Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 04:05:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: sawdice the New Age of Dice - Let's play a game.  (Read 27017 times)
sawdice (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 11:58:07 PM

we do not have any maximum bet limits or deposit / withdraw limits

So you currently have 0% house edge, and no maximum bet?

That sounds like a remarkably risky thing to offer.

If you weren't a totally unknown entity you could find yourself with some huge whales on your hands.

True its a bit risky for now since we have zero house edge, but this is how dice works, one day you win, one day you lose.
the game operators risks as much as anyone else.
As the great Dalai Lama said : Great achievements involve great risks. 

I am considering betting on your site with some larger (but not huge) amounts; can you provide proof of solvency (ie: an address which proves that you have a real/proper/significant bankroll)?

We will provide our cold storage wallet in few days.

★ ★ ▄▀▄ ★ ★ https://www.sawdice.com/★ ★ ▄▀▄ ★ ★

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AltcoinRambo

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 12:59:56 AM

If you weren't a totally unknown entity you could find yourself with some huge whales on your hands.

True its a bit risky for now since we have zero house edge, but this is how dice works, one day you win, one day you lose.

I am considering betting on your site with some larger (but not huge) amounts; can you provide proof of solvency (ie: an address which proves that you have a real/proper/significant bankroll)?

Thanks, I'll wait with my deposit until then.
NLNico
Legendary
hacker

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1282

DiceSites.com owner

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2015, 09:51:46 AM
Last edit: May 28, 2015, 11:49:20 AM by NLNico

So:

1. No max. bet
2. "5 figures cold storage"
3. Zero house edge

and...

4. Terrible CoinDice script that actually has some scam accusations against them...?

Lol, really...? One would think you could afford a decent programmer with so much money.

For those questioning if it is really that CoinDice script, anyone can see this in their network tab of their browser console and also it's stated in this CSS file: http://sawdice.com/themes/Saw/main.css
Code:
© CoinDice *  Demo: http://www.btcircle.com/dice

You also claim to have a fantastic provably fair method:
How sawdice provably fair system makes it special ?
Most other dice games who claim that they provely (?) fair while they are not, they do some tricks to cheat the players, here is some of them :
1 ) some dice games do provide you with the server seed in sha256 hashed format, but they never provide you the unhashed server after you play.
2 ) some others do not provide you with the hashed server seed and they only provide it after you play.
3 ) some others do not allow you to change your client seed so they force a client seed that makes the result known to them even before you bet.
4) some others tell you that the server seed will not be published till some time later after you bet.
all those tricks are done at many of the dice games websites but not at SawDice, our system is free of all those ticks and any tricks to cheat our players and make it a truly fair.

But truthfully it is one of the worst implementations of provably fair that make it extremely easy for the site owner to cheat. I am NOT accusing you of doing that AT ALL, just saying it's technically very easy:

1. You only send the serverseed hash to my browser, if I specifically click "Fair" tab. If a player does not do that before every bet, you can make the outcome anything you like so the site can make the player lose literally every bet.
2. Even if the player does that, he still has to change clientseed manually before every bet because the site does not change it randomly in a cryptographic secure way in the browser. So let's say I change my client seed first time, second bet you know it already and you can give a serverseed hash based on this and my betting pattern (if I am going for 50% low every bet, you can give me serverseed hashes that make me lose based on my unchanged clientseed.)

Requiring the player to click "Fair" tab and manually change their clientseed EVERY TIME before they bet, is not really provably fair IMHO.

I would advise you to look how the bigger sites do it and use a "server- and clientseed + nonce" method.

For players, at this point, I would advise to not play here until that cold storage address is provided and the provably fair implementation is improved.

BitBatFan

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 11:58:37 AM

Not a lot life on this site  Undecided
98problems

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 12:25:55 PM

Not a lot life on this site  Undecided
well its pretty new right now and they keep on developing it, so it might attract a lot of players in near future

HarryPotHead

Activity: 192

You are what you eat. PIZZA!

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 12:36:56 PM

Smart looking dice site, will give you a go as soon as I get some funds transferred. Hope you can provide a nice cold storage wallet or you will not hear the end of it admin. 

sawdice (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2015, 06:16:05 PM
Last edit: May 29, 2015, 06:13:00 AM by sawdice

So:

1. No max. bet
2. "5 figures cold storage"
3. Zero house edge

and...

4. Terrible CoinDice script that actually has some scam accusations against them...?

Lol, really...? One would think you could afford a decent programmer with so much money.

For those questioning if it is really that CoinDice script, anyone can see this in their network tab of their browser console and also it's stated in this CSS file: http://sawdice.com/themes/Saw/main.css
Code:
© CoinDice *  Demo: http://www.btcircle.com/dice

You also claim to have a fantastic provably fair method:
How sawdice provably fair system makes it special ?
Most other dice games who claim that they provely (?) fair while they are not, they do some tricks to cheat the players, here is some of them :
1 ) some dice games do provide you with the server seed in sha256 hashed format, but they never provide you the unhashed server after you play.
2 ) some others do not provide you with the hashed server seed and they only provide it after you play.
3 ) some others do not allow you to change your client seed so they force a client seed that makes the result known to them even before you bet.
4) some others tell you that the server seed will not be published till some time later after you bet.
all those tricks are done at many of the dice games websites but not at SawDice, our system is free of all those ticks and any tricks to cheat our players and make it a truly fair.

But truthfully it is one of the worst implementations of provably fair that make it extremely easy for the site owner to cheat. I am NOT accusing you of doing that AT ALL, just saying it's technically very easy:

1. You only send the serverseed hash to my browser, if I specifically click "Fair" tab. If a player does not do that before every bet, you can make the outcome anything you like so the site can make the player lose literally every bet.
2. Even if the player does that, he still has to change clientseed manually before every bet because the site does not change it randomly in a cryptographic secure way in the browser. So let's say I change my client seed first time, second bet you know it already and you can give a serverseed hash based on this and my betting pattern (if I am going for 50% low every bet, you can give me serverseed hashes that make me lose based on my unchanged clientseed.)

Requiring the player to click "Fair" tab and manually change their clientseed EVERY TIME before they bet, is not really provably fair IMHO.

I would advise you to look how the bigger sites do it and use a "server- and clientseed + nonce" method.

For players, at this point, I would advise to not play here until that cold storage address is provided and the provably fair implementation is improved.

For your points 1-2-3 i don't see any problems it's not so good to have max bet / 5 figure cold storage /  zero hours edge for few days .
* the cold storage is just 3 figures not 5 figures ( sorry my mistake i typed the wrong number )

Point 4 yes it's CoinDice's script but its heavily re-programmed in most of its parts, its easy to see that ( why to invent a computer from scratch  while you can buy one and edit it  ? ) and if you looked at the edits and the design we made you will know that we have spent much money and time to get it to that level.

about your last point ( which we claim to have a fantastic provably fair method )
yes we have the best provably fair method , we did our best to make our provably fair at most transparency, not like all the other site but thank you , you get my attention to make it more transparency .. by adding an option to make  the  client seed  generated randomly from browser with each bet i do not think that hard for implement in the next 2 days, thank you.

Over all we are not here to cheat any body or its like the small dice sites who buy buggy script and install it on cheap vps or host and then close after few weeks or month .. We came to stay and make a difference, what you see is just v1 and we do not stop programming on its every single days.  

★ ★ ▄▀▄ ★ ★ https://www.sawdice.com/★ ★ ▄▀▄ ★ ★
shogdite

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

LIR Dev. www.letitride.io

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 09:05:20 PM

I gave you a try for your 0% house edge which I have to add is a pretty good promotion to start your site on, my risked amount was not much because I've found it hard to trust any new site on this forum due to the past happenings. Anyway you have a basic site to work with there is so much more you could do visually and with the sound effects that would make your site so much better. I will check back now and again to see how you getting on and what improvements have been made.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1327

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 10:25:33 PM

about your last point ( which we claim to have a fantastic provably fair method )
yes we have the best provably fair method , we did our best to make our provably fair at most transparency, not like all the other site

You have to be joking. Your system is among the worst I've seen. Imagine being a player on your site, and wanting to make 100 provably fair bets. How much work would they have to do? They would have to note 100 different server seed hashes, change their client seed 100 times, verify 100 server seed hashes, and verify 100 rolls. That's so much work that literally nobody is going to do it.

Compare that with a site like Just-Dice where each player gets a single pair of seeds (one server seed hash, one client seed). They make 100 bets, then chose to reveal the server seed and can verify all 100 bets with a single click.

For you to claim that your system is somehow better than that is beyond belief. No sane person could compare the too and find your to be better.

To address your 4 points:

How sawdice provably fair system makes it special ?[/b]

1. if a site doesn't provide the server seed ever, then it isn't provably fair
2. if a site doesn't provide the server seed hash, then it isn't provably fair
3. if a site doesn't let the client set the client seed, then it isn't provably fair
4. publishing the server seed after you bet is the only time to publish it. if you publish it before, the player can cheat. but forcing it to be changed after every single bet makes verification too much work for the user. it's better to let the user decide when to change it.

As usual, NLNico's point were right, and I'm pretty much just repeating them.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
omahapoker

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 04:22:33 PM

yes we have the best provably fair method , we did our best to make our provably fair at most transparency, not like all the other site

You have to be joking. Your system is among the worst I've seen. Imagine being a player on your site, and wanting to make 100 provably fair bets. How much work would they have to do? They would have to note 100 different server seed hashes, change their client seed 100 times, verify 100 server seed hashes, and verify 100 rolls. That's so much work that literally nobody is going to do it.

Compare that with a site like Just-Dice where each player gets a single pair of seeds (one server seed hash, one client seed). They make 100 bets, then chose to reveal the server seed and can verify all 100 bets with a single click.

For you to claim that your system is somehow better than that is beyond belief. No sane person could compare the too and find your to be better.

To address your 4 points:

How sawdice provably fair system makes it special ?[/b]

1. if a site doesn't provide the server seed ever, then it isn't provably fair
2. if a site doesn't provide the server seed hash, then it isn't provably fair
3. if a site doesn't let the client set the client seed, then it isn't provably fair
4. publishing the server seed after you bet is the only time to publish it. if you publish it before, the player can cheat. but forcing it to be changed after every single bet makes verification too much work for the user. it's better to let the user decide when to change it.

As usual, NLNico's point were right, and I'm pretty much just repeating them.

yeah doog thanks for repeating nico's points.

doog have you tried the 0% edge? site looks nice . they should come out will info / would get them more players
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2015, 06:34:50 PM

There is absolutely no reason that you should be waiting to provide your cold storage wallet, other than some fishy excuse. Why are you waiting a few days to do something that would take 30-60 seconds? That's unreasonable and the only thing I can think of is that you're planning to make a runner with the deposited BTC.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
FanEagle
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 1112

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 07:08:52 PM

Bug or something like it:
I betted at 71%, and it always gave me back 0,2 bits even if loss, now I cannot even call for faucet because it's not 0.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Shogen
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 01:52:31 AM

3 days has passed but the cold wallet address is still no where to be seen. What is taking you so long?

DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2015, 03:14:16 AM

3 days has passed but the cold wallet address is still no where to be seen. What is taking you so long?

The fact that they're intentionally delaying giving out the cold storage wallet (well, there's no real valid reason for a delay) sets off massive alarm bells already. It's not exactly something that requires you to make lots of database queries and spend hours upon hours finding, is it?

dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1327

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 04:12:49 AM

The fact that they're intentionally delaying giving out the cold storage wallet (well, there's no real valid reason for a delay) sets off massive alarm bells already. It's not exactly something that requires you to make lots of database queries and spend hours upon hours finding, is it?

I guess it's possible their 5 figure sum of BTC is split over 1000 different paper wallets, and it was going to take them 2 or 3 days to collect it all into a single address, but it's been long enough now that at least some kind of update would be useful.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2015, 05:06:48 AM

I guess it's possible their 5 figure sum of BTC is split over 1000 different paper wallets, and it was going to take them 2 or 3 days to collect it all into a single address, but it's been long enough now that at least some kind of update would be useful.

Well, did you store JD's BTC cold storage over 1000 different paper wallets? Wink Perhaps in a very distant world that could be possible...but you'd think even then that they would have collected it all up before announcing their site or at least offered an explanation, right?

The 1st of June is rapidly approaching...let's see what happens!

NLNico
Legendary
hacker

Merit: 1282

DiceSites.com owner

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2015, 05:20:55 AM
Last edit: May 31, 2015, 05:33:56 AM by NLNico

Actually that "5 figure" seems like a typo..
* the cold storage is just 3 figures not 5 figures ( sorry my mistake i typed the wrong number )
Even if you have 999 coins, you can def. not offer "no maximum bet". Just-Dice used to have 100-200 coin bets like it was no big deal and even 20-30 coin bets would be too risky. But let's wait for the cold storage wallet and we can consider it from there.

For your points 1-2-3 i don't see any problems
I didn't mean to say that the first 3 points were bad. I meant to say that they do not seem to be consistent with using a script that has many accusations of backdoors in it. In my estimation someone with decent money would in fact make their own script from scratch (with some trusted opensource frameworks) or at least not base their site on -that- script. But if you do feel comfortable using that script, that's your choice I guess.

yes we have the best provably fair method
As emphasized by dooglus, this is absolutely not true. Your lack of knowledge about the provably fair mechanism is slightly concerning.

edit: I thought they had a max of 20 coin bets, but actually they have no limit in max bet - which is rather impossible "even" with a 3 figure bankroll.

DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2015, 05:22:50 AM

Actually that "5 figure" seems like a typo..
Pretty sure that even 999 coins is still risky to cover 20 coin bets, but let's wait for the cold storage wallet and we can consider it from there.
That's gotta be a flat-out lie. Even mis-typing 1 digit off I would feel like it was a lie, but you don't accidentally claim that it was 5 figures and then backtrack when called out...

yes we have the best provably fair method
Lol, nope. You most certainly do not.

hunkey600

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 05:30:22 AM

Zero house edge this is something unique, i am gonna try, lets see how its goes.

boopy265420
Legendary

Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 06:56:50 AM

After having read all the comments I would say missing of cold wallet and unlimited betting option these two things are really very disturbing and illogical even after so much discussion.OP should make these valid points raised by various respected members clear and satisfy them as soon as possible.I will deposit a little after all will be settled down in fair and clear way.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: