Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:01:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I require help. I've either been scammed or put my coins into a dead website.  (Read 2638 times)
chinesekato (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 02:45:48 PM

Bottom line I put around £300 into the coinmixer website https://coinblender.net/. The problem is that I haven't received the money yet (it's been 5 days now). I've tried contacting them numerous times but the website appears almost dead. Their last tweet was from April 1st giving someone a refund so I don't know what I can do.

I really would appreciate some help about what I can do. Will donate if they help greatly, thank you.
twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2015, 02:57:32 PM

This is the first time I have heard of this coinmixer, don't know anything about it but if you're telling the truth and you did send money to this site and you haven't received your mixed coins in 5 days, chances are it may very well be a scam site.

Who told you about it? Did you do any research prior to sending that much money to an unknown site?

I really hope I am wrong and that you get your money back but it looks like you were scammed dude.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 02:58:53 PM

why did you put your money there if you know that they are half dead, their twitter being from 1 april should've told you a something

if they scammed you we can't do nothing sadly, next time start with something smaller if you really want to try it, this is the only advice that i can give about those site
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 03:06:31 PM

Bottom line I put around £300 into the coinmixer website https://coinblender.net/. The problem is that I haven't received the money yet (it's been 5 days now). I've tried contacting them numerous times but the website appears almost dead. Their last tweet was from April 1st giving someone a refund so I don't know what I can do.

I really would appreciate some help about what I can do. Will donate if they help greatly, thank you.

This is why you should not use mixers unless necessary.  You are trusting them 100 percent.  They can go out of business and keep address open and hope for people to use it.

I wish I had a good way to tell you how to get it, but it's gone forever chances are.  If they ever redid the website maybe you could get it, but were talking very very slim chance.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2015, 03:09:37 PM

your money is gone. sorry for that.

next time start with 5 dollars  Undecided

chinesekato (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 05:15:04 PM

Thanks guys, I've sort of come to terms with it now sadly enough.

I went into the situation all in such a rush I didn't consider the extensive amount of research I should've put in. Normally I'm better with these sort of things but christ. I searched up 'bitcoin mixer' and click one on the first page. Such a silly mistake, but only a small price to pay for such a valuable lesson I guess.

My only glint of hope is that the minimum amount of bitcoin I'm able to mix has changed from 0btc to 2.02btc (a similar amount to what I put in).

As far as I'm currently concerned it's lost. I'll keep my eyes on the blockchain and make daily prayers to Satoshi at night.
virtualx

Activity: 672
Merit: 507

LOTEO

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 05:37:15 PM

I never heard about this site. Why did you choose to use this site?
You've likely been scammed.  They use whois guard to hide their identity.
It looks like your money is gone but you might find something on the blockchain to identify them.

Whois information:
Domain Name: COINBLENDER.NET
Registry Domain ID: 1903220541_DOMAIN_NET-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.enom.com
Registrar URL: www.enom.com
Updated Date: 2015-02-15T17:40:04.00Z
Creation Date: 2015-02-16T01:40:00.00Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2016-02-16T01:40:00.00Z
Registrar: ENOM, INC.
Registrar IANA ID: 48
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: abuse@enom.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.4252982646
Reseller: NAMECHEAP.COM
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: WHOISGUARD PROTECTED
Registrant Organization: WHOISGUARD, INC.
Registrant Street: P.O. BOX 0823-03411
Registrant City: PANAMA
Registrant State/Province: PANAMA
Registrant Postal Code: 00000
Registrant Country: PA
Registrant Phone: +507.8365503
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax: +51.17057182
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: A9DD1BDCAE294E7D8DDB843FA369112A.PROTECT@WHOISGUARD.COM
Registry Admin ID:
Admin Name: WHOISGUARD PROTECTED
Admin Organization: WHOISGUARD, INC.
Admin Street: P.O. BOX 0823-03411
Admin City: PANAMA

...loteo...
DIGITAL ERA LOTTERY

r

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████████▄
▄██  ███████▌ ▐██████████████▄
▐██▌ ▐█▀  ▀█    ▐█▀   ▀██▀  ▀██▌
▐██  █▌ █▌ ██  ██▌ ██▌ █▌ █▌ ██▌
▐█▌ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█▌ ▐██  ▄▄▄██ ▐█ ▐██▌
▐█  ██▄  ▄██    █▄    ██▄  ▄███▌
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
r

RPLAY NOWR
BE A MOON VISITOR!
[/center]
chinesekato (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 05:50:52 PM

I can't thank you people enough. Everything here onwards is just a bonus.

Here are the blockchain ID's
evidently, they're still there

https://blockchain.info/address/1H8A5m3h2TQ9woJ4RSJg3UJurestgALYsY
https://blockchain.info/address/1GNe1KAqQ7swuKZm1zhq5YJmvVSD9kf9ZY
melody82

Activity: 378
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 06:00:46 PM

Hi I really hope you get your money back.  Also you are doing the community a service by being vocal about getting scammed.  I suggest if you see posts about this site in the future you should mention your experience to save others from getting scammed.  I am really sorry you lost your money.
chinesekato (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 06:04:53 PM

Gah money is only money at the end of the day. I'm just sad that the plans I had for it will be stalled now which could've helped a lot of people and I feel I've let them down more than anything.

Final stupid assumption I made was just taking the website's word that it was affiliated with the company coingateway.net which seems mildly more reputable.
bitbaby

Activity: 812

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2015, 03:03:49 AM

So wait, you don't know anything about bitcoin or the likelihood of getting scammed when sending irreversible currency to a random website, and you ...already needed to use a mixer? Would it be indiscreet to ask why?

> I searched up 'bitcoin mixer' and click one on the first page.
Which search engine? Google gives plenty of results, but your site isn't anywhere in the first pages. Even when mentioned by name, by typing in 'bitcoin mixer coinblender.net,' Google tries to correct me & lists 'bitcoinblender.net' at the top.

You seem to have the worst luck...

That's true, I just did the same and that site doesn't shows up on the first page of google and if you search the term it tries to correct it to bitcoinlender. I don't know how you found that site, did someone mentioned you it or were you using another search engine, it might be possible that you have some malwares which is editing the search results to show bad sites. So do a thorough virus scan (boot scan preferred).

And the thing about bitcoin mixers is, you're sending money to a black box and hoping that it comes out the other end, which is why trust is the no.1 factor whilst using these types of services, so next time make sure you do proper research, read current reviews before trying out a site and do that in small quantities to avoid big losses.

michinzx

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 03:20:01 AM

ive personally never heard of that mixer before, your suspicions are most likely true and the site is dead.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 04:09:51 AM

What made you use a mixer in first place?  And out of curiosity what made you pick that one out of all of them out there?
khawaja07

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2015, 05:08:24 AM

you say the website coinmixer but the url says coinblender..
try screwing them on twitter ,it may harm their repo..
jack...you invested £200 , cant believe it..
well try your best if possible it dont work..let me know i have my own ways to deal with people like those.. Cool
chinesekato (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 11:20:25 PM

RIGHTEYO GUYS

The trail has become hot again. I've been speaking to a man who claims he owns coingateway, he also claims that coingateway is linked to coinblender. We've been conversing and he says he's trying his best to return my coins back to me. I'm giving him a day before I fire up the big guns. He's able to remove my extra (abusive) tickets from the solution page so I trust him (to an extent).

I mixed the coins because some people buy coins off of me. Any typo I made is a typo.

I'm looking forward to any extra information I can give to you tomorrow. But I think god had mercy on my soul. I'm not out of the woods yet however.

Thank you all for your support. It's been difficult and you guys really helped by giving me the motivation and information to keep digging for answers.
smiletyson

Activity: 661
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 12:19:12 AM

I wish you've asked first to the community to gain opinion.
chinesekato (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 12:22:21 AM

Final update, thank you everyone. Anyone who commented before with help please leave below your address. http://gyazo.com/72a5c51e2748837e5faa5ca9dcb0f3e9
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 01:28:19 AM

Final update, thank you everyone. Anyone who commented before with help please leave below your address. http://gyazo.com/72a5c51e2748837e5faa5ca9dcb0f3e9

Did the story end happy?  Did you actually get your money back from mixer? 

I'm hoping for happy end of story they do happen sometimes. I hope this was one that surprises me and you get it back.
Athertle

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Go figure! | I'm nearing 1337 posts...

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2015, 01:30:03 AM

Awesome! To be honest, I wasn't optimistic about this situation because a lot of users have ended up scammed in that same scenario. Now you've learned a valuable lesson.

khawaja07

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 04:50:34 AM

I got the registrant email:
Registrant Email: A9DD1BDCAE294E7D8DDB843FA369112A.PROTECT@WHOISGUARD.COM

fire a complain againt them if they still are not listening to you..
first send them request regarding your proble...head towards their twitter account and express your problem let everyone out there know that they are scamming.
this will down their repo and bound them to make it correct..
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: