Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:42:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: OneVillain.com Heads-Up Poker  (Read 9634 times)
cambda

Activity: 759
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 01:53:53 PM

Are people still having issues with being frozen out and being unable to login?

Just got slammed with those issues a bit ago. Wondering if there are any solutions.

I have tried IE 8.0, Google Chrome 21.0 and Mozilla Firefox 15.0.1 and all have the same issue, it sometimes freezes when new table is openned up. Nice to see Im not alone... I can refresh the page and login normally then though
OneVillain (OP)

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2012, 05:25:06 PM

Just got slammed with those issues a bit ago. Wondering if there are any solutions.

I have tried IE 8.0, Google Chrome 21.0 and Mozilla Firefox 15.0.1 and all have the same issue, it sometimes freezes when new table is openned up. Nice to see Im not alone... I can refresh the page and login normally then though
Ya, I spoke with the software developer about it.  He thinks it's a computer performance issue.  He asks:

"Sounds like a PC performance issue. Are they running on a Windows machine?  How old is it?  What does Windows Task Manager show for the CPU load?  Do they have the latest version of Flash?"

Any info you can provide in response to these questions would be helpful.  I'll let him know more people are reporting the problem.

♠ Heads-Up Bitcoin poker [we're closed, thanks for giving us a shot]: OneVillain.com ♦♣ Follow us on Twitter
OneVillain (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2012, 05:25:55 PM

Could you be more clear?  I've never heard of anyone having trouble logging in.  What happens when you try to login?

And please see my above response to camda regarding the table freezing, any info you can give would help us figure out why this happens to some people.  Thanks.

♠ Heads-Up Bitcoin poker [we're closed, thanks for giving us a shot]: OneVillain.com ♦♣ Follow us on Twitter
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 07:14:39 PM

What's your policy on two players playing from the same IP address?

Some places (e.g. Seals) are OK with it, most places ban it in the client.

I don't want to get into trouble if it's the case that your policy prohibits it but your software allows it...

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
OneVillain (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2012, 08:31:10 PM

I don't want to get into trouble if it's the case that your policy prohibits it but your software allows it...
We allow it, no worries.  I don't know what your wife's policy is though, if you win a lot of bitcoins from her maybe you could get into trouble that way.

Since collusion isn't possible playing Heads-Up, there's no harm that can be done, so we leave it open for friends and roommates and husbands/wives etc. to play against each other.

dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 08:37:36 PM

We allow it, no worries.  I don't know what your wife's policy is though, if you win a lot of bitcoins from her maybe you could get into trouble that way.

Since collusion isn't possible playing Heads-Up, there's no harm that can be done, so we leave it open for friends and roommates and husbands/wives etc. to play against each other.

Her policy seems to be that she gets half of anything I win.  And I get - no, wait, that's all.

I had a dream last night that I was playing a hold'em hand.  All 5 community cards and all 20 player hole cards were the same suit.  It didn't strike me as odd at the time that there were 25 cards of the same suit.  I forgot about it until I started playing on OneVillian today.  On my first hand I flopped a flush and it all came back to me. Smiley

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
OneVillain (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2012, 08:46:02 PM

I had a dream last night that I was playing a hold'em hand.  All 5 community cards and all 20 player hole cards were the same suit.  It didn't strike me as odd at the time that there were 25 cards of the same suit.  I forgot about it until I started playing on OneVillian today.  On my first hand I flopped a flush and it all came back to me. Smiley
Haha. That's always fun when something IRL sparks a dream recall.  Of course, I wonder how many really awesome dreams could have been remembered but get totally forgotten. 

cambda

Activity: 759
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 11:24:50 PM

"Sounds like a PC performance issue. Are they running on a Windows machine?  How old is it?  What does Windows Task Manager show for the CPU load?  Do they have the latest version of Flash?"

Flash Player is latest, ActiveX 11.4.402.265, module 11.4.402.278

Netbook Model: Acer eMachine eMD350-21G16i
Processor Intel Atom N450 processor (Dual Core, 1.66 GHz, 512 KB L2 cache, 667 MHz FSB)
Chipset Mobile Intel NM10 Express
Memory 1GB DDR2 
Display Screen 10.1" WSVGA TFT CystalBrite LED (1024x600)
Video Type Intel Graphics Media Acceleator
Storage 160GB HDD SATA
Win XP Home edition Service pack 3

When I play, CPU is 9 out of 10 times in range 15%-30%, 1 out of 10 time in range 30%-75%. It freezes only sometimes when new table opens, but it does not freeze completly, I can click on options or leave and a submenu shows (though when clicking something from the submenu it does nothing) and the submenus hides as well when I click outside out of it - when it freezes I mean this: I cant move the window and i see no action anymore.
OneVillain (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2012, 04:39:11 PM

Thanks.  The software developer suggests "to check the Acer and/or Intel web sites and see if they have a newer video driver available".

To me it seems like more than a PC performance issue. It doesn't appear to be universal though either, so it seems like the software company is a little stumped right now what's causing it. Apparently this has happened in Mavens software for a while, according to one player. Playing Heads-Up though it's more of an inconvenience (cause you might lose a blind or two while you login again), and you're also changing tables more often so it has more of a chance to happen, so I'm gonna do everything I can to help get it figured out.  

OneVillain (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2012, 08:04:17 PM

Last day to qualify for the Sunday freerolls.  Might be a little late to get 500 raked hands in, but still plenty of time to crank out 100 imo.  Right now 7 players are qualified for the 100 hand, 10BTC freeroll.  Tournament is at 4pm ET tomorrow, followed by the 500-hand tourney at 5pm ET.

OneVillain (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2012, 06:18:16 PM
Last edit: September 30, 2012, 06:46:51 PM by OneVillain

Starting now and running through the end of Saturday, old-fashioned Rake Race.  20 BTC in total prizes.

5BTC for first, 2BTC for 2nd, and 1BTC for third, fourth, and fifth.  Additionally, 10BTC freeroll on Sundaym October 7th for anyone with 250 chips or more of total rake.

darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 02:00:19 AM

A)  I have the issue of Chrome sometimes locking up when a new table is opened.  I generally have to reload or even restart the browser.  This problem appears to be with the Mavens software, as Seals also sometimes does this.

B)  Paying 1st and 2nd seems to work.  There is no playing slow to try to sneak into the money, as there is no advantage to it.  I'm not sure if paying an even number of players would tend to fix this problem, though it seems that with 4 players, there is still some opportunity for delaying.
OneVillain (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2012, 02:14:04 AM

A)  I have the issue of Chrome sometimes locking up when a new table is opened.  I generally have to reload or even restart the browser.  This problem appears to be with the Mavens software, as Seals also sometimes does this.

B)  Paying 1st and 2nd seems to work.  There is no playing slow to try to sneak into the money, as there is no advantage to it.  I'm not sure if paying an even number of players would tend to fix this problem, though it seems that with 4 players, there is still some opportunity for delaying.
Ya, we keep getting these reports, I've been in communication with Briggsoft (the software developer) about it.  He seems to be convinced it's a PC performance issue, or at least that's what he's saying while he's not sure what's causing it.  Seems pretty clear to me that it's something funky with the software.  I'm gonna forward your report to him as well, thanks.

We're actually gonna take down the 500 gtd. tourney after today.  It's effectively a value-added tournament, but even still I don't love running tournaments that cost money to play while so many people are having this glitch.  We're just gonna run some 10-chip hyperturbos around the clock, every half hour. We'll throw up a better tournament schedule later.

Agree with you though that paying 2 places makes sense, whenever it's loosely in line with the field size.

hughson

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 03:37:50 AM

A)  I have the issue of Chrome sometimes locking up when a new table is opened.  I generally have to reload or even restart the browser.  This problem appears to be with the Mavens software, as Seals also sometimes does this.

I have the same issue and once the page reloads I do not see my hand. It only last one hand but a little annoying.
OneVillain (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2012, 03:51:47 PM

I have the same issue and once the page reloads I do not see my hand. It only last one hand but a little annoying.
Annoying either way, but try the 'Refresh table' option, under 'Options' in the game screen. 

URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 11:40:51 PM

New round the clock free rolls???  I can play One Villain free rolls anytime of day or night???  Liking the changes.   Smiley
OneVillain (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2012, 12:48:19 AM

New round the clock free rolls???  I can play One Villain free rolls anytime of day or night???  Liking the changes.   Smiley
Haha cool, glad you like it Smiley.  Makes more sense this way, especially with the table freezing thing some people have been experiencing.  At least this way it doesn't cost you anything and there's a new game in <30 mins.

OneVillain (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2012, 02:31:04 AM
Last edit: October 14, 2012, 02:55:31 AM by OneVillain

We're gonna run a new rake race starting tomorrow (Sunday).  Prizes will be a % of total OVP rake (not your personal rake -- the whole site's rake), as follows:

1st 20%
2nd 10%
3rd 5%
4th 5%
5th 5%
6th 5%

glglgl.

Chart will be updated on the promotions page, and we're gonna run it through the end of next Sunday the 21st (so eight days total). May the best grinder win.  

jjustinn

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2012, 09:37:39 AM

OVP stopped paying cashouts?
OneVillain (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2012, 05:31:35 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2012, 05:42:47 PM by OneVillain

OVP stopped paying cashouts?
No?  Sorry, I'm just seeing the thread bump now.  When did you request a cashout and what amount?  Still unpaid or all set?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: