Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:27:42 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How many friends did you recommend bitcoin to? Did they accept it?  (Read 41553 times)
kenbytes

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 03:20:35 PM

I have problems when my friends ask me WTF is Bitcoin ?and i have problems to explain it. any tips ?

tell to him, that bitcoin is money that can be moved faster and more simple than any other method existing nowadays, then you show him the wallet and how he can make a transaction

i did the same thing with my old parent and they understood it pretty fast
Here is how I would describe Bitcoin to someone who hasn't heard of it before

Bitcoin is essentially digital money. It's like Paypal without being connected to a bank account. There is no website involved and all transactions are done via the Bitcoin software. Everyone using it can keep a copy of the blockchain, which essentially functions like an internal database of balances.

Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 03:54:42 PM

I mentioned bitcoin while chatting with my friends couple times. I recommended it to some of my closer friends and I said it is pretty good time to invest in bitcoin now, they listened but nothing really happened.
I think my friends still think that bitcoin something not worth their time and interest. They are stuck with FIAT as the only concept of money and refuel to embrace the bigger picture.
scarsbergholden

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 04:24:35 PM

I try to give all my friends around 5 to 10 worth of bitcoin so they could see how it works, i have setup others with a bitcoin payment processor so they could see how many extra customers they get with bitcoin.
someone of them have liked using bitcoin some have not seen the benefit other then keeping it has an investment or travel money.

dominicg

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 04:29:19 PM

Recommended to many of my friends. Some of them started their bitcoins trading by giving cash to me for buying bitcoins on behalf of them.

amiryaqot
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 04:35:39 PM

I try to give all my friends around 5 to 10 worth of bitcoin so they could see how it works, i have setup others with a bitcoin payment processor so they could see how many extra customers they get with bitcoin.
someone of them have liked using bitcoin some have not seen the benefit other then keeping it has an investment or travel money.

i would like to be your friend it seems you are so much generous person who is giving 5 to 10 BTCitcoin, it looking very great move that your are making there in this way people can get addicted to the bitcoin by using it, i think now more easy to explain how bitcoin works so many tutorial videos and articles available about it.
rayhan

Activity: 378

be your self

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 04:47:12 PM

i would like to be your friend it seems you are so much generous person who is giving 5 to 10 BTCitcoin, it looking very great move that your are making there in this way people can get addicted to the bitcoin by using it, i think now more easy to explain how bitcoin works so many tutorial videos and articles available about it.

I don't think he is giving it for free. There must be some catch or pure business in that. Why and how would anyone can just give away bitcoins for free? Hard to believe.

knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 10:16:07 PM

im pretty sure he were trying to say he shows to them the price of bitcoin around 5 to 10 times .... the diference of the price not giving them 5btc or 10 lol anyway those were what i got or can be understood he gives 5 dollars as 10 dollars to friends spent and use and learn the bitcoin system better
bytezero

Activity: 414

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 11:35:58 PM

I have problems when my friends ask me WTF is Bitcoin ?and i have problems to explain it. any tips ?

tell to him, that bitcoin is money that can be moved faster and more simple than any other method existing nowadays, then you show him the wallet and how he can make a transaction

Bitcoin is essentially digital money. It's like Paypal without being connected to a bank account. There is no website involved and all transactions are done via the Bitcoin software. Everyone using it can keep a copy of the blockchain, which essentially functions like an internal database of balances.
just tell about  "the pizza story"
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=137.0
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 12:20:56 AM

just tell about  "the pizza story"
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=137.0

how would that help simplify things? that story will only give them more questions than answers.
interbtc

Activity: 451

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 01:47:07 AM

nice , I have only sent a small amount of bitcoin to my friends to teach them how to use bitcoin.
bitsat alien

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 03:51:54 PM

I recommended bitcoin for half of my friends, but unfortunately, most of them declined it. :/
Yes, a vast majority of the population is turning away from bitcoin because of what the media is telling them , but BTC, here to stay. And over time, the influence from bitcoin users will continue to grow, until eventually a domino effect occurs and a large amount of the population start using it.
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 04:21:06 PM

I recommended bitcoin for half of my friends, but unfortunately, most of them declined it. :/
Yes, a vast majority of the population is turning away from bitcoin because of what the media is telling them , but BTC, here to stay. And over time, the influence from bitcoin users will continue to grow, until eventually a domino effect occurs and a large amount of the population start using it.
Why they declined it or not accept it? theres anything wrong about bitcoin? and the media shouldn't to post or report the wrong things about bitcoin. Find another one that will used or believe to you that bitcoin is a great way to transact.
knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 08:17:25 PM

media are paid to force those news to make the crypto world that has already a lot attention ....die they wanna kill crypto but is to late for that people use trade pay and several things already happening with it soo its too late to kill cryptos now lol
satnof

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2015, 08:46:40 PM

I recommended it to my boss who sells packaged disposable DNA tests online. He brushed me off as childish. If only he understood that he would be opening his market to thousands of potential buyers.

That's the most common reaction you get out of people who have heard about bitcoin already. They immediately associate it with drugs or money laundering or whatever.
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 08:48:56 PM

I recommended bitcoin to my brother and sold him some at $600 + . I felt so bad that I couldn't even go to his wedding, because his wife told him not to buy them. That is pretty sad I know, but that goes to show...recommending it was a bad move on my part...I have a feeling bitcoin will pop above $1000 again, and things will in the end will turn out profitable for him.

Wow that sucks. Thats why I always avoid talking about anything that has to do with investing with friends and specially family.. let people search for their own investments. You can talk about Bitcoin, but not actively recommend buying imo.
satnof

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2015, 08:57:31 PM

I recommended bitcoin to my brother and sold him some at $600 + . I felt so bad that I couldn't even go to his wedding, because his wife told him not to buy them. That is pretty sad I know, but that goes to show...recommending it was a bad move on my part...I have a feeling bitcoin will pop above $1000 again, and things will in the end will turn out profitable for him.

Wow that sucks. Thats why I always avoid talking about anything that has to do with investing with friends and specially family.. let people search for their own investments. You can talk about Bitcoin, but not actively recommend buying imo.

Yeah well, what can you do. I'm sure he toyed with the idea and researched it further though.

Cause he came a week later and said to me that the fluctuations in price are too big for him to take that risk.
bitcollins85

Activity: 235

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 02:57:03 AM

I have tried to convince my friends as well, but they can't seem to understand
People still think bitcoin is virtual money like Linden Dollars or Fifa coins Cheesy
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 10:01:23 AM

I have tried to convince my friends as well, but they can't seem to understand
People still think bitcoin is virtual money like Linden Dollars or Fifa coins Cheesy
Yes they thought that bitcoin is only virtual money because its digital you can't put it in your hands literally. So that they can say bitcoin is only a virtual and not really as currency, there some people who already accepted it but many are not.
zenojb

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 03:07:47 PM

yes.
I tell Bitcoin to my friends and they all do not understand even do not believe.
want to tell them because it is profitable   Smiley
hasmukhh

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 05:23:54 PM

yes.
I tell Bitcoin to my friends and they all do not understand even do not believe.
want to tell them because it is profitable   Smiley
you should let them know the advantages of bitcoins.
such as , transactions over bitcoins is way faster than other currencies . bitcoins provide an easy way to send and retrieve money.
and the various ways to earn bitcoins as well.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: