Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:35:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Nxt and the rise to the top.  (Read 13414 times)
Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 04:10:48 PM

But in answering your questions, for others, because the REALITY and the FACTS as of this moment, fully available to anyone, support that opinion fully.

Please present them, with blockchain data that is fully available to anyone, to allow our discussion to continue.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 04:19:30 PM

But in answering your questions, for others, because the REALITY and the FACTS as of this moment, fully available to anyone, support that opinion fully.

Please present them, with blockchain data that is fully available to anyone, to allow our discussion to continue.

I know this is probably a shock to you but NO ONE even looks at the blockchain, alright? Just the parents' basement stoner jerkoffs, get it? And the people that actually code, of course.No users, adopters, people piked by the possibilities of the platform... nobody. No reason for it at all. People need only to look at the price fluctuations to see the REALITY of that particular debacle, why would anyone look at the blockchain to corroborate that, even if they were so inclined? It's utter nonsense. And you know it.

And for the "intimidating factor" well, there's insn't anything to learn on that respect by looking at the blockchain, is there? They just have to read a few posts, or the forum, or the other thread, or wikipedia, or the seemingly thousands of other sources of further intimidation... even if they were really hard on "getting to know" NXT what, as of this moment, is one of the coins that has lost more money in the last few months of all the 555 coins listed on Coinmarketcap... what would be the incentive? You may or may not know this but people goes where the money goes. And it has been MANY MONTHS since it last went NXT's way.

QAnyway, I'm done with the subject. Adding anything else would be absurdly contributing to the clutter.
Daedelus

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 05:07:09 PM

Ok. Well thanks for your opinion. I can't agree with you as correlation is not equal to causation (I don't believe brushing my teeth this morning made the sun rise).

If you do find some evidence to support your opinion, please post it here and we can continue the discussion from there.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 05:33:18 PM

Ok. Well thanks for your opinion. I can't agree with you as correlation is not equal to causation (I don't believe brushing my teeth this morning made the sun rise).

If you do find some evidence to support your opinion, please post it here and we can continue the discussion from there.

You keep on looking to the blockchain, it'll serve you as well as it has so far...
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 05:33:30 PM

Please provide info on which trading houses are having problems with the wallet, if you can. I would like to get them some help. I haven't heard the problem you claim since Mintpal were saying they were interested in integration.

Sorry that I forgot to respond to this. Cryptsy is THE house that I know very well off that has had and still has continuous problems with NXT... as recently as 2 weeks ago with withdrawals not being possible FOR OVER A WEEK!. It is a well know fact that Cryptsy has had all kinds of problems with NXT since the very beginning and they don't seem to be even close to resolves for they continue to pop up.

I guess you were kind of counting on my not providing a straight answer (that would be a first, just for you to know). There have been others, including the one you mention too but I don't hyave first person, direct knowledge of them, therefore I don't mention them specifically. Cryptsy, being one of the biggest, I guess qualifies enough, right?

So, to put the baby to rest so to speak, IT IS INDEED A PROBLEM that a correlation clearly exists between the "success" of the platform and the decimation suffered by the price in recent months. FACT.

It is more than probable, for a huge percentage of crypto users will agree with that (and no, I don't have the specifics, but you yourself, in another thread, offer the BIGGEST corroboration of this possible), that the complexity of the coin, the wallet and the project, defined by me as the "intimidation factor", would precisely be he CAUSE you so direly are looking for FACT number one. Which, of course, were the points I wanted to hammer across in search of corrective solutions, before they were (tried to) diluted by you and other fan boys absolute nonsense in the last 2 pages of posts.

So, I would suggest that an efforts of significant proportions should be made to significantly REDUCE that complexity and to try to eliminate the "intimidation factor". I am convince such efforts could produce significantly positive results in adoption, at least inside crypto. And by that I mean going WAY BEYOND the scope of what has been done so far that, frankly, has only contributed to a clutter of "information" near impossible to sort out and, again, producing the exact opposite of the expected effect: Scaring people off rather than inform them and, through that information, making the intimidation disappear. I would even suggest something like one of two videos, as a good starting point. Perhaps a very simple FAQs section in the BTCT thread and on the Forum... NOT OPEN TO "CLARIFICATIONS" OR DEBATE, just simple, straightforward answers to common question. Perhaps also a whole thread dedicated to people who is new to the coin and (separated) the platform, in which to bring up the very basics along with the new features, again, in a simple, easy to understand BY EVERYONE, manner. I don't know, there are many actions that should be taken... first one, by a long shot, eliminating condescending post from fan boy jerkoffs with an agenda. Or, in more "civilized" terms, the solution would start only when recognition that the problem exist is achieved. In your particular case, starting by admitting that, precisely, yourself. Then -and only then- a debate, a productive one, is possible.

Not very likely, I'm afraid, if my intuition is to be trusted...

SuperNET will go a long way towards making NXT(and other cryptos) accessible.

The default mode of the GUI is a 'basic' mode, while the 'advanced' mode is built on top the NXT NRS, which I assume is one of the things you take issue with.

The Jay framework (http://jnxt.org/jay/) also falls under the umbrella of SuperNET and is going to provide something that's more lightweight.

There's all kinds of different things going on now that aim to improve the user experience.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 05:47:19 PM

Please provide info on which trading houses are having problems with the wallet, if you can. I would like to get them some help. I haven't heard the problem you claim since Mintpal were saying they were interested in integration.

Sorry that I forgot to respond to this. Cryptsy is THE house that I know very well off that has had and still has continuous problems with NXT... as recently as 2 weeks ago with withdrawals not being possible FOR OVER A WEEK!. It is a well know fact that Cryptsy has had all kinds of problems with NXT since the very beginning and they don't seem to be even close to resolves for they continue to pop up.

I guess you were kind of counting on my not providing a straight answer (that would be a first, just for you to know). There have been others, including the one you mention too but I don't hyave first person, direct knowledge of them, therefore I don't mention them specifically. Cryptsy, being one of the biggest, I guess qualifies enough, right?

So, to put the baby to rest so to speak, IT IS INDEED A PROBLEM that a correlation clearly exists between the "success" of the platform and the decimation suffered by the price in recent months. FACT.

It is more than probable, for a huge percentage of crypto users will agree with that (and no, I don't have the specifics, but you yourself, in another thread, offer the BIGGEST corroboration of this possible), that the complexity of the coin, the wallet and the project, defined by me as the "intimidation factor", would precisely be he CAUSE you so direly are looking for FACT number one. Which, of course, were the points I wanted to hammer across in search of corrective solutions, before they were (tried to) diluted by you and other fan boys absolute nonsense in the last 2 pages of posts.

So, I would suggest that an efforts of significant proportions should be made to significantly REDUCE that complexity and to try to eliminate the "intimidation factor". I am convince such efforts could produce significantly positive results in adoption, at least inside crypto. And by that I mean going WAY BEYOND the scope of what has been done so far that, frankly, has only contributed to a clutter of "information" near impossible to sort out and, again, producing the exact opposite of the expected effect: Scaring people off rather than inform them and, through that information, making the intimidation disappear. I would even suggest something like one of two videos, as a good starting point. Perhaps a very simple FAQs section in the BTCT thread and on the Forum... NOT OPEN TO "CLARIFICATIONS" OR DEBATE, just simple, straightforward answers to common question. Perhaps also a whole thread dedicated to people who is new to the coin and (separated) the platform, in which to bring up the very basics along with the new features, again, in a simple, easy to understand BY EVERYONE, manner. I don't know, there are many actions that should be taken... first one, by a long shot, eliminating condescending post from fan boy jerkoffs with an agenda. Or, in more "civilized" terms, the solution would start only when recognition that the problem exist is achieved. In your particular case, starting by admitting that, precisely, yourself. Then -and only then- a debate, a productive one, is possible.

The default mode of the GUI is a 'basic' mode, while the 'advanced' mode is built on top the NXT NRS, which I assume is one of the things you take issue with.

The Jay framework (http://jnxt.org/jay/) also falls under the umbrella of SuperNET and is going to provide something that's more lightweight.

There's all kinds of different things going on now that aim to improve the user experience.

Really? Please take another look at this video linked in that page: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74tdKxKVZHU

I will not even add anything else, it really does speak volumes by itself.
Daedelus

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 08:25:47 PM

Cool, I hadn't seen that vid. I like Alex's videos, and how he helps those who want to build on Jay..
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 08:37:29 PM

Really? Please take another look at this video linked in that page: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74tdKxKVZHU

I will not even add anything else, it really does speak volumes by itself.

It says in the title that it's a development video though.

The point is that the foundations are being laid out to build on top of. Things will become more abstracted over time as people continue working on improvements.
JackRipper

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 09:41:13 PM

I've heard a lot of hype about what SuperNet is going to do for NXT, VeriCoin, Opal, etc... And I hope that it does. SuperNet is an ambitious project, and sometimes the really big projects don't always work out. I hope that NXT isn't hanging all its hopes on SuperNet. I'd hate to see NXT go down if SuperNet fails. NXT has too much going for it to allow that.

Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 09:54:53 PM

I've heard a lot of hype about what SuperNet is going to do for NXT, VeriCoin, Opal, etc... And I hope that it does. SuperNet is an ambitious project, and sometimes the really big projects don't always work out. I hope that NXT isn't hanging all its hopes on SuperNet. I'd hate to see NXT go down if SuperNet fails. NXT has too much going for it to allow that.

From what I can tell it's not at all. There's a good amount of separation between the two projects from my viewpoint.
Sonny91BE (OP)

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 03:14:01 PM

NXT has nearly doubled in value the last 2 weeks. coming from 3000 satoshi to nearly 6000 ! Prices aren't even at half the previous peaks .. Much more room to grow. Interesting to see how it will develop.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 09:11:54 PM

Well, doubled is a little bit overrated. From the deepest point to todays value the price increased about 60%. There is some more space to reach the double value  Wink But you are right, the price did make a big jump.

NXT has nearly doubled in value the last 2 weeks. coming from 3000 satoshi to nearly 6000 ! Prices aren't even at half the previous peaks .. Much more room to grow. Interesting to see how it will develop.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 09:15:58 PM

I bought a lot of NXT when it was 8-something and before this rise.  To the moon!

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 09:55:37 PM

I bought a lot of NxT at 8000+ when Bitcoin was at 1000$
And it dropped to 3000 with a BTC at 230$ and now a little rise to 6000 wow amazing! Nxt the top of the top
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 09:58:04 PM

And it dropped to 3000 with a BTC at 230$ and now a little rise to 6000 wow amazing! Nxt the top of the top

Amazing trader Shocked Sad

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Djinou94
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 10:28:38 PM

Im not trader
There is nothing to be clever when the price dropped to 3000
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 10:32:42 PM

Im not trader

My comment was regarding buying altcoins when btc was 1000+ $  Wink

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Djinou94
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 10:54:08 PM

Im not trader

My comment was regarding buying altcoins when btc was 1000+ $  Wink

Yes of course it's easy now i came in this cryptoworld during the big bubble so bad
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 11:31:15 PM

This is why i bought Nxt at 7k, 6k, 5k, 4k and 3k. Everytime the same amount + 10% when a new low level has been reached. if i took the average of all the buy transactions i made a little gain so far at the current price.
TinEye

Activity: 639

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 04:58:24 AM

Anyone here that feels the SAME and has something to add to this lack of marketing ?

Its more to do with real world use or rather a lack of it. Its a great product but not something which is necessary at present.. The value you see now is purely speculative and there is not much need to have more than BTC as a speculative token.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                                                   ▄█████████                  ██████
                                                                   ███    ███                 ██   ██
         ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████    ██████████████████████   ████████▀
        ██            ▄█          █▄                 █▄          ███            █▄          █        ▄██▀
       ██            ██           ███                ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███            ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ██   █████▀
       ██   █████    ██   ████   ████   ██     ██    ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██    ██████   ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██   ████▀
      ██    █████   ██    ████   ████   ██     ██   ██          ███   ██████   ██          ██   ████▀
      ██            ██           ███   ███    ███   ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀███            ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀██   ▀▀▀████
      ███           ██▄            █   ██     ██    ██▄          █             ▀█▄          ██      ███
       █████████   ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: