btc, at the rate the $/btc is at that moment. BFL gets your btc via bitpay which immediately converts the btc to $1387 that goes to bfl's account.
If you cancel you get $1387 back, or the equivalent of that amount in btc at the rate it is at the moment of a refund. If the btc was $693.50 worth at the canceling, you would get 2 btc, total value of those 2 btc = $1387. You want to spend $1387 in btc and get back $2000 in btc later, you must be joking, or you don't know what scammer means.

WARNING! Don't trade BTC with Bruno Kucinskas aka Gleb Gamow, Phinnaeus Gage, etc Laundering BTC from anonymous sellers, avoid!https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649176.msg7279994#msg7279994 #TELLFBI #TELLKSAG #TELLIRS WARNING! Darin M. Bicknell, a proclaimed atheist, teaching at the Jakarta CanadianMontessori School. Drop your kids there at your own risk! WARNING! Christian Otzipka - Hildesheim is a known group-buy scammer, avoid! WARNING! Frizz Supertramp, faker with dozens of accounts here! WARNING! Christian "2 coins to see SLOk's" Antkow, still playing his little microphone...WARNING! Slobodan "Stolen Valor" Bogovac, faking being a ProfessorWARNING!Marion Sydney Lynn, google him, errr her, errr.. and lol
Fjordbit

Activity: 588

firstbits.com/1kznfw

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2012, 02:56:13 AM

To return bitcoin for bitcoin would be highly unfair. It would provide a perfect currency hedge against a bitcoin drop. Just purchase a few hundred thousand in BFL equipment. If BTC price goes down, you can sell your equipment (or even just your preorder ticket) and get your full value back. If BTC price goes up, then you can demand a bitcoin refund. From the way it played out, this would have been a risk free way to double your money.
king_pin (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2012, 02:57:52 AM

WoW, sorry I ain't "that stupid" to buy a BFL ASIC in the first place, so I didn't know that payments went only thru bitpay. Wink

So if BFL refunds everyone right now they will get almost 1/2 of their bitcoins.
Pretty clever scam -  lie till the price goes up, then return 1/2 the bitcoins. Cheesy
Everyone knew that bitcoin price was going up. Cheesy Damn they are smarter than I thought. I wish I had come up with the ASIC scheme Cheesy

mjc

Activity: 588

Available on Kindle

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2012, 03:47:14 AM

I'm still on board. 

Kindle : Bitcoin Step by Step (2nd Ed) : http://www.amazon.com/Bitcoin-Step-by-ebook/dp/B00A1CUQQU
Kindle : Bitcoin Mining Step by Step : http://www.amazon.com/Bitcoin-Step-by-ebook/dp/B00A1CUQQU
Facebook :  https://www.facebook.com/BitcoinStepByStep     Twitter : @BitcoinSbS
squeept

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 03:49:57 AM

WoW, sorry I ain't "that stupid" to buy a BFL ASIC in the first place, so I didn't know that payments went only thru bitpay. Wink

So if BFL refunds everyone right now they will get almost 1/2 of their bitcoins.
Pretty clever scam -  lie till the price goes up, then return 1/2 the bitcoins. Cheesy
Everyone knew that bitcoin price was going up. Cheesy Damn they are smarter than I thought. I wish I had come up with the ASIC scheme Cheesy

And he still doesn't get it. This whole fucking forum is trolltarded.

I'm just going to keep repeating "it's an Altera HardCopy" because I haven't the slightest clue what I'm talking about.
dust

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2012, 03:52:35 AM

That would be a dumb scam as it is never certain which direction the price will go.  If BFL or other manufacturers were scamming they would just take preorders, issue a few refunds to maintain confidence, and then run with the money.

I'm sure this has been discussed elsewhere in this thread, but if you are so sure the asic manufacturers are scamming, want to bet on it? (With me personally, not the ridiculous variable odds of betsofbitco.in)

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
SLok

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 01:20:03 PM

Man you are retarded, even my 5-year old daughter is brighter and smarter than you. Don't bother to respond, I'm pretty sure you will never get it.

AndrewBUD

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2012, 01:27:26 PM

They used bitpay.. They received USD.. what'cha talkin' bout willis?

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
king_pin (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2012, 05:33:09 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2012, 05:53:41 PM by king_pin

Man you are retarded, even my 5-year old daughter is brighter and smarter than you. Don't bother to respond, I'm pretty sure you will never get it.

Dude, I don't want to be your 5y old retarded daughter, poor thing she has a lying father. jk Cheesy Cheesy
How much did BFL pay you to put this in your signature:
60 GH/s BFL Single SC - Pre-Order Yours Today!
`````` Only $1299.99 - butterflylabs.com ````
You understood exactly what I sad and if you haven't. Try denying this:
If BFL bought BTC with the money everyone gave them a long time ago, and issues a refund right now, assuming that they didn't spend any money to develop anything and were just lying, will they make a profit?

Now if you follow my posts, you will see that I don't think that BFL is a scam, but that they are lying again and again about the shipping date, so they can make a few $ more, and catch a few more fish(miners). Smiley

I withheld from comenting on this:
We're supposed to listen to the judgement of someone that hasn't even mastered "copy and paste"?
Yes, because he told you so, and was right! Tongue
Huh???

Quote: In my personal opinion there is something very stinky about BFL:

1. No certain delivery dates.     ----------- no asic vendor gave, besides this was known when you posted, so a useless comment
   2. No pictures or schemes or anything.  ---------  fail point, pictures shown, if you expect to get schematics, dream on!
   3. Very limited information (actually there is no information on the ASICs).  ------------ Too basic complaint. What do you want to know?
   4. No one answers their phone.  ------------ How many times have you called? I bet never.
   5. They answer your e-mail within 2-3 weeks. ------------ utter lie, I had email exchanges with answers between 2 minutes to 2 days at the august peak periods
   6. All their answers are with a maybe or possibly. ---------- again, what are you asking?
   7. I never got it why are BITCOIN payments preferred. ---------- They  are not, but considering it's all about bitcoins, I wouldn't mind if they were
   8. The broke the law of e-bay - 2 months to appeal and ask for a refund with their 2 to 4 to 6 months delivery - maybe. --------- fail, bfl does not sell on ebay, some bloke sells his places in line
   9. They are a business registered in Massachusetts on the name of some Mexican woman. ------------- fail, fud from months back.
   10. They are playing with millions yet their website is made with WordPress. --------------  So?
   11. Up to today no one has either seen, touched or heard their ASICs. (even remotely) ---------- Not heard of their asics? Are you deaf? Do you read magazines, follow more vendors?

In short, utter fail attempt to score with nothing. Again.

But now I have to:
1. Any serious business gives delivery dates of their products, so your comment is useless!
2. They showed the first picture, when the should've started shipping their ASIC, so they send pics instead, Cheesy again your comment is useless.
3. When I give someone money, and not a small amount of money I expect information, and a webpage not made with WordPress Wink
4., 5., 6., Are true! 2-3 months ago there was literally no customer support on BFLs side, again you are useless and pointless in your comment.
The next few we have commented.
11. Again 3 months ago, no one had seen their ASIC, I dont think that anyone has seen it yet, but dude, this thread is 3 months old learn to read!
You are giving today's information to 3 month old questions!

SLok

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 05:52:43 PM

This user is currently ignored.
Huh?

sifo

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 06:30:23 PM

Well development of such product is huge project. I believe, those devices are real and will be available soon.
They just made mistake with the fact, that they startet pre-orders before they even started development.
Surely it's good for them, because people gave them money needed for development. But it's not nice of them to make people wait for half a year when they already paid full price.
Focksbot

Activity: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 06:44:42 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2012, 08:42:15 PM by Focksbot

All this still feels unfounded... Let's wait until we see what they do. Which I somewhat hope the ASICs are a hoax so I can at least see more insane rigs that span entire walls. I like that creativity going on. These lunchboxes take out a lot of the fun.

On another note, this guy who is blowing the whistle on BFL sure has a tendency to be a name caller and is more argumentative than trying to actually come up with a logical conclusion.
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 06:52:58 PM

Don't worry. I'll quote it for you:

Dude, I don't want to be your 5y old retarded daughter, poor thing she has a lying father. jk Cheesy Cheesy
How much did BFL pay you to put this in your signature:
60 GH/s BFL Single SC - Pre-Order Yours Today!
`````` Only $1299.99 - butterflylabs.com ````
You understood exactly what I sad and if you haven't. Try denying this:
If BFL bought BTC with the money everyone gave them a long time ago, and issues a refund right now, assuming that they didn't spend any money to develop anything and were just lying, will they make a profit?

Now if you follow my posts, you will see that I don't think that BFL is a scam, but that they are lying again and again about the shipping date, so they can make a few $ more, and catch a few more fish(miners). Smiley

I withheld from comenting on this:
We're supposed to listen to the judgement of someone that hasn't even mastered "copy and paste"?
Yes, because he told you so, and was right! Tongue
Huh???

Quote: In my personal opinion there is something very stinky about BFL:

1. No certain delivery dates.     ----------- no asic vendor gave, besides this was known when you posted, so a useless comment
   2. No pictures or schemes or anything.  ---------  fail point, pictures shown, if you expect to get schematics, dream on!
   3. Very limited information (actually there is no information on the ASICs).  ------------ Too basic complaint. What do you want to know?
   4. No one answers their phone.  ------------ How many times have you called? I bet never.
   5. They answer your e-mail within 2-3 weeks. ------------ utter lie, I had email exchanges with answers between 2 minutes to 2 days at the august peak periods
   6. All their answers are with a maybe or possibly. ---------- again, what are you asking?
   7. I never got it why are BITCOIN payments preferred. ---------- They  are not, but considering it's all about bitcoins, I wouldn't mind if they were
   8. The broke the law of e-bay - 2 months to appeal and ask for a refund with their 2 to 4 to 6 months delivery - maybe. --------- fail, bfl does not sell on ebay, some bloke sells his places in line
   9. They are a business registered in Massachusetts on the name of some Mexican woman. ------------- fail, fud from months back.
   10. They are playing with millions yet their website is made with WordPress. --------------  So?
   11. Up to today no one has either seen, touched or heard their ASICs. (even remotely) ---------- Not heard of their asics? Are you deaf? Do you read magazines, follow more vendors?

In short, utter fail attempt to score with nothing. Again.

But now I have to:
1. Any serious business gives delivery dates of their products, so your comment is useless!
2. They showed the first picture, when the should've started shipping their ASIC, so they send pics instead, Cheesy again your comment is useless.
3. When I give someone money, and not a small amount of money I expect information, and a webpage not made with WordPress Wink
4., 5., 6., Are true! 2-3 months ago there was literally no customer support on BFLs side, again you are useless and pointless in your comment.
The next few we have commented.
11. Again 3 months ago, no one had seen their ASIC, I dont think that anyone has seen it yet, but dude, this thread is 3 months old learn to read!
You are giving today's information to 3 month old questions!

Peter Jelinek

Activity: 27

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 07:04:37 PM

2013 will be interesting year indeed  Grin
king_pin (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2012, 03:34:28 AM

All this still feels unfounded... Let's wait until we see what they do. Which I somewhat hope the ASICs are a hoax so I can at least see more insane rigs that span entire walls. I like that creativity going on. These lunchboxes take out a lot of the fun.
On another note, this guy who is blowing the whistle on BFL sure has a tendency to be a name caller and is more argumentative than trying to actually come up with a logical conclusion.
It is taking all the fun out I agree. Sad

And at first I wasn't blowing any whistle, but I have some experience with projects and a easy calculation told me that the earliest they can deliver is mid January, so all their claims for October were ridiculous and kind of got me pissed off.

Anyways, we can only wait, and laugh at the "fuzzy dates" that BFL_Josh gives us Cheesy

P.S. thanks greyhawk Smiley

super3
Legendary

Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2012, 03:48:57 AM

I think that by time BFL actually releases the ASICs the reward for mining will have dropped so much that it won't ever be mathematically worth it.

Bitcoin Dev / Storj - Decentralized Cloud Storage. Winner of Texas Bitcoin Conference Hackathon 2014. / Peercoin Web Lead / Primecoin Web Lead / Armory Guide Author / "Am I the only one that trusts Dogecoin more than the Federal Reserve?"
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2012, 04:10:22 AM

And at first I wasn't blowing any whistle, but I have some experience with projects and a easy calculation told me that the earliest they can deliver is mid January, so all their claims for October were ridiculous and kind of got me pissed off.

I just had to LOL at this. 

Reminds me of this:

Is that you, King_pin?  Do you have some "experience" little guy?  Just like you had "experience" with the Devil 13?

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: