Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:39:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin Legal?  (Read 12881 times)
kaisa

Activity: 560
Merit: 145

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 06:11:40 PM

bitcoin can be legal or illegal depending on the country itself, if the country is smart and able to set the bitcoin then it is the right decision.
however, when the country has not been able to manage bitcoin, it does not mean the country is stupid, because every country knows their own position to legalize bitcoin.
bitcoin problems not only on the security aspect, but internet access user support that has not spread all over the country. the readiness of the state to make regulations about KYC on each user, tax issues, money laundering, gambling, and many others to set.
In conclusion, each country has its own policies.

german1080

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2018, 08:02:32 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2018, 08:13:25 PM by german1080

I am from Argentina and here bitcoin is not prohibited to invest in cryptos, it is slightly regulated, but in Chile I read that some banks are regulating the cryptos
Greenkarki

Activity: 420
Merit: 19

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 07:11:31 AM

I am from Argentina and here bitcoin is not prohibited to invest in cryptos, it is slightly regulated, but in Chile I read that some banks are regulating the cryptos

It depends upon on the country which you reside. Some country's it is legal and some countries announced bitcoin as illegal. It purely depends on the government of the country. The main reason government not allows bitcoin is it dominate local fiat's. People are forget to use local currency once bitcoin is accepted.

Kromoshom

Activity: 8

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 07:58:11 AM

I think the legal status of Bitcoin and the digital currency is still a hot debate to date, but significant progress is evident in some countries
BennyK

Activity: 672
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 02:53:07 PM

Bitcoin has changed lives positively and the governments of these areas where is it restricted and forbidden know about it. Bitcoin and its Blockchain create job opportunities which goes a long way to enhance the economy of a country yet most governments are not in support just because it is decentralized which ensures no authoritative body in full control of Bitcoin and its transactions.

rolerVX

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 09:14:08 AM

It depends upon on the country which you reside. Some country's it is legal and some countries announced bitcoin as illegal. It purely depends on the government of the country. The main reason government not allows bitcoin is it dominate local fiat's. People are forget to use local currency once bitcoin is accepted.

Then it should be the main problem of the government incase the people get crazy to bitcoin. For example instead put money for the necessary needs they put it to investment. Somehow it should not forget the condition of the country where bitcoin can lien on. To consider the condition is one of the main way before recognizing bitcoin in the country. It should be a blessings and not a curse. The laws is depends on the country.
jelzsavellon

Activity: 73

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:58:15 PM

I think its depend upon the situation, because when someone using bitcoin in the wrong way its become illegal,,, but if you use it in a Right way it will be legal therefore using bitcoin in a nice way and helping other people..
cryptojac17

Activity: 490
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 01:07:39 PM

I think its depend upon the situation, because when someone using bitcoin in the wrong way its become illegal,,, but if you use it in a Right way it will be legal therefore using bitcoin in a nice way and helping other people..
I think legality of bitcoin will only for  a certain nations but they don't have  any jurisdiction outside their country because we all knows that bitcoin is no boundaries, and you cannot stop your citizens from using  bitcoin if it used in good faith. Unless otherwise being used in illegal activities.

Purplefinder

Activity: 45

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 05:04:08 PM

Yes it is legal, in many countries across the world.

QuynhVu2302

Activity: 63

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:29:09 AM

Bitcoins are not fully recognized, even in countries where bitcoin is accepted, most of them still consider bitcoin as a commodity or as a stock, not as a currency. There are still a lot of issues to be addressed in order for Bitcoin to be completely legal
GideonGono

Activity: 2030
Merit: 501

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2018, 07:56:01 AM

Well there are some left countries that aren't implementing bitcoin , but lets say 80 percent know and implementing bitcoin or legalizing bitcoin on the country , and the other percentage which is 20 percent let's say , still doubting the bitcoin and that 20 percent is on some asia countries.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Tengcreneng

Activity: 144

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 09:48:06 AM

What is clear in my country Bitcoin still not legal and do not know when will be legalized. But I also do not really follow the development of other countries that have legalized Bitcoin or not. And I hope someday Bitcoin can be legal in my country even all countries can legalize it.
Domenc

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 10:04:15 AM

One can easily see that nearly 1/4 of the world considers Bitcoin as proper commodity and made it legal rest there are so many countries where it is still unregulated and more than that countries where there is restricted use and which include one of the most populated countries like China and India. I consider the countries where it is restricted as critical as they ban ban its use at any time. It will be very hard to grow if such huge populated countries step down from crypto currency system.
djadmika

Activity: 87
Merit: 40

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2018, 12:03:37 PM

Bitcoin is a decentralized digital currency which is fast (we can do transaction within seconds only), cheap (low fees transaction or even free) and secure (no risks on losing like on fiat money). As far as I know owning bitcoin is not illegal as long as we use it for right purpose although there are some debates in some countries about using and trading digital money. In Indonesia (My beloved country) owning bitcoin or other digital assets is not a crime, but we are not allowed to use it for transactions/payments. That’s means all transactions/payments must use our fiat money.
qwertyup23

Activity: 2254
Merit: 787

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 10:16:43 PM

Check out this cool interactive map covering Bitcoin legal status globally. I don't think I have seen something like this anywhere.

What the future holds for the world where utmost people’s and companies’ interests clash daily, the time will only show.

You’re welcome to a full and comprehensive guide to the legal status of Bitcoin throughout the world with a unique interactive
map providing access to a visual history of cryptocurrency regulation.

The legality and status of bitcoin depends upon the country that you are staying. Most countries in Asia accept the utilization and transaction of bitcoin especially countries like Japan, and the Philippines as they are taking measures in order to improve and develop it for the public. While there are countries that view bitcoin as legal, other countries around the world prohibit the utilization of such due to many reasons, such as:

• Due to its decentralized nature, the government cannot regulate the use of bitcoin and they resort to prohibiting it;
  • Its anonymity factor in transactions makes it a perfect gateway and currency under the dark web for illegal transactions which can contribute to the criminality rate; and
  • Some banks see it as a threat to the economy and to the general public since investing into a foreign website may lead to scams and hacks.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
cryptorocket84

Activity: 104

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 12:40:26 PM

It all depends on your country whether or not it is legal, if we will tell ourselves the truth whole lots of things are not legal but we still do them, then how much more Bitcoin, we are talking about money here seriously when money is involve believe me man will not look at the legalization of it.
Chacha1000

Activity: 645
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 12:43:10 PM

Bitcoin is legal. I mean bitcoin have come this far over the years ,so many platforms and countries have come to embrace and appreciate bitcoin .
muneeb.zain

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 04:30:37 PM

Bitcoin mush be legalised throughout because it must be helpful to some extent
vessing

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 11:48:39 AM

The state must recognize that there are crypto-currencies.You just have to agree that they are, and that they are completely legal
Farahtenan

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 07:26:28 AM

Yes, this map does show the legal status of Bitcoin around the World. But if I think Bitcoin is not legal yet is not prohibited. It's just that the Government of every country does not want to legalize it. Yes, of course, the government has a compelling reason why so far not dared to legalize Bitcoin. If for me personally, this is not a problem, the most important thing I can still use Bitcoin as my investment assets.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: