Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:34:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should Satoshi return?  (Read 3024 times)
Unbelive

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 01:15:51 PM

I think it would be bad for the price, especially if he moves funds out of his account, causing panic

It would cause panic and also more attention. You cant predict what would happen, but on long run would not change much.

It would undoubtedly cause panic, and probably crash the price, but after the dust settled one of Bitcoin's biggest bugbears would be gone. In the long run it would generate tremendous publicity and possibly spark off another rally after the crash. It could result in much higher levels of adoption.

So this is good plan. As soon we heard he is here. We all sell our coins. Then few days after his arrival we buy them back at much lower price. And earn nice chunk of Bitcoins with his arrival.

We need Satoshi back!!!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 01:16:58 PM

uhh no...he did his job (and imho still contributing under some other identity)...better leave this as is.)
HarryPotHead

Activity: 192

You are what you eat. PIZZA!

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 01:20:46 PM

no , he should never return , bitcoin doesn't need a god

That sounds backwards to me, if he returns he will just be a normal man back in the game, while he is away it is like god who is not here but we live in his world. OP I hope he stays away and just lurks maybe joining under another account. To much hassle if he comes back under his name.

bornil267645

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2015, 03:38:45 PM

I don't think Satoshi would return anyway, cause it will be meaning less to return at this point.

And if he did, I don't think apart from some new curious users, no one will be that much interested because everyone else have created their own dimension in the community in their own will.

Eastwind

Activity: 896

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 07:41:34 AM

uhh no...he did his job (and imho still contributing under some other identity)...better leave this as is.)

The coin has evolved a lot since he left. His return will not do much to the coin itself.
Unbelive

Activity: 210

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 12:52:08 PM

The coin has evolved a lot since he left. His return will not do much to the coin itself.

Yes. Maybe he would said.what have you done? You ruined my perfect Bitcoin and make this shit out of it.

jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 06:30:07 AM

For now, no. In the future, maybe yes. One of the reason Bitcoin success is because it original creator is an unknown. His return will only make Bitcoin price fall.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 06:34:13 AM

he (she/it, whatever) shouldn't if he still value his freedom. everyone will be trying to find him if he does.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 07:07:32 AM

it could be a good opportunity to return now, and share some light on the upcoming client upgrade for the TX limit, it would definitely increase the faith of many users about the future of bitcoin
Eastwind

Activity: 896

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 09:08:37 AM

it could be a good opportunity to return now, and share some light on the upcoming client upgrade for the TX limit, it would definitely increase the faith of many users about the future of bitcoin

That is just Satoshi's own opinion. The community as a whole will decide.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 09:28:45 AM

Who said he left? He probably is around under a different name and probably has contact with some devs once a while. It's strongly unlikely for him to just leave and forget about Bitcoin.
shulio
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 10:07:02 AM

Well, I think he should. Whether he does something or otherwise to the codes, his return will certainly give the boost in the level of confidence. Probably it sends a message that somehow the developer is still around to support the coin. Indirectly, for others it will give the impression that, there would still be hope.

People will be more confidence with him returning here but there will be a lot of threat to him . I think that he is still here, probably in contact with some of the member of bitcoin foundation and giving advice to them but to return as himself, satoshi, I dont think he will ever do that

Why would anyone be any more confident? satoshi is essentially powerless to do anything really. In fact, if he did return it would probably give people doubts or worry because they might not believe its him but if it is then there's an issue of what hes going to do with his coins. At the moment they're stagnant but if he mysteriously comes back to life then he may want to cash out his coins too which could lower or crash the value if lots are released onto the market.

With all this debate about the fork, satoshi is the creator of bitcoin and that means that he knows the best of it. With satoshi around, people will be more confident about the future of bitcoin because he know what the best for it and people that are not agree with the fork will now have some thought if satoshi explain about it because he know what the best for bitcoin
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: