Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 10:58:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How many friends did you recommend bitcoin to? Did they accept it?  (Read 41553 times)
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 03:47:40 AM

I tried telling how bitcoin works to some of my friends and family members. They seem to be amazed at how things work for bitcoin
Yeah good job, but they though that they will used it or not? i think its better if they used it, its another income and you don't need a big effort because you just need an internet connection.

At least to you people have "got" what they wanted by the first time, it's hard to understand the bitcoin for the first time you hear about it
Yes thats right, me too when i am newbie and i don't have any idea about bitcoin, its hard for me to understand if bitcoin is true or not, then i try it and use it . Then now i prove to my self that bitcoin is true and now its help me a lot.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 04:05:47 AM

I really stuck with family.  And have had a pretty good reception.  I think a lot depends on the technical level of the person you are trying to teach.

For me one family member loved it and now enjoys BTC as much as I do.   But it was a technical person.   Also they got in cheap and have a profit, if they see profit they like it even more.
btccashacc
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 04:14:31 AM

I really stuck with family.  And have had a pretty good reception.  I think a lot depends on the technical level of the person you are trying to teach.

For me one family member loved it and now enjoys BTC as much as I do.   But it was a technical person.   Also they got in cheap and have a profit, if they see profit they like it even more.

Im not have any family who support me to life on bitcoin, some people think bitcoin = gambling, that way i get suggestion to run out from bitcoin
Ingatqhvq

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 04:49:08 AM

Only 1, when i told him about bitcoin, he just don't believe it and i never talk about it anymore.

Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1127

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 07:22:44 AM

if the small companies starts to accept it would be much more easy to introduce with crisis worldwide some people scared to invest anywhere they are taking the money out instead risk it
I think its not enough for just small companies, which accept bitcoin can affect their business that can be go up or down. It will be better if a trusted company accept bitcoin. It will be gain more attention from people.

Only 1, when i told him about bitcoin, he just don't believe it and i never talk about it anymore.
Yeah sometimes we don't need to force our friend to get into bitcoin, letting him see what you get so far with bitcoin is a better way.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 08:43:18 AM

he don't believe what? that bitcoin can surpass fiat, that can rise to 10k? or that simply bitcoin isnt' real but just a ponzi scheme and nothing else like many depict it...

personally i would try to convince him, you can do it pretty easily, by starting with saying that bitcoin is money
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 08:55:20 AM

Hello everyone, I am "Hobbit" from BitYes, Huobi's BTC-USD exchange. BitYes will raise a bitcoin related fun topic each week and award 0.05BTC for the best answer we pick! Please speak out your fun or useful ideas.

Today's topic is How many friends did you recommend bitcoin to? What's their feedback after your introduction? Though bitcoin is regarded as a great invention as internet, a minority of people know and accept it. As a bitcoiner, have you ever recommended Bitcoin to your friends? How many of your friends accept Bitcoin in the end?

Please share with us and let's know your extraordinary experience with Bitcoin! We will pick the best answer by 29th of May.

inline sig removed

I spoke to bitcoin to my three friends and the reaction had for them was strange. One of them doubt that bitcoin was a big pyramid scam that served to the inventor to raise money. Even I told to him that the author is anonymous he insisted in his idea. Maybe he is hided to not be catch told him. The second friend was surprised that bitcoin was a money that didn't belongs to any country and was skeptic that this money exist without this kind of support. Third was indifferent. He told that the bitcoin must be like the chips in the games.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 11:06:08 AM

I spoke to many of them. General conclusion is that the people who are more educated, and intelligent to see what is happening in the world are more open to Bitcoin. Some of them I managed to get in, about 5 of them.

Less educated and more passive I would say are much more skeptical. I have to say that more people are in this group.
bitcart

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

www.bitcart.io

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 11:34:36 AM

I've sold the idea to all my friends and family but few have actually used it. They believe it's a good thing but it's not very accessible as a currency yet I believe.

www.bitcart.io
Bitcart - spend bitcoins online and save!
Buy Amazon gift cards with bitcoin and save up to 20% off
lorylore
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 11:45:21 AM

I tried telling how bitcoin works to some of my friends and family members. They seem to be amazed at how things work for bitcoin
Yeah good job, but they though that they will used it or not? i think its better if they used it, its another income and you don't need a big effort because you just need an internet connection.

At least to you people have "got" what they wanted by the first time, it's hard to understand the bitcoin for the first time you hear about it
Yes thats right, me too when i am newbie and i don't have any idea about bitcoin, its hard for me to understand if bitcoin is true or not, then i try it and use it . Then now i prove to my self that bitcoin is true and now its help me a lot.
I think the bitcoin itself does not need any help from us, we need the bitcoin, to trade to sell and buying it Wink
Otherguylb

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 12:06:36 PM

I recommended BTC to my friends but only 1 of them accepted it. He is programmer and liked the idea of it. Hopefully he gets more involved soon.
lorylore
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 12:18:36 PM

I recommended BTC to my friends but only 1 of them accepted it. He is programmer and liked the idea of it. Hopefully he gets more involved soon.

Well yeah he is programmer and he can understand better and faster the concept how bitcoin works and its benefits where can he spent the bitcoin
Pathi

Activity: 244
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 12:42:14 PM

None mf my friends are into Bitcoin. My family are amused by my hobby. Except when I pop a breaker on occasion! LOL
TrueBeliever

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 01:52:01 PM

I don't recommend Bitcoin.  Bitcoin does not currently fit into everybody's lives, and it is complex still.  I only talk about it to people who ask me proactively about it.

Think about Bitcoin as a religion.  Evangelizing it may annoy people or it may get people interested, but you will get the blame when their stuff doesn't work out.  Letting people know it is your hobby is more passive, some people will laugh and quote the common misconceptions about Bitcoin, some will proactively ask questions.  I am always ready and willing to help those who proactively ask questions with an open mind.

Remember that Bitcoin is a journey and we are only a small way through that journey.  Show your passion but take care when making recommendations.

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
altcoinUK

Activity: 784

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 02:16:13 PM

I told this story in an other thread and since this is very relevant to the OP I will tell it here as well.

I have been trying to get many-many friends into Bitcoin for a while. I have been banging on about Bitcoin for years to a friend as well. Finally my digital currency groundwork came to fruition when my friend said, OK, lets give a try and he is willing to accept Bitcoin with his small business. Hurraaah, I said to myself, we are in business, the fucking digital currency revolution starts right here and right now!
His total sales volume is 40-50 units per day and we calculated he might could sell 2 items a day in Bitcoin. His unit price is around GBP 80.00, so he could get a gross GBP 160.00,  at the time when this happened around 1 BTC per day. Until BTC's adoption rate is so low we can't project more trade. However, and because (from cash flow viewpoint quite rightly) his main concern was the volatility of BTC, he just can't afford the potentially 20% price swing and losing 20% of his revenue (after all almost that's his all profit margin), he would have to convert the Bitcoin immediately into FIAT and because of the so many fuck-ups on exchanges he said he would like to transfer the FIAT - he just simply doesn't trust the exchanges to keep there his FIAT, which concern is well justified, not to mention his small business cash flow is tight so obviously he need the cash.

Now, here is the cluster fuck: he signed up to Coinbase, and Coinbase charges GBP 30.00 for a bank transfer which is 20% of his gross intake from the sales, that's almost his profit margin! Then he checked Bitstamp, Coinfloor and others, all charge GBP 30.00 for a single bank transfer. He said no thanks ... that's a fucking nonsense and waste of time. I said you are fucking right and sorry for bothering you with this bollocks.

That's where we are with getting friends into Bitcoin, digital currency and taking Bitcoin to real world small businesses right now.
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 02:47:13 PM

Well yeah he is programmer and he can understand better and faster the concept how bitcoin works and its benefits where can he spent the bitcoin
programmer have high logic in their minds so that they can easily adopt or understand what the others telling to them. and they interested with job or extra income job.
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1127

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 03:27:13 PM

he don't believe what? that bitcoin can surpass fiat, that can rise to 10k? or that simply bitcoin isnt' real but just a ponzi scheme and nothing else like many depict it...

personally i would try to convince him, you can do it pretty easily, by starting with saying that bitcoin is money
Not all people can understand or trust something new like bitcoin. He will say 'are you kidding me?' or 'don't joke around me', when he hear its value is higher than fiat. Trust to me, its hard to recommend people in a city that less bitcoin development.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
mooseCavalry

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 03:36:40 PM

I'm new to bitcoin (circa April, 2015). 

The first person I'm trying to teach about bitcoin is my father... He's in his mid fifties and works as a information security administrator for (what I would call) a rather large network.  I would describe him as somewhat paranoid when it comes to online security (eg. I don't think he started using online banking until quite recently).

We'll see how it goes.
s1ng
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 04:03:43 PM

About 5 and more... mostly on my office work.
The bad news is all of my office friend are not accept it for the first time. But I try to explain step by step so more and more coming to interest about bitcoin
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 04:36:30 PM

Not all people can understand or trust something new like bitcoin. He will say 'are you kidding me?' or 'don't joke around me', when he hear its value is higher than fiat. Trust to me, its hard to recommend people in a city that less bitcoin development.

yeah. right now it is no hard to convince many people to accept what benefits bitcoin has to offer . but when the price goes up everybody will be interested in it again.

just like before when the price was going up i could hear everywhere that people are talking about bitcoin

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: