Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:51:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Has Dash the unlicensed pyramid game run its course?  (Read 8010 times)
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2015, 07:36:57 AM

Rux, don't bother yourself in threads like these. It is a waste of time.

There are 2 ways to improve their relative social (and investment) status:
1. himself to become better, to rise above the others.
2. himself to remain in place, and belittle and tarnish all the others.

Unfortunately, some moneros hasn't the abilities and the desire to follow the path #1 (good sign for DASH) - so there is only path #2 for them.

Whoa! Let's get off your high road toadstool for a moment. I only commented when Monero was getting bashed--and subsequently was asked for information, and when that information was provided, it was dismissed as pointless and not worth the inquisitor's time--why even ask for it? Oh, because when this dasher believed no Bitcoin Devs had an interest in Monero, it served his argument. But when it was proved that Bitcoin Devs did have an interest in Monero, it didn't help his cause so he dismissed it as irrelevant. That's my play-by-play of my interaction on this thread (and why i hate dealing with people who try to shift arguments mid-argument), so save your generalizations for someone else.

For all I care, this thread can die. But bashing Monero isn't going to accelerate the process.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rux
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1024

https://crypto.ba

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2015, 07:52:31 AM

i dont own any monero but i dont hate it, but monero hates DASH ... how come? we could be strong together Smiley

RXC Crypto.ba Decentralized solutions!
BagHolder010

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 08:43:18 AM

i dont own any monero but i dont hate it, but monero hates DASH ... how come? we could be strong together Smiley

What no Monero don't hate us I mean even the no good Monero developers Fluffypony and Smooth don't start Dash hate threads or even come to DASH thread bcuz there is nothing else to do...please don't spread rumors specially Monero developers honest working schedules times LOL

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
BitBatFan

Activity: 258

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 10:07:32 AM

What's the deal with DASH. Why it's accused to be scam? Can someone explain to me or just past the link so I can read about it.
Rux
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2015, 10:29:07 AM

What's the deal with DASH. Why it's accused to be scam? Can someone explain to me or just past the link so I can read about it.

there is no scam, u know how everyone hates "the right" one?

that is the case here... few of guys who hate DASH because they didn't get in time are bloating it and they really don't have good arguments, except that instamine (and that is thoroughly explained by Evan, the main DEV)

DASH is not scam, dash unlike others have their DEVS by NAME, while others...i won't mention whom... are hiding their identities because they are scam

you can try it, download wallet, i will send you 0.1 to test send with instantx, check that beauty of confirmations in 15sec... and also try Darksend and figure for your self why DASH is called Digital cash Smiley

p.s. and why not be a Masternode operator, its so cheap now... later you will hit your self in head when you see 1 MN worth +10.000$

obit33

Activity: 514
Merit: 258

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 12:31:14 PM

there is no scam, u know how everyone hates "the right" one?

that is the case here... few of guys who hate DASH because they didn't get in time are bloating it and they really don't have good arguments, except that instamine (and that is thoroughly explained by Evan, the main DEV)

DASH is not scam, dash unlike others have their DEVS by NAME, while others...i won't mention whom... are hiding their identities because they are scam

you can try it, download wallet, i will send you 0.1 to test send with instantx, check that beauty of confirmations in 15sec... and also try Darksend and figure for your self why DASH is called Digital cash Smiley

p.s. and why not be a Masternode operator, its so cheap now... later you will hit your self in head when you see 1 MN worth +10.000$

well, i think opinions differ: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=995710.0

Bernie madoff also ran his scam BY NAME, so that means jack-shit...
Masternodes are centralisation and will create dash-aristocracy...

everyone decides for him/herself off course, but objective information is important...

best regards
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 01:42:13 PM

http://wiki.dashpay.io/display/DRK/Dash+Documentation+Home
http://wiki.dashpay.io/display/DRK/Legacy+FAQ

https://www.dashpay.io
https://dashtalk.org

https://dashtalk.org/forums/official-announcements.54
https://dashtalk.org/threads/the-birth-of-darkcoin.162

In the alt-community you can find all kind of opinions. You have tons of critical posts in this forum.

Do your own research  Smiley
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 04:45:50 PM

You'll have a lot to wade through, but what it boils down to is lots of people hate Dash because of its relative success (especially compared to their own favored coin, especially the rival monero-cultists). The bottom line is that if Dash were really a scam the market as a whole would have figured this out a long time ago and the value would have long since plummeted to (near) zero.

Disclaimer: I own a bit of dash. I also own a bit of monero. A pox on the cultists though.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 05:45:38 PM

So ... To answer the above question.  There was a glitch in Darkcoins release that let almost half the current coins in circulation be mined by the original miners in a short period (week?).  If you choose to put parentheses around the glitch largely depends on how you feel about the developer.

Also later coin supply was significantly cut to stabilize price.

I own Monero because I like the technology behind it much better than DASH.

I do think the instant transactions, rebranding from Darkcoin and significantly rewarding the mixers (if thats the route you take to anonymize ), and able to afford dedicated 100% development are all great moves.

There is plenty of information out there about ANY coin.  If you don't know then its your own damn fault.

I simply don't care due to the coins history - it puts it in an auto "not interested" category for me.  It has lasted much longer than I thought it would ... Very very few altcoins have managed to stay in the top 10 as long as darkcoin has.  And I don't believe any other anon coin has over taken it cap wise.  So its actually doing insanely well.

If darkcoin is overtaken by two anon coins for a month you can start using "dying" in your title
BagHolder010

Activity: 283

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 06:00:26 PM

So ... To answer the above question.  There was a glitch in Darkcoins release that let almost half the current coins in circulation be mined by the original miners in a short period (week?).  If you choose to put parentheses around the glitch largely depends on how you feel about the developer.

Also later coin supply was significantly cut to stabilize price.

I own Monero because I like the technology behind it much better than DASH.

I do think the instant transactions, rebranding from Darkcoin and significantly rewarding the mixers (if thats the route you take to anonymize ), and able to afford dedicated 100% development are all great moves.

There is plenty of information out there about ANY coin.  If you don't know then its your own damn fault.

I simply don't care due to the coins history - it puts it in an auto "not interested" category for me.  It has lasted much longer than I thought it would ... Very very few altcoins have managed to stay in the top 10 as long as darkcoin has.  And I don't believe any other anon coin has over taken it cap wise.  So its actually doing insanely well.

If darkcoin is overtaken by two anon coins for a month you can start using "dying" in your title
+1
I wish people here were like you, it's annoying how ppl cry about something that they have nothing to do with.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
Rux
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2015, 06:35:20 PM

+1 to last posts, i like when guys talk with sense Smiley

nobody is forcing nobody to mine or buy some coins... you do research, you do the math Smiley

GTO911

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 06:49:46 PM

deliveryman

Activity: 277

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 07:28:58 PM

the problem is:

1. their anon tech sucks so its just "another" altcoin these days
2. their branding to Dash .. Dash , really?
3. instamine
obit33

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 08:16:25 PM

the problem is:

3. instamine

I'd add the centralisation with the masternodes is really their biggest 'current' problem...

- Instamine/premine, ok, it can happen, if people still trust it and believe the developers reasons, it can work out if the technology is good...
- Branding, whatever, marketing here and there and what's the coins name is the choice of the developers, that's ok if the technology is good
- But the masternode-system is so obviously flawed: centralisation, compromised anonimity just because of that centralisation, developing dash-aristocracy...

Without the masternode-system I actually might have supported DASH, but now it's a big no-no to me... the masternodes go against every principle of a decentralised cryptocurrency...

But still, people need to make their own choices, if it has better marketeering, if people don't really care THAT much about privacy, if they like a nice look and feel... then yes, by all means, you can use DASH...

sdmathis

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 09:13:41 PM

the problem is:

3. instamine

I'd add the centralisation with the masternodes is really their biggest 'current' problem...

- Instamine/premine, ok, it can happen, if people still trust it and believe the developers reasons, it can work out if the technology is good...
- Branding, whatever, marketing here and there and what's the coins name is the choice of the developers, that's ok if the technology is good
- But the masternode-system is so obviously flawed: centralisation, compromised anonimity just because of that centralisation, developing dash-aristocracy...

Without the masternode-system I actually might have supported DASH, but now it's a big no-no to me... the masternodes go against every principle of a decentralised cryptocurrency...

But still, people need to make their own choices, if it has better marketeering, if people don't really care THAT much about privacy, if they like a nice look and feel... then yes, by all means, you can use DASH...

Very few coins are truly decentralized (including Bitcoin). Just look at what is happening to Bitcoin with the departure of Gavin. Decentralization is a worthy goal, but we're not there yet.

obit33

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 09:29:17 PM

the problem is:

3. instamine

Very few coins are truly decentralized (including Bitcoin). Just look at what is happening to Bitcoin with the departure of Gavin. Decentralization is a worthy goal, but we're not there yet.

You are very very right... but there's a difference between a decentralising intention and not succeeding all the way, and no decentralising intention at all or even installing the opposite of decentralisation...
aleix
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 10:13:47 PM

I understand masternodes can be a concern for some users. Let me clarify about it:

Masternodes:

Darksend's mixing is performed by Masternodes, servers operating on a decentralized volunteer network which have the responsibility of signing the transactions. For each round of Darksend, the user selects two to eight (or even more) rounds of mixing which vary the degree of anonymity achieved. Random Masternodes are then elected to perform the coin mixing. Masternodes are trust-less, in the sense that they cannot steal user coins, and the combination of multiple Masternodes ensures that no single node has full knowledge of both inputs and outputs in the transaction process.

To avoid a "bad actor" scenario, in which many Masternodes are operated by an adversary who wants to de-anonymize transactions, a deterrent has been put in place in which 1000 Dash are required to own and operate a Masternode. As an incentive for operating a Masternode, chosen nodes currently earn 45% of the mining rewards.

More info:

http://www.dashnodes.com/index/masternodes
http://www.dashnodes.com/index/masternodes_map

I see in the charts more than 2500 masternodes placed in more than 30 countries. Centralization? Some people are early adopters, we can't change that. With 8 rounds of random mixing through masternodes, do your math to understand what you need to control the network.

And we can move masternodes easily from one country to another if we need to. The world is bigger than the US.

The masternode system provides also an instant transaction system, a governance system, and the possibility to build other stuff on top of it.  Personally i think the new "governance system" or the instant transactions are far more important than anonymity.

Dash system is not completed yet, it's a work in progress. We had forks and all kind of issues in the past and of course we will have problems in the future. It is a risk investment.

Some people think cryptonote system is better, maybe it is. Do your own research.

It is legitimate to dislike the masternode system, of course. Insults (see Adam post above) are not.

Thread about masternode system in dashtalk:
https://dashtalk.org/threads/which-masternode-model-should-we-implement.4115

(excuse my grammar and vocabulary mistakes, english is my third language)
aleix
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 10:32:18 PM

As a rational and adult people we are, yes. It's better to talk and disagree without insults.

thank you.

generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2015, 10:35:28 PM

I understand masternodes can be a concern for some users. Let me clarify about it:

Masternodes:

Darksend's mixing is performed by Masternodes, servers operating on a decentralized volunteer network which have the responsibility of signing the transactions. For each round of Darksend, the user selects two to eight (or even more) rounds of mixing which vary the degree of anonymity achieved. Random Masternodes are then elected to perform the coin mixing. Masternodes are trust-less, in the sense that they cannot steal user coins, and the combination of multiple Masternodes ensures that no single node has full knowledge of both inputs and outputs in the transaction process.

To avoid a "bad actor" scenario, in which many Masternodes are operated by an adversary who wants to de-anonymize transactions, a deterrent has been put in place in which 1000 Dash are required to own and operate a Masternode. As an incentive for operating a Masternode, chosen nodes currently earn 45% of the mining rewards.

More info:

http://www.dashnodes.com/index/masternodes
http://www.dashnodes.com/index/masternodes_map

I see in the charts more than 2500 masternodes placed in more than 30 countries. Centralization? Some people are early adopters, we can't change that. With 8 rounds of random mixing through masternodes, do your math to understand what you need to control the network.

And we can move masternodes easily from one country to another if we need to. The world is bigger than the US.

The masternode system provides also an instant transaction system, a governance system, and the possibility to build other stuff on top of it.  Personally i think the new "governance system" or the instant transactions are far more important than anonymity.

Dash system is not completed yet, it's a work in progress. We had forks and all kind of issues in the past and of course we will have problems in the future. It is a risk investment.

Some people think cryptonote system is better, maybe it is. Do your own research.

It is legitimate to dislike the masternode system, of course. Insults (see Adam post above) are not.

Thread about masternode system in dashtalk:
https://dashtalk.org/threads/which-masternode-model-should-we-implement.4115

Why do dashers not think people get masternodes and that's why they think they are awful for privacy? If a governmental agency can afford to buy enough nodes to break TOR's anonymity (they did and can), why couldn't they afford to buy enough masternodes to break dash's anonymity, buy or intimidate the people who already own them, or go to Amazon (who they already work with) and get information from the hosts themselves on who is running the masternodes and where to "contact" them. If dash ever got close to Bitcoin's level this would be the easiest way to break dash's anonymity and comes straight from the NSA's thin-thread playbook--apparently Evan and his Devs skipped a few chapters in Cryptocurrency for Dummies.

aleix
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 10:51:02 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2015, 11:06:28 PM by aleix

Why do dashers not think people get masternodes and that's why they think they are awful for privacy? If a governmental agency can afford to buy enough nodes to break TOR's anonymity (they did and can), why couldn't they afford to buy enough masternodes to break dash's anonymity, buy or intimidate the people who already own them, or go to Amazon (who they already work with) and get information from the hosts themselves on who is running the masternodes and where to "contact" them. If dash ever got close to Bitcoin's level this would be the easiest way to break dash's anonymity and comes straight from the NSA's thin-thread playbook--apparently Evan and his Devs skipped a few chapters in Cryptocurrency for Dummies.

these are legitimate concerns. And I can understand that.

Nobody can't afford to buy enough master nodes, it's too expensive (and the price would escalate), and we would notice that. Instead they can create bitcoin nodes (for free) to do the same.

The initial distribution was not definitely under the radar of the NSA. Just because the masternodes didn't exist, not even the project or the intention of doing something like that. Just check the main thread. As I said in other threads, Darkcoin was just another shitcoin at the begining (with a very skilled dev behind).

Edit. As I said we can move the masternodes to Iceland, France and other countries and wait for your NSA.

They can take us and torture us to use our masternodes, yes. And send us to the Guantanamo prison, yes.  But for now I am not worried Tongue
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: