Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:04:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin will never again be priced over $300.  (Read 4689 times)
oser41eric

Activity: 501
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 03:33:30 AM

Ya, the OP is taking a major chance on this thread by making such an ignorant assumption at this point. I can't comprehend anyone that thinks that bitcoin stops under the 300 mark. This height will melt soon.

I am with you here, all you have to do is use one of many brain cells we should all have. Manipulators are sitting with shed loads of coin and dollars to pump it, thinking they are just going to retire and leave it under $300 is crazy. Have to add I am liking these 220-300 rides on the backs of the hump backs. $300 by the end of the month but probably sooner than that.
tarzan2

Activity: 556

its not my fault

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 03:34:59 AM

Ya, the OP is taking a major chance on this thread by making such an ignorant assumption at this point. I can't comprehend anyone that thinks that bitcoin stops under the 300 mark. This height will melt soon.

I am with you here, all you have to do is use one of many brain cells we should all have. Manipulators are sitting with shed loads of coin and dollars to pump it, thinking they are just going to retire and leave it under $300 is crazy. Have to add I am liking these 220-300 rides on the backs of the hump backs. $300 by the end of the month but probably sooner than that.

i for one would love to see you right on this.. but i am curious what you base your claim on?

free bitcoin storage service! please send to: 1TArzAn26Wvw872Yw36JiBe21SEaypJTP
oser41eric

Activity: 501

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 03:41:33 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2015, 04:01:16 AM by oser41eric

i for one would love to see you right on this.. but i am curious what you base your claim on?

My claim is based on DMT like the OPs but I see things and people I have never seen before and they told me to look out because by the end of the month, it will be $300 again.
On a half serious note there is to much money wrapped up from whales for them to walk away from the bitcoin goldmine.
tarzan2

its not my fault

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 03:49:03 AM

hmm only thing dmt ever revealed to me is the dwarf miners that live under my bed that take whacks at my bitcoin minerz out of jealousy.. they can only mine gold.. oh and jebus.. he lives in the fronty part of my skull and likes to come out sometimes.. he talks to his papa and reveals the truth of everything and stuff but its all very dull i dont follow much of it.. hes kinda dweeb tho and talks too much

which is why i prefer crack these days.. cleaner and better smoke for u most def

Cconvert2G36

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 03:56:31 AM

Epic, just... epic.
AcoinL.L.C
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 06:18:00 AM

Bitcoin won't break $500 a coin, likely will sit around the ~$250 range with occasional jumps over $300 and below $200.

People need to start comparing Bitcoin to other payment methods, and they will clearly see why Bitcoin will never have enough demand to "go to the moon," most of Bitcoin's current users are speculators that have no clue what they are talking about.

Bitcoin's biggest issue is that is not consumer friendly: Buying Bitcoin is time consuming (and costly when you figure in fees associated with acquiring Bitcoin + risk of volatility), very slow (to reach 6 confirmations takes several hours... lately its been taking ~1 hour to get even a single confirmation), no ability to chargeback (this is NOT a plus), and other hassles (security issues, learning curve etc). The only thing Bitcoin is better than using the dollar for is to purchase illegal goods.
tarzan2

its not my fault

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 06:35:15 AM

Bitcoin won't break $500 a coin, likely will sit around the ~$250 range with occasional jumps over $300 and below $200.

People need to start comparing Bitcoin to other payment methods, and they will clearly see why Bitcoin will never have enough demand to "go to the moon," most of Bitcoin's current users are speculators that have no clue what they are talking about.

Bitcoin's biggest issue is that is not consumer friendly: Buying Bitcoin is time consuming (and costly when you figure in fees associated with acquiring Bitcoin + risk of volatility), very slow (to reach 6 confirmations takes several hours... lately its been taking ~1 hour to get even a single confirmation), no ability to chargeback (this is NOT a plus), and other hassles (security issues, learning curve etc). The only thing Bitcoin is better than using the dollar for is to purchase illegal goods.

You present a sound argument but the illegal goods aspect is also illegal services and which would incorporate lots of gray area type markets such like u say, I dont expect bitcoin to become the next paypal, but perhaps in a tier just below for anything not 100% white. I'm thinking even craigslist type exchanges bitcoin could very well become the standard of

At least at the moment there aren't many strong alternatives and bitcoin does have a certain ease of use lacking in other payment forms.. For one no account - wallet takes 30 sec to generate.. Also on the fly payments.. The confirmation thing I have noticed is highly dependent on the wallet used to send. I have been using mycellium lately and its almost 100% of the time 10 min per conformation

pleaseexplain

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 07:10:54 AM

I see bitcoin being a bit like electric bicycles (ebikes).

There are already lots of forms of transportation and most work fine for those that prefer each type for their particular needs. I see cars as being visa etc. Ebikes will fill a niche but that niche can be quite large worldwide.
Remember bitcoin is not and never set out to offer chargebacks. agree that is a drawback if competing for the car market but not for the ebike market which bitcoin is.

Bitcoin is ideal for non chargeback situations eg sending money to friends, relatives.

Agree it is cumbersome but some of that will improve when regulated exchanges etc are set up. also just like ebikes - they are what they are eg if it rains you get wet. If you want to stay dry use a car. It stops "mass" adoption but people that use visa also want the credit that goes with it so bitcoin was never going to appeal to that part of the visa market ie be "mass adopted".

Will it go to the moon? better to think it already has - I happen to think bitcoins true price is about $60 but considering it was $2 only a few years back it has already gone to the moon if you believed in it back then. I also think it is still on a strong growth as it has not even begun to fill its niche. So i see it going above $500 in a few years if not sooner. it may never be worth $10,000 but nobody involved with bitcoin promised that. they did not promise $250 but that is where we are.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 07:27:45 AM

this is exactly what bitcoin is doing right now, which doesn't means that it will be the trend of its future

the non speculators base is growing it just need time, the real bitcoin run started in 2013 essentially

volatility is only a problem related to the current market cap, will be a non issue in the future, if that rise to a certain level(much higher than the one of the 1200 peak)

6 confirmations aren't a real issue you could accept pending transactions without problem(those one 1 are exception and again it is because of the price not being stable so the diff swings too much, it all come from there)

the irreversible transaction is actually a good thing, how many are evading from paypal because of that...

for you last sentence i would not say illegal goods, but i would say; at doing thing more anonymously
Benjig

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 07:29:03 AM

There are already lots of forms of transportation and most work fine for those that prefer each type for their particular needs. I see cars as being visa etc. Ebikes will fill a niche but that niche can be quite large worldwide.
Remember bitcoin is not and never set out to offer chargebacks. agree that is a drawback if competing for the car market but not for the ebike market which bitcoin is.

Bitcoin is ideal for non chargeback situations eg sending money to friends, relatives.

Agree it is cumbersome but some of that will improve when regulated exchanges etc are set up. also just like ebikes - they are what they are eg if it rains you get wet. If you want to stay dry use a car. It stops "mass" adoption but people that use visa also want the credit that goes with it so bitcoin was never going to appeal to that part of the visa market ie be "mass adopted".

Will it go to the moon? better to think it already has - I happen to think bitcoins true price is about $60 but considering it was $2 only a few years back it has already gone to the moon if you believed in it back then. I also think it is still on a strong growth as it has not even begun to fill its niche. So i see it going above $500 in a few years if not sooner. it may never be worth $10,000 but nobody involved with bitcoin promised that. they did not promise $250 but that is where we are.

Bitcoin is the next gold value, as you can see the gold is just dissapearing from all the places some countries had it hidden, i think at some point after the economic revolution, Bitcoin will start be using as a real store of value.. and those bears will regret how they sold. Tongue
tarzan2

its not my fault

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 07:32:56 AM

Bitcoin is the next gold value, as you can see the gold is just dissapearing from all the places some countries had it hidden, i think at some point after the economic revolution, Bitcoin will start be using as a real store of value.. and those bears will regret how they sold. Tongue

hey could you help me find one of these economic revolutions? i have been looking for one for a while now.. i dont think they make them anymore.. but if you want to start one im sure it would become popular quick. but im also sure your life expectancy, as the terrorist flavor of the day, would not be a taste u would enjoy.. the established economic order is so entrenched in the world live i think it would take some serious flavors like fuckin rocky road to take that shit down

Benjig

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 07:43:02 AM

hey could you help me find one of these economic revolutions? i have been looking for one for a while now.. i dont think they make them anymore.. but if you want to start one im sure it would become popular quick. but im also sure your life expectancy, as the terrorist flavor of the day, would not be a taste u would enjoy.. the established economic order is so entrenched in the world live i think it would take some serious flavors like fuckin rocky road to take that shit down

Well just leave them as a collateral investment "waiting to explode" , but don't lose confidence on them, cause you will feel better if you lost some usd from 5, 10 or idk the amount of bitcoins you can have, than if it explodes with you having many btcs in the past but at that moment no one.

Also, those "revolutions" are just ahead the corner, you are just too adapted to your familiar environment and you cant see the evidence. I bet no one believed around 1938 the reality they were going to had just two or 3 years later..  the big changes will not make any warnings until you have them right in front of you. And for me its been a long time since all the people started complaining about the USD, EURO, economy, and all related.
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 08:04:24 AM

Point 1: people said it would never reach dollar parity.  People said it would never break the $32 ATH bubble.  People said it would never be $100.  People said it would never breach the $266 ATH again.  People said it would never hit $1000.  People say a lot of near sighted garbage, just like you're doing now.

Point 2: "Other payment methods" is a multi Billion dollar industry.

Point 3: give it time.  Most new tech, especially at a protocol level is raw.  I don't see you using a text browser, or using a dialup program to start your inet connection..

Point 4: several hours for 6 conf?  Just... No.

Point 5: No charge backs.  Has its pros and con's depending on views

Point 6: illegal goods?  Again, a multi billion dollar industry.

There is IMO so much untapped potential here that your complaints remind me of a child whining that he didn't get the chocolate bar he saw at the check out stand while grocery shopping with his parents.
GÜNther.Danish

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 08:37:37 AM

there is nothing absolute in the world, even $500 is still possible
Feri22

Activity: 748

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 08:46:21 AM

I find no entertainment value in owning or using Bitcoin, certainly not enough to account for any meaningful percentage of its value.

I am willing to pay towards the profit of a movie (its value to its creators exceeding its cost) because I find personal value in consuming it.

Apart from the (highly unlikely) "Bitcoin as a collectors item" thing, I don't see a realistic parallel in your argument...

Ben

Then why are you here? I really don't get people like you, you don't like something and you have unbeliavable need to tell it to everyoene...so? Nobody gives a shit what you think, bitcoin is about to take off sooner or later either you like it or not...It's always the same again and again...and again...buy now and have patience or be even more butthurted that you missed it...AGAIN...Good luck buying coin at 10 000 USD rate
Whitehouse

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 08:59:33 AM

I find no entertainment value in owning or using Bitcoin, certainly not enough to account for any meaningful percentage of its value.

I am willing to pay towards the profit of a movie (its value to its creators exceeding its cost) because I find personal value in consuming it.

Apart from the (highly unlikely) "Bitcoin as a collectors item" thing, I don't see a realistic parallel in your argument...

Ben

Then why are you here? I really don't get people like you, you don't like something and you have unbeliavable need to tell it to everyoene...so? Nobody gives a shit what you think, bitcoin is about to take off sooner or later either you like it or not...It's always the same again and again...and again...buy now and have patience or be even more butthurted that you missed it...AGAIN...Good luck buying coin at 10 000 USD rate

They're called trolls and trying to stoke up responses is their goal. Just think about it, if you had little to no interest in bitcoin you wouldn't be here but they usually either do have bitcoin and like to troll or have none or lost it or their money so vent their frustrations this way. Best solution is to just ignore them but most people can't resists feeding them so they stick around until they get bored.

randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 09:04:00 AM

buying bitcoin here is very easy. i can buy bitcoins and receive them in my pc wallet within 60 seconds. fee's are only € 0.50 per transaction for buying.
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2015, 09:32:38 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2015, 09:49:13 AM by afbitcoins

I tried to pay for a VPS using mastercard the other day however my bank saw fit to block the payment going through, not only that they then blocked my account for suspicious activity and the fraud dept phoned me the next day. They even started asking for my details my date of birth etc even though they initiated the call which I of course refused to give them. Eventually after I called them explaind yes it was me trying to do the transaction, it wasn't suspicious etc they removed the block.

The fun part is after all that I noticed paying with bitcoin was an option for that VPS. I credited the account with appropriate amount of bitcoin and it went through virtually straight away. No hassle. No bank getting in the middle blocking what I want to do.

Point of all that is that as a payment mechanism bitcoin was far easier for me.

This doesn't even go into the value bitcoin gets from its other monetary properties. The thing I like best is that the quantity is not controlled by some centralised authority eg like XRP or like fiat dollars as a store of value bitcoin could turn out to be better than gold

Whitehouse

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 10:15:41 AM

I tried to pay for a VPS using mastercard the other day however my bank saw fit to block the payment going through, not only that they then blocked my account for suspicious activity and the fraud dept phoned me the next day. They even started asking for my details my date of birth etc even though they initiated the call which I of course refused to give them. Eventually after I called them explaind yes it was me trying to do the transaction, it wasn't suspicious etc they removed the block.

The fun part is after all that I noticed paying with bitcoin was an option for that VPS. I credited the account with appropriate amount of bitcoin and it went through virtually straight away. No hassle. No bank getting in the middle blocking what I want to do.

Point of all that is that as a payment mechanism bitcoin was far easier for me.

This doesn't even go into the value bitcoin gets from its other monetary properties. The thing I like best is that the quantity is not controlled by some centralised authority eg like XRP or like fiat dollars as a store of value bitcoin could turn out to be better than gold

That phone call and block is just a security measure by your card company and one that bitcoin doesn't have. If someone made an unauthorized purchase with your card I'm sure you'd be pretty appreciative of the safety systens and even if it went through you'd be able to get your money back eventually. If the same happens with bitcoin you're pretty much screwed so both systems have their positives and negatives and drawbacks.

AcoinL.L.C
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 05:02:16 PM

Point 1: people said it would never reach dollar parity.  People said it would never break the $32 ATH bubble.  People said it would never be $100.  People said it would never breach the $266 ATH again.  People said it would never hit $1000.  People say a lot of near sighted garbage, just like you're doing now.

Point 2: "Other payment methods" is a multi Billion dollar industry.

Point 3: give it time.  Most new tech, especially at a protocol level is raw.  I don't see you using a text browser, or using a dialup program to start your inet connection..

Point 4: several hours for 6 conf?  Just... No.

Point 5: No charge backs.  Has its pros and con's depending on views

Point 6: illegal goods?  Again, a multi billion dollar industry.

There is IMO so much untapped potential here that your complaints remind me of a child whining that he didn't get the chocolate bar he saw at the check out stand while grocery shopping with his parents.

Your points smell like all the other people hoping to get rich quick off of Bitcoin. Yes, the other methods are a multi billion dollar industry, what does that have to do with anything? They are much more efficient and scalable than Bitcoin. Did you know that Visa alone (forget other credit card companies) handles as many transactions in 3 minutes as all the Bitcoin transactions in a day? The blockchain would collapse if it were put to any real use.

Yes, several hours for 6 confirmations. I use MultiBit as my wallet, and it takes ages to pay for anything. People will not want to wait even 5 minutes to pay for anything in a physical location.

Chargebacks is a huge con for consumers. This is actually one of the reasons Bitcoin will never get even 5% of the worlds population to use it.

Illegal goods is a billion dollar industry. It just happens to be Bitcoins main use, whereas its not the dollars.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: