Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:57:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin trading strategy  (Read 13698 times)
Redones (OP)

Activity: 320
Merit: 261

Web developper

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 07:01:00 AM

I'm starting trading with bitcoins a couple of month already i buy low and sell high but really i wanna know if there are any strategies or equations to follow to know which time is perfect to buy or sell  or which is not and so on ......
rarlnette

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 09:19:44 AM

if you are interested even in small profits try arbitrating
coinpr0n

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 09:49:18 AM

(I'm not a trader) As you said, buy low - sell high. Also, since I usually prefer to gain my bitcoins position rather than fiat, I try to take advantage of downtrends to short more coins. As for reading graphs (which I am especially bad at) you may want to look at the EMA lines, especially the crossings.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 10:08:05 AM

everyone is leveraging with shorting positions this days, this is the strategy, also try to operate in an exchange with the lowest fee possible, because you need many small movements which are done frequently, to increase your income
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 11:45:57 AM

I'm starting trading with bitcoins a couple of month already i buy low and sell high but really i wanna know if there are any strategies or equations to follow to know which time is perfect to buy or sell  or which is not and so on ......
I think you will only know that if you have been experienced it. Experienced is the best way to know or to learn how to know when you will buy or sell your coins.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 12:13:51 PM

I'm starting trading with bitcoins a couple of month already i buy low and sell high but really i wanna know if there are any strategies or equations to follow to know which time is perfect to buy or sell  or which is not and so on ......

I guess there is only one strategy in the cryptocoin world that works in the long haul (apart from arbitrage, of course), that is, to follow big fish and not get caught in the way (unless you are the big fish indeed)...

Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036

/dev/null

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 12:29:23 PM

ahh keep in mind that is mega stressful to day-trade bitcoin, at least for me it was.) better is to buy at current prices and HODL!.)
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 12:52:20 PM

You can either follow the charts or trade based on news event or better rely on both as indicators. Usually i will rely on moving averages so that i can spot the trend especially if there is a reversal or when price is at oversold position. Nevertheless try not to take unnecessary risk when it comes to trading.

BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 01:11:59 PM

I'm starting trading with bitcoins a couple of month already i buy low and sell high but really i wanna know if there are any strategies or equations to follow to know which time is perfect to buy or sell  or which is not and so on ......
I think you will only know that if you have been experienced it. Experienced is the best way to know or to learn how to know when you will buy or sell your coins.

If you juse depends on your own experience you will fall again and again. At least you must need someone to guide you in this bitcoin. This is not like books that can be learned in one or two days. This is your future here, if you lost now you will lost your future too. But if this good so your future is already in your hand
Dotakels

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 01:50:46 PM

If you juse depends on your own experience you will fall again and again. At least you must need someone to guide you in this bitcoin. This is not like books that can be learned in one or two days. This is your future here, if you lost now you will lost your future too. But if this good so your future is already in your hand
No i didn't failed when i tried again because i'm  avoiding the wrong things that i have done . After doing that my work or my strategies in trading are good and great. It helps me a lot
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 02:04:15 PM

No i didn't failed when i tried again because i'm  avoiding the wrong things that i have done . After doing that my work or my strategies in trading are good and great. It helps me a lot

How lucky are you? Just in one try you can avoid all of that mistakes. I struggle hard from this bitcoin. At first to know bitcoin I always in losing, get some and lose it again and I keep making the same mistake but now after I learn bit by bit I guess now Im ok
Dotakels

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 02:31:37 PM

How lucky are you? Just in one try you can avoid all of that mistakes. I struggle hard from this bitcoin. At first to know bitcoin I always in losing, get some and lose it again and I keep making the same mistake but now after I learn bit by bit I guess now Im ok
I also tried so many times not only 1 try. Me too always losing but its ok. Having a wrong things is a normal people if we didn't failed we won't learned.
scryptasicminer

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 05:57:14 PM

Figure out production cost and the demand.
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 06:32:54 PM

Probably the safest way to make money with trading bitcoins is through arbitrage. This means that you see an opportunity to buy an bitcoins in one place for a certain price and sell it immediately at another place for a higher price. It is important that you know you can sell the bitcoin immediately at a certain price. If you wait - then this is no longer arbitrage trading, but speculation.
Go and have a look at the price differences between exchanges and check out if you can find good opportunities.

The other way to earn Bitcoins from trading is simple speculation. In this case you would buy Bitcoins, wait until the price increases, then sell for a fiat currency.
When the price drops again, you buy more Bitcoins and start all over. If you are lucky or can predict price of btc you will earn some money from this.
boopy265420
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 06:35:23 PM

There is not such a strategy to trade Bitcoin. The simple rule which applies everywhere I mean in every trade that will work here too.That rule is buy Bitcoin when prices are low and sell them back when you see up trends.You need not to be greedy just go after small profits and you will always win some profit.
trafficolaa
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 06:53:11 PM

i think trading can be little risky if you dont have much knowledge about market trend because sometime many prediction goes into wrong direction so if you low and it go more low than what action you will take in that kind situation?
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 07:16:32 PM

I`m not a trader myself, but only sell off at obvious gossip and all that stuff like when mt.gox were going to effect the prices back in the day.

I have a friend who day trades, but he also takes a loss at times so you really have to know what youre doing more of cash managment then trading since you dont know when it`ll fall hard.

Id point on that he does have a strategy, but its much more harder then you think esp w. how breaks down his TA (technical analysis).
Dotakels

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 03:46:05 AM

i think trading can be little risky if you dont have much knowledge about market trend because sometime many prediction goes into wrong direction so if you low and it go more low than what action you will take in that kind situation?
Yeah its more on knowledge about trading and also you must have a good attitude to have a good traders and also prediction is not really happened or not true .
gjosue

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 09:33:18 AM

there has been tons of topics like this. if there is a bulletproof strategy - no one will give it away. only lure you into cranking up the trading volume
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 10:15:49 AM

most important thing is patience. if you have that then trading is very easy and it requires very low effort. buy low sell high.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: