Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 01:20:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BITCOIN TECHNICIANS PLEASE HELP!!!! URGENT"  (Read 2327 times)
unseenbutheard7 (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 12:37:06 PM

what is trolling?

And I sent the btc from my gox account to my wallet, what is irregular about that? What is irregular is that i havent recieved it!

Sad Sad Sad
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 12:38:16 PM

what is trolling?

And I sent the btc from my gox account to my wallet, what is irregular about that? What is irregular is that i havent recieved it!

Sad Sad Sad

Meh, just wait for the blockchain to download. At what percentage it's right now?

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
unseenbutheard7 (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 12:52:05 PM

Dude, I really hope the money is just waiting for confirmation and will appear in your wallet.

But seriously, here's what I don't understand:
Please tell me that this is something that can be fixed and that my physical £200 isnt floating around in cyberspace, i work really hard for my money and I need this resolved.
How the F*CK do people mess around with money they can't afford to lose, doing crazy shit they clearly don't understand Huh

(this is meant as a constructive warning, not to scoff)

As long as you don't exactly understand what you're doing, DON'T FUCK AROUND WITH LARGE AMOUNTS OF MONEY! (where "large" = anything you can't afford to lose)
Try with pennies first, until you thoroughly understand what you're doing.

Thanks for advice and i totally agree. This is why i started with small 100, 200, 300 transactons. the £1300 transactions went down fine the other was well. i am well-read on the whole procedure and studied it meticulously.  Somehow my BTC vanished Sad
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 12:52:54 PM

There is 104.43388381 BTC stored at 1FtWDqjyiuPVzh3tabdb7XoWnVX6gVEg1M

Once the full blockchain is downloaded, the coins should be in your wallet.

unseenbutheard7 (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 12:54:55 PM

what is trolling?

Sad Sad Sad

Meh, just wait for the blockchain to download. At what percentage it's right now?

only for 300 blocks left. There is definitly a £100 incoming that i deposited into MT GOX on saturday (non bank day) that will show up once the GOX account accepts transfer today (first business/banking day of since my deposit on saturday) and when the block chain updates.  But thats only the £100 I put in to cover the loss of the £200.  I need that £200 worked my ass off to get it Sad Sad Sad

Please help if you can.. thanks.

Any updates on that block reference i posted before??
unseenbutheard7 (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 01:09:00 PM

I dont have that address in my RECIEVE COIN address in my Wallet though!!!   Sad Sad
ObviousSock

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 01:09:09 PM

I dont have that address in my RECIEVE COIN address in my Wallet though!!! Sad Sad
It is probably a change address.

Might I recommend you use http://blockchain.info for a wallet until you get a better grasp of the nuances of bitcoin?
unseenbutheard7 (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 01:11:28 PM

I dont have that address in my RECIEVE COIN address in my Wallet though!!! Sad Sad
It is probably a change address.

Might I recommend you use http://blockchain.info for a wallet until you get a better grasp of the nuances of bitcoin?

Im looking at that weblink and its nicely laid out etc, but i am familiar with the process so thanks for the link it will help for my tools Smiley

But what is a change address? this is why i emailed gox to ask if if they could reroute that to my wallet in stead of being stuck in limbo but they referred me to the forum to speak to "the bitcoin technical team who can help you resolve your missing btc issue as the transaction is finalized from our end)

Sad Sad
unseenbutheard7 (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 01:22:29 PM

UPDATE:

Bit chain fully updated and still not BTC in wallet Sad bitcoin techteam please help me here.. these people are saying that my bitcoin is showin up somewhere 1FtWDqjyiuPVzh3tabdb7XoWnVX6gVEg1M but i dont have that in my recieve wallet address list or anything, and i need that btc badly!!

Literally need bad and read all the procedures and have had several successful transactions.. so please advise on how to resolve gettin my cash back Sad (btc)
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 01:29:08 PM

UPDATE:

Bit chain fully updated and still not BTC in wallet Sad bitcoin techteam please help me here.. these people are saying that my bitcoin is showin up somewhere 1FtWDqjyiuPVzh3tabdb7XoWnVX6gVEg1M but i dont have that in my recieve wallet address list or anything, and i need that btc badly!!

Literally need bad and read all the procedures and have had several successful transactions.. so please advise on how to resolve gettin my cash back Sad (btc)

you need to find out whom this address belongs to.

it SEEMS to be your mtgox deposit address (if thats the case you should contact mtgox support again: i dont know what mtgox does if you withdraw money from mtgox to mtgox)

have you backed up your wallet.dat and restored it recently? if thats the case it COULD be thats its your address (but then its lost...)
unseenbutheard7 (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 01:29:26 PM

might sound stupid (anon btc) but is there anyway of me contacting the owner of address:
1FtWDqjyiuPVzh3tabdb7XoWnVX6gVEg1M:to get my 100+ btc back?!?!?!?

thanks
unseenbutheard7 (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 01:30:24 PM

yeah i have a backup but dont know how to run it/apply it.
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 01:30:50 PM

This is not a change address. You can view the transactions for that address here: http://blockchain.info/address/1FtWDqjyiuPVzh3tabdb7XoWnVX6gVEg1M

From what you have written, it seems that your bitcoins are exactly where they should be but you thought for some reason they should be visible in your wallet without having the blockchain downloaded.

I'll try to put this as nicely as I can:  You have some very WRONG impressions about the way bitcoin works. For your own sake, do some more reading on the subject before attempting any more transactions.

Still around.
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 01:31:49 PM

yeah i have a backup but dont know how to run it/apply it.

please dont apply it right now.

but i still think the problem is that you never owned that address.

if you go to your mtgox account to the add funds page. which bitcoin address does it show there?

there is now way to find the owner of a bitcoin address. you just have to remember. sorry.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 01:37:50 PM

I dont have that address in my RECIEVE COIN address in my Wallet though!!!   Sad Sad

What I don't understand: why did you send money to an address that is not one of your receiving addresses? Where did you even get that address from?

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 01:48:55 PM

might sound stupid (anon btc) but is there anyway of me contacting the owner of address:

thanks

Yes. Write a very short message, convert to binary, and send the binary numbers as coin to the address. If the owner is even a little into crypto, he or she will get the message.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 02:19:30 PM

3) yes i copy pasted that WITHDRAW TO address from my GOX account history.
And, for heaven's sake, *why* exactly?

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 02:52:46 PM

This is very confusing. If that address isn't in your wallet, you've lost them.

edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 03:05:54 PM

It could only be my wallet i have withdrawn funds to EVER, although new address for each one, my wallet is only wallet ever to recieve BTC.

You say you copied that address directly from your Mt. Gox history and that you've only sent coins to yourself, therefore the address must be yours.

The blockchain shows a successful transaction so Mt. Gox hasn't done anything wrong and, as you should know, the transaction is irreversible so they can't "take back" the funds and redeposit them into your Mt. Gox account.

You successfully sent about 28.25 bitcoins to this address about six days ago. If it isn't yours, you should remember who you sent them to.

Still around.
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1032

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 03:52:16 PM

thanks

There is no registry or database of who owns what address. Googling will sometimes reveal an address's owner, if, for example, it is a donation address that is posted on the web.

Bitcoin has two lists of addresses: "Receive Coins", which is where you create your own addresses for people to send money to you, and "Address Book", where you can store addresses that belong to other people for future sending. Both of these screens give you the ability to label addresses so you can notate who sent you coins, or remember frequently used addresses that you send money to.

If you used an address from "address book" as the address to withdraw MtGox Bitcoins, you have essentially sent money to someone else. You should look at your own past transactions to locate who the owner of this address is, since the address is likely in your address book because you previously sent Bitcoins to the address's owner.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: