Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:23:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2000-4000 BTC loan - Hookah Lounge  (Read 28983 times)
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 04:57:57 PM

Why not get the loan from the Bank of Dank? Do they think it is too high risk?
lol

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
dank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 05:03:00 PM

If an attorney supports you and your plans fully, why not ask him to be your investor?  
Lawyers are legally obligated not to participate in such an activity.

If we are to rely on his or her legal advice to judge the quality of this investment it would be nice to have more information.  Your need for secrecy seems to be bordering on a level of paranoia which is unnecessary for a legitimate businessman such as yourself.  I hope you are not planning this business while on dangerous drugs.
You aren't relying on his legal advice, you're not investing.  It truly does not concern you who my lawyer is.

You are the one begging for a loan on a public forum.  I'm simply telling you what the public will want to know.  

Once again, another article, completely unrelated to the thread, with no sources, no studies, no proof.

You can look up the study yourself, but nobody is going to take your conclusions more seriously than what the USC doctors have said.  I hope your non-denial of current drug use does not suggest that you are still using.
Just because someone advocates truth over propaganda does not mean they use drugs.  I've shown several studies proving cannabis cures cancer, now you're making an unsupported claim saying it causes testicular cancer.  Burden of proof is on you.  Make your own thread if you want to spread your propaganda, it's completely irrelevant from this.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Rarity

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Look upon me, BitcoinTalk, for I...am...Rarity!

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 05:09:49 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2012, 05:20:20 PM by Rarity

I've shown several studies proving cannabis cures cancer

No, you have not.  As I have pointed out you mistake some chemicals found in marijuana showing tumor shrinking properties in some studies with "curing cancer" even though the same chemical shows the opposite in other studies.  Meanwhile,  actually smoking the plant itself is linked to things like the increase in testicular cancer which the study I just linked about shows.  You also argue that tobacco is perfectly safe so it's kind of pointless to even try and pretend you know literally anything about anything at this point though.

Just because someone advocates truth over propaganda does not mean they use drugs.

Are you or are you not currently an illegal drug user?  This is information investors should know.

What?  Maybe in some places, I don't know, but it's not that uncommon a practice.  There are ethical concerns but it's generally allowed.

Generally you just need a lot of informed consent.  For example, here is the North Carolina rule:

(a) A lawyer shall not enter into a business transaction with a client or knowingly acquire an ownership, possessory, security or other pecuniary interest directly adverse to a client unless:

(1) the transaction and terms on which the lawyer acquires the interest are fair and reasonable to the client and are fully disclosed and transmitted in writing in a manner that can be reasonably understood by the client;

(2) the client is advised in writing of the desirability of seeking and is given a reasonable opportunity to seek the advice of independent legal counsel on the transaction; and

(3) the client gives informed consent, in a writing signed by the client, to the essential terms of the transaction and the lawyer’s role in the transaction, including whether the lawyer is representing the client in the transaction.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/ethics/nc/code/NC_CODE.HTM#Rule_1.7

"Money is like manure: Spread around, it helps things grow. Piled up in one place, it just stinks."
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 05:14:42 PM

I've shown several studies proving cannabis cures cancer

No, you have not.  As I have pointed out you mistake some chemicals found in marijuana showing tumor shrinking properties in some studies with "curing cancer" even though the same chemical shows the opposite in other studies.  Meanwhile,  actually smoking the plant itself is linked to things like the increase in testicular cancer which the study I just linked about shows.  You also argue that tobacco is perfectly safe so it's kind of pointless to even try and pretend you know literally anything about anything at this point though.

Just because someone advocates truth over propaganda does not mean they use drugs.

Are you or are you not currently an illegal drug user?  This is information investors should know.
Your link was an article.  Not a study, learn the difference, these are studies:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19442435
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14570037

And this is cannabis curing cancer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmviQBB5DHs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0psJhQHk_GI

I never argued tobacco is perfectly safe, your distorting my words excessively.  It's, by far, the deadliest drug.

Regarding your last question, no.

Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
BorderBits

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 05:23:22 PM

No they aren't.  You should really ask the attorney whom you know to be an investor.  Besides, if he or she feels that there would be a conflict of interest, I'm sure the lawyer you know would be happy to take on an investor role and could bring in a colleague to handle legal issues.
Rarity

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 05:24:20 PM

Your link was an article.  Not a study, learn the difference, these are studies:

Learn to stop being illiterate. I said I linked about a study, not to a study.  Your links to studies to do not back up your claims of a cancer cure nor do your video links to unscientific anecdotal stories.  

I never argued tobacco is perfectly safe, your distorting my words excessively.

Quote from: dank
A lot of people smoke when they're stressed.  A lot of people associate negative thinking with cigarettes.  Negative thinking is what causes sickness, it's created in your mind.  You can smoke cigarettes and as long as you don't let you're problems consume your life, you'll be fine.  Life is what you believe after all.

This is a claim that tobacco is safe and that negative thinking is the cause of dangers falsely attributed to tobacco. 

"Money is like manure: Spread around, it helps things grow. Piled up in one place, it just stinks."
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 05:27:15 PM

Learn to stop being illiterate. I said I linked about a study, not to a study.  Your links to studies to do not back up your claims of a cancer cure nor do your video links to unscientific anecdotal stories.  
If you seriously think people talking about a study has more validity than an actual study, get out of here.  Stop being illiterate and read the studies.

BorderBits, I'm looking for an investor here, not my lawyer.

I never argued tobacco is perfectly safe, your distorting my words excessively.

Quote from: dank
A lot of people smoke when they're stressed.  A lot of people associate negative thinking with cigarettes.  Negative thinking is what causes sickness, it's created in your mind.  You can smoke cigarettes and as long as you don't let you're problems consume your life, you'll be fine.  Life is what you believe after all.

This is a claim that tobacco is safe and that negative thinking is the cause of dangers falsely attributed to tobacco. 
No, you can't just reverse what someone said like that.  Tobacco is not safe, it's dangerous, but you will not get cancer from it if you have a strong soul, as you only become sick with a weak soul.  It's that simple.

Rarity

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 05:31:52 PM

If you seriously think people talking about a study has more validity than an actual study, get out of here.  Stop being illiterate and read the studies.

The person who conducted the study is quoted in the article.  A medical expert who has carefully reviewed the data.  You, on the other hand, are a drug addict who so misunderstands science that you think tobacco does not cause cancer but somehow see yourself as capable of comprehending studies better than medical experts.  Yes, I will trust the experts on this and enjoy my reduced risk of nut cancer.

Negative thinking is what causes sickness
I believe sickness is caused by a weak soul

Why would tobacco be dangerous if negative thinking is what causes the sickness, not tobacco?

No, you can't just reverse what someone said like that.  Tobacco is not safe, it's dangerous, but you will not get cancer from it if you have a strong soul, as you only become sick with a weak soul.  It's that simple.

Please link to the study that supports this claim.

dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 05:41:24 PM

The person who conducted the study is quoted in the article.  A medical expert who has carefully reviewed the data.  You, on the other hand, are a drug addict who so misunderstands science that you think tobacco does not cause cancer but somehow see yourself as capable of comprehending studies better than medical experts.  Yes, I will trust the experts on this and enjoy my reduced risk of nut cancer.

Negative thinking is what causes sickness

Why would tobacco be dangerous if negative thinking is what causes the sickness, not tobacco?

No, you can't just reverse what someone said like that.  Tobacco is not safe, it's dangerous, but you will not get cancer from it if you have a strong soul, as you only become sick with a weak soul.  It's that simple.

Please link to the study that supports this claim.
I'm done with you putting words in my mouth.  You clearly will never be competent enough to grasp the concepts I'm portraying, not in this lifetime anyways.  Go make your own thread, get out of mine.

Rarity

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 05:43:40 PM

You attributed the dangers of tobacco use to specific causes.  Negative thinking and weak souls.  These words were not put in your mouth, they came out of it.  

Am I too surmise that you do not have any studies to back this up?  Don't get me wrong, I know it's true that many, many diseases are actually psychosomatic in origin but poisons and toxins and germs are real things that cause physical damage to our bodies.  Even with the many psychosomatic conditions, however, a great degree of purification, specialized spiritual knowledge, training, and discipline is required to regain health.  It is not as simple as being weak or strong.

Jalum

Activity: 774
Merit: 500

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 05:45:24 PM

My attorney knows me quite well, he knows my plans in life and he supports me fully. 

When did your dad pass the bar?

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 05:51:45 PM

You attributed the dangers of tobacco use to specific causes.  Negative thinking and weak souls.  These words were not put in your mouth, they came out of it. 

Am I too surmise that you do not have any studies to back this up? 
You can only study spirituality within your mind, not science.  Try using logic to disprove my claim that a weak soul causes sickness, otherwise, try using logic to understand my claim.

Once again, what does this have to do with my hookah lounge?

My attorney knows me quite well, he knows my plans in life and he supports me fully.

When did your dad pass the bar?
My dad is not my attorney and my dad does not understand nor support me the way others do.

Rarity

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 05:54:28 PM

You can only study spirituality within your mind, not science.  Try using logic to disprove my claim that a weak soul causes sickness, otherwise, try using logic to understand my claim.

I recognize the value of spiritual learning.  Are we in agreement, however, that all scientific learning shows tobacco, the product you are selling in your hookah lounge, to be an extremely dangerous product? 

And if the weak soul is what causes the sickness, why do you keep claiming that tobacco is what is dangerous?

dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 05:58:41 PM

I recognize the value of spiritual learning.  Are we in agreement, however, that all scientific learning shows tobacco, the product you are selling in your hookah lounge, to be an extremely dangerous product?
Yes, I never stated otherwise.

If you recognize the value of spiritual learning, I'd advice you to meditate or something on the value of spiritual healing.

There's two ways to look at things, Rarity, it can be both.

Rarity

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 06:05:04 PM

If you were to expose yourself to enough radiation to induce a cancerous growth, could you prove your ability to resist it via spiritual means?  And if so, why don't you for the benefit of the rest of us?

And why on page 1 did you argue with someone who asked you if warnings on cigarette packets were wrong if you acknowledge the scientifically proven dangers the packets note?

heatstroke

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 06:16:16 PM

Hey dank, why don't we both stand in front of an X-Ray machine until we get cancer.  Then, I'll go to doctors and chemotherapy, and you sit there and focus on your soul power or whatever.  Who do you think would survive longer?
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 06:37:46 PM

If you were to expose yourself to enough radiation to induce a cancerous growth, could you prove your ability to resist it via spiritual means?  And if so, why don't you for the benefit of the rest of us?

And why on page 1 did you argue with someone who asked you if warnings on cigarette packets were wrong if you acknowledge the scientifically proven dangers the packets note?
To put it simply, life is what you believe, what you perceive to be true.  If you believe you're limited to earths physical boundaries, then you will be limited by them.  If you believe you're not, you won't be.

Hey dank, why don't we both stand in front of an X-Ray machine until we get cancer.  Then, I'll go to doctors and chemotherapy, and you sit there and focus on your soul power or whatever.  Who do you think would survive longer?
I would, you'd be wasted away by chemotherapy, which kills all your cells, not just cancerous ones.  I don't suppose you'd like to find out, would you?

Rarity

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 06:42:16 PM

If you believe you're limited to earths physical boundaries, then you will be limited by them.  If you believe you're not, you won't be.

Your resistance to disease can be easily proven without resorting to cancer.  For example, you and a control group could be exposed to a cold virus or other minor disease and we could see if you showed resistance.  This ability is entirely scientifically testable.

Do you have any other spiritual powers you could demonstrate for us?  Could you demonstrate your transcendence of Earth's physical boundaries by teleporting yourself to the moon, taking a picture, and returning to Earth with the photo as proof?

dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 06:45:38 PM

If you believe you're limited to earths physical boundaries, then you will be limited by them.  If you believe you're not, you won't be.

Your resistance to disease can be easily proven without resorting to cancer.  For example, you and a control group could be exposed to a cold virus or other minor disease and we could see if you showed resistance.  This ability is entirely scientifically testable.

Do you have any other spiritual powers you could demonstrate for us?  Could you demonstrate your transcendence of Earth's physical boundaries by teleporting yourself to the moon, taking a picture, and returning to Earth with the photo as proof?
Not yet, maybe one day.  You have heard of supernatural occurrences though, right?

silverbox
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 07:12:12 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2012, 08:43:18 PM by silverbox

Hey Dank, how much have you raised so far for your hookah lounge?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: