Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:29:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin Legal?  (Read 12881 times)
GTA (OP)

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 03:10:52 PM

Check out this cool interactive map covering Bitcoin legal status globally. I don't think I have seen something like this anywhere.

What the future holds for the world where utmost people’s and companies’ interests clash daily, the time will only show.

You’re welcome to a full and comprehensive guide to the legal status of Bitcoin throughout the world with a unique interactive
map providing access to a visual history of cryptocurrency regulation.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 04:10:01 PM

i don't see much of a difference between free to use and not regulated(in the first case it will be regulated too in the future i suppose...), also it surprise me that in the whole asia basically, bitcoin is restricted, i thought that only china has restricted it via exchange

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 04:15:32 PM

I thought the list of "banned" countries was much shorter, so I seem to be behind on the news:
Has 2015 really been that big of a year for Gov't attempts to halt BTC?

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2015, 04:17:40 PM

Nice map even though the site wants to load JS from a dozent (or more) domains. For those who care: enable cointelegraph.com and parse.com to get the color working.

i don't see much of a difference between free to use and not regulated(in the first case it will be regulated too in the future i suppose...), also it surprise me that in the whole asia basically, bitcoin is restricted, i thought that only china has restricted it via exchange

See Canada, free to use might include some rules. My understanding of "Unregulated" is that there is no official statement in any direction.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Alty

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

RISE Project Manager

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 04:22:09 PM

I'm presuming the arctic and antarctic are unregulated.
olcaytu2005
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 04:27:24 PM

Bitcoin is freedom and you cant stop it. People always want freedom. Even if Goverments restrict bitcoin they never stop or prevent using bitcoin. We think China Gov. restrict the bitcoin but they have biggest bitcoin economy in the world Smiley
zeraTunerse

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 08:01:49 PM

I don't think that it can make any difference using bitcoin across the globe. Bitcoin is decentralised and even Government don't have any command on the usage of bitcoin. Bitcoin was accepted and will be accepted across the globe as the identity of person is not disclosed.
zendantom

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 09:08:11 PM

Who cares if its legal or illegal?? Whose gonna keep watch on it?? Everyday large number of bitcoins are bought and sold who is gonna keep watch on it?? People are using and will continue to use it even the Government oppose it. So discussion on this topic is useless.

torrentheaven

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 08:43:16 PM

It depends on a person how he views the bitcoin?? If its profitable for himself he will definitely support it any say yes its legal but if he doesn't acquire the knowledge of bitcoin then he would say thats its illegal and bitcoin doesn't need any views from anyone.
lahm-44

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 09:07:52 PM

ofcourse it is legal but some of the country's still don't know about it or still thinks its danger well tjey are even right for some points too it can be dangerous if we don't use it well..peoples are the only one who are making it legal and govenments are the one who are making it illigal because it can put a full stop on their curruption
nerFohanzo

Activity: 631

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 09:31:09 PM

Its legal but basically the problem that bitcoin is facing is that many of the countries are not used to it and the reason is the corrupted Government of the country who is not allowing it to be legal and generally people who are not used to it are scared of scams and dont show their willingess to accept it.
operrajunk74

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 10:58:44 PM

It's atleast legal for the people who are involved in money laundering..its an  blessing for them and ofcourse it should be legal why so much issue with a bitcoin? Just imagine the situation that you are on world tour with no cash in your wallet only bitcoin as a mode of payment..Sounds great.
torrentheaven

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 09:45:47 AM

Yeah it's definitely legal. It will get more attention when the developing countries will start adopting it and I thinnk it has a great future ahead for the bitcoin community. Once the people start gaining the knowledge of bitcoin it would definitely grow more.
ipbo

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 09:51:16 AM

To the best of our knowledge, Bitcoin has not been made illegal by legislation in most jurisdictions. However, some jurisdictions (such as Argentina and Russia) severely restrict or ban foreign currencies.
gripflierGO

Activity: 533

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 12:08:00 PM

To the best of our knowledge, Bitcoin has not been made illegal by legislation in most jurisdictions. However, some jurisdictions (such as Argentina and Russia) severely restrict or ban foreign currencies.

ya thats true Argentina, Russia have restricted use of bitcoins in their respective countries but others countries are open to it. I mean they haven't declared that bitcoin is illegal and i think no one has control over the bitcoin so it's difficult to keep the track record of bitcoins.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 12:25:06 PM

Its legal but basically the problem that bitcoin is facing is that many of the countries are not used to it and the reason is the corrupted Government of the country who is not allowing it to be legal and generally people who are not used to it are scared of scams and dont show their willingess to accept it.

then you can change country to do your business, the cool thing about bitcoin is that not every government is banning or regulating it, there would always be some zone with freedom

and i think that people want to use it but they are intimidating by their asshole governments and banks
stromma44

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 09:15:23 PM

ofcourse it is legal but some of the country's still don't know about it or still thinks its danger well tjey are even right for some points too it can be dangerous if we don't use it well..peoples are the only one who are making it legal and govenments are the one who are making it illigal because it can put a full stop on their curruption

That's Perfect. Even i think its legal but as many countries are not aware about the bitcoins they hesitate in using it even the merchants are not aware once the adoption and awareness level go high the use of bitcoin would increase but the Government is creating a barrier.
MRKLYE
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Designer - Developer

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2015, 09:28:53 PM

Check out this cool interactive map covering Bitcoin legal status globally. I don't think I have seen something like this anywhere.

What the future holds for the world where utmost people’s and companies’ interests clash daily, the time will only show.

You’re welcome to a full and comprehensive guide to the legal status of Bitcoin throughout the world with a unique interactive
map providing access to a visual history of cryptocurrency regulation.

Very interesting map you have there.

I think as BTC continues to get exposure via media outlets and other sources we will see more use.
Sadly alot of negative press surrounds BTC and I think this may limit the adoption rate for a while.
With guys like Karpeles running around it makes the ecosystem quite dangerous for newcomers and veterans alike.

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄████▀▀`````````▀▀████▄
███▀```````````````````▀███
███`````````````````````````███
██```````````██``██````````````██
██````````▄▄▄▄██▄▄██▄▄▄▄`````````██
██`````````▀██████████████▄````````██
██`````````````███`````▀████`````````██
▐█▌`````````````███`````▄███▀`````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███████████▄``````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███```````████````````▐█▌
██`````````````███`````▄▄████````````██
██`````````▄██████████████▀````````██
██````````▀▀▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀▀`````````██
██```````````██``██````````````██
███`````````````````````````███
███▄```````````````````▄███
▀████▄▄`````````▄▄████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
FREE
BITCOINS.com

`````````▄
````````▄█▄
``````▄█████▄
`````█████████
```▄███████████▄
``███████████████
`█████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██▌▀███████████████
`██``▀████████████
``██▄```▀████████
```▀███▄▄`█████▀
``````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FAUCET
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

``````````````````▄▄▄▄▄▄
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````██████``██████
``````````██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████

██████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

XCHANGE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````````▄
`````````▄██
```````▄████
`````▄██████████▄
`````▀███████████▄
```````▀████``▀████
█``````▄`▀██````▀██
██▄````██▄`▀``````█
████▄``████▄
`▀███████████▄
``▀██████████▀
```````████▀
```````██▀
```````▀

SWAP
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PolarPoint

Activity: 672

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 09:41:00 PM

We can see a trend here. Weak economies tends to ban bitcoin. They see Bitcoin is a threat to their weak currencies, they have to ban it.
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 02:53:46 PM

IMO , definition about bitcoin forbidden : Bitcoin because it is forbidden but goverment still not make any policy or regulation in order to enforce the bitcoin using. So people still can use bitcoin for their own responsibilty.

About restricted use of bitcoin, Goverment has made a policy about using bitcoin. For someone break the law, they will get jail.
Am I explained it right ?

For my answer for OP question,
I think bitcoin is legal but depend on state do you live..
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: