Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:33:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Minor trust score algorithm change  (Read 7299 times)
sukamasoto
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

Black Panther

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 04:34:35 PM

The first number is the trust score.

So the trust score appear if you receive any trust include positive and negative on default trust and out of default trust ?

Can i ask a clear explanation on what does the 'month' do or its effect? I cant understand it clearly

I think the score will change after a month

▄._      
                                       ▀█████████▀ 
                                     ,▄▓████████   
                                ╓▄▓███████████▀   
                           ╓▄▓███████▀╙.  ▀█     
                      ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄▄▄▄███         
                 ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄,  ▓███████        
           .▄▄▓██████▀▀╙▄▄▓████▌ ████████         
      .▄▄███████▀▀╙▄▄  ▐███████▌ ████████         
 .▄▄███████▀▀ ▐▄▄▓████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
╙█████▀▀▐▄▄▓  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████        
 ╙▀ ▄▄▓█████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████             

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tidus1097

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 04:40:30 PM

So the trust score appear if you receive any trust include positive and negative on default trust and out of default trust ?

That's what I'm curious about. If someone trades someone out of default trust does it still raise the score? Or is the only way to raise the score is to trade with default trust? If so, that does not seem right. I do understand that you shouldn't trade exclusively with default trust nor do I, but if someone has alot of successful trades with other members that are not on default trust, that does not seem right that they would not get some sort of rating increase. That of course if trading outside default trust does not change your rating.

Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 04:44:11 PM

That's what I'm curious about. If someone trades someone out of default trust does it still raise the score? Or is the only way to raise the score is to trade with default trust? If so, that does not seem right. I do understand that you shouldn't trade exclusively with default trust nor do I, but if someone has alot of successful trades with other members that are not on default trust, that does not seem right that they would not get some sort of rating increase. That of course if trading outside default trust does not change your rating.

Numbers in trust rating increases only if you get positive feedback from default trust list users.

chronicsky
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1222

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 04:46:30 PM

Numbers in trust rating increases only if you get positive feedback from default trust list users.

That's how it has always been , Trade with DF and get Trust else stay Neutral even after 100 Feedbacks Wink
EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469

https://Ecua.Mobi

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 04:46:42 PM

Only ratings from people on your trust network affect how you see other people's trust. For the great majority of users (who don't change any settings) that means only feedback from users on default trust levels up to 2.

If you add or remove people from your trust list you will see everyone's trust differently. The theory is that you don't trust at all users outside of your trust network so their ratings don't matter. The problem is most users never really create their own trust network and just use the  default one.

tidus1097

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 04:51:32 PM

I can and do understand the reasoning behind this and its purpose, but, idk. Seems like their would be a better solution. Maybe a untrusted feedback ranking score as well.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 04:56:57 PM

I can and do understand the reasoning behind this and its purpose, but, idk. Seems like their would be a better solution. Maybe a untrusted feedback ranking score as well.

Untrusted feedback score can easily be manipulated. It won't have any "good" use.

tidus1097

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 05:02:53 PM

Untrusted feedback score can easily be manipulated. It won't have any "good" use.

I feel that default trust can be manipulated as well. So I do not think that argument is valid.
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 05:10:48 PM

I feel that default trust can be manipulated as well. So I do not think that argument is valid.

I don't agree. A user can simply create alts and leave feedback on himself to bump up their untrusted feedback score. A user cannot create alts that are on defaulttrust.
tidus1097

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 05:15:28 PM

I don't agree. A user can simply create alts and leave feedback on himself to bump up their untrusted feedback score. A user cannot create alts that are on defaulttrust.

While that is true, and I do agree with that, but its also true that trust buying goes on here as well. It may not be monetary funds or even cryptocurrency, but the fact does remain trust can be bought. All I'm saying is the system is always ready for improvements. We just have to think about what those improvements could be and implement them to see if the desired effect does work.
koelen3
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1007

Sooner or later, a man who wears two faces forgets

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 05:26:42 PM

While that is true, and I do agree with that, but its also true that trust buying goes on here as well. It may not be monetary funds or even cryptocurrency, but the fact does remain trust can be bought. All I'm saying is the system is always ready for improvements. We just have to think about what those improvements could be and implement them to see if the desired effect does work.

That will be no use , as people will always find exploits and use them for their advantage.
It is best to have this limited to Default User's Only , i don't know if anyone is selling trust but this new change as i understand will make it hard for them.
Even if you get 5 Ratings right now from 5 different people , you will need to wait 1 month to turn Light Green , 2 more months to become Dark Green.
And if only 1 person gives you trust again and again , than it will be Light Green and first number as 10 at the max.
So it is actually better and safer to abuse than before.
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 05:39:34 PM

I still don't see the problem. If you don't like the people on defaulttrust, you can build your own trust list.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 05:55:06 PM

I think the default network is pretty solid now. If anyone leaves some questionable feedback it is openly dealt with here in meta. I just think that the scores are too high and will give newbies a false sence of security. If you are new and see some guy with a +10 trust score you assume he is trusted... I think the new formula is alright just the numbers are too high.
koelen3
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1007

Sooner or later, a man who wears two faces forgets

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 05:57:37 PM

I think the default network is pretty solid now. If anyone leaves some questionable feedback it is openly dealt with here in meta. I just think that the scores are too high and will give newbies a false sence of security. If you are new and see some guy with a +10 trust score you assume he is trusted... I think the new formula is alright just the numbers are too high.

+1
Also i think you're the highest one here with 222  Trust Score  along with Ognasty Cheesy
Can't find anyone else Undecided
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 06:01:00 PM

+1
Also i think you're the highest one here with 222  Trust Score  along with Ognasty Cheesy

dangit, so close with 213

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
PistolPete

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 06:02:12 PM

I think the default network is pretty solid now.

You would think so but no, it isn't.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 06:05:04 PM

What is wrong with it? Disputes seem to get handled well and out in the open.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 06:16:33 PM

+1
Also i think you're the highest one here with 222  Trust Score  along with Ognasty Cheesy

dangit, so close with 213

Well once I add my personal network back I show myself as 444: -0 / +57 and OgNasty being the highest with 479: -0 / +56. I think that with using default only I am probably the highest rated though...not sure.
PistolPete

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 06:23:02 PM

Remember the nice deals with Marco, which allowed him to remain green? This moron got ripped off after being fooled by the nice color.

Ask yourself - would you've got that amount in advance if you didn't have your Level 2 ability? Cross check with all those he threw out of the campaign.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 06:49:21 PM

Remember the nice deals with Marco, which allowed him to remain green? This moron got ripped off after being fooled by the nice color.

Ask yourself - would you've got that amount in advance if you didn't have your Level 2 ability? Cross check with all those he threw out of the campaign.

I think if anything my reputation and good feedback gets me better deals...not being lvl 2 in the trust network. I was getting those "special" deals well before the drama started.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: