Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:40:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Who will ship their ASIC products first?  (Voting closed: November 03, 2012, 01:17:48 AM)
BTCfpga's bASIC - 44 (29.9%)
BFL' SC product line. - 79 (53.7%)
OpenBitASIC - 6 (4.1%)
Other? - 18 (12.2%)
Total Voters: 147

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Whose ASIC will ship first?  (Read 4012 times)
Korbman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 04:51:54 PM

Seems to be a hint to availability/function
BFGMiner is the one that works best so far, but I'm sure CGMiner will work just as well when the code is added.
From BFL_Josh

Good find, thanks for posting that.

quasarbtc

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 05:28:07 AM

Has anyone seen any information on initial shipment quantities? Or how any of these companies will decide initial shipment sizes?
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 08:17:06 PM

whichever company has produced the asic first would be stupid not to wait with shipping until another company has finished it's asic.
mining in the meantime will make a fortune...
So company A creates ASICs, and starts mining on them. The difficulty triples (at least), and the entire network hates them. Company B comes out with an ASIC, and starts shipping, so Company A stops mining, and starts shipping?

I can guarantee you, no one would ever buy from Company A again, and there would be many returns.

Agreed. It's one thing to test out the hardware a bit here and there to make sure it meets specs, but if it turns out Company A was mining on the hardware to make some quick cash I'd be super pissed...mainly because they're now selling me a used product.

Even "testing ASICs a bit here and there" on the main net when product is not available to customers hurts existing GPU and FPGA miners - it directly takes away their profits under the pretense of "testing". There is testnet-in-a-box available, and any manufacturer testing on the main net is simply dishonest: it's not about testing, it's about taking away profits from miners.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: