Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 12:35:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: US to charge FIFA for corruption!  (Read 7420 times)
Aggressor66

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 05:26:46 PM

Sepp Blatter resigned as FIFA president on Tuesday, four days after being re-elected to a fifth term.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/fifa-president-sepp-blatter-says-quit-164628917--sow.html
scott btc

Activity: 356
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 12:31:14 AM

This just confirms what most of us already knew - that FIFA is one of the most corrupt organizations on the planet.
I still think they should re-vote on the hosts for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups.
galdur

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 05:20:05 AM
Last edit: June 03, 2015, 05:33:39 AM by galdur

President of UEFA Michel Platini at a press conference following a meeting of the UEFA board in Zurich on May 28, 2015. Photographer:Michael Probst/AP Photo

Michel Platini, a former Blatter protege turned fierce critic, is the man most likely to lead soccer’s governing body into a new era, according to the bookies.

Football´s Greatest Michel Platini

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdsZlr0oPr0

Finchy

Activity: 315

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 08:05:06 AM
Last edit: June 04, 2015, 08:38:01 AM by Finchy

Sepp Blatter resigned as FIFA president on Tuesday, four days after being re-elected to a fifth term.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/fifa-president-sepp-blatter-says-quit-164628917--sow.html

He's now being investigated too and I guess that's why he resigned. Something will come out about him soon enough. I've always believed he was involved in the corruption. How can he be the head of something for so long and not be or at least aware of what was going on right under his nose.

This just confirms what most of us already knew - that FIFA is one of the most corrupt organizations on the planet.
I still think they should re-vote on the hosts for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups.

Ideally they would because there was very obviously fishy behavior going on to give these places the tournament, but I can't see it. Too much money has already been spent by these nations on stadiums and planning etc. It was always ridiculous giving the tournament to Qatar due to the heat but I guess money talks.
saturn643

Activity: 728

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 08:50:47 AM

now is the best time for the US and Europe to pull out of FIFA for good. From what I read there already is talk about it in Europe. Next week there is meeting and the idea will be discussed then. I can guarantee they wouldn't lack sponsor support for a new league. Other nations would quickly follow suit if Europe left.
galdur

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 09:28:08 AM

This Blatter resignation is a bit of a joke since he has stated that he´ll be in his office running things until his successor has been voted in which is scheduled to take place in 6-8 months or so.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 05:17:49 PM

now is the best time for the US and Europe to pull out of FIFA for good. From what I read there already is talk about it in Europe. Next week there is meeting and the idea will be discussed then. I can guarantee they wouldn't lack sponsor support for a new league. Other nations would quickly follow suit if Europe left.

Nothing will happen. All this is just empty rhetoric. More than half of the nations within the UEFA were supporting Blatter. Only a minority, led by England were against him. Add in the United States and Canada, and you will get the list of countries which are willing to support the "new league". And none of these nations are major powers, as far as football is considered.
arnoldSwartz

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 07:16:38 PM

Can someone explain why the United States got involved with FIFA? It seems like they obviously had support from other nations to arrest these individuals but I wonder why the United States was the one to bring charges.

Well...  because the United States is acting like the world police. You need to understand certain facts. These are:

1. The Americans can arrest anyone (i.e any foreign citizen) anywhere.
2. No foreign nations can arrest American citizens.
3. Corruption is OK, as long as it favors the Americans.
4. No one should question the world police.

Although it doesn't sound fair! That is the attribution of the strong, so you either accept it or you join ISIS  Cool Cool Cool Grin
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2015, 07:54:10 PM

Did he need a step ladder? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAgS0c4rZBo

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 02:22:15 AM

Blatter resigned, after some of the major sponsors (all of them based in the United States) threatened that they will pull out of the 2018 world cup unless he steps down. It will be interesting to know who will succeed him. Considering that the pro-American lobby controls less than one-third of the vote, it needs to be seen how they will get their representative elected.
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1128

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 10:08:50 AM

I guess Sepp Blatter resigned because he doesn't want to get charged anymore by his adversaries. But, he is still charged  Smiley

I'm not sure if they will re-vote for 2018 host, because Russia has started to prepare for the venue. Do they want to make Russia mad and take boycott actions?

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Finchy

Activity: 315

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 10:15:20 AM

Blatter resigned, after some of the major sponsors (all of them based in the United States) threatened that they will pull out of the 2018 world cup unless he steps down. It will be interesting to know who will succeed him. Considering that the pro-American lobby controls less than one-third of the vote, it needs to be seen how they will get their representative elected.

It wouldn't matter to him either way since he's screwed. Why would he care if sponsors dropped out of the world cup?

I'm not sure if they will re-vote for 2018 host, because Russia has started to prepare for the venue. Do they want to make Russia mad and take boycott actions?

There will be people and parties that will be pushing for re-casting but Russia will have spent too much money as they're well into development and planning for it so it'll probably be too late. Maybe even Qatar will be safe but they should move that any way due to heat. There's talks of boycotting the world cup by international bodies but I doubt they'd go ahead because there'd be uproar from the fans.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 10:34:11 AM

Lol.. that is exactly what the Americans want. The British are also pissed off, after they lost the 2018 hosting rights to Russia. They will join the Americans along with the other vassals. Everything will depend up on who is going to get elected as the next president of FIFA. If the new president is not pro-American, then the United States and its vassals will boycott the 2018 world cup (I don't think that they'll qualify, but still  Grin).
arnoldSwartz

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 02:14:17 PM

Right, to think that this giant organization is still a NON PROFIT - that is just Maffio Tically Insane
galdur

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 06:16:16 PM

Lol.. that is exactly what the Americans want. The British are also pissed off, after they lost the 2018 hosting rights to Russia. They will join the Americans along with the other vassals. Everything will depend up on who is going to get elected as the next president of FIFA. If the new president is not pro-American, then the United States and its vassals will boycott the 2018 world cup (I don't think that they'll qualify, but still  Grin).

Well, the U.S. has the bye until the fourth round of The North, Central American and Caribbean qualifier so they have until next Nov. I think to decide whether to partake in the World Cup or not. Seems pretty pointless to start in the qualifier and then later decide to boycott.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 03:12:16 AM

The President of the United States Soccer Federation, Sunil Gulati is trying hard to become the next president of FIFA. However, I don't think that he has got the necessary support. The last time, pro-American candidate got only around one-third of the vote, mostly from North America, Western Europe and from various vassal states of the US (Micronesia, Marshall Islands.etc).
galdur

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 03:31:53 AM

Sunil Gulati? Doesn´t ring a bell much I guess. Current odds:

Prince Ali - evens
Michel Platini - 9/4
Sheik Ahmad Al-Sabah - 7/1
Wolfgang Niersbach - 10/1
David Gill - 10/1
Michel D'Hooghe - 10/1
Alfredo Hawit - 12/1
Michael van Praag - 12/1
Issa Hayatou - 12/1
Jerome Champagne - 14/1
Luis Figo - 14/1
Jerome Valcke - 14/1
Salman Al Khalifa - 20/1
Jim Boyce - 20/1
David Chung - 20/1
Juan Angel Napout - 20/1
Zico - 33/1
David Ginola - 50/1
Barack Obama - 50/1
Robbie Savage - 60/1
Rio Ferdinand - 100/1
Thierry Henry - 100/1
Pele - 100/1
Roy Hodgson - 100/1
Diego Maradona - 100/1
Roy Keane - 100/1
Kenny Dalglish - 100/1
Eric Cantona - 100/1
Gary Neville - 100/1
Alex Ferguson - 100/1
Jamie Carragher - 100/1
John Terry - 150/1
John Delaney - 150/1
Giovanni Trapattoni - 150/1
Alan Curbishley - 150/1
David O'Leary - 150/1
Sol Campbell - 200/1
Guillem Balague - 200/1
Eamon Dunphy - 200/1
Piers Morgan - 200/1
Prince William - 200/1
John Carver - 200/1
Kolo Toure - 500/1
Raheem Sterling - 500/1

Read more: http://www.sheptonmalletjournal.co.uk/odds-president-FIFA/story-26635338-detail/story.html#ixzz3c9f39jyE
Follow us: @sheptonjournal on Twitter | sheptonjournal on Facebook

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 03:45:19 AM

^^^I don't know why he is not being considered as a strong candidate. The pro-US groups are pushing really hard for his selection. Anyway, as per the list, every single individual in the top 5 are pro-US. The real contest might be between Prince Ali and Michel Platini. Both are pro-US candidates, so the outcome doesn't matter much.
galdur

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 04:00:39 AM

^^^I don't know why he is not being considered as a strong candidate. The pro-US groups are pushing really hard for his selection. Anyway, as per the list, every single individual in the top 5 are pro-US. The real contest might be between Prince Ali and Michel Platini. Both are pro-US candidates, so the outcome doesn't matter much.

Maybe the bookmakers at Paddy Power have never heard of the guy. I bet they hardly ever even think about the United States Soccer Federation. Which by the way turned 102 years old last April.  It´s one of the earliest member organizations of FIFA.

galdur

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 04:52:37 AM

They grow about as much moss there in the FIDE presidency as Popes. In 111 years there have been eight presidents, three from England, France two and one each from Belgium, Brazil and Switzerland (Blatter). The salary is pretty handsome, like five million dollars p.a. last i heard.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: