Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:36:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: *BTC Poolwatch* - no new dev for now  (Read 33426 times)
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2011, 09:46:19 PM

Was that a convoluted request to add triplemining? If so, I'll second that. But I don't think they do user apis, only pool stats.
No, actually, someone else requested it, he tried and the API was broken so he was going to e-mail the admins.  I was just providing potentially useful information.  That said, TripleMining provides API keys to users, so I should think they would have per-user stats.  However, those may not be at the same URL, I wouldn't know.

EDIT:  I guess one could find out easily enough since the API on the workers page is a link...  http://api.triplemining.com/json/<APIKEY>

yep - triple just added it yesterday - talk about coincidence!

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rearwheels (OP)

Activity: 444
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 04:06:47 PM

Minor update to the "Pool Stats" page.

Added a show of count down to new difficulty
Code:
6d 08:06:40 to new difficulty: 1,826,161
gnar1ta$
Donator

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 07:22:26 PM

Just wondering if there was an update on adding NoFeeMining.com??

Added nofeemining.com!  Grin

thx
sent some coin

Losing hundreds of Bitcoins with the best scammers in the business - BFL, Avalon, KNC, HashFast.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2011, 12:45:24 AM

Minor update to the "Pool Stats" page.

Added a show of count down to new difficulty
Code:
6d 08:06:40 to new difficulty: 1,826,161

Nice addition rw!

btw, pool speed on eligius has a bug:

Eligius
[Speed:0 ByteH/s]
Confirmed Rewards: 0.31658895
[Estimated: 0.0]

rearwheels (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2011, 02:59:42 AM

Eligius pool speed fixed.

The only pool that does not return json. Cheesy
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 28, 2011, 05:38:27 PM

rearwheels would you be willing to add some basic earnings/accounting section.

Im thinking it would be nice to use btc poolwatch that allready combines the confirmed/unconfirmed and estimated earnings in one block for all listed pools however it would be even more usefull if we could select an earnings range or at the very least have 24hr earnings calculated for confirmed/unconfirmed/estimated earnings.

This way we could more easily figure out what we made in a 24hr cycle compared to expected returns based on hashrate. Users on more than one pool it starts to get tricky to keep accurate 24hr cycle track of earnings.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
The00Dustin

Activity: 807

View Profile
July 28, 2011, 07:41:19 PM

Im thinking it would be nice to use btc poolwatch that allready combines the confirmed/unconfirmed and estimated earnings in one block for all listed pools however it would be even more usefull if we could select an earnings range or at the very least have 24hr earnings calculated for confirmed/unconfirmed/estimated earnings.

This way we could more easily figure out what we made in a 24hr cycle compared to expected returns based on hashrate. Users on more than one pool it starts to get tricky to keep accurate 24hr cycle track of earnings.
Yours isn't the first request for a feature that would require the server to store our information and poll our data whether we are actually using the page or not.  It probably won't be the last either.  That said, if you had read through the thread, you would have learned that our API keys are stored ina  cookie on our computer and the data from the servers is only retrieved from the pools when we request it by loading the page.  Given those two constraints, there is no way he can tell you what you earned in the last 24 hours or what your overall average hash rate for the last 24 hours was.  Changing this design would be 1) a privacey concern and 2) potentially harmful to the pools due to the number of constant API requests coming in, so I doubt rearwheels is interested in doing such a thing.  However, if you could get your pool(s) to include that data in the data returned by the API i should imagine that he'd be happy to add it to his page and perform math on it where doing so would make sense.
Clipse

View Profile
July 28, 2011, 08:05:51 PM

Yours isn't the first request for a feature that would require the server to store our information and poll our data whether we are actually using the page or not.  It probably won't be the last either.  That said, if you had read through the thread, you would have learned that our API keys are stored ina  cookie on our computer and the data from the servers is only retrieved from the pools when we request it by loading the page.  Given those two constraints, there is no way he can tell you what you earned in the last 24 hours or what your overall average hash rate for the last 24 hours was.  Changing this design would be 1) a privacey concern and 2) potentially harmful to the pools due to the number of constant API requests coming in, so I doubt rearwheels is interested in doing such a thing.  However, if you could get your pool(s) to include that data in the data returned by the API i should imagine that he'd be happy to add it to his page and perform math on it where doing so would make sense.

Thanks for assuming I wasnt aware of how btc poolwatch cache the stats in a cookie, unfortunately I was.

My request would obviously suggest an accounts section / users actually logging in. This is part of the request for such a feature and I cant imagine it not being possible to implement.

The question would be would they want to add such features, I guess not. This isnt the end of the world as I have other means to go about this, it would just have been an easier approach to get the same thing done.

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
The00Dustin

Activity: 807

View Profile
July 28, 2011, 08:16:46 PM

Clipse,
I'm not part of the BTC-Poolwatch project, so don't consider it 100% apparent that they wouldn't want to add such features.  I was simply supplying reasons why it isn't feasible with the current setup and why it wouldn't necessarily be a great idea to do such a thing on a mass scale anyway (even an open-source tool for individuals to do this could end up taking down a pool the same way a DDoS attack could if it started spreading like wildfire, much like hoppers sometimes bring down a pool by monitoring it heavily while not even hashing at it).
Dustin
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2011, 03:21:45 AM
Last edit: July 29, 2011, 04:04:54 AM by organofcorti

Clipse,
I'm not part of the BTC-Poolwatch project, so don't consider it 100% apparent that they wouldn't want to add such features.  I was simply supplying reasons why it isn't feasible with the current setup and why it wouldn't necessarily be a great idea to do such a thing on a mass scale anyway (even an open-source tool for individuals to do this could end up taking down a pool the same way a DDoS attack could if it started spreading like wildfire, much like hoppers sometimes bring down a pool by monitoring it heavily while not even hashing at it).
Dustin

Sorry - I couldn't let this go. Hopper proxies (and non-hopper proxies) only monitor webpages if there is no json feed. We have emailed pools that don't supply feed data in json and recommended one. Most proxies only update website data once every couple of minutes, and I would have been doing that manually. If a pool isn't ready for hoppers, it isn't ready for fulltime miners either.

[/rant]

rearwheels (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2011, 03:56:56 AM

Yours isn't the first request for a feature that would require the server to store our information and poll our data whether we are actually using the page or not.  It probably won't be the last either.  That said, if you had read through the thread, you would have learned that our API keys are stored ina  cookie on our computer and the data from the servers is only retrieved from the pools when we request it by loading the page.  Given those two constraints, there is no way he can tell you what you earned in the last 24 hours or what your overall average hash rate for the last 24 hours was.  Changing this design would be 1) a privacey concern and 2) potentially harmful to the pools due to the number of constant API requests coming in, so I doubt rearwheels is interested in doing such a thing.  However, if you could get your pool(s) to include that data in the data returned by the API i should imagine that he'd be happy to add it to his page and perform math on it where doing so would make sense.

What he said.

Thanks Dustin.
Clipse

View Profile
July 29, 2011, 04:08:52 AM

What he said.

Thanks Dustin.

Ok, that leaves something for me to do Wink

rearwheels (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2011, 04:11:16 AM

Thanks for assuming I wasnt aware of how btc poolwatch cache the stats in a cookie, unfortunately I was.

My request would obviously suggest an accounts section / users actually logging in. This is part of the request for such a feature and I cant imagine it not being possible to implement.

The question would be would they want to add such features, I guess not. This isnt the end of the world as I have other means to go about this, it would just have been an easier approach to get the same thing done.

Hi Clipse,

It is certainly possible to implement what you've mentioned. It's just that when I first set out on this project, I only wanted to be able to keep tabs on my miners on multiple pools at one glance. I was using this for my own use with hardcoded API tokens since I was the only user.

Later I made some modifications so that every one here can get to use it. And using only cookies to store user's information reduces the implementation time and effort tremendously (as opposed to getting users to register and login). That's 2 hours coding something simple vs 2 days coding plus testing plus hitting forget password and checking emails, etc.

One thing I've been thinking of implementing, is to have a user token (32 char random characters, similar to the API token) that will be unique to each user. This user token will be tied to all your pools' API tokens. So a user will remain anonymous, and this will be a step closer to implementing what you've mentioned.

However, I don't have a timeline for this as I only work on this in between rebooting my rig, upgrading catalyst versions and re-balancing the GPUs on each rigs. Smiley

Clipse

View Profile
July 29, 2011, 04:14:28 AM

Hi Clipse,

It is certainly possible to implement what you've mentioned. It's just that when I first set out on this project, I only wanted to be able to keep tabs on my miners on multiple pools at one glance. I was using this for my own use with hardcoded API tokens since I was the only user.

Later I made some modifications so that every one here can get to use it. And using only cookies to store user's information reduces the implementation time and effort tremendously (as opposed to getting users to register and login). That's 2 hours coding something simple vs 2 days coding plus testing plus hitting forget password and checking emails, etc.

One thing I've been thinking of implementing, is to have a user token (32 char random characters, similar to the API token) that will be unique to each user. This user token will be tied to all your pools' API tokens. So a user will remain anonymous, and this will be a step closer to implementing what you've mentioned.

However, I don't have a timeline for this as I only work on this in between rebooting my rig, upgrading catalyst versions and re-balancing the GPUs on each rigs. Smiley

I hear ya, its hard enough at times to manage your own mining farm and then still get requests like mine Wink

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2011, 04:14:43 AM

I really enjoy the fact that I actually understood you're talking about there. I'm not sure anyone outside the forum would though  Cheesy

rearwheels (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2011, 04:50:07 AM

Actually I'm looking to build one of these as a next project after btc-poolwatch.

http://linuxfocus.org/English/July2002/article239.shtml

rearwheels (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 03:46:14 PM

Apologies, server is down.
rearwheels (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 10:07:28 AM

Server is back up...after a freaking 20hr+ down time.

I've sourced for a new webhoster and will move the server/code over next week.
rearwheels (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2011, 09:50:27 AM
Last edit: August 08, 2011, 10:59:37 AM by rearwheels

Hi guys,

I'm migrating to the new server. The DNS will take up to 48 hours to propagate.

No action is necessary on your part.

The server is now in US instead of Asia, so it should be faster for most of you.

"Software Engineering 101: Keeping fingers crossed after hitting enter."

*edit: pointed to the wrong DNS server. Have updated and thus you may experience a slight downtime due to the name servers pointing to the wrong dns I gave. Damn murphy's law.

max in montreal

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 05:20:45 AM

Actually I'm looking to build one of these as a next project after btc-poolwatch.

http://linuxfocus.org/English/July2002/article239.shtml

I read somewhere once that a guy placed 2 pc close enough that he reset one pc by opening the cd tray of ther other... Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: