Bitcoin Forum
May 31, 2024, 12:04:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How many friends did you recommend bitcoin to? Did they accept it?  (Read 41553 times)
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 10:32:08 PM

Spoken to a few friends about Bitcoin. I wouldn't say I "recommended" it to them so to speak, but the subject came up in conversation.

Two of  the people I spoke to about Bitcoin had already heard about it and knew more about it already, they were also aware of the other altcoins, for example he mentioned one called "Max Coin" which I'd never heard of to be totally honest. It was actually my friend that bought up the subject of bitcoin to start with. Needless to say we've had a few deep conversations since then.

That is good to hear that your friends are aware about the bitcoin not the same situation with everyone. I talked to my friends who are working with IT firms but still they are not aware about the bitcoins so when I told them about the bitcoins they answer me that we will google it and get back to you  Grin
afriezalie

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 04:32:48 AM

I recommended bitcoin to 2 of my friends. They didn't accept it because i recommended them to faucet. They say faucet was a boring job, so they forget everything about bitcoin Sad
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 05:13:37 AM

I recommended bitcoin to 2 of my friends. They didn't accept it because i recommended them to faucet. They say faucet was a boring job, so they forget everything about bitcoin Sad
why do you recommended the faucet? they would use it because you can only earn small coins from that method. You should recommended to them this forum and also the signature campaign.
btcton
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 06:34:32 AM

Basically, I don't talk about bitcoin to anyone unless they first show interest in it. If they don't, whatever I may tell them would probably be too hard to comprehend or be somehow conveyed as illegal or such. Might as well just shut up.

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 07:27:42 AM

why do you recommended the faucet? they would use it because you can only earn small coins from that method. You should recommended to them this forum and also the signature campaign.

i did that to my father, he now using faucet to earn something while he is in retirement, yeah he know that it isn't a great amount, but he is doing it for fun, and to have some confidence with the bitcoin divisors
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 07:58:28 AM

Let me talk about online gaming company first..

I tried to pressure Pokemon creed and Garena to accept Bitcoin before the Bitcoin bubble. Both of them did not accept Bitcoin as a payment method. During the Bitcoin bubble I think both "companies" must have consider my suggestion. Now, after the Bitcoin bubble, they might be thinking that they are lucky to not accept Bitcoin - the price drop from $1000 to today value of $200. I'm sure they will regret another time when there's another Bitcoin bubble. Let's see..

Now back to the topic, friends.

Sometime last week, I tried to ask my online gaming friends to use Bitcoin. He almost get into Bitcoin. Well, another online gaming friend of his said that Bitcoin is too risky. He rather stick with other online payment method such as Paypal. And.. I have nothing else to say since Bitcoin was indeed risky.

I can't seem to find the thread I suggest Garena to accept Bitcoin. However, here's a thread when I suggest Pokemon creed to accept Bitcoin. http://pokemoncreed.net/forums/viewthread.php?id=345144.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
afriezalie

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 10:32:28 AM

i did that to my father, he now using faucet to earn something while he is in retirement, yeah he know that it isn't a great amount, but he is doing it for fun, and to have some confidence with the bitcoin divisors
I think the best method to recognize new user to bitcoin is faucet. New users will learn about bitcoin ammount, value, and how to earn bitcoin from other method. Faucet is the best way to earn small amount of bitcoin and spending time.
Furio
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 10:34:29 AM

In my opinion a big factor that most seem to miss is the fact that people tend to think that they missed the boat and now it's to late to join...

--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924

hee-ho.

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 10:56:15 AM

In my opinion a big factor that most seem to miss is the fact that people tend to think that they missed the boat and now it's to late to join...

yup. my succesful attempts at convincing others to join the bitcoin community was before the price dropped to the 400$ ish. now when they compare the current price to the price back in 2013-2014 most people will think that BTC is dying.
Hollingsworth

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 04:03:52 PM

Instead of telling someone what bitcoin is... We should SHOW them.

-- Take your friends to a WiFi cafe each with their phone, tablet or laptop.
-- Have them install a fast btc wallet (no or little syncing required)
-- Send them each $5 worth of bitcoin
-- Have them send bitcoin to each other
-- See their eyes light up!

We needed to organize these kinds of bitcoin parties... Seeing is believing.

Testing Crypto

Activity: 614
Merit: 506

Applications

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 04:12:02 PM

yup. my succesful attempts at convincing others to join the bitcoin community was before the price dropped to the 400$ ish. now when they compare the current price to the price back in 2013-2014 most people will think that BTC is dying.

BTC isn't dying, many people who have done their due research on many altcoins (mining decreased say a 1/10th or even 1/100th, showing several times how the mining effects BTC or any altcoins)... Something testnet couldn't show real world affects (people hold or sell isn't possible in testing via testnet), watching the mining phases will show you how BTC might just play out. Again there's no sure research, but if you take a small scale of BTC & look for similarities Wink You don't have to be a rocket sci... to see, just research the alts which are scaled down & accelerated compared to BTC Cool

P.S. I had a few conversations with friends about BTC & altcoins, but was still learning at the time (really hope they didn't make any rash decisions). I'm glad that I didn't recommend it to most, but only because it wasn't ready to be recommended & still needs time to develop (which I didn't know then). To me buying BTC right now is like buying an item you have to learn how to even use & would take more effort/time than the current things we use today (money, contracts, invoices, tokens, time stamped ledger, & so many more things that are just being talked about). If I was to have a conversation with someone who is unbanked or has to go great lengths to make transactions in everyday life, then yes I would fully recommend crypto technology.

ZwNpPhVYrSrPMS71GLc7TEnbqA9VSZopGn // Gift5YapqsZqSTW8T4S3sCU4sngCkvh4ba // 3Gwc4KzVtuJ9ADnuqzF7XRhSaaE7HkBWpr // 1PAGEHrN62tgUHncGWbbhKe9jhZGXsxFC4
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi {SAT OS hi}
Xristianos

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 04:20:29 PM

My friends are christians. They hate digital money and 666 the number of the beast.
btcton
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 07:46:07 PM

I really don't think so. If the feelings are as you say, then they are not really thinking of bitcoin as a currency, but as just an investment. While it may be the latter to some degree, I feel like transacting and spending it is where the importance of Bitcoin lies.

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
dollarneed

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 10:18:35 PM

i recomended my friends to using bitcoin,earn some profit from it and they really accepted it, that was awesome
afriezalie

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 03:10:19 AM

i recomended my friends to using bitcoin,earn some profit from it and they really accepted it, that was awesome
Wow you are very lucky. How did you recommended bitcoin to them? With faucet or a game? Many new comers give up when i recommended them a faucet.
Calculator

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 05:15:13 AM

I recommend it to everyone I get the chance to (probably a few hundred).

How many have owned any Bitcoin?   One, and he sold.

People are more concerned with some washed up Olympian cutting his penis off, drives me fucking nuts!  No pun intended.
josephliton

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 05:46:55 AM

Well, I tried telling how bitcoin works to some of my friends and family members. They seem to be amazed at how things work for bitcoin and I even showed them some of my conversions of fiat to bitcoin and vice-versa, and that really hit them.One of my friend is very interested about bitcoin.

dhimasnk

Activity: 546

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 06:49:54 AM

I tried to recommend bitcoin to a few friends in facebook, many of those who think negatively about bitcoin, I would be more convinced them

BUY LOW/SELL HIGH
24/7 TRADING BOT  GUNBOT  THE AUTOMATIC PROFIT GENERATOR FOR POLONIEX
LIMITED EDITION NOW AVAILABLE FOR KRAKEN AND BITTREX  My bitcoin address: 37xyZGoqmkeTTatsWcnFJS4iL4xdE4Cuia + wex.nz codes at Peermarketer@gmail.com
satashito

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 06:54:02 AM

I explained my friends but they said ''okay okay it's one of online scam'' so i left talk  Grin
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 07:02:07 AM

I`ve recommended it to a few but so far nobody is interested. I don't know why, probably because it's not that "trendy" yet, which is a shame that people don't care about innovation , only about "trendy" stuff.

I think i need to find new friends  Cheesy

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: