Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:44:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 ... 212 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Does the Price of Bitcoin Matter?  (Read 304450 times)
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 06:25:30 PM

The price matter because it what determine the value, how will you value a thing when you don't know the price. The price of bitcoin is currently $1238 that is the reason why volume of buyers is greater than seller that is what determined it pricing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
atronite

Activity: 319
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 12:57:46 PM

I think people are waiting for a high price to happen, maybe the price will be important when it's starting to go up, or down very quickly. Well, a lot of people are paying attention to the price at that time, because maybe it will determine the profit and loss of a bitcoin holder.

Yeah either you make profits or loss will depend on what price you buy or sell your bitcoins and all the users of bitcoins keeps active watch on the price movements of bitcoins so they can decide whether to buy or sell their coins so price really matters in bitcoins.
xypos

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 01:04:03 PM

Saying the price of bitcoin doesn't matter is a lie. There is a cost of acquiring bitcoins. Only a fool or a very very rich guy would think otherwise.

I agree with you. Price is a very important criterion. And for everyone who has several coins the price is very important. Everyone watches as bitcoin becomes more expensive or cheaper

People take decision of buying or selling their coins looking only at the price of bitcoins so price is really important factor when it comes to bitcoins and it is only the price of bitcoins that attracts people to start using it or invest money in it.

yeah I agree too, people attracts to invest because of it's price. And many people here earning bitcoin because the price is too high per bitcoin. If the bitcoin price is not high I think many people will snob this coin.

Exactly. Let's.be honest, how much people would care for Bitcoins if the price wasn't so high? Not many, except few enthusiasts. Because of the price Bitcoin has become mass attraction, because of the price they see their chance to profit and have better future. So, it's prety obvious that for many Bitcoin users price is very, very important.
Thats right, and this is the most important thing about the cryptocurrencies, they have became more known because of the price and volume increase, but if it would not happen, then probably nobody would use bitcoin, exactly as you said.

Many people are being attracted to bitcoin thanks to that it provides hundreds, if not thousands of opportunities for a normal person who is not really wealthy, but who can afford to make up some investments. The point is, that with normal scenario, without the usage of cryptocurrencies, such a person could have only invest in some legit programmes that may give 3-5% return daily, if we are talking about the passive income.
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 01:26:50 PM

Saying the price of bitcoin doesn't matter is a lie. There is a cost of acquiring bitcoins. Only a fool or a very very rich guy would think otherwise.

I agree with you. Price is a very important criterion. And for everyone who has several coins the price is very important. Everyone watches as bitcoin becomes more expensive or cheaper

People take decision of buying or selling their coins looking only at the price of bitcoins so price is really important factor when it comes to bitcoins and it is only the price of bitcoins that attracts people to start using it or invest money in it.

yeah I agree too, people attracts to invest because of it's price. And many people here earning bitcoin because the price is too high per bitcoin. If the bitcoin price is not high I think many people will snob this coin.

Exactly. Let's.be honest, how much people would care for Bitcoins if the price wasn't so high? Not many, except few enthusiasts. Because of the price Bitcoin has become mass attraction, because of the price they see their chance to profit and have better future. So, it's prety obvious that for many Bitcoin users price is very, very important.
Thats right, and this is the most important thing about the cryptocurrencies, they have became more known because of the price and volume increase, but if it would not happen, then probably nobody would use bitcoin, exactly as you said.

Many people are being attracted to bitcoin thanks to that it provides hundreds, if not thousands of opportunities for a normal person who is not really wealthy, but who can afford to make up some investments. The point is, that with normal scenario, without the usage of cryptocurrencies, such a person could have only invest in some legit programmes that may give 3-5% return daily, if we are talking about the passive income.

Either you meant 3-5% return after a couple of years or you're talking about a ponzi that's based on fiat. The only "legit investment program" that we can all rely on is the bank's time deposit system which gives you 0.5% to 1.125% profit annually. Think about how low that is.

3-5% return daily will give you an ROI in 20 days (5% rate) to 30 days (3% rate). That sounds nothing but a ponzi site to me. It doesn't have any difference at all with the ponzi sites that use bitcoin as payment.

Still, the price increase in bitcoin is still much much better for investment. You can pull out your money right away and you'll maybe lose a couple of bucks.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 01:33:32 PM

Does it really matter though (the number of people that's interested in bitcoins)? There can be just a couple of people trading bitcoins and the price can go up. Just a couple of whales and the price can sky rocket. The bunch of guys that has made the price of bitcoin go up in the start are just enthusiasts that did their research and thought that "Hey, maybe this might actually change my life. Might as well invest a couple of bucks." Then more and more people thought the same thing until the market gets established and price manipulators and whales came in. Now, there's a spectrum of people using bitcoins.

Simply put, everything starts with just a small amount of audience and then the whole thing just grows exponentially.

pinggoki

Activity: 1470
Merit: 390

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 01:55:21 PM

Of course it is, bitcoin price is really matter especially on investors and traders. Price is  the main reason why are traders do trading and same goes for investors. Price of bitcoin is important this is the reason why people use bitcoin because it has a high value.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
darthmaul

Activity: 714
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 02:51:45 PM

I think it should matter a lot. That is what we looking for in bitcoin, more prices and dreaming for bitcoins to reach the moon. Of course if nothing like this happens then how we gonna make the profits? There must be liquidity in each and every currency to keep the trading platforms running and bitcoin is getting at the top in it. Now a days bitcoins price is the top most priority and we must see a rise in its price in coming future. So yeah it matters a lot. Smiley

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Jrock

Activity: 363

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 02:59:21 PM

Of course it is, bitcoin price is really matter especially on investors and traders. Price is  the main reason why are traders do trading and same goes for investors. Price of bitcoin is important this is the reason why people use bitcoin because it has a high value.

Yes price factor can never be ignore in bitcoins as that is the deciding factor in making profits or loss and if bitcoin would not be holding such great price then I doubt that many would be interested in investing their money into it.

whizter

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 04:12:48 PM

yes currentle people are using bitcoin for investment purposes, therefor  i think every one is expecting the price of bitcoin to increase, i think it the price of bitcoin will remain as stable then the investors will find other means of profitable investments. therefore i think the price of bitcoin keeping too much importance.

███████████████████▄▄▄
        ████████████████████████▄▄
           ████████████████████████▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████▄
    ███████████████       ▀▀███████████
        ███████               ██████████
        ███████                ██████████
████████   ████████             █████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄████████             █████████
        ███████████             █████████
    ████   ████████            ██████████
    ████   ████████           ██████████
        ███    ████       ▄▄███████████
    ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄██████████████████████▀
    ███████████████████████████████▀
████    ████████████████████████▀▀
████    ███████████████████▀▀▀
DIMCOIN   
❱❱❱  facebook  ❱❱❱  twitter  ❱❱❱  Telegram  ❱❱❱
.The Future of Equity on The Blockchain.
majeed

Activity: 526
Merit: 253

Damn

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 04:46:06 PM

Yes price factor can never be ignore in bitcoins as that is the deciding factor in making profits or loss and if bitcoin would not be holding such great price then I doubt that many would be interested in investing their money into it.
The higher the prices, the more people will be attracted to this new technology. More investors will buy Bitcoin and it will make Bitcoin price will be higher and higher. Well, if Bitcoin reaches $5000, banks will likely to accept this crypto
tigershark

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 05:00:06 PM

I think the price matters if you are holding for long term because you want to make a good profit just for an investment.
axorb

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 05:02:13 PM

The higher the prices, the more people will be attracted to this new technology. More investors will buy Bitcoin and it will make Bitcoin price will be higher and higher. Well, if Bitcoin reaches $5000, banks will likely to accept this crypto

Its hard to believe that banks will start accepting cryptos as they are the toughest competitors for them so I don't think that banks will ever shake hands with digital currency and price will surely go higher in coming years when adoption will go higher.
cluit
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 05:15:25 PM

I think the price matters if you are holding for long term because you want to make a good profit just for an investment.
maybe for a long term holder price will matter. but not for me. I am a day trader and I alwys spend my bitcoins for my daily need. so price of bitcoin doesn't matter for me at all. and I also think price of bitcoin doesn't matter for bitcoin itself too.
Format.C^

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 08:49:23 PM

maybe for a long term holder price will matter. but not for me. I am a day trader and I alwys spend my bitcoins for my daily need. so price of bitcoin doesn't matter for me at all. and I also think price of bitcoin doesn't matter for bitcoin itself too.

Even if you are a day trader you will sell your coins only when you see higher price and you will never prefer to sell them when price is relatively low so even if its a long term holder or a day trader price matters for all.
Jasad
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

= jasad =

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 09:13:18 PM

Even if you are a day trader you will sell your coins only when you see higher price and you will never prefer to sell them when price is relatively low so even if its a long term holder or a day trader price matters for all.
there some action called a cutloss right?
you have to sell on very cheap price to avoid deeper loss ,
for a trader high price not really necessary ,
the only important for them is to have high volatile and take benefit from it .
Maslate

Activity: 2996
Merit: 678

Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 01:48:46 AM

Well, we have different strategy but we have one goal which is to make profit, if you are a day trader that is presume
that you are knowledgeable enough because you have to be fully aware the asset movement so you can buy low and sell high all the time.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 03:03:08 AM

Well, we have different strategy but we have one goal which is to make profit, if you are a day trader that is presume
that you are knowledgeable enough because you have to be fully aware the asset movement so you can buy low and sell high all the time.
I think being a day trader is not a good idea because its limiting your possible profit in the long run, it is best for me to be a long term trader because that is best with bitcoin and you can easily get a lot of profit by just doing nothing but waiting for the price to go up. If you want to be a day trader then you need to prepare yourself for a lot of hassle and effort because you need to be updated every single day to be able to do good quality of performance in trading.
Reid

Activity: 2884
Merit: 642

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 03:10:45 AM

That is one of the perks in trading. You can somehow save a part of the invested money if you see a big fall.
That way you could reinvest that remaining fund to other alt.
Or you could let be in bitcoin and wait for a time that it goes back to a higher price.
Bitcoin price does matter with the effects it does with other coins. When you are a trader you could see the big changes it does when bitcoin moves.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 03:11:39 AM

Even you are holding small amount of bitcoins for a longer term. The price does really matters because it is the one that will tell you on how much you are going to earn. And people are staying to bitcoin because of the possibility that it can give us good amount of money concerning to how many bitcoins that you are holding.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 03:28:36 AM

High price really matters, bitcoin is not a coin for just the traders profit out of it. Traders expect high volatility, same way the volatility have kept large users under a panic situation. So in my view a perfect trader makes profit even if the price volatility is not big, even with the minor fluctuations he'll profit.
Pages: « 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 ... 212 »
  Print  

Jump to: