Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:12:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How many friends did you recommend bitcoin to? Did they accept it?  (Read 41553 times)
rjclarke2000
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1016

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 10:29:34 PM

I have spoken to family and close friends about it and you'll all know what I mean when I say they all gave me that "I don't care" blank kind of expression as if they have no interest what so ever and are wanting to change the subject and talk about some crap they understand.

Basically ALL seemed extremely narrow minded.

A few have made fun of it and in the end I thought to myself I can't be bothered to talk to them about it anymore.

I've only had one friend come up to me recently who's been lurking on here on this forum for a while asking me a few questions.

I was surprised he'd been researching it but he just wants to buy and hold 1 "just in case" it goes up exponentially.

So.... I've told maybe 20 people and only 1 is partially interested only because he is scared of missing the boat.

Damn sheeple and their mainstream media.
ticoti

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 12:16:46 AM

I have recommended to many family and friends but not many have trusted this
They look for some info but they don't finally use it   Sad
Derek492

Activity: 356
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 04:02:35 AM

Some but few take interest. Some decided to buy some, but now I recommend for them to get into Mintcoin instead.

Stop Mining.   Start Minting.   Mintcoin  [MINT]
5% annual minting reward. Mintcoins don't wear out like mining gear. They keep on minting!
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 05:59:10 AM

I recommended bitcoin to the several friends until now, and some accepted and some didn't.
It's very difficult to explain to people ''bigger picture'', they first see bad points about BTC:
- value is very unstable,
- In our country they cant use it offline
- If they are not buying digital staff online and are not interested in investing, they don't feel BTC is something for them etc.

When Bitcoin become mainstream it will be much more easy to inspire others about it, of course, but right now it's very difficult.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Huobi-USD (OP)

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 07:43:57 AM

This might sound a bit trivial, but I actually count them. I call them <The Coverted>
Up to date, I have counted 53 people converted to buying Bitcoin or owning some. My best period was when the price was just below $1000/BTC - Since then, a lot of people lost faith <About 13 people>
I do however find that the people who bought before the spike in price, was the people who held on the longest.
They are also more active and still buy BTC frequently.

53 converted!! You are awesome! Welcome to invite friends to trade on Bityes.com. You may have a chance to win our Big prize 0.3BTC!  Grin https://www.bityes.com?i=fHc1HbNBBB336yPzyi

Huobi Secure and Trustworthy!
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 07:53:18 AM

I have talked about bitcoin with my girlfriend and a few good friends of mine. I have also explained it to my family.
No one seemed really bothered to be honest, much like when I talk about Silver!

When they see me pay with bitcoin they see it is useful at least, but they still aren't flocking to it!
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 11:09:47 AM

At least 50 attempts, 2 confirmed coverts and about 5 potential ones.

Most of them say, Ok, I give you money and you buy those....eh...coins....and then u work with them and pay me back dividend.

What can I say, my friends are greedy assholes.  Grin

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
lahm-44

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 12:24:20 PM

maybe i have expained it 100times till now to 80% of my friends but i got the expected results as because i am from india so nobody belive in me even after shown them prove but then also they are not understanding thing...maybe i ammuch intelligent or they are much stupid or beggner for this
Erza
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 12:33:30 PM

At least 50 attempts, 2 confirmed coverts and about 5 potential ones.

Most of them say, Ok, I give you money and you buy those....eh...coins....and then u work with them and pay me back dividend.

What can I say, my friends are greedy assholes.  Grin

I can judge from your story that your friends like to playing ponzi that is why you friend dare to give you big money and earn for them but why dont you

just take it and start to invest in something good so you can pay some to your friends and some to you so you dont even need cash to get your own bitcoin
The Bad Guy

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 12:51:09 PM

99.99% of people in my country don't know what Bitcoin and don't even use Electronic payment such as Payza , Paypal or even Debit & Credit cards . However I was to convince one of my schoolmates at school because he know about those things , and he started with faucets as start he didn't like it at the beggining but then started doing his programming services for BTC and with time he liked it Grin I know one is not that much but well ...

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 01:01:29 PM

99.99% of people in my country don't know what Bitcoin and don't even use Electronic payment such as Payza , Paypal or even Debit & Credit cards . However I was to convince one of my schoolmates at school because he know about those things , and he started with faucets as start he didn't like it at the beggining but then started doing his programming services for BTC and with time he liked it Grin I know one is not that much but well ...

how they receive money then? cash only from their boss? it look like money laundering, i can understand not using something like paypal, but debit card should be everywhere already...
The Bad Guy

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 03:49:34 PM

how they receive money then? cash only from their boss? it look like money laundering, i can understand not using something like paypal, but debit card should be everywhere already...

Well they receive money on their Bank accounts and they simply withraw money from ATM using the card .
What I meant is they don't use them on shops , basically you only pay people with cash when you buy stuff or anything else . It's kind retarded if you ask me , you can't imagine how rich the country where I live is but they are simply retarded and they have no economy .

Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1128

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 05:40:41 PM

I have recommended bitcoin to some friends
But people nowadays just love to get money instantly
They was hesitate when I explained how we get profit with exchanging and investing of bitcoin
They said it was bored and just get little profit

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 06:10:17 PM

I have recommended Bitcoin to at least 50-60 people. Some 40-50 of them were male and the remaining were female. Right now the success rate is like 10% among the males, and 0% among the females. However, I strongly suspect that some of the users who were enthusiastic about Bitcoin might have gone dormant by now.
MF Doom

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 06:19:19 PM

I have recommended Bitcoin to at least 50-60 people. Some 40-50 of them were male and the remaining were female. Right now the success rate is like 10% among the males, and 0% among the females. However, I strongly suspect that some of the users who were enthusiastic about Bitcoin might have gone dormant by now.

its hard though when its "benefits" are being diminished by apps and other payment systems.  I don't think these multimillion dollar payment companies are going to sit idly by and watch their market share eroded.  Coinbase is doing a good job normalizing btc purchasing & use, but its still too tech for most people to think about using day to day
dKingston

Activity: 482

LAUNDER BITCOIN: https://BitLaunder.com

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 06:41:13 PM

most of my friends say 'why not use paypal or credit card?' to buy stuff online ...

LAUNDER & ANONYMIZE YOUR BITCOIN:
https://www.BitLaunder.com/?aid=41
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 06:55:49 PM

most of my friends say 'why not use paypal or credit card?' to buy stuff online ...

Yeah, that's what mine say too except they add, "if I get ripped off the credit card company pays me back".

twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 07:06:26 PM

I think I have recommended it to couple of my friends and few did started using it but I don't know if they were attracted towards it for the technology or because they can gamble easily and anonymously with it.

If you ask me I'd say it's the latter.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 08:09:51 PM

I have told a few friends about it and only one really cares. The others are too young to realise what bitcoin can acomplish.

You also need to understand how to government works and why money is worthless to realise bitcoin is better in every way.

The only friend that did accept it only mined altcoins but he was a noob and needed my help to set his stuff up.
MF Doom

Activity: 560

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 08:16:44 PM

Yeah, that's what mine say too except they add, "if I get ripped off the credit card company pays me back".

exactly, no consumer protection is a huge problem for most
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: