Bitcoin Forum
June 13, 2024, 03:21:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How many friends did you recommend bitcoin to? Did they accept it?  (Read 41553 times)
stromma44

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 03:26:46 PM

Today I've recommended Bitcoin to a profesor of mine in college. He never heard of crypto currencies before but now that I've started "teaching" him about Bitcoin, decentralization and its features, he became interested in it. Now he said that he would like to buy himself a miner and start earning some Bitcoins. I will later teach him about how mining works (difficulty, etc). Anyways, that's one more member for the Bitcoin community. I also told him to make an account at Bitcoin Talk and join a signature campaign to earn Bitcoins.  Cheesy
Pretty good, on what subject did he teach? if he teach computer related maybe he knows that and also he try it. So keeping recommend it to anyone so they can help bitcoin grow and became a popular as a form of money.

I recommended one of my friend last week and guided him regarding bitcoins and how he can earn bitcoins by signature campaign, he was so attracted that within few days he joined signature campaign and already he have started to earn bitcoins, I haven't told him about trading or gambling at this stage as it would divert his mind towards growing bitcoins in a quick time and it would not be helpful for bitcoin community.
klf
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 07:48:43 PM

I tried telling how bitcoin works to some of my friends and family members. They seem to be amazed at how things work for bitcoin and I even showed them some of my conversions of fiat to bitcoin and vice-versa
umaOuma

Activity: 938

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 08:21:42 PM

I tried telling how bitcoin works to some of my friends and family members. They seem to be amazed at how things work for bitcoin and I even showed them some of my conversions of fiat to bitcoin and vice-versa

That is the best thing to do, If we concentrate more on advantages rather than the disadvantages than people would be more attracted towards bitcoins, as everyone is interested and attracted towards the good things and not the bad things, So if we show them the positive side of bitcoins like online purchases, online transfers etc they would surely start using bitcoins.
vero

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 08:23:59 PM

I have recommended bitcoin to 10 my best friend only 2 interested buy bitcoin

torrentheaven

Activity: 952

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 11:20:49 PM

I have recommended bitcoin to 10 my best friend only 2 interested buy bitcoin

Friends who would be having a great vision would surely accept bitcoins, and would start collecting information regarding bitcoins, but the friends who are lazy or who are super rich and already have a good bank balance would surely would not entertain bitcoins as they are already having fun with fiat, so they would feel that they are wasting their time in bitcoins.
bitcoin1992

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 04:48:55 PM

I just tell my friends about bitcoin, but I think most are still hesitant to get in.
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 02:47:59 PM

Today I've recommended Bitcoin to a profesor of mine in college. He never heard of crypto currencies before but now that I've started "teaching" him about Bitcoin, decentralization and its features, he became interested in it. Now he said that he would like to buy himself a miner and start earning some Bitcoins. I will later teach him about how mining works (difficulty, etc). Anyways, that's one more member for the Bitcoin community. I also told him to make an account at Bitcoin Talk and join a signature campaign to earn Bitcoins.  Cheesy
Pretty good, on what subject did he teach? if he teach computer related maybe he knows that and also he try it. So keeping recommend it to anyone so they can help bitcoin grow and became a popular as a form of money.

I recommended one of my friend last week and guided him regarding bitcoins and how he can earn bitcoins by signature campaign, he was so attracted that within few days he joined signature campaign and already he have started to earn bitcoins, I haven't told him about trading or gambling at this stage as it would divert his mind towards growing bitcoins in a quick time and it would not be helpful for bitcoin community.
Gambling and trading are so very helpful in bitcoin community, to your friend maybe not because he is only a new in bitcoin community. Tell your friend that he can also recommend it to his/her friend.
Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 02:57:24 PM

I try to avoid to give anyone investment Tips. Investing in cryptos is a pretty risky business and must be made consciously.

So, I chose to never recommend bitcoin to anyone.

If they're really interested I try to teach them what I know about cryptos.
Mountain Jew

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 02:58:28 PM

My friends are pretty ignorant and think it's either a scam or a fad and will fail so there's no way I'll be able to get them into it. the only way they probably might is if the price skyrockets but then they will have probably missed the boat again.
wearepoor

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 04:06:52 PM

I just tell my friends about bitcoin, but I think most are still hesitant to get in.

Same here, even my friends are unaware with the concept of bitcoin. Most of them think that its a scam and advised me to stay away from it before loosing some money. Its difficult for them to trust such virtual currency but if they have some research on internet then i think many friends will start believing the concept of cryptocurrencies. People always learn from their own experiences just like us.
rinhunter

Activity: 826

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 04:16:13 PM

0.. I never told my friend, I just say "bitcoin make money" then they try to seek information on the Internet in advance.
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 08:11:16 PM

The subject that he teaches is Computer Databases. He never heard of Bitcoin, but now he does (thanks to me) and he's ready to buy a miner. I've just recommended him to buy himself an Antminer S3 or an S5.  Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
kenbytes

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 08:22:45 PM

i recommendbitcoin  to many people but it is very hard to explain .. do not even have heard of it ..and do not want to give money.. fear they will lose

n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 07:23:25 AM

I have recommended bitcoin to 100-200friends and 90% of them has accepted this and are earning from this Smiley I have gifted 0.001btc each..and maybe somebody had remembered that

I want to be your friend. I am a very good person and I love bitcoin so much. I heard about bitcoin from your post. Can I have now your gift for about 0.001 bitcoin? I promise that i use it only for good purpose.
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 03:52:39 PM

The subject that he teaches is Computer Databases. He never heard of Bitcoin, but now he does (thanks to me) and he's ready to buy a miner. I've just recommended him to buy himself an Antminer S3 or an S5.  Smiley
A prof that teach computer related but didn't know bitcoin? hahahaha i think he not love to read or he maybe not interested on things that make money. but its good to hear that he is willing to adopt and to use bitcoin and now he is miner Cheesy thanks to you hahahaha
trickshot22

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 03:55:35 PM

i did not recommend it to any of my friends just yet as i recently just started using it
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 08:10:46 PM

A prof that teach computer related but didn't know bitcoin? hahahaha i think he not love to read or he maybe not interested on things that make money. but its good to hear that he is willing to adopt and to use bitcoin and now he is miner Cheesy thanks to you hahahaha

Yes I've also thought of that. But I guess he didn't have the time to read and investigate about such crypto currency. As soon as he receives his miner (he bought it from ebay) I'll tell him everything from mining difficulty & hashrate, to configuring cgminer. He became interested in mining to make some profits. What he doesn't know is that this isn't easy as it sounds. You have to take into consideration electricity costs and mining difficulty. Cheesy

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
wadili89
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 09:26:04 PM

I have recommended bitcoin to 100-200friends and 90% of them has accepted this and are earning from this Smiley I have gifted 0.001btc each..and maybe somebody had remembered that

I want to be your friend. I am a very good person and I love bitcoin so much. I heard about bitcoin from your post. Can I have now your gift for about 0.001 bitcoin? I promise that i use it only for good purpose.

are you seriously asking for 0.001 BTC ? you dont need to tell me your false stories just give me your bitcoin wallet address i will send you 0.001 without asking anything  Tongue

btccashacc
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 02:40:31 AM

only 1 person who can accept and try learn more about bitcoin
RGBKey

Activity: 854
Merit: 658

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2015, 02:47:06 AM

I've had a hard time getting people that have heard bad things about it to come around, but most of the time after I talk for long enough I can convince them that it's a good thing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: