Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:46:19 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: OneVillain.com Heads-Up Poker  (Read 9636 times)
OneVillain (OP)

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2012, 08:03:21 PM
Last edit: September 21, 2012, 08:34:47 PM by OneVillain

Thanks for the info, cambda.  I wish there was a way to add a fee to a pending transaction.  Someone posted in the linked thread that it will probably be an option in the future.. doesn't help us now lol.

♠ Heads-Up Bitcoin poker [we're closed, thanks for giving us a shot]: OneVillain.com ♦♣ Follow us on Twitter
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 12:15:10 AM

the same issue with blockchain.info webwallet is here
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=111845.0

the reason is insufficient fee (0.0005) for a tx of this size (6372 bytes). To get included by majority miners the fees had to be in this case 0.0035

The tx is broadcasted and sonner or later will be included in a block by a miner who includes tx with less than recommended fees. It can take several hours most likely, sometimes several days. You just have to wait now

I'm not sure you're right there.

If the transaction had been successfully broadcast and simply had insufficient fees included, it would show up on bitcoincharts' list of unconfirmed transactions here: http://bitcoincharts.com/bitcoin/txlist/

But it doesn't.

Here's the transaction at blockchain.info: https://blockchain.info/tx-index/27033506 - txid is c1ce03da3e7b86e93758c25e9494584e513faf68a9ead9f7841ae879827bb96b.

Thanks for the info, cambda.  I wish there was a way to add a fee to a pending transaction.  Someone posted in the linked thread that it will probably be an option in the future.. doesn't help us now lol.

You can create a new transaction that spends the same inputs and includes a bigger fee if you like.  It will be considered a double spend but will probably be included in a block sooner that way.  I'd export the private keys from the blockchain.info wallet and import them into the satoshi client, then just make the same deposit again.  If by some miracle the new transaction didn't use any of the inputs from the original transaction then eventually the deposit would clear twice, and I'd simply withdraw one of them back to my wallet.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 01:16:43 AM
Last edit: September 22, 2012, 01:57:19 AM by darkmule

Hi.  I just created an account, but can't receive the validation code.

The account name is MistCat.

I get this dialogue box when I try to get the validation code:

An error occurred attempting to send the validation code to XXXXXXX@gmail.com.

Please check into this.  Thanks.

And give me 100 chips if you're still doing that, too.  Thanks for that as well.

EDIT:  Rather than throw in another post just to say thanks, I'll say it here.  Validation code arrived, account is activated.
OneVillain (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2012, 01:38:07 AM

Hi.  I just created an account, but can't receive the validation code.

The account name is MistCat.

I get this dialogue box when I try to get the validation code:

An error occurred attempting to send the validation code to XXXXXXX@gmail.com.

Please check into this.  Thanks.

And give me 100 chips if you're still doing that, too.  Thanks for that as well.
Really sorry, thanks for letting me know.  I'm getting that error too when I test it, not sure what's wrong yet.  Gonna PM your validation code to you.  100 chips waiting in your account.

♠ Heads-Up Bitcoin poker [we're closed, thanks for giving us a shot]: OneVillain.com ♦♣ Follow us on Twitter
hughson

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 05:21:18 AM

I guess this probably the wrong thread to post this cause it has nothing to do with how great of a poker site OneVillain.com is!

just an update on my situation with the transaction hat still hasnt gone through. (24 hours now) (extremely frustrated cause this means I have no chance of being in the top 5. but live and learn I guess)

I sent an email to blockchain and received this reply:

"If your transaction does not get accepted, you have a few options. Right now, at least for Bitcoin itself, there are still enough miners willing to include any valid transaction. So if you just keep waiting, it should eventually get confirmed.

You may also wish to stop your client and then restart it, manually forcing it to connect to a client known to accept transactions without fees. It can help to disable incoming connections to maximize the chances your transaction will go to the client that will accept transactions without fees. It can take several hours for the transaction to get out, even if you do everything right. (The client intentionally 'dribbles' out transactions to try to hide their origin. This completely fails for transactions with too-low fees, but the client still tries.)

Otherwise, you can abort the transaction attempt. Stop your client and then make sure the transaction is not in limbo by checking the list of pending transactions. If it's not there, you can stop attempting the transaction to recover the coins. Ideally, you made a backup of your wallet before you attempted to make the transaction -- reverting the wallet and restarting the Bitcoin client with the -rescan option will remove the transaction. Otherwise, you'll have to (ouch) edit your wallet file to remove the transaction."

but I still have no idea how to restart the client software since Im using their online Wallet.
I think ill keep to the wallet I have running on my computer from now on. It by default wont send out a transaction that does no have enough to cover the fees left in the account

how come when I first heard of bitcoin everyone advertised no fees but in reality this is false. low fees but but not no fees.

I guess this probably the wrong thread to post this cause it has nothing to do with how great of a poker site OneVillain.com is!
hughson

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 05:33:38 AM

"You can create a new transaction that spends the same inputs and includes a bigger fee if you like.  It will be considered a double spend but will probably be included in a block sooner that way.  I'd export the private keys from the blockchain.info wallet and import them into the satoshi client, then just make the same deposit again.  If by some miracle the new transaction didn't use any of the inputs from the original transaction then eventually the deposit would clear twice, and I'd simply withdraw one of them back to my wallet."

I have no more bitcoins, so I don't think this is an option but thanks for your time---the other problem is I used the online wallet from bitchain.info so I dont know if I could do this---maybe----keep in mind I'm a newbie do this bitcoin thing.

hughson

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 05:51:30 AM

Wow looks like the transaction has been cancelled or something cause the bitcoins are back in my wallet. Now for buying chips take two/
thanks for all your help
OneVillain (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2012, 03:43:33 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2012, 06:16:18 PM by OneVillain

Wow looks like the transaction has been cancelled or something cause the bitcoins are back in my wallet. Now for buying chips take two/
thanks for all your help
Haha, glad the saga finally ended for you.  You're already qualified for the freeroll, hopefully you still have time to make it into the top 5, I'll update the list now so you know where you stand. Good luck.

OneVillain (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2012, 04:15:26 AM
Last edit: September 23, 2012, 04:13:36 PM by OneVillain

20 BTC Freeroll! Tomorrow/today (Sunday) at 7pm ET, congrats to everyone who qualified! final standings

Congrats also to 'deucejuice', 'iscoopu', 'crosby', 'vagabond', and 'God' for topping the list and winning a 1BTC bonus.

Extra congrats to deucejuice who had all his BTC tied up in an unconfirmed transaction for the early part of the weekend, and still stormed in to top the list.  

Good luck in the tournament, guys.

OneVillain (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2012, 04:37:55 PM
Last edit: September 24, 2012, 01:49:01 AM by OneVillain

Gonna try not removing no-shows from the freeroll today.  They "paid" in a sense with time and rake to qualify, so doesn't seem right to pull them if they're late.  I think most people will show, but if it ends up hurting the game we'll probably remove them next time.  

Payout structure is 13BTC for first, 5BTC for second, 1BTC for third and fourth.  Thirteen qualifiers.

Next week: Two 10BTC freerolls.  100 raked hands to qualify for the first one, 500 raked hands qualifies you for the first one and the second one.  Week ends at the end of Saturday, current totals on the promotions page.

Junko
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 03:32:40 AM

May be boring and slow, but hand-for-hand play in the 500 gtd may help prevent slow play/collusion on the bubble and also when in the money.

Just sayin...

EDITED for grammar
OneVillain (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2012, 04:54:13 PM

May be boring and slow, but hand-for-hand play in the 500 gtd may help prevent slow play/collusion on the bubble and also when in the money.

Just sayin...

EDITED for grammar
Right now the software doesn't have the hand for hand feature, I could push the developer to add it, seems like the sort of thing that can be added fairly easily.  I agree though that it could be boring, not really sure which way is better.  

What do you think about a really short time to act, and then a very generous time bank (like 2 minutes) to give people enough buffer for the normal pauses and whatnot, but not as much room to waste time endlessly?  

Another option is winner-take-all. Or even 75% for 1st and 25% for 2nd would guarantee you have to play your way into the money.  

Will think about it a bit, let me know if you like either of those ideas.

Savior

Activity: 176

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 05:34:54 PM

I want free chips Smiley

Name:Sav
OneVillain (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2012, 05:48:29 PM

I want free chips Smiley

Name:Sav
Got ya  Smiley, enjoy.

Junko
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 06:01:18 PM

Right now the software doesn't have the hand for hand feature, I could push the developer to add it, seems like the sort of thing that can be added fairly easily.  I agree though that it could be boring, not really sure which way is better.  

What do you think about a really short time to act, and then a very generous time bank (like 2 minutes) to give people enough buffer for the normal pauses and whatnot, but not as much room to waste time endlessly?  

Another option is winner-take-all. Or even 75% for 1st and 25% for 2nd would guarantee you have to play your way into the money.  

Will think about it a bit, let me know if you like either of those ideas.
Hmm… well, to be honest, I’ve only just started playing HU poker since joining OVP - which is awesome, btw. So with myself being new to HU poker, I would defer to someone who has more experience than me as far as suggestions other than hand-for-hand play to decrease the angle-shooting.

Maybe just keep it as is for now and watch how things go as the site grows. The escalating blinds eventually swallow up the slow players anyway, so they put themselves at a disadvantage that way and level things a bit.

Anyways, love your site and thanks again for the seed money. Been slowly building my roll and hopefully soon I’ll be able to play in the higher limit cash games and start generating rake.  Smiley
OneVillain (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2012, 07:51:32 PM

Cool, I'll keep an eye on it and think about what makes sense.  Good luck with the bankroll!  Smiley

dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 11:29:47 PM

I just played a 12-player freeroll.  I wanted to watch one of the other tables while I was playing, but the 'observe table' button only offered the choice of tables 1 through 3.  I wanted to watch table 6.  Is there some way to watch tables with numbers higher than 3?  I tried double-clicking the player's name, but that didn't work.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
OneVillain (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2012, 11:41:12 PM

I just played a 12-player freeroll.  I wanted to watch one of the other tables while I was playing, but the 'observe table' button only offered the choice of tables 1 through 3.  I wanted to watch table 6.  Is there some way to watch tables with numbers higher than 3?  I tried double-clicking the player's name, but that didn't work.
Oh, that box scrolls down. Smiley  It's a little quirky, I'd like it if double-clicking the player's name opened their table too.  But single-clicking the table is the only way.

dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 01:01:19 AM

Oh, that box scrolls down. Smiley  It's a little quirky, I'd like it if double-clicking the player's name opened their table too.  But single-clicking the table is the only way.

Oh, OK then.  I didn't see a scroll bar, but maybe there is one.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
jjustinn

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 01:41:34 PM

Are people still having issues with being frozen out and being unable to login?

Just got slammed with those issues a bit ago. Wondering if there are any solutions.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: