Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:38:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin wallet  (Read 5929 times)
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 03:22:35 PM

I use coinbase. This is more secure, online access from everywhere and accepted by almost all marketplace.

Well since it is a bitcoin wallet it is accepted anywhere bitcoin is Smiley
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 03:28:08 PM

I use coinbase. This is more secure, online access from everywhere and accepted by almost all marketplace.

Who said to you that a Bitcoin wallet *with* many restrictions and which prevent us to access private keys is *more* secure than other wallets?

dailycoins

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

Dailycoins.net

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 09:39:25 PM

If you don't mind using mobile wallet then check Mycelium. It's very well made and secure as long as you make backup.

OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 05:07:55 PM

Re earlier blockchain.info wallets comments from notlist3d, activebiz and Muhammed Zakir and people interested in blockchain.info wallets

Yes, I had a problem with a blockchain.info wallet "somehow" taking all my BTC, perhaps a year ago.  I got it back after emailing them and following their instructions.  I do not recall the nature of the problem, it might have been a programming error on their part, but I did get my BTC back.

So, I keep a small amount at blockchain.info, but the bulk of my BTC I keep in my Ledger Nano and Trezor devices.
bandana

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 05:14:38 PM

a bitcoin wallet has become a must for me. not only me, but i has become a must for everybody who use bitcoins.
personally i use bit-x bitcoin wallet which serves the best to me.
i recommend users to use mycelium or blockchain wallet since they give a simpler platform to use which turns out to be more comfortable.
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1031

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 08:54:35 PM

Diversify your portfolio of bitcoin storage options.  I'd keep some in an online account like coinbase.  For some others I'd use some wallets.  The classic qt wallet is good.  You can also use electrum wallet and be sure to do 2FA.  Cold storage is good too just remember it's not terribly convenient when you want to exchange for goods/services immediately. 

Just be practical about it.  Consider what you plan to do with the bitcoin and allocate funds that makes the most liquid sense.

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
goenkas

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2015, 07:24:41 AM

Diversify your portfolio of bitcoin storage options.  I'd keep some in an online account like coinbase.  For some others I'd use some wallets.  The classic qt wallet is good.  You can also use electrum wallet and be sure to do 2FA.  Cold storage is good too just remember it's not terribly convenient when you want to exchange for goods/services immediately. 

Just be practical about it.  Consider what you plan to do with the bitcoin and allocate funds that makes the most liquid sense.

I have realized that if I use to many wallets, I tend to lose track and also its a pain to keep a high level of security / backup for all the wallets.

I suggest a 2 pronged strategy especially for beginners.

1) Keep majority of your bitcoins in a cold wallet. There are lots of options out there and lot of posts in this thread re. this.

2) Keep a few which you'd want to spend easily in a hot wallet. Again for this, you can use CoinBase, Blockchain.info, BitX or Zebpay (Disclaimer: I am co-founder of Zebpay). We believe that Zebpay is the easiest to use as it is a hosted wallet and works like Whatsapp and you don't have to worry about wallet backups. It allows both on blockchain and off blockchain transactions.
exoexo

Activity: 31

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 07:52:09 AM

I use blockchain.info wallet as my hot wallet and Trezor as the cold wallet.
erik45beck

Activity: 20

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 12:37:23 PM

What's the best wallet you can recommend?I'm totally new here.
BigMac
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 12:52:40 PM

That depends on what you need the most.
Ease of use: Electrum
Support the bitcoin network: Bitcoin Core
Safe storage for a long period of time: Paper wallet, hardware wallet, offline wallet

erik45beck

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 02:34:55 PM

That depends on what you need the most.
Ease of use: Electrum
Support the bitcoin network: Bitcoin Core
Safe storage for a long period of time: Paper wallet, hardware wallet, offline wallet

Oh,thanx!I think I need to try the easiest one at the beginning.I can use it not only for bitcoins?
Alex_ZZX
Legendary

Activity: 1273
Merit: 1013

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 09:24:10 PM

I use wallet blockchain.info, I don't have reason to use trezor.
xapo - is not anonymous!
Athertle

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Go figure! | I'm nearing 1337 posts...

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2015, 11:03:57 PM

Blockchain. No fees and it's trusted by many people.

mayflor2

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 06:13:24 AM

What butcoin wallet do you use? I mean blockchain, xapo or whatever. Why? Which one is the best?

Use bitcoin core.   Remember to open the correct ports to help contribute to the network by relaying transactions.    Also, make sure to encrypt your wallet.

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 06:19:35 AM

What butcoin wallet do you use? I mean blockchain, xapo or whatever. Why? Which one is the best?

Use bitcoin core.   Remember to open the correct ports to help contribute to the network by relaying transactions.    Also, make sure to encrypt your wallet.

Definitely make sure to encrypt.  Not all cases is core best.  Some might look into lightweight clients or other options.

Sure having nodes does help bitcoin, and is a good idea.  But if you have limited internet amount, or some other limitations a lightweight might be better option.
bumbarash
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 03:15:21 PM

Hi guys, I am Newbie, I need bitcoin wallet could you recommend me best bitcoin wallet?
I use android smartphone and laptop(windows7)
I think blockchain.info but I've not decided yet.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 04:25:28 PM

Hi guys, I am Newbie, I need bitcoin wallet could you recommend me best bitcoin wallet?
I use android smartphone and laptop(windows7)
I think blockchain.info but I've not decided yet.

for androind it is called just bitcoin, it was in the top5 best wallet, and it was classified as the best wallet among those 5

for your laptop multibit is quite easy to setup, but i prefer core to be honest, blockchain online wallet is good enough if you can handle the security aspect
bumbarash
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 02:27:10 PM

Amph, thanks.
erik45beck

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 12:25:08 PM

I use wallet blockchain.info, I don't have reason to use trezor.
xapo - is not anonymous!

what do you mean not anonymous?you should put your real info there?
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 03:09:57 PM

since the first time i know bitcoin i only use blockchain for keep my bitcoin and until now i still use that
and never interested or try another wallet
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: