Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 06:49:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I am pretty confident we are the new wealthy elite, gentlemen.  (Read 6366 times)
americanpegasus (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 03:17:12 AM

Bragging about being in sixth place crypto marketwise is equivalent to bragging about your site ranking top of page 8 in the Google index.

~BCX~

Dude if my website showed up on Page 8 of Google, I could register for a badge to CES each year. 

That would be fucking sweet.

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2015, 03:17:33 AM

Well it's been a couple of months.  

Things are slow on the Monero development front, but the price has remained stable.  

I'm still plugging along, buying what Monero I can with my extra income and encouraging crypto-enthusaists to do the same.  In an image that will surely be historic one day, we sit in 6th place behind a few unworthy opponents with some shining exceptions:  

Bragging about being in sixth place crypto marketwise is equivalent to bragging about your site ranking top of page 8 in the Google index.

~BCX~

If you time-warp back a few months, you'll see that it's heading in the right direction--which I think is AP's point. Who knows, maybe someone will attack it again and prove how well it scales--that could bump it a couple more spots. Let's hope.

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2015, 03:09:04 PM

In the meantime social media awareness of Monero is slowly growing, and hopefully people will adopt quickly during the speculation phase instead of sitting on the sidelines like I did with bitcoin.  Sometimes we know something good when we see it, but are scared to commit.

That was exactly the case with Bitcoin and me. I first heard about Bitcoin after the '11 Mt. Gox hack, via the Ludwig von Mises Institute blog. Back then, they were against Bitcoin in favour of gold. I saw the evangelists do their thing in the comments, and I figured that Bitcoin was well worth putting some serious money into. So I lurked on Bitcointalk for a while, looking for how to protect against thieves, and saw advice about passwords and cold-walleting. But I also saw mentions of password-stealing keylogger malware, and that freaked me out. It freaked me out to the point where I not only lost my common sense (i.e., why would someone target little old me?) but also lost my "think." It didn't occur to me to search for an anti-keylogger security solution, and my skeered did overwhelm me from signing up to Bitcointalk back in late May of '11 and asking for help on the issue. To be honest, it was only my stinkin' pride that deterred me: I didn't want to come across as a "nervous Nellie."

Sure, I've had "those" fantasies, but I've got 'em pegged as such. Smiley

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 09:35:34 PM

Cross-posting FYI (Monero and his official forum, some facts about the work they are doing):

No. The reality is that you have no community, no development, no markerting. It's not me saying, you can check it here:

Work in progress -> 3 threads

Funding Required -> 2 threads

You don't have any "Developers Thread" or "testing" area. Nothing. In Academic and technical you have only 9 threads!!!!

You are an absolute fraud. It's good that the real investors do some research, Monero is only a big hype.

Keep spamming, trolling and fudding hard the competition. That's the only you can do.

Please stay on topic; Where is your stuff? Development, testing, marketing, something?

You are telling me you have only your "we are superior" thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.0

And the speculation thread here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=753252.0

That's it? All the rest is fudding and spam?

My God.

Cheesy  Cheesy   Cheesy   Cheesy   Cheesy   Cheesy

Do not believe the Monero hype. Do your own research.

For more info please visit: http://forum.getmonero.org
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2015, 10:35:12 PM

Cross-posting FYI (Monero and his official forum, some facts about the work they are doing):

No. The reality is that you have no community, no development, no markerting. It's not me saying, you can check it here:

Work in progress -> 3 threads

Funding Required -> 2 threads

You don't have any "Developers Thread" or "testing" area. Nothing. In Academic and technical you have only 9 threads!!!!

You are an absolute fraud. It's good that the real investors do some research, Monero is only a big hype.

Keep spamming, trolling and fudding hard the competition. That's the only you can do.

Please stay on topic; Where is your stuff? Development, testing, marketing, something?

You are telling me you have only your "we are superior" thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.0

And the speculation thread here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=753252.0

That's it? All the rest is fudding and spam?

My God.

Cheesy  Cheesy   Cheesy   Cheesy   Cheesy   Cheesy

Do not believe the Monero hype. Do your own research.

For more info please visit: http://forum.getmonero.org

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/

https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero/commits/master

https://github.com/PurpleI2P/i2pd

aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 10:52:34 PM

Ok. And I repeat: to the lurkers/potential Monero investors do your own research, do not believe in threads or hype like this (op main post):

What are you going to do with your Monero wealth once your coins hit upwards of $10,000 a pop?

And the Monero people don't have a real working forum to work in his own currency. Go figure.  Cheesy

(excuse my grammar and vocabulary mistakes, english is my third language)
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2015, 11:00:58 PM

Ok. And I repeat: to the lurkers/potential Monero investors do your own research, do not believe in threads or hype like this (op main post):

What are you going to do with your Monero wealth once your coins hit upwards of $10,000 a pop?

And the Monero people don't have a real working forum to work in his own currency. Go figure.  Cheesy

The forum works fine. Just more traffic here on BCT, on r/monero and on github--I just go to that forum to find specific information and check on funding initiatives. Not sure why you think that is Monero's Achilles's heel, but I don't get a lot of things about dash supporters.

whap

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 11:37:59 PM

Thanks for your advice, any potential investor should be intelligent enough to do some research before investing in an asset or coin. This counts for Monero as well as for your favorite Anon-coin, I know there is a Love-Hate relationship between them but honestly, you should listen to your advice as well and do that research then.

There you will find that within the last 2 weeks, the community officially donated roughly 9000 XMR via the forum integrated funding system to fund a chinese translator and a part time developer(MoneroMoooo), with developers even contributing to it.
You also seem to have overlooked the incredible optimization work done by NoodleDoodle 12 days ago
https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero/pull/337

as well as smooths statement, why not every github commit is obviously shown in the commit list.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.msg11969040#msg11969040

People seem to forget that this is an open source project with NO ipo/pre/ninja/instamine like other coins whose devs can commit to it fulltime.

But then again, your agenda seems obvious. You're only interested in making Monero look bad because you are invested in another coin...and maybe afraid you could have chosen the wrong train. I don't care, and you shouldn't either. Make a decision and live with, it's that simple. But trying to descredit others with vague, personal assumptions is just desperately wimpy.

BTW i am no fan of this Thread AP, i respectfully welcome your efforts and ambition on Monero, but as you can see people get really butthurt about any XMR related topic here. Maybe we carry this over to r/monero?

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 11:40:05 PM
Last edit: July 26, 2015, 11:59:58 PM by smooth

The forum works fine. Just more traffic here on BCT, on r/monero and on github--I just go to that forum to find specific information and check on funding initiatives. Not sure why you think that is Monero's Achilles's heel, but I don't get a lot of things about dash supporters.

Also there is plenty of developer discussion on #monero-dev on freenode every day.

PS. I don't care who is butthurt, especially not scam coin supporters put off by the (to them) appalling precedent of an honestly launched coin doing good work. Don't be mislead about what they are upset about.

QFTFT:

Ah fuck, a Dash owner. Should have known.

It's weird. I remember when Darkcoin was labelling Litecoin 'the most toxic community in the cryptospace'. And I remember thinking, why? What has Litecoin ever done to deserve that title? Charlie Lee is a good guy, LTC was fairly launched with no instamine, it changed the algorythm for the better, had a grassroots orientated ethic where everyone had to contribute to make it work, set against the backdrop of a genuinely hostile BTC crowd - what did Litecoin ever do to deserve that mantra from Darkcoin?

Why is it always seemingly the good projects, I wondered, that get attacked so.

And here we are again, Darkcoin aka Dash once again labelling the taxon 'toxic community' to another fairly launched project, also with a credible collective of good-intentioned developers, honest tech that works and is endorsed and contributed to by some of the most respectable people in the industry.

What is it I wonder about Dash that makes it so antagonistic of fairly launched grassroots projects?

Is it perhaps a kind of psychological denial that's projected outward in view of the hideous 50% instamine that props the entire enterprise up? Perhaps it's the embarrassing cult-like dictat that surrounds thy great leader, Evan Duffield, who is able to afford 'great achievements' for his pot-smoking subordinates.

Dash is quite possibly one of the worst projects I've ever encountered, and I'm not joking when I say that I've yet to meet a Dash owner who is not a brain-dead twat.

If that's toxic, then I apologise on your behalf. Because if calling out a project for being absolute bullshit (and yes, that does indeed include snake-oil) makes me a cunt, then let it be so.

Because I would much much rather be labelled toxic for speaking the truth, than suffer the taxon of being a part of the most ignorant, passive, suck-cocky, college-doofused plastic-politicked twatstain of a retard community that is Dash, that seemingly doesn't have the brains to understand cryptography, nor the balls to stand-up for what is right.
kazuki49

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 11:47:24 PM

what you are saying has some half-value, always research, but the way you are saying implies Monero has something to hide like *coff coff* a massive instamine and non-features like "Dash"/Darkcoin Cheesy that also tried to steal the name of another cryptonote coin.

whap

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 12:19:56 AM

PS. I don't care who is butthurt, especially not scam coin supporters put off by the (to them) appalling precedent of an honestly launched coin doing good work. Don't be mislead about what they are upset about.

If i was to compare you Devs with the A-Team, i'd say you are B.A. then  Cool
You are right here, i'm only pointing out that the more threads we create, the more space there is to attack. And that only consumes time and resources, but we get literally nothing. 2 Threads should definately be enough, then probably much less people should be pissed off because of their "inability" to ignore them.
Anyway, there are more important things to hassle with.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 12:26:38 AM

If i was to compare you Devs with the A-Team, i'd say you are B.A. then  Cool
You are right here, i'm only pointing out that the more threads we create, the more space there is to attack. And that only consumes time and resources, but we get literally nothing. 2 Threads should definately be enough, then probably much less people should be pissed off because of their "inability" to ignore them.
Anyway, there are more important things to hassle with.

I'm not encouraging more threads. But I'm sure not going to get upset about them just because a bunch of altcoin-community den-of-scoundrels-and-thieves members are upset about them either. Just remember, the average altcoin is a complete scam. Hell the 90th percentile altcoin is still a complete scam. Maybe at 99-percentile you get to some that are only partially scams. That's the population you are dealing with here.

rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 05:55:47 AM

Maybe at 99-percentile you get to some that are only partially scams. That's the population you are dealing with here.

^ this.

Monero may be the altcoin of arrogant, rich, asshole early adopters - but it isn't a scam.  The pump accusations need to take a hard look at the emissions schedule to see it's pure stupidity to make that accusation.

Half the threads are from pro-monero knucklehead trolls.  Other half are from anti Monero trolls.  

At the end of the day I still have more use for trolls (pro & anti) than scammers.
americanpegasus (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 05:14:26 PM

Wow guys, so it's been 9 months and look how far we've come!  The LMDB is done and the GUI is right around the corner.  As well, Monero is flirting with dollar parity!  This is something that we only dreamed of this time last year.  Smiley 

Here's to 2016 being a banner year for Monero.

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 05:40:41 PM

Things are looking good and the future in front of us is looking bright.
Marketcapwise the potential of xmr is in trillions of dollars rather than billions. It is global and better than btc not to mention to fiat.
stoat

Activity: 686
Merit: 270

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2016, 05:43:50 PM

You two complete jokers still flogging that dead horse?

FREEDOMRESERVEFree currency for the British Isles
Visit our website for more info

<-- Click here!
FREEDOMRESERVE By the People and for the People
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 05:49:03 PM

You are an obvious troll and I should not feed you but if you make such a fantastic claim xmr is dead, please bring evidence to back your statement, otherwise you are not been taken seriously.
stoat

Activity: 686
Merit: 270

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2016, 05:52:25 PM

You are an obvious troll and I should not feed you but if you make such a fantastic claim xmr is dead, please bring evidence to back your statement, otherwise you are not been taken seriously.

It's gone sideways for years.  It is not increasing in value and shows no signs of doing so significantly. Therefore it's an unattractive investment.

The founders are also big chunky overweight people.  I prefer my crypto to be founded by slim people with a healthy bmi

FREEDOMRESERVEFree currency for the British Isles
Visit our website for more info

<-- Click here!
FREEDOMRESERVE By the People and for the People
Perancho

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 06:07:21 PM

Please show me JUST ONE person who use Monero in black market.
That is exactly the point of Monero, to hide the person using it!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: