Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:35:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin trading strategy  (Read 13704 times)
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 04:07:23 PM

trading strategy just need patience, if you see bitcoin down, please dont panic sell.
or you use martiangle strategy.

Yes I agree on that, everything you do will always need a patience but how do you trading with martingale method? Is that even work for trading? Because what I know is martingale is only for gambling and you really need a lot of cash to do it but trading some people dont have a good bitcoin to do martingale

For every dollar you lose in bitcoin, buy bitcoin for two dollars!

I dont think this can be a good way to earn back what you loss. It will be just like a spending your money to buy again and again, you can cover the loss from trading because the profit that you get can't cover it. It is not like a gambling that can double your money when you win so your loss will be covered

Do you mean that it works in gambling?

Yes its true. For trading that is a bad idea to do martingale because you need to spend most of your fiat to buy bitcoin but with gambling I guess some people prove it that its working and at least you can cover your loss and still get some profit with it. I just experienced it before and after that I loss them all to because I was too greedy  Grin
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 04:21:49 PM

trading strategy just need patience, if you see bitcoin down, please dont panic sell.
or you use martiangle strategy.

Yes I agree on that, everything you do will always need a patience but how do you trading with martingale method? Is that even work for trading? Because what I know is martingale is only for gambling and you really need a lot of cash to do it but trading some people dont have a good bitcoin to do martingale

For every dollar you lose in bitcoin, buy bitcoin for two dollars!

I dont think this can be a good way to earn back what you loss. It will be just like a spending your money to buy again and again, you can cover the loss from trading because the profit that you get can't cover it. It is not like a gambling that can double your money when you win so your loss will be covered

Do you mean that it works in gambling?

Yes its true. For trading that is a bad idea to do martingale because you need to spend most of your fiat to buy bitcoin but with gambling I guess some people prove it that its working and at least you can cover your loss and still get some profit with it. I just experienced it before and after that I loss them all to because I was too greedy  Grin

You will find a critique of this if you look around the forum. Basically there are two problems: 1 you might run out of means before you win, and 2 if you win, you win only the size of your first bet (while you set a much larger sum to risk).
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 04:25:00 PM

I don't say that averaging down is a good idea (unless you know what you are doing), but using martingale when betting is a sure way to lose in the long run. There is a multi-paged thread in the Gambling section of here just about that...

There is no winning strategy in gambling given the positive house edge

arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1414

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 06:26:34 PM

You will find a critique of this if you look around the forum. Basically there are two problems: 1 you might run out of means before you win, and 2 if you win, you win only the size of your first bet (while you set a much larger sum to risk).

Very true, I just stumbled upon this post to give critique about martingale. It is a strategy but not a winning strategy though. Add another third scenario for it, even if you have infinite balance there will be maximum bet in each sites that prevent you from keeping your martingale option

Martingale strategy in trading will have the same effect as martingale in a gambling sites which is a lose sooner or later but if you are truly good in trading especially in reading graphs than this strategy could be well applied to it

how do you trading with martingale method? Is that even work for trading? Because what I know is martingale is only for gambling

It could be applied for binary options trading since it will be just the same as the usual martingale strategy that is used for gambling though

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Agestorzrxx

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 09:36:42 AM

The best  strategy is buying now and never sell it until the price going to $10000. You can't think the price is only $200+, right?
arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 10:01:35 AM

The best  strategy is buying now and never sell it until the price going to $10000. You can't think the price is only $200+, right?

This is known as a long term strategy in BTC trading but as you know that this strategy is quite risky especially with the current state of the price where you can see that the price is declining day by day.

Your prediciton is a bit off there as no one could ever guarantee that the price is going to raise up because all we can see that the market itself is now controlled by pure manipulation of some group of whales.

Not to mention that satoshi himself said that there will be either alot of BTC transaction in the future or nothing.
This actually indicates that satoshi himself is not even sure about the future as things might happen

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
BTCevo
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 12:27:15 PM

Martingale strategy in trading will have the same effect as martingale in a gambling sites which is a lose sooner or later but if you are truly good in trading especially in reading graphs than this strategy could be well applied to it

how do you trading with martingale method? Is that even work for trading? Because what I know is martingale is only for gambling

It could be applied for binary options trading since it will be just the same as the usual martingale strategy that is used for gambling though

I guess that is true but it will have a lot of risk in doing martingale altough if you good in reading graphic and your analyze is almost perfect but you could make a mistake too so its too risky to do martingale in trading. Better to trade like usual and hope to get profit from it and dont expect too much from martingale things
arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 07:54:04 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2015, 09:17:28 PM by arallmuus

I guess that is true but it will have a lot of risk in doing martingale altough if you good in reading graphic and your analyze is almost perfect but you could make a mistake too so its too risky to do martingale in trading. Better to trade like usual and hope to get profit from it and dont expect too much from martingale things

Excellent skill in reading graphs and analysis is not a guarantee that you will never lose in trading. It is just as an insurance that will give you a better chance to "win" in trading. Golden rule of trading : each time someone get a profit, there will be someone who lost.
You cant always "win" in trading therefore there is a term to "cut loss' for pro trader

Actually the price has been pretty stable at around 220-240 USD since the end of January. If the price going up and down by $10 is "declining day by day" then you must be a day trader aiming at small movements. Most people don't care if it goes up or down by a few bucks and wait for a significant move like another $300 approach or a fall below $200.

Well you know me, Im not a day trader, a gambler suits me better  Wink. I just got some skills in reading graphs or so thus this enable me to know about this "small movement" which is declining day by day.
True that most people dont care unless the price goes up or down by atleast $25 or so but since this thread is about trading strategy that is why I posted that though to make people aware the declining prices  Wink

P.S : Plus I read alot of graphs analysis so yeah Smiley

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
FallenGods

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 08:35:51 PM

The mantra of Bitcoin Trading is Buy LOW Sell HIGH.
But it takes a lot of patience. You will have to wait for more than 6 months as the price might remain stable ( as you can see know ).

I have been trading bitcoins since 2012 and has been a nice investment. I buy low (-9%)  at LocalBitcoins and sell them at higher price (+2%)
Nice Strategy Wink
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 02:08:21 AM

The mantra of Bitcoin Trading is Buy LOW Sell HIGH.
But it takes a lot of patience. You will have to wait for more than 6 months as the price might remain stable ( as you can see know ).

I have been trading bitcoins since 2012 and has been a nice investment. I buy low (-9%)  at LocalBitcoins and sell them at higher price (+2%)
Nice Strategy Wink
Great job, so how much you would earn in that strategy? i think it is big because you buy your localbitcoin in less than 9% and you sell it more than 2% and its different is more than 11%,
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 07:08:22 AM

This is known as a long term strategy in BTC trading but as you know that this strategy is quite risky especially with the current state of the price where you can see that the price is declining day by day.

Your prediciton is a bit off there as no one could ever guarantee that the price is going to raise up because all we can see that the market itself is now controlled by pure manipulation of some group of whales.

Not to mention that satoshi himself said that there will be either alot of BTC transaction in the future or nothing.
This actually indicates that satoshi himself is not even sure about the future as things might happen

shorter strategy is risky too and more dangerous than just holding, also is less newbie friendly, you need to be a little professional to do it well

satoshi said that because for him bitcoin was still a test, i would like to know what he would say now...
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 07:48:40 AM

Good long term strategy, for short ones pick any promising altcoin and take a shoot on some additional income but is more gamble then income so pick one.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 04:07:47 PM

shorter strategy is risky too and more dangerous than just holding, also is less newbie friendly, you need to be a little professional to do it well

satoshi said that because for him bitcoin was still a test, i would like to know what he would say now...

Not really. Since there are two kinds of short term strategy here. The one that you mentioned is about day trading which need the skills to read graphs and the ability to take on profit for every margin of buy and sell .
The other kind would be a short term strategy which doesnt require the ability to read graphs or so. I.e buy 1 BTC at $235 and sell it tomorrow for $1 would be a great turn of profit.

The long term strategy on the other hand require much longer time and much more difference before someone willing to sell like almost difference of $25 before people willing to sell it because they thought that it is not worth it and of course lack of time to check the prices as well

P.S : Test or no, BTC has change a lot of people's life. Im grateful that I have the chance to know about BTC  Wink

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
BTCevo
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 05:30:54 PM

The best  strategy is buying now and never sell it until the price going to $10000. You can't think the price is only $200+, right?

Not really. Since there are two kinds of short term strategy here. The one that you mentioned is about day trading which need the skills to read graphs and the ability to take on profit for every margin of buy and sell .
The other kind would be a short term strategy which doesnt require the ability to read graphs or so. I.e buy 1 BTC at $235 and sell it tomorrow for $1 would be a great turn of profit.

The long term strategy on the other hand require much longer time and much more difference before someone willing to sell like almost difference of $25 before people willing to sell it because they thought that it is not worth it and of course lack of time to check the prices as well

P.S : Test or no, BTC has change a lot of people's life. Im grateful that I have the chance to know about BTC  Wink

Yes that is for a pro to read graph easilt, but not every people can read it easily and you must need some skill to read it anyway. And about the long term I guess some of them is trying to stack it as much as he can then he will sell it for the good price, not in this volatile price for now so long term strategy is a little bit hard to do, its better to get the daily profit its safety. I think everybody that play this bitcoin say that they are grateful because it changes their life for sure  Grin
Dotakels

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 01:40:42 AM

Good long term strategy, for short ones pick any promising altcoin and take a shoot on some additional income but is more gamble then income so pick one.
Yeah but you will wait a very long time and you must have patient and $200+ is ok . Its a big profit and not bad at all.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 07:29:17 AM

P.S : Test or no, BTC has change a lot of people's life. Im grateful that I have the chance to know about BTC  Wink

basically the other short strategy you are talking about is pure gambling, because without ta observation you can't go far away, one day you lose more than your lucky gain, unless you're farsighted and your actions do not stop soon
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 09:34:37 AM

I don't say that averaging down is a good idea (unless you know what you are doing), but using martingale when betting is a sure way to lose in the long run. There is a multi-paged thread in the Gambling section of here just about that...

There is no winning strategy in gambling given the positive house edge

In fact, as it has been said many times, the only winning strategy is to stay away from gambling altogether. So, if you are constantly losing at trading, maybe, it's better to stay away from trading as well?

azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 09:42:09 AM

Gambling is not strategy cuz house always wins.
Investing is long term good strategy.

Trading is always good so pick one.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 10:35:15 AM

basically the other short strategy you are talking about is pure gambling, because without ta observation you can't go far away, one day you lose more than your lucky gain, unless you're farsighted and your actions do not stop soon

More or less not the same. Actually you could have an alarm in your phone to warn you just incase the value is decreasing by X percentage from the price that you bought at . Using this simple application, I have been able to step away from major lost and gain profit overall.

Gambling on the other hand requires almost nothing but luck (im saying standard dice sites though other games may need a bit strategy). Farsighted had to do with reading graphs because you cant convince yourself to hold while you dont have the confidence about the price that may raise in the future if you had no such data

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Dotakels

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 12:20:45 PM

Gambling is not strategy cuz house always wins.
Investing is long term good strategy.

Trading is always good so pick one.
Hahahah you now that the house or the owner of gambling always won. They just win you in a little time and then you will lose in the following days or time that you went to their house. And in investing have a high risk so you won't assure that your coins will earn or not.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: