Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:35:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: In your opinion, which military rifle is the very best?
AK-47 - 30 (45.5%)
M-14 - 4 (6.1%)
M-16, M-4 or variant - 17 (25.8%)
SKS - 3 (4.5%)
FN-FAL - 0 (0%)
M-1 Garand (30-06) - 2 (3%)
HK G3 - 3 (4.5%)
Sg 550 - 1 (1.5%)
Galil - 1 (1.5%)
1886 Winchester - 1 (1.5%)
Mosin Nagant - 4 (6.1%)
AK-74 - 0 (0%)
M1918 BAR - 0 (0%)
HK G36 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 65

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which is the BEST military rifle?  (Read 13430 times)
hobo66.

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 10:19:29 AM

AK-47 fo' sure.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 10:41:31 AM

And that is why "castle doctrine" laws exist in the US.  If someone breaks into your home, or otherwise forces their way in, the law assumes that they were there with criminal intent.
I want this so much in my nation!

MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 05:46:45 PM

And that is why "castle doctrine" laws exist in the US.  If someone breaks into your home, or otherwise forces their way in, the law assumes that they were there with criminal intent.
I want this so much in my nation!

What is your nation?

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 12:10:16 PM

I'm italian. Here if someone breaks in your home and you kill him, you are a murderer...

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 12:51:04 PM

How can you not have the M1918 BAR on this list? And how can you lump the AK-74 with the AK-47 when they are totally different?

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
bitcoinbear (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 02:23:45 PM

How can you not have the M1918 BAR on this list? And how can you lump the AK-74 with the AK-47 when they are totally different?

Initially I was going to have just a few options, but since we have been adding so many suggestions I will split the AK categories. If you voted AK47/AK74, please pick the appropriate option.

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
Undefined31415

Activity: 336
Merit: 253

Gone phishing...

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2012, 04:28:25 PM

G36C?

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
enquirer

Activity: 306
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 05:40:09 PM

BFG9000
bitcoinbear (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 03:17:02 AM

Bumpfire to get more votes.

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
Arto
Donator

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2012, 05:56:22 PM

If the mission is defending your homeland from foreign invasion on a shoestring budget, the Mosin-Nagant will do fine. For those who don't know, the legendary Winter War sniper Simo Häyhä, aka "White Death", used a Finnish militia variant of the Mosin-Nagant rifle, the White Guard M/28-30 "Pystykorva", to rack up the highest recorded number of confirmed sniper kills in any major war:

They may not have had nifty toys like mechanized infantry, but at least all the Finnish troops had rifles and bullets — even if they often had to relieve the dead Soviets of some so that there were enough to go around and carry on. Indeed throughout the war the Finns made use of captured Soviet guns, ammunition, and tanks — a classic guerrilla tactic of relying on your enemy to supply you.

Moreover, the Finnish soldiers knew how to use their rifles. One Finn in particular, Corporal Simo Häyhä, became a living legend during and after the Winter War for his exemplary service as a sniper in the Finnish Army. The Red Army respectfully and fearfully nicknamed him the White Death.

During a period of just 90 days in the Winter War, in bone-chilling temperatures ranging from -20 down to -50 degrees centigrade, dressed completely in white camouflage and operating with a very limited amount of daylight per day, Häyhä went out to "hunt Russians" each day. He just in and of himself is credited with 505 confirmed sniper kills of Soviet soldiers, 542 if unconfirmed deaths are included. The unofficial Finnish front line figure from the battlefield of Kollaa places the number of Häyhä's sniper kills at over 800.

He did all this using but a bolt-action rifle with open sights, an almost incredible feat considering that he routinely engaged many of his targets from a distance of 400 meters or more. Besides his numerous sniper kills, Häyhä is also credited with over two hundred kills with a Suomi K31 submachine gun, bringing his confirmed kills to at least 705 — reportedly the all-time highest recorded number of confirmed kills in any major war.

As can readily be imagined, it wouldn't have taken all that many snipers like Häyhä to even out the odds a tad into the Finns' favor. Häyhä himself was such a menace to the invaders that the Soviets tried several ploys to get rid of him specifically, including counter-snipers and outright artillery strikes. One week before the armistice was signed, they finally succeeded.

On March 6, 1940, Häyhä was shot in the face by a Soviet sniper. The bullet tumbled upon impact and left his head explosively, in the process crushing his jaw and blowing off his entire left cheek — the fellow soldiers who later evacuated him described the grave injury succinctly as "half his head was missing". Despite the near-lethal injury, Häyhä still somehow managed the fortitude to pick up his rifle and kill the Soviet who had shot him.

Häyhä regained consciousness the very day that peace was declared. It took him several years to recuperate, but he eventually made a full recovery and, honored as a national hero, lived to the ripe old age of 96.

conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
October 13, 2012, 06:29:16 PM

BFG9000

Undefined31415

Activity: 336
Merit: 253

Gone phishing...

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2012, 01:44:10 AM

The BEST rifle is a Westinghouse 39" 1080p LCD TV. :p.

McBros 95.

What? No, .950 JDJ is not impractical for antipersonnel uses. :p.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 01:41:43 PM

I think it should be stated that this poll is Horribly flawed due to the Slow addition and change of the poll's options over time.

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
BitcoinINV

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 04:19:47 PM

I personally have carried a M16A2 service rifle.... and when ever I had a chance to pick up a AK-47 and use it I would. The only problem is they would never let us keep them when we got on the FOB lol.

MysteryMiner
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1029

Show middle finger to system and then destroy it!

View Profile
October 15, 2012, 07:35:34 AM

There is no absolutely best military rifle for any situation. Some are more accurate for medium distances, some are better in close fighting.

If I only have a option to get one gun and go to war I would chose AKM or AK-103. AKM is a modernized variation of AK-47 with less upward recoil compared to AK-47. AK-103 is a modern variation of AKM built using high-tech materials.

For two weapons I would go for MG-42 in original german chambering and good pistol for close defense. My grandpa told that while MG-42 was in short supply, in skilled hands it was uberweapon. It was lightweight for a machine gun, easy to relocate, extremely accurate and powerful, effective against both soldiers, enemy planes and light armored vehicles. Only downside was constant need for ammo.

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: