Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:09:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gweedo's Escrow Service  (Read 2369 times)
gweedo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 01, 2012, 04:21:21 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2019, 01:40:39 PM by gweedo

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bytedisorder

Activity: 489
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2012, 09:04:27 PM

Is there any way for the end user to have a read only wallet, say like in an blockchain.info format but read only so that they can verify that the balance is still there. I think this would add a layer of trust. What do you think?
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2012, 09:08:24 PM

Hope you're going to be legal with this venture  Roll Eyes

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2012, 09:13:55 PM

Hope you're going to be legal with this venture  Roll Eyes

Can you point out a time when I was not legal with any of my ventures? Cause I am always legal.

Ok then, good luck with your venture. Will use your service when I have the need.

PS: I can probably advertise you on Rugatu, but I guess you still think they are scammers, dunno

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
jasinlee

Activity: 742

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
September 01, 2012, 09:15:03 PM

+1 I vouch for him. Good Peoples.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2012, 09:23:44 PM

... and I will not be taking your business cause of your past ventures, which I think are morality wrong to some degree so thank you.

I beg your pardon? Are you trolling your own thread?

paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2012, 09:35:04 PM

... and I will not be taking your business cause of your past ventures, which I think are morality wrong to some degree so thank you.

No I just don't want to take your business. My business my rules.

Feel free, I would not put even 1 satoshi in your escrow before seeing proper feedback. Being the web developer that you are, I saw you have invested some great time and effort making that google spreadsheet for your service.

And cut me some slack with your morals, because we're in the same boat dude, let's not ruin it. Good luck with your business.

BitcoinINV

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2012, 10:38:37 PM

No I just don't want to take your business. My business my rules.

Feel free, I would not put even 1 satoshi in your escrow before seeing proper feedback. Being the web developer that you are, I saw you have invested some great time and effort making that google spreadsheet for your service.

And cut me some slack with your morals, because we're in the same boat dude, let's not ruin it. Good luck with your business.

You would get further yelling at a brick wall lol, Yea he told me he was "one of the best on the forum" that sure don't show any quality work. I mean if I was a pro programmer as he states I would be trying to show my work off... just saying

bytedisorder

Activity: 489

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2012, 08:19:41 AM

*SHAMELESS PLUG ALERT*

Gweedo if you want to advertise your service you can do so here: bitcoinadsmart.com

Cool Cool

But seriously there is no way to have bitcoind post the balance to a webpage that is associated to the escrow account. I mean obviously it could be a fake number. Are you going to have an interface for users to deposit and withdraw and for parties in waiting to see visibly that the funds are in escrow?
jasinlee

Activity: 742

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 05:27:29 AM

I like how it ended, crap they are pointing out my exploits! Let me get the last word then lock the thread. I am awesome!

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2012, 11:53:40 AM

Nice, now we're talking  Smiley

About the other guy, we all could avoid this kind of situations if the bounty coins are put into escrow in the first place, on a specialized platform like Rugatu. You know what I am talking about, the content creators are assured to get paid even if the original bounty creator backs out. But this will take time to get into peoples minds, because right now they think escrow is only useful for physical items delivered to them, not for creative content.

oldschool

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 05:49:15 AM

http://gweedoescrow.phpfogapp.com/
 I will not be buying a domain for this project since this is still a small project.

I'll offer a free domain and hosting for this project if you'd like...
gweedo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 06:08:34 AM

I will not be buying a domain for this project since this is still a small project.

Thanks but I think I am all good, but please if you have hosting and a domain, give it someone that can really use it for a great bitcoin project, I rather see it go to something more than an escrow service.
oldschool

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 06:14:09 AM

Thanks but I think I am all good, but please if you have hosting and a domain, give it someone that can really use it for a great bitcoin project, I rather see it go to something more than an escrow service.

I'm just trying to get a good reputation as I came here to test my bitcoin integration in checkout for my hosting company and offered some great deals but I think people may be worried it's a scam,from reading the forums it seems like people will only do business if you are established
gweedo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 06:21:11 AM

I'm just trying to get a good reputation as I came here to test my bitcoin integration in checkout for my hosting company and offered some great deals but I think people may be worried it's a scam,from reading the forums it seems like people will only do business if you are established

Just keep hustling, and remember we all worked from your position up.
oldschool

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 06:27:24 AM

Thanks, and sorry for derailing the thread!
gweedo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 06:28:22 AM

Thanks, and sorry for derailing the thread!

Naw no problem, good luck and if you want any advice or anything you can always PM me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: