Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 02:47:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What coin will replace DRK/DASH ?  (Read 3981 times)
XMRChina

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 12:52:50 AM

Anon coins are just an excuse for pump and dump schemes. Period.
I'll never use a coin that isn't anonymous. Being stuck with a transparent blockchain would be a dystopian nightmare. I'd rather just scuttle cryptocurrency altogether at that point. This should be rather obvious to anyone with even a halfway functioning brain.

Then all anon coins are better than Bitcoin.

Not all anon cryptonote are better than Bitcoin. All protocols either bitcoin protocol or cryptonote protocols are safe (in term we never loose coin, because blockchain is protected by network) the only advantage of cryptonote over bitcoin is anon. But if you dont mind doing comparison again, BBR(stand for Boolberry) has enhanced cryptonote by inventing blockchain reduction(by pruning ring signature), fast pow wild keccak with scratchpad, wallet address aliasing, network alerts, nice gui wallet. Which result very fast synchonization with network, smooth transactions not to mention anonimity.

The only cons of cryptonote (not BBR) is blockchain size,  just try to resync XMR, it will take days, while Boolberry only needs few hours/minutes. Good practice of crypto is users should backup the blockchain regularly. You might notice recent BTC blockchain problems, it will happen again and again, syncing with network is really pain and wasting time unless blockchain backed up regularly, but also huge blockchain is difficult to be backed up regularly (daily backup for at least 10 days record).

I admit BBR has some nice features. However ignoring the community size and level of developer interest (which I think is very important) XMR may have another advantage.

Could it not be argued that not pruning is safer from a security standpoint (XMR does not prune)?

The dev team of BBR served the task of solving technical problems, and it has been never failed doing that. I think that is enough.

The full intact blockchain with all ring signature is provided. Check the website, there is a link to it.

Even if a coin like BBR is technically sound, it is hard to attract merchants and more developers if the founding developer is no longer active.

We all know Satoshi is gone but BTC development continues. However Bitcoin attracted a lot more development interest before Satoshi left than BBR has so far.

Monero has by far the largest community of all cryptonote coins today. It was the first cryptonote coin after the bytecoin 80% premine scam.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 02:14:16 AM

The full intact blockchain with all ring signature is provided. Check the website, there is a link to it.

A website you say? Is that something like paypal?
-Lux-

Activity: 200

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 04:21:50 AM

Shadowcash will replace it

SHADOW ◈ Anonymous POS ◈ Ring Signatures ◈ Encrypted Messaging ◈
SHADOW ◈ Open Source Project ◈ User Friendly Wallet ◈ Built-in Anonymous Market ◈
SHADOWHOME PAGEFORUMWIKI
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2015, 04:47:01 AM

Another insta-accident-mined coin with a brainwashed cult of NSA-node loving, centralization having, non-crypto knowing fuck-ups will replace dash. Or they'll just change the name again  Wink

Furio
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 05:06:59 AM

Why so much hate on Dash? You can say what you like, tech wise superiour to any other anon coin in my book...

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2015, 05:32:08 AM

Why so much hate on Dash? You can say what you like, tech wise superiour to any other anon coin in my book...

Your book is wrong. I'd read another one.

Furio
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 06:22:58 AM

Good arguments Smiley

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2015, 06:50:36 AM

Good arguments Smiley

As good as yours but here you go:

Masternodes are human dependent points of failure that have as much business being in a crypto-system as a hole at the bottom of a bucket--keep on plugging it.  Wink

@bb

Activity: 137

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 05:22:09 AM

http://boolberry.com/downloads/windows/blockchain.bin

That's link for full blockchain.
Bavaria

Activity: 1032
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 10:48:08 AM

Monero, Vanillacoin or Cloak with their decentralized non techs will replace the shit called Dash.
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2015, 11:10:29 AM

this is what shadow has had for months it works and we just improved on the ring signatures by 40% and added bip 32 addresses beta test it here http://shadowtalk.org/topic/437/v1-3-testnet
-Lux-

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 03:44:58 PM

this is what shadow has had for months it works and we just improved on the ring signatures by 40% and added bip 32 addresses beta test it here http://shadowtalk.org/topic/437/v1-3-testnet
bumping for greatness

SHADOW ◈ Open Source Project ◈ User Friendly Wallet ◈ Built-in Anonymous Market ◈
SHADOWHOME PAGEFORUMWIKI

Activity: 288
Merit: 102

Yin Yang religion of wisdom, harmony

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 05:52:06 PM

Most anon coins will replace DRK/Dash.

Why?
¶ It fails the KISS principle 'Keep it simple stupid.'
¶ Massive premine
¶ 4th generation "X"coin, Sifcoin (X6) of which Qarke is a copy of followed by Qubitcoin (X5) 
¶ Master terminology is from an era long gone and against crypyo ideology of decentralization
¶ Closed source "instand-X" revealed itself to be just another copy
¶ Kamikaze move of re-branding to a crisp clean laundry detergent
¶ To many forks anyone cares to count
¶ Same bunch of scoundrels who scream buy my endless free produced coins coming out my dark a... 
¶ Taxed
¶ Zero chance of being on coinbase or other reputable place and old crowd alienated with rebranding move
¶ Never any volume as coins tied up for no other reason as to make the starting misshapes worse with every passing day
¶ Snake Oil
¶ Well known pathetic paid story writers prostituting themselves and take on any client
¶ 3rd party dependable human points of failure
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1134895.0
¶ . . . .

Thank you for not sending browny points, much appreciated.

4D Torus Earth https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5042249.msg46425670#msg46425670
vervolioman

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 05:54:49 PM

Time to get your bets on whoever chooses right will make a small fortune. I hope and think Monero will replace Dash.

What use is a signature?
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 05:55:14 PM

Most anon coins will replace DRK/Dash.

Why?
¶ It fails the KISS principle 'Keep it simple stupid.'
¶ Massive premine
¶ 4th generation "X"coin, Sifcoin (X6) of which Qarke is a copy of followed by Qubitcoin (X5) 
¶ Master terminology is from an era long gone and against crypyo ideology of decentralization
¶ Closed source "instand-X" revealed itself to be just another copy
¶ Kamikaze move of re-branding to a crisp clean laundry detergent
¶ To many forks anyone cares to count
¶ Same bunch of scoundrels who scream buy my endless free produced coins coming out my dark a... 
¶ Taxed
¶ Zero chance of being on coinbase or other reputable place and old crowd alienated with rebranding move
¶ Never any volume as coins tied up for no other reason as to make the starting misshapes worse with every passing day
¶ Snake Oil
¶ Well known pathetic paid story writers prostituting themselves and take on any client
¶ 3rd party dependable human points of failure
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1134895.0
¶ . . . .

Did you miss the launch and are now jelly?  Cry
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2015, 06:47:54 PM

GorillaBucks once people get over their disdain for me personally and actually look at the coin for what it is

bbreconomy

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 03:23:25 AM

http://boolberry.com/downloads/windows/blockchain.bin

That's link for full blockchain.

Boolberry really is a great coin and friends towards later adopters. Unlike the 80% BCN premine and very fast mine at XDN before any innovation occured (and while the name was ducknote and then darknote) BBR is really great. Nice GUI, mixin solution, unique hashing algorithm, and supernet inclusion.

For all those waiting for devs to release new innovation and tired of delays, check out BBR. It was a polished product quickly after release last year and the emission schedule is very friendly for those just learning about it now. Its market cap is also only a tiny fraction of XDN and BCN at the moment
Jungian
Legendary

Activity: 930
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 03:06:16 PM

Monero is a pretty safe bet.

I think Monero (XMR) is very interesting.
https://moneroeconomy.com/faq/why-monero-matters
wizardee

Activity: 666
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 07:24:10 PM

CloakCoin will no1 anon coin that only matter of time now!
-Lux-

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 04:48:02 AM

CloakCoin will no1 anon coin that only matter of time now!
number 1 lol with what coin mixer... SDC is what you looking for

SHADOWHOME PAGEFORUMWIKI
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: