Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:46:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Minor trust score algorithm change  (Read 7299 times)
lolxxxx
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1032

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 08:32:57 PM

Quickseller removed from the trust i just saw.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 08:35:11 PM

That was before this change happened.
EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469

https://Ecua.Mobi

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 08:35:34 PM

I agree that the numbers should be scaled back...I kicked it on default trust only and it seems like everyone has huge scores now. Maybe a scale of -100 - +100 would be better. It seems like being trusted will be easier, and that is not a good thing around here.

Yeah, they're way too high in my opinion. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=343102 That guy only has one feedback from me I left over a year ago and he was 1: -0 / +1 the other day and now he's 10: -0 / +1. What are the question marks all about like here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=320943 ? ??: 1 / +2?

Exactly...It really diminishes the value of having earned a lot trust in my opinion. I see people now with high scores that look really trusted all the sudden.. Honestly I think a scale of 1-25 would be really good. It should take years of being honest to get any sort of good reputation here.

IMO the scale doesn't change anything once we get used to it. It's like pricing everything in cents instead of dollars. Soon enough you'd get used to paying 150 cents for a coke instead of USD 1.5. If anything it makes things more detailed. Because there's no decimals in the trust ratings before 0.2 and 0.4 were both shown as 0. Now 2 and 4 are shown differently.

The important part is that everything gets updated to the new scale, for example light green and dark green (which was already changed by theymos). And we must get used to the new scale.

tidus1097

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 08:35:50 PM

Makes no difference. Alot of users still respect his opinion. Thusmore, this post is in the wrong section as it does not pretain to the topic.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 08:38:27 PM

I agree that the numbers should be scaled back...I kicked it on default trust only and it seems like everyone has huge scores now. Maybe a scale of -100 - +100 would be better. It seems like being trusted will be easier, and that is not a good thing around here.

Yeah, they're way too high in my opinion. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=343102 That guy only has one feedback from me I left over a year ago and he was 1: -0 / +1 the other day and now he's 10: -0 / +1. What are the question marks all about like here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=320943 ? ??: 1 / +2?

Exactly...It really diminishes the value of having earned a lot trust in my opinion. I see people now with high scores that look really trusted all the sudden.. Honestly I think a scale of 1-25 would be really good. It should take years of being honest to get any sort of good reputation here.

IMO the scale doesn't change anything once we get used to it. It's like pricing everything in cents instead of dollars. Soon enough you'd get used to paying 150 cents for a coke instead of USD 1.5. If anything it makes things more detailed. Because there's no decimals in the trust ratings before 0.2 and 0.4 were both shown as 0. Now 2 and 4 are shown differently.

The important part is that everything gets reflected to the new scale, for example light green and dark green (which was already changed by theymos). And we must get used to the new scale.

I disagree since we have a scammer issue here. I think earning even 1 green trust should be a real hassle. It should be rare to see people with green trust around here with all the scams and B.S. Take my score for example on default trust... +196 that to me is just silly. Maybe on a scale of 1-25 I should be a +5 or even lower.
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2198

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 08:41:10 PM

At least darkgreen should be hard to obtain. Getting 15 points is pretty easy with this algorithm.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469

https://Ecua.Mobi

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 08:47:25 PM

The important part is that everything gets reflected to the new scale, for example light green and dark green (which was already changed by theymos). And we must get used to the new scale.

I disagree since we have a scammer issue here. I think earning even 1 green trust should be a real hassle. It should be rare to see people with green trust around here with all the scams and B.S. Take my score for example on default trust... +196 that to me is just silly. Maybe on a scale of 1-25 I should be a +5 or even lower.

Now the trust is shown as green only when it's at least 5, not 1 as before, so that will help. But I see your point, probably scaling/rounding down would be helpful, especially for the first point(s). Maybe it would make sense to further increase the thresholds for light and dark green.

Also people shouldn't give positive (and negative) trust so easily, especially those on the default trust. For example I really don't think alcaz deserves a trusted positive trust just for sending first $4.40, even if that didn't make his trust green.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 08:55:39 PM

At least darkgreen should be hard to obtain. Getting 15 points is pretty easy with this algorithm.
Exactly. Even though my trust list has just 1 person included (that being you), it has jumped with the new changed.
I'm already: 15: -0 / +2
Although others won't see it that way I guess.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 09:10:41 PM

It does seem like the green points are too easy to obtain (easy to seem trusted) with this algorithm.
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 10:37:16 PM

I don't get it. I probably have more negative trust than anybody else on this forum, but my second # is still 0. Are the trust ratings still weighted (sorry if this has already been answered since I didn't actually read the entire thread).

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 10:39:35 PM

I don't get it. I probably have more negative trust than anybody else on this forum, but my second # is still 0. Are the trust ratings still weighted (sorry if this has already been answered since I didn't actually read the entire thread).

It only counts users from default trust, no? All the negatives you have are in the untrusted list, as far as I can see at least.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 10:40:48 PM

It only counts users from default trust, no? All the negatives you have are in the untrusted list, as far as I can see at least.
It only counts users from people within your trust network.
Tomatocage
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 10:41:51 PM

Ah, ok. Thanks for the explanation Smiley

GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3070

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 10:49:44 PM

After a quick perusal of your trust, I challenge that statement.   Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Tomatocage
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 10:52:08 PM

I stand corrected. Geez man, people getting platinum mad with your ratings.

dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 10:58:15 PM

I still have way more. Or maybe Bick does, will be close. [BFL "competition"]

DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 11:03:29 PM

I still have way more. Or maybe Bick does, will be close. [BFL "competition"]

Psh, all I got is stupid BA, I need to start outing more scammers.

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 11:05:08 PM

My trust network has me at a trust rating of -9999...  Huh
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3070

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 11:27:30 PM

Most of them are abandoned, throw away accounts.   Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
gampher

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 12:00:51 AM

Can i ask a clear explanation on what does the 'month' do or its effect? I cant understand it clearly
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: