Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:18:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: McDonald’s Is Days From Opening Restaurant Run Entirely By Robots  (Read 15853 times)
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2015, 03:38:48 PM

*lol* Right... and posted by a robot. Tongue

But i doubt it will work to buy a robot that works for you. If you can buy that robot then companies could buy masses of them for a way cheaper price. They could then do the work your robot could do for you and you couldnt earn money with your robot. The only way to earn money then would be to make the work that robots cant do.

Yeah but the companies need expensive investment if they want a bunch of robots with the most sophisticated technology. And maybe the robot couldn't clean itself so you need to do that. Or the company will buy new robots if the old robot is old fashioned. So, the company still earn money with their robots.

I guess it will be similar to asic miner development companies. They can mine themselve, or make a quick buck by selling the miners. Cloud roboting might be the next step.  Tongue

But youre right, there will always be jobs that only humans can do.

Cloud roboting + asic mining = proof of work at Mc Donalds = free burgers for bitcoin owners...

Again bitcoiners are ahead of time and predict the future. Now to think about how to exploit that.  Cheesy

The future is upon us. We demand free burgers from our hard working robots slaved to our blockchain...

If an actual government would use them to support their citizens then this might make an unconditional basic income more probable.

As long as the robots dont get the idea to serve us soylent green.  Cheesy

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DataSecurityNode

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2015, 03:44:46 PM

McChicken please.. hold the shrapnel.  Grin
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 01:36:26 PM

Billionaire Cartier Owner Sees Wealth Gap Fueling Social Unrest

Johann Rupert, the South African who has made billions peddling Cartier jewelry and Chloe fashion, said tension between the rich and poor is set to escalate as robots and artificial intelligence fuel mass unemployment.

“We cannot have 0.1 percent of 0.1 percent taking all the spoils,” said Rupert, who has a fortune worth $7.5 billion, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. “It’s unfair and it is not sustainable.”

The founder and chairman of Richemont, whose 20 brands also include Vacheron Constantin and Montblanc, said he expects advances in technology to lead to job losses after having read books on the subject recently. Conflicts between social classes will make selling luxury goods more tricky as the rich will want to conceal their wealth, Rupert said in a speech Monday at the Financial Times Business of Luxury Summit in Monaco.

“How is society going to cope with structural unemployment and the envy, hatred and the social warfare?” he said. “We are destroying the middle classes at this stage and it will affect us. It’s unfair. So that’s what keeps me awake at night.”

Rupert, a university dropout whose father made a fortune setting up Rembrandt Tobacco Corp. and selling it off, has in the past made other social critiques. Nicknamed ‘Rupert the Bear’ for his pessimistic views on the economy, the 65-year-old refers to himself as a “reformed prostitute,” having spent a decade as an investment banker. He said in 2008 that the collateral damage from the financial crisis was yet to come.

“We’re in for a huge change in society,” he said Monday. “Get used to it. And be prepared.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-06-08/billionaire-cartier-owner-sees-wealth-gap-fueling-social-unrest

Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2015, 07:46:23 PM

What will happen to all the people that want higher minimum wage once fast food goes robot? Who will they protest to give them more money for the entry level work?

This would be great and awful...riots would result, unfortunately.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 09:02:35 PM

What will happen to all the people that want higher minimum wage once fast food goes robot? Who will they protest to give them more money for the entry level work?

Then the riot control robot trucks will take care of them...

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 11:31:09 PM

The Way You Order at McDonalds Is About to Change Drastically

Self-service kiosks will expand to 2,000 locations in 2015

McDonald’s will give customers the option of using a tablet to build custom burgers as part of a pilot program that will expand to 2,000 branches nationwide, the company revealed Sunday.

The self-service stations, which McDonald’s has billed as “Create Your Taste,” enable customers to choose from a selection of buns, toppings and sauces on tablet-like touchscreens, USA Today reports.

http://time.com/3623893/mcdonalds-tablets-ordering/

McDonald's hires 7,000 touch-screen cashiers

http://www.cnet.com/news/mcdonalds-hires-7000-touch-screen-cashiers/

(oYo)

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

I like boobies

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2015, 01:07:23 AM

Then the riot control robot trucks will take care of them...

That movie was so ahead of its time. Cool

renbit

Activity: 257

[insert trending meme] 人

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2015, 01:09:11 AM

and nobody will notice

Pips

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

If life gives you lemons, make orange juice.

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 01:42:41 AM

...and thus, poor populations will increase dramatically.

If life gives you lemons, make orange juice and leave them wondering how you did it.
CryptoTrout

Activity: 706

https://twitter.com/CryptoTrout

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2015, 02:50:26 AM

maybe they will finally get my fucking order right
doggieTattoo

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 03:10:46 AM

But will the food still give my diarrhea?

You might find a but bolt once in a while but that's okay

TIDEX ▬▬ .CRYPTO COINS AND ASSET TRADING. ▬▬ TIDEX
▬▬▰▰▬▬▰▰▰▬▬▰▰▰▬▬▰▰▰▬▬▰▰▬▬
NEW EXCHANGE   ZERO FEES
cryptocoiner

Activity: 602

hyperboria - next internet

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2015, 03:37:31 AM

I also hope it will bring prices down at macdonaldses in comparision with other fast food restourants. As I said before, i would be eating there every day. The future is here. And we don't need stupid teens at cashiers anymore. =)

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 05:42:07 AM

I also hope it will bring prices down at macdonaldses in comparision with other fast food restourants.

I don't think so. Their prices are more or less reasonable. The only thing is that they should bring more quality and better hygiene to their food. May be they should use more organic food instead of all those processed items. And using robots might be expensive. The cheapest versions can cost as much as a few hundred thousand USD.
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1123

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 07:26:47 AM

I also hope it will bring prices down at macdonaldses in comparision with other fast food restourants.

I don't think so. Their prices are more or less reasonable. The only thing is that they should bring more quality and better hygiene to their food. May be they should use more organic food instead of all those processed items. And using robots might be expensive. The cheapest versions can cost as much as a few hundred thousand USD.

We can't expect healthy foods in the fast food restaurants. Something that is really cared by businessmen is how they can earn high profit from their business. The robots are expensive, but the employers don't need to pay their salary every month or every week. I guess they will just do maintenance once a year, and the profit from machine is higher than the human employee. Smiley

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2015, 08:40:34 AM

We can't expect healthy foods in the fast food restaurants. Something that is really cared by businessmen is how they can earn high profit from their business. The robots are expensive, but the employers don't need to pay their salary every month or every week. I guess they will just do maintenance once a year, and the profit from machine is higher than the human employee. Smiley

If McDonalds does implement this on a large scale then prices for these robots will dwindle pretty fast. After some tests with industrial robots like these, that are already used in nagoya, japan, for creating food in the restaurant http://singularityhub.com/2009/08/03/the-robots-are-the-chefs-in-this-japanese-restaurant/ , they will create even more specialized robots and those will be even cheaper then. The salary of an employed person will be back in a couple years.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 12:01:54 PM

The robots are expensive, but the employers don't need to pay their salary every month or every week. I guess they will just do maintenance once a year, and the profit from machine is higher than the human employee. Smiley

I don't think they will be able to completely replace their human workforce with robots. May be they'll think about replacing half of the staff with them. And a normal employee costs the McDonalds around $15 per hour (that comes to around $45,000 per year). If a robot can replace 5 employees, it will save them $225,000.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 12:16:17 PM

The Singapore Vertical-Farms that herald an Agricultural Revolution
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nFQOkzEjxQ

High-tech Dutch trend of 'city farming' grows food faster without sunlight
http://www.mlive.com/business/west-michigan/index.ssf/2015/05/high-tech_dutch_farming_grows.html

PlantLab: Urban Farms 40 Times More Productive than Open Fields
http://weburbanist.com/2015/04/02/plantlab-urban-farms-40-times-more-productive-than-open-fields/

Urban farming is still a dream... But. Imaging McDonald's becoming a farmer. McFarming's everywhere...

AccountTrader

Activity: 321

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 12:20:10 PM

Finally. Maybe now the prices can come down to reality.
3$ for a large fry?

Are they crazy?

Bigmac trio is now pushing 10$

That's nuts.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 12:52:51 PM

Finally. Maybe now the prices can come down to reality.
3$ for a large fry?

Are they crazy?

Bigmac trio is now pushing 10$

That's nuts.

Don't forget to eat your vegetables...

Robot broccoli harvester could cut cost of eating your greens

Three-dimensional camera technology from the University of Lincoln is helping in the development of a fully automated robotic system that can harvest broccoli.

The project, which is jointly funded by BBSRC and Innovate UK, will test whether 3D camera technology can be used to identify and select when broccoli is ready for harvesting. This will be a key step towards the development of a fully automatic robotic harvesting system for broccoli, which will significantly reduce production costs.

The University of Lincoln was one of more than 70 UK businesses and universities to share funding through the £70m Agri-Tech Catalyst, which aims to improve the development of agricultural technology in the UK.

Project leader Prof Tom Duckett, group co-ordinator of the Agri-food Technology Research Group at the University of Lincoln, said: “Broccoli is one of the world’s largest vegetable crops and is almost entirely manually harvested, which is costly.” This technology is seen as being an important move towards developing fully automatic robot harvesting systems, which could then be used for a variety of different crops.

“In all our agri-related research work, our mission is to develop new technological solutions for the business of producing food through agriculture. The long-term impact of our research includes safer food, less waste, more efficient food production, and better use of natural resources, as well as promoting human health and happiness.”

The research team includes Dr Grzegorz Cielnak from Lincoln’s School of Computer Science and Dr Simon Pearson from the university’s National Centre for food Manufacturing (NCFM) at Holbeach. The main industry partner is R. Fountain & Son Ltd, horticultural consultants based in Boston, Lincolnshire, who will be responsible for creating the broccoli-cutting device.

Ian Meikle, head of Agriculture and Food at Innovate UK said: “The Agri-tech Strategy aims to make the UK a world leader in agricultural technology, innovation and sustainability. The funding decisions are-expert led and evidence based. They support great ideas that address challenges of the future in food and farming. With business, scientific advancement and research, and the government working together, these investments can unlock potential and deliver major benefits for society and the economy, but also ensure future sustainability.”

http://www.theengineer.co.uk/news/robot-broccoli-harvester-could-cut-cost-of-eating-your-greens/1020518.article

Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1123

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 05:40:09 PM

The robots are expensive, but the employers don't need to pay their salary every month or every week. I guess they will just do maintenance once a year, and the profit from machine is higher than the human employee. Smiley

I don't think they will be able to completely replace their human workforce with robots. May be they'll think about replacing half of the staff with them. And a normal employee costs the McDonalds around $15 per hour (that comes to around $45,000 per year). If a robot can replace 5 employees, it will save them $225,000.

Yeah McDonalds still need human to do maintenance to machines or clean it up. But, for chef and waiters positions, I think the robot can do that itself without humans or maybe everyday they need atleast 2 person to do program in the machines and as a restaurant security officer. But, we don't know exactly what will be happened to ex human employees. Lost their job and can't do anything.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████