Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:16:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should Munero automatically be replaced with "Bullshite" in Bitcointalk?
Yes - 54 (43.5%)
No - 31 (25%)
It should be banned completely - 17 (13.7%)
What? Munero is better than bitcoin - 22 (17.7%)
Total Voters: 124

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MONERO be CENSORED on Bitcointalk?  (Read 5412 times)
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2015, 11:17:13 AM

Do you care now that half of those topics are not hype?
Right, only 10 of those 20 is hype

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
foold

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

Hello there ! :D

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 05:09:58 PM

It should be censored, I no longer bother with the alts section because it winds me up.

Dimecoin arguably got giveaways banned (or was the final straw) due to the daily influx of posts. Monero dwarfs anything dimecoin did. it might not give stuff away, but it is noisy and irritating and the threads are mostly ridiculous.

Maybe have a rule where a coin in alts gets to a certain limit, and then gets its own dedicated thread. It takes up too much room.

*Edit: I just counted 17 dedicated threads on the first page Altcoin discussion.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                ✯     Get Your FREE Coins NOW!        ✯
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                        ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
Johnny Mnemonic

Activity: 795
Merit: 514

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 05:24:15 PM

It should be censored, I no longer bother with the alts section because it winds me up.

Dimecoin arguably got giveaways banned (or was the final straw) due to the daily influx of posts. Monero dwarfs anything dimecoin did. it might not give stuff away, but it is noisy and irritating and the threads are mostly ridiculous.

Maybe have a rule where a coin in alts gets to a certain limit, and then gets its own dedicated thread. It takes up too much room.

*Edit: I just counted 17 dedicated threads on the first page Altcoin discussion.

Is that all it takes to get a coin banned? A couple of trolls posting spam threads?

Perhaps if I create some dummy accounts and start a bunch of threads about you I can get you banned  Cheesy
luigi1111
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 05:43:32 PM

Is that all it takes to get a coin banned? A couple of trolls posting spam threads?

Perhaps if I create some dummy accounts and start a bunch of threads about you I can get you banned  Cheesy

I've been reporting them; no idea if it helps.
BitmoreCoin

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 01:56:05 AM

The title is misleading. It should Monero, not Munero. Munero should be censored, not Monero.
newb4now

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 02:11:45 AM

I wish someone had spammed me with bitcoin threads back in 2010. Perhaps if given enough exposure to it at that time I would have found a way to buy some

Monero is now where Bitcoin was in 2010. Be thankful that you are being given the opportunity to learn about it during its infancy

Of course 90% of these "spam" threads are not started by long time community members, but instead by trolls or reverse trolls so if you have a problem with it send the trolls a private message instead of blaming the entire Monero community
NattyLiteCoin

Activity: 912
Merit: 1021

If you don’t believe, why are you here?

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 03:24:34 AM

What's the average age on this forum?

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
  25X FASTER THAN BITCOIN, LIGHTNING NETWORK & ATOMIC SWAPS  
  TWITTER          TELEGRAM          REDDIT          DISCORD          MEDIUM          LINKEDIN  
          ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
kekek

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 05:54:51 AM

What's the average age on this forum?

sdmathis

Activity: 546

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 10:47:48 AM

I wish someone had spammed me with bitcoin threads back in 2010. Perhaps if given enough exposure to it at that time I would have found a way to buy some

Monero is now where Bitcoin was in 2010. Be thankful that you are being given the opportunity to learn about it during its infancy

Of course 90% of these "spam" threads are not started by long time community members, but instead by trolls or reverse trolls so if you have a problem with it send the trolls a private message instead of blaming the entire Monero community

If Bitcoin had spammed this way back in 2010, I still wouldn't own any. It's just plain annoying and hurts Monero more than it helps them.

From Above (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 02:07:40 PM

i see this little annoying parasite coin ain't censored yet
good for dem fanboyz, bad for the 98+% of normal bitcointalk members (not belonging to church of munero) tho!

also good 4 guys like me who r here merely 4 dem entertainment. its so funny to see the delusional monero fans being forked by reality. LOL

~CfA~

TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 02:25:53 PM

If Bitcoin had spammed this way back in 2010, I still wouldn't own any. It's just plain annoying and hurts Monero more than it helps them.

I think the vast majority actually enjoys the show here.
It is kinda entertaining while it is partially true (yes Monero in fact has probably the best chances to grow something big among the alts).
I've noticed that mostly the same trolls are complaining about Monero's visibility on bitcointalk (or noob accounts with 1-5 posts and all of them to Darkcoin threads etc).
They claim the Monero threads will drive people away from Monero but actually I think it is quite the opposite. People see what is the most serious coin, which one is the hottest trend and they notice it is Monero.
Therefore, Monero threads will be added even more. Monero news will be spread all over the world. Come and make others the nations the disciples of Monero by teaching them to use it and adapt it. And behold, 1000 000 million Monero price will come at the end.

~TcN~
From Above (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 02:30:04 PM

behold, 1000 000 million Monero price will come at the end.
~TcN~

yes, i agree with that. it has same large possibility as TrueCryptonaire's delusion to leave the flawed brain part of his that is producing this comedy =)

~CfA~

aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 02:47:31 PM
Last edit: July 19, 2015, 02:57:38 PM by aleix

Monero people is posting like crazy in Bitcointalk because his own forum ( http://forum.getmonero.org ) is like this:

The real alternative to Bitcoin and the don't have an active forum to work with his own community.

The feedback of the community here is really amazing:

https://forum.getmonero.org/1/news-announcements-and-editorials  

Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

You can understand that the main tactic with that is spamming the alt section of Bitcointalk with threads and fud competition.

TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 05:24:59 PM

Monero people is posting like crazy in Bitcointalk because his own forum ( http://forum.getmonero.org ) is like this:

The real alternative to Bitcoin and the don't have an active forum to work with his own community.

Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

You can understand that the main tactic with that is spamming the alt section of Bitcointalk with threads and fud competition.

Yes, Monero community consists of long term bitcoiners and they are usually used to use btct so we are having our fun time here and also it is in the meantime a great way to increase of people's awarness towards Monero.
aleix
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 05:45:08 PM

Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

Yes, Monero community consists of long term bitcoiners and they are usually used to use btct so we are having our fun time here and also it is in the meantime a great way to increase of people's awarness towards Monero.

AKA....

The Monero community are the trolls and fudders of the alt-section in Bitcointalk. Great.

icebreaker, smooth, generalize and all the spammers and fudders of this section.

Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

(i think you will need to spam and fud harder to achieve something with your coin)
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 05:47:32 PM

Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

AKA....

The Monero community are the trolls and fudders of the alt-section in Bitcointalk. Great.

icebreaker, smooth, generalize and all the spammers and fudders of this section.

No.
Monero community is here to help you guys to make money.
The idea is to help as many people as possible to jump into this train before it explodes.
aleix
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 06:42:22 PM

Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

AKA....

No.
Monero community is here to help you guys to make money.
The idea is to help as many people as possible to jump into this train before it explodes.

No. The reality is that you have no community, no development, no markerting. It's not me saying, you can check it here:

Work in progress -> 3 threads

Funding Required -> 2 threads

You don't have any "Developers Thread" or "testing" area. Nothing. In Academic and technical you have only 9 threads!!!!

You are an absolute fraud. It's good that the real investors do some research, Monero is only a big hype.

Keep spamming, trolling and fudding hard the competition. That's the only you can do.
sdmathis

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 08:09:11 PM

good for dem fanboyz, bad for the 98+% of normal bitcointalk members (not belonging to church of munero) tho!

also good 4 guys like me who r here merely 4 dem entertainment. its so funny to see the delusional monero fans being forked by reality. LOL

~CfA~

I find all the threads annoying too (and I hold Monero), but the idea of censorship is just plain stupid. Fortunately, theymos doesn't seem to believe in such stupidity as censorship.

kekek

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 09:53:51 PM

~CfA~

I find all the threads annoying too (and I hold Monero), but the idea of censorship is just plain stupid. Fortunately, theymos doesn't seem to believe in such stupidity as censorship.

It wouldn't be the first time that a specific group of threads got banned, last year it was giveaways. Now XMR fans and trolls alike are constantly creating new threads and it's quickly getting out of hand.

I wouldn't like a complete ban like what was done with the aforementioned giveaways, but there should be an attempt to consolidate it into a single thread, the XMR ANN, or even better their own ghost town of a forum.

sdmathis

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 10:32:33 PM

~CfA~

It wouldn't be the first time that a specific group of threads got banned, last year it was giveaways. Now XMR fans and trolls alike are constantly creating new threads and it's quickly getting out of hand.

I wouldn't like a complete ban like what was done with the aforementioned giveaways, but there should be an attempt to consolidate it into a single thread, the XMR ANN, or even better their own ghost town of a forum.

Banning giveaways is completely different than censorship. Censorship is the suppression of speech, public communication or other information where banning giveaways is banning a specific action.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: