Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:01:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin trading strategy  (Read 13704 times)
dblink

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 03:14:45 PM

I'm starting trading with bitcoins a couple of month already i buy low and sell high but really i wanna know if there are any strategies or equations to follow to know which time is perfect to buy or sell  or which is not and so on...

Bitcoin Trading is best trading now a days, since it has tremendous positive variable, if you get into the Bitcoins Trading you can make lot of money, If you compare the exchange rates between previous months and now, you will see the marginal increase in exchange rates, so plan neatly to start Bitcoin Trading, and follow the very smart way to buy and sell in good exchange rates, you will see the best result.

Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 03:28:10 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2015, 04:44:19 PM by Slark

I'm starting trading with bitcoins a couple of month already i buy low and sell high but really i wanna know if there are any strategies or equations to follow to know which time is perfect to buy or sell  or which is not and so on...

Bitcoin Trading is best trading now a days, since it has tremendous positive variable, if you get into the Bitcoins Trading you can make lot of money, If you compare the exchange rates between previous months and now, you will see the marginal increase in exchange rates, so plan neatly to start Bitcoin Trading, and follow the very smart way to buy and sell in good exchange rates, you will see the best result.
tl;dr Bitcoin trading is a gambling it is not easy it is not predictable. You will never know if bitcoin marker react positively or negatively because of weird specific of our market.
Even the best and most positive news can go unnoticed. And panic can be caused even by minor neutral bitcoin news...
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 04:32:49 PM

I'm starting trading with bitcoins a couple of month already i buy low and sell high but really i wanna know if there are any strategies or equations to follow to know which time is perfect to buy or sell  or which is not and so on...

tl;dr Bitcoin trading is a gambling it is not easy it is not predictable. You will never know if bitcoin marker react positively or negatively because of weird specific of our market.
Even the best and most positive news can go unnoticed. An panic can be caused even by minor bitcoin news...

Although it is not predictable but there are some people out there that really good in analyzing the market so this is sure profitable to him and he can minimalize his loss through this though
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1414

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2015, 05:36:42 PM

so plan neatly .

Another mistakes for BTC trading I would say. Plan isnt needed for trading because with having some plan you will be restricting yourself to do a changes directly if needed in some situation. Rather than having a plan, consistency as well as discipline are much more needed in trading especially if you are taking your chances to be a day trader then consistency and discipline is the key for this

Im merely talking about the consistency to take profit at X percentage or stop loss at Y percentage. Such discipline and consistency is needed if you want start trading

tl;dr Bitcoin trading is a gambling it is not easy it is not predictable.

Dont confuse yourself with this because a trader and gambler are different from many perspective. I could describe few things that differentiate them but I would go with the most significant difference

A trader could be able to roughly pinpoint the bottom or the top of the daily price even though it is not always accurate depending on several factor such as buy power, sell pressure and volume ( common thing for trader ). While on the other hand, gambler is all about being lucky , you would say that a gambler will be able to predict a dice roll?predict what his next BlackJack card is ?

You should revise your post because a trader isnt a gambler

And panic can be caused even by minor neutral bitcoin news...

Get your facts straight, a panic is caused by constant sell pressure not a news. News is merely a fuel that drive a sell pressure and no minor news causing nothing to the price . Reason that you see some news causing some downstream for the price is because it is manipulated by whale by creating a fake sell wall to give some pressure for the orderbook

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 01:36:13 AM

Even the best and most positive news can go unnoticed. An panic can be caused even by minor bitcoin news...

Although it is not predictable but there are some people out there that really good in analyzing the market so this is sure profitable to him and he can minimalize his loss through this though
I think for that people they can predict because if they can't how they can earn more and lee lost? i think they know how to analyze the market and they can predict it.
arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2015, 08:13:26 AM

I think for that people they can predict because if they can't how they can earn more and lee lost?

Where are you getting the idea that traders always earn more than what he lose? Seriously trader is a two way activity , note this quote below ( it seems I have written this up many times )

Code:
each time someone get a profit from trading there is someone that lose something in it 

Therefore you cant generalized that all traders are earning more because it is a two way activity. It is not about "knowing" the future anyway but it is rather about knowing how the market react for the current week, judging the orderbook of buy and sell order and taking some discipline to either take profit or stop loss rather than getting delusional that the price might be higher than the current one ( common mistake, holding too much when they are already on profit , should have just let it go for some small portion )

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Dotakels

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 10:32:52 AM

I think for that people they can predict because if they can't how they can earn more and lee lost?

Where are you getting the idea that traders always earn more than what he lose? Seriously trader is a two way activity , note this quote below ( it seems I have written this up many times )

Code:
each time someone get a profit from trading there is someone that lose something in it 

Therefore you cant generalized that all traders are earning more because it is a two way activity. It is not about "knowing" the future anyway but it is rather about knowing how the market react for the current week, judging the orderbook of buy and sell order and taking some discipline to either take profit or stop loss rather than getting delusional that the price might be higher than the current one ( common mistake, holding too much when they are already on profit , should have just let it go for some small portion )

I know that, if someone earning their should losing his/her money. But also remember not always because if you or all people work hard and know the way or strategies so that they can earn and not to loss their money. Maybe your quote will be nonsense. Its all depend on person what happened to his/her money.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2015, 10:53:39 AM

This is just plain wrong, sorry. That would hold true for a Ponzi style investments, that is, a zero sum game. Since Bitcoin has uses beyond sheer speculation (that of "buy low sell high"), this immediately renders such statements invalid. Someone sells a bitcoin with a profit, and someone else buys it, then the price drops. It appears that the latter is suffering losses, but if he is not going to speculate but use it beyond the exchange (say, to pay for services), the matter becomes more complicated. And it may turn out that everyone wins in the end, despite the price decrease...

Borisz

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 11:07:47 AM

This is just plain wrong, sorry. That would hold true for a Ponzi style investments, that is, a zero sum game. Since Bitcoin has uses beyond sheer speculation (that of "buy low sell high"), this immediately renders such statements invalid. Someone sells a bitcoin with a profit, and someone else buys it, then the price drops. It appears that the latter is suffering losses, but if he is not going to speculate but use it beyond the exchange (say, to pay for services), the matter becomes more complicated. And it may turn out that everyone wins in the end, despite the price decrease...

My thoughts exactly, if I want to buy 5 BTC right now because I need it to purchase something, then I consider it a win, without considering if the price is 229.456 or 229.449 $/BTC. So you perhaps win on this trade and think that I have lost, but it is not true. My aim was to get the 5 BTC, regardless of the minor fluctuations on which you make some profit.
GotaPauj

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 11:09:59 AM

My thoughts exactly, if I want to buy 5 BTC right now because I need it to purchase something, then I consider it a win, without considering if the price is 229.456 or 229.449 $/BTC. So you perhaps win on this trade and think that I have lost, but it is not true. My aim was to get the 5 BTC, regardless of the minor fluctuations on which you make some profit.

If you buy now 5 btc and spent them immediately then you dont win and dont loose at the same time.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2015, 11:17:51 AM

If you buy now 5 btc and spent them immediately then you dont win and dont loose at the same time.

The win/lose dichotomy cannot be considered only in financial terms, unless we are talking about speculation or pure financial investments. For example, you have 50% of the total issue of shares by the company you are desperate to take over. Will it matter for you at which price you buy one more share that gives you control over that company ("golden share"), or where the price will move right after you buy that share (in reasonable limits indeed)?

arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2015, 11:21:54 AM

Make sense since you guys are making such example. Still my thoughts will be I am a winner each time I profitted myself with the trade,but perhaps I should change the second sentences for that

Partially because I dont think it that way, Im merely adjusting my thoughts only for trade which means that I buy on low spot, sell it at higher spot , so my thoughts goes to I win you lose term but infact since this examples explcitly states that it is not always like that then I do need to revise that quote

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 11:43:02 AM

unless the price change suddently, and you don't have the time to sell it, maybe you're in the same time, also unlucky with the confirmation that will delay your deposit

so there is always the risk, until bitcoin will be as a stable as a euro or usd
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2015, 11:55:19 AM

unless the price change suddently, and you don't have the time to sell it, maybe you're in the same time, also unlucky with the confirmation that will delay your deposit

You, guys, still seem to be missing the whole idea of what I was trying to convey. You are obstinately trying to judge the result of a trade from a solely financial point of view whereas this is not always applicable. And in real life (apart from purified trading where things are simple or even primitive), this is not the case in the majority of situations...

Dotakels

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 04:28:25 PM

You, guys, still seem to be missing the whole idea of what I was trying to convey. You are obstinately trying to judge the result of a trade from a solely financial point of view whereas this is not always applicable. And in real life (apart from purified trading where things are simple or even primitive), this is not the case in the majority of situations...
deisik mean that , for example when he bought 5 btc the price of btc from that time is may we say that $240 per 1 btc and when he spend it the price of his coins was higher than he bought it, so its mean or he could say that he won from that way.
arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2015, 04:52:34 AM

for example when he bought 5 btc the price of btc from that time is may we say that $240 per 1 btc and when he spend it the price of his coins was higher than he bought it, so its mean or he could say that he won from that way.

No it is not this case. Basically you are seeing this from the price perspective that is why you and most people are getting the wrong thoughts on it. It is not about the price but merely about what price are you gonna buy it at

i.e I bought at $240 and sell at $242. Im thinking that I am a winner while the buyer is a loser ( this is from the traders perspective, my point of view as well) however Deisik and Borisz pointed out that this isnt always the case because someone that bought at $242 do need the BTC for other stuff which means that in his own point of view he is a winner as well because he got the BTC at the price that he desired for

It doesnt actually matter on how he will spend it because what matter the most is on what price is he buying it at and someone who bought BTC at his desired price is a winner as well.

P.S : hope this clears out , basically this whole things is caused by my silly quote that is only viewing it from a trader's point of view

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Borisz

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 06:31:31 AM

for example when he bought 5 btc the price of btc from that time is may we say that $240 per 1 btc and when he spend it the price of his coins was higher than he bought it, so its mean or he could say that he won from that way.

No it is not this case. Basically you are seeing this from the price perspective that is why you and most people are getting the wrong thoughts on it. It is not about the price but merely about what price are you gonna buy it at

i.e I bought at $240 and sell at $242. Im thinking that I am a winner while the buyer is a loser ( this is from the traders perspective, my point of view as well) however Deisik and Borisz pointed out that this isnt always the case because someone that bought at $242 do need the BTC for other stuff which means that in his own point of view he is a winner as well because he got the BTC at the price that he desired for

It doesnt actually matter on how he will spend it because what matter the most is on what price is he buying it at and someone who bought BTC at his desired price is a winner as well.

P.S : hope this clears out , basically this whole things is caused by my silly quote that is only viewing it from a trader's point of view

Exactly. Without knowing what I'll use my bitcoins for, you cannot say if I have lost. Following the 5 BTC @ 240$ analogy, I might buy it at 240 and the seller thinks I'm stupid because I bought a. above market price b. when the price is about the fall. However,
1. I might use this BTC to buy a product or service that is discounted by 20% if I purchase in BTC. Hence I still win almost 20% in price immediately. So what if I lost 2$ on the USD=>BTC trade?
2. I might be selling the 5 BTC as a trusted party on localbitcoins or simply in person to people I know for 250$ in which case I would say that the original seller is stupid to sell me at 240$ because I make 10$ on top of it.

(No insults intended anywhere)

So without knowing what I'll use my coins for, it is hard to say who has lost. If you win, good for you, but that doesn't automatically mean that the other party has made a bad deal. It all depends on the perspective.
Dotakels

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 10:15:03 AM

Exactly. Without knowing what I'll use my bitcoins for, you cannot say if I have lost. Following the 5 BTC @ 240$ analogy, I might buy it at 240 and the seller thinks I'm stupid because I bought a. above market price b. when the price is about the fall. However,
1. I might use this BTC to buy a product or service that is discounted by 20% if I purchase in BTC. Hence I still win almost 20% in price immediately. So what if I lost 2$ on the USD=>BTC trade?
2. I might be selling the 5 BTC as a trusted party on localbitcoins or simply in person to people I know for 250$ in which case I would say that the original seller is stupid to sell me at 240$ because I make 10$ on top of it.

So without knowing what I'll use my coins for, it is hard to say who has lost. If you win, good for you, but that doesn't automatically mean that the other party has made a bad deal. It all depends on the perspective.
My only point is , you can won by selling or buying things with bitcoin, for example if you bought a btc worth $240 then you bought a stuff from online shopping that accepting bitcoin,if the price of that stuff is $ $240 in fiat money but in btc its worth only $220 so that its mean that you won or earn a profit by doing that . That is my only point.
arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2015, 10:52:31 AM

-snip-

There is no no way to know what the others will do with the coins purchased. Everyone who purchased at this desired prices is indeed a winner no matter what he is using it for if we left out the "trading" and "purchasing" part.
The fact is someone willing to buy at X prices means that he wants it at the X prices , if he dont then he can always look for the other prices , this means that he bought at his desired prices despite what he will be doing with it later on

Of course not, having a conversation and discussion about a thing is a good way to correct yourself as well. I am pretty much open to be corrected by anyone who thinks that my argument might be wrong or missleading. Feel free to counter me up whenever you encounter my misleading post or hit me up for discussion through PM  Wink

that stuff is $ $240 in fiat money but in btc its worth only $220 so that its mean that you won or earn a profit by doing that . That is my only point.

This is what Borisz wrote exactly, however even if you are buying something for lost . I'd say that it doesnt matter, you are a winner as long as you bought at your desired prices

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Borisz

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 11:20:53 AM

Of course not, having a conversation and discussion about a thing is a good way to correct yourself as well. I am pretty much open to be corrected by anyone who thinks that my argument might be wrong or missleading. Feel free to counter me up whenever you encounter my misleading post or hit me up for discussion through PM  Wink

I was referring here to my use of "stupid buyer" and "stupid seller" expressions I used to represent what one may think when selling buying, without knowing the intentions of the other party involved. Tongue

I think we are all in agreement that it cannot be judged as simply as "I won, you lost".
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: