Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 02:53:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BITMAIN AntMiner APW3-12-1600 PSU Series  (Read 36647 times)
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2015, 08:45:01 PM

Bitmain have already lost one of their own mining farms to fire

Did you just make that up?

quakefiend420
Legendary

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 08:51:48 PM

Bitmain have already lost one of their own mining farms to fire

Did you just make that up?

Pretty sure he's thinking about the mine in Thailand with a bunch of Spondoolies(not owned by them, but built out with their equipment) gear.
cathoderay

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

Welcome to dogietalk.bs

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 08:59:59 PM

With Bitmains previous record with PSU's, I would be very wary of purchasing these potential fire hazards. However, having seen the terrible workmanship in the pics uploaded on the first page, I would now say avoid these PSU's at all costs. Stick to superior quality, proven & cheaper server PSU's off ebay.

These things could, quite literally, kill you. They should be banned worldwide.

Bitmain, what are you playing at  Huh

PatMan dude, bang on! Let's just look at those pics again:

I mean, really!?

These things just scream one thing: DANGER!! I can't stress enough how much miners should avoid purchasing these if they value their homes, possesions & lives.

Absolutely Shocking.

Dangerous stuff indeed. What is even more worrying is the question of quality control - what happened in that department? If this sort of thing can get through QC, one has to ask, what else does? QC is of utmost importance, especislly when high voltage/amperage power units are concerned, & is supposed to stop this kind of shoddy workmanship ever getting out into the wild - but here it is......

I'll pass on these things thanks, & would advise everyone else to do the same until Bitmain pull their finger out.

Have you been a victim of dogie insults, neg-rep'd for no reason or been falsely accused by him? If so, air your experiences here:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.0
Avoid manipulative Exchanges - Localbitcoins.com
pekatete

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 11:34:57 AM

So, does this mean that you will only provide support for people using Bitmain(Tm) power supplies for future miners?
Or is this just me being paranoid?
Extremely paranoid Tongue As long as you're not using a 300x 12V rail PSU made by SUPERHIBIGPOWERWOWLED corporation, I'll help out where I can.

Holy shit.. Be careful with these things guys... I'd advise everyone to be careful as hell if you are buying these and make sure you inspect them inside and out.
It has short circuit protection, as it worked in this case. I'm not sure what the point of that drilled hole was, but it will get fixed.

Giving advice about electrical safety when you are not qualified / certified to do so is a crime in the UK (and many other jurisdictions). Latif aka dogie, your only qualification is taking pretty pictures of mining rigs & waffling on about them plus forging education credentials and that does not qualify you give advice about electrical safety. If at all bitmain want to flog these wares, they should get them certified by BSI (or the relevant authorities in respective jusrisdictions) which will itself speak volumes, rather than let users rely on a non electrically qualified fraudster's advice.

dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 01:36:58 PM

So, does this mean that you will only provide support for people using Bitmain(Tm) power supplies for future miners?
Extremely paranoid Tongue As long as you're not using a 300x 12V rail PSU made by SUPERHIBIGPOWERWOWLED corporation, I'll help out where I can.

Holy shit.. Be careful with these things guys... I'd advise everyone to be careful as hell if you are buying these and make sure you inspect them inside and out.
It has short circuit protection, as it worked in this case. I'm not sure what the point of that drilled hole was, but it will get fixed.

Giving advice about electrical safety when you are not qualified / certified to do so is a crime in the UK (and many other jurisdictions). Latif aka dogie, your only qualification is taking pretty pictures of mining rigs & waffling on about them plus forging education credentials and that does not qualify you give advice about electrical safety. If at all bitmain want to flog these wares, they should get them certified by BSI (or the relevant authorities in respective jusrisdictions) which will itself speak volumes, rather than let users rely on a non electrically qualified fraudster's advice.

I provided the feature from the specifications, but feel free to report me to the police then let us know the crime reference number if you believe a crime has been committed. BSI is not a certification agency, they're a national standards institute - two very different things.

dog1965

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 02:17:42 PM

I agree with you 100 percent doggie is a fraudster and will be locked up soon for that and other things !
pekatete

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 02:33:28 PM

I provided the feature from the specifications, but feel free to report me to the police then let us know the crime reference number if you believe a crime has been committed. BSI is not a certification agency, they're a national standards institute - two very different things.

This is a bitmain issue and your clearly dangerous advice to users is tantamount to criminality. And that you're clearly refusing to take heed of even other users who are, on the face of it, qualified electrical engineers, I'll notify the HSE (who may decide to take it up with the police) of your fraudulent and illegal electrical advice.

Obiter dicta: What part of this did you not understand, you fraudster?
... they should get them certified by BSI (or the relevant authorities in respective jusrisdictions) ... rather than let users rely on a non electrically qualified fraudster's advice.

sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 07:13:03 PM

And I can't believe people haven't yet gotten tired of flaming Dogie in every thread on the forum. Does anyone want to fetch one of these PSUs and formulate an opinion based on actual performance and inspection, or do we want to just keep trash talking anything and everything based on a few scattered bits of information and massive doses of prejudice coupled with the comfort of relative anonymity?

Seriously, guys. The only way you can say something that hasn't already been said a hundred times is to actually discuss the product for which this thread exists.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
dog1965

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 07:59:44 PM

And I can't believe people haven't yet gotten tired of flaming Dogie in every thread on the forum. Does anyone want to fetch one of these PSUs and formulate an opinion based on actual performance and inspection, or do we want to just keep trash talking anything and everything based on a few scattered bits of information and massive doses of prejudice coupled with the comfort of relative anonymity?

Seriously, guys. The only way you can say something that hasn't already been said a hundred times is to actually discuss the product for which this thread exists.

Get rid of Dogie and we will. I am not going to buy that PSU Just to test it and Give a review I will never use it anyway even though I am qualified to fix the issues.

If someone sent me one for free like Dogie gets then I will. Other than that theres no point in doing that.

pekatete

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 08:33:06 PM

I am sure the pun was intended in "getting tired of flaming dogie" as this PSU will most likely burn down somone's house if I am to go by dog1965's advice, seeing he is a qualified electrical engineer.
But if you tire of reading about pointing out the clearly inept "advice" spouted by the fraudster, there are as many people that tire of your patronising, wiseacre, holier than though posts too. But like dog1965 said, I too shall NOT be getting one of these just to prove it won't burn my house for that price. If you want, you get one! And don't tell everyone what to post in this forum.

sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 08:56:18 PM

I'm actually considering buying one, just to see what it'll do and actually know things for real. I like knowledge. I don't like assumption. I've never though of myself as holier than anyone else here, just more vocally annoyed about people who are very vocally annoyed about the same thing over and over without actually doing anything about it except increase the general "useless noise" level in almost literally every thread ever. Do I agree with everything Dogie says? Nope. But do I agree with taking everything Dogie (or anyone else) says to the extreme and threatening legal action over every available comment, and commenting the same opinion I've already expressed repeatedly based on no experience with the thing being discussed, as a thinly-veiled means of staying "on topic" while giving myself another opportunity to be a dick to someone I've never met? Additionally, nope.

I'll just leave this thread alone until someone puts up a review about the actual product. Might be me. Who knows. Y'all have fun with it.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
pekatete

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 09:05:41 PM

.... and commenting the same opinion I've already expressed repeatedly based on no experience with the thing being discussed, as a thinly-veiled means of staying "on topic" while giving myself another opportunity to be a dick to someone I've never met?

There's your presumptuous, holier than though nonsense manifesting itself in just one sentence!
For the record, you are not my point of reference on that, and you were NOT the first (let alone only) person to mention the inherent lack of safety of this particular PSU.

I'll just leave this thread alone until someone puts up a review about the actual product. Might be me. Who knows. Y'all have fun with it.

Yep, good riddance ... hopefully you keep away for long, you patronising twat.

Minerkev

Activity: 58
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 09:37:24 PM

Looks like we got some fanboys here  Grin why should bitmain produce better psus than others?
dog1965

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 11:06:17 PM
Last edit: May 18, 2015, 11:17:58 PM by dog1965

Looks like we got some fanboys here  Grin why should bitmain produce better psus than others?

Stop throwing wood on the fire. That is known as being a fire starter.

1) According to pics the thing could be unsafe I would sure inspect it and fix it before I tuned it on I have the whole lab. Just trying to make a point.

2) Like I said if someone wants to send me one for free I will do it. But I am not going to pay for some forum's satisfaction when I can dam well make my own.

3) And I will not post my credentials as an engineer because its nobody's business.

4) In the labs we work together to analyze a products safety or to fix the design flaw and get the bugs out that other people made using proven theory's. we even create dangerous conditions just to see what will happen. A lot passed,  a lot went up in flames or exploded then went in flames.

5) I also like fact which is proven by sound methods and formula's.

6) we don't need bootleg doggie out here "WANNA BE ENGINEER"  it is only making things worse.

Those of you who are engineer's you know exactly what I mean.

quakefiend420
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 06:10:50 PM

This thread is so far off track....

Anyone remember this?  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=139380.0
dog1965

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 09:12:06 PM

Just plug into wall outlet.

quakefiend420
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 10:31:54 PM

Are you deleting and reposting your pic now?  Earlier your comment was below my last one...
dog1965

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 10:49:32 PM

Are you deleting and reposting your pic now?  Earlier your comment was below my last one...
No just added something to it in case you have not noticed in wich you should have.

quakefiend420
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 11:11:43 PM

Are you deleting and reposting your pic now?  Earlier your comment was below my last one...
No just added something to it in case you have not noticed in wich you should have.

Guess I missed whatever super clever detail you added to the pic that you seem to expect me to have committed to memory.
dog1965

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 11:30:38 PM

Guess I missed whatever super clever detail you added to the pic that you seem to expect me to have committed to memory.

You said that not me all I meant was you should have looked but not a problem good day.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: